• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I just strolled into this page after missing like two or three and saw a bag of rice. I'm confused, but oddly satisfied.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Check GX's story mode, and GP Legend's story mode. And then come back to me.
But GX's story mode is GOD like, I would love if they have the same cheesy dialog in the next installment.
That's what makes F-Zero appealing to me, it's like a 80's action anime.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
F-Zero GX's team is busy getting riden by sega to produce constant Yazuza games.
Any other developers that could help Nintendo work on F-Zero until Sega's F-Zero team is ready? They will eventually be done with Yazuza.
Edit; The only developer that comes to mind is Shin'en.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Why are we talking about Isaac on the F-Zero Revival discussion thread?
Because Isaac is secretly Captain Falcon's prodigy. He is transversing the land of Weyard to harness his strength and to develop his own fighting techique.

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
If we're talking about "gimmicks" that will make F-Zero come back, then they should have Capt. Falcon actually do Bounty Hunter work. Keep racing as the main priority, but on the side, be able to actually do bounty hunter stuff. I would totally buy it! I'm actually surprised Nintendo hasn't even used an idea like it yet.

For the record, I only played the first F-Zero game's Mute City, and an arcade station one. So, my knowledge is limited.
I would love that in an F-Zero game. It would also expand the F-Zero world by doing that. : D

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Any other developers that could help Nintendo work on F-Zero until Sega's F-Zero team is ready? They will eventually be done with Yazuza.
Edit; The only developer that comes to mind is Shin'en.
Shin'en? That developer has said they couldn't do it until they've become "legendary."

Idk wtf that means.

And Ghost Games (who consist of Burnout devs) won't be able to cause EA.

I mean, the only possible one is ARMS/MK8's team. But I doubt Nintendo would take a risk like that. :/

But GX's story mode is GOD like, I would love if they have the same cheesy dialog in the next installment.
That's what makes F-Zero appealing to me, it's like a 80's action anime.
Remember how God was the final Opponent? God, that was so stupid. xD

The rest of the series is like that, but it's way less silly than some of the scenarios and cutscenes in GX.

But the tone, the characters, and lore of the series is what I seriously enjoy about it.

I guess sense we're on the subject, I might as well bring this video again.
BEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
F-Zero should go even beyond GX. Serial escalation is the way to go. I’m confident it can be done.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Remember how God was the final Opponent? God, that was so stupid. xD

The rest of the series is like that, but it's way less silly than some of the scenarios and cutscenes in GX.

But the tone, the characters, and lore of the series is what I seriously enjoy about it.
The story was all over the place, but somehow I think it just works. F-Zero is a series I really need to get into,
so that's why I'm hoping we get Black Shadow into Smash. It might spark some more people to try out the games.
Sense Nintendo was gonna do a F-Zero game on the Wii U, maybe in 2019 we might get an announcement.

At the the meantime though, I have a Nintendo 64 so I can probably check out my Retro store and see if they have a
copy of F-Zero X.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I fully expect a new F-Zero on Switch. However, that trademark doesn't necessarily mean anything. Renewing trademarks isn't that notable. Filing new trademarks is, or filing a trademark when its not up for renewal. (That's why the Golden Sun one may be interesting, because allegedly it just happened last year as well.)

Yeah honestly they should just do this. Also, if they do it, it should just straight up be Fox McCloud, not a humanized version like James was. F-Zero has a diverse cast already. They can simply describe Samus, Star Fox, and F-Zero as all being from different solar systems.

I don't think they're biasing against F-Zero or anything. I think they were just trying to focus on the more unique stages first. When they did work on less unique stages, they focused on bigger franchises and/or easier stages to develop.

Mute City is a -very- big stage to redesign assets for. And with it being similar to Port Town Aero Dive, I can understand why it didn't get priority. I still fully expect it by DLC.

I'm going to say "does not require explanation". What else would it need?

Even if it encompasses the interior as well, I doubt its going to change much and probably wouldn't need a huge explanation. Dracula's Castle having all those monsters is the reason why it needed a big explanation for it.
Yeah that is what I was meaning, replace his character with Fox completely.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
James McCloud is fox's dad in the starfox universe, so I'd rather he stayed a human...and I want to use my imagination as to how he had his son

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Shin'en? That developer has said they couldn't do it until they've become "legendary."

Idk wtf that means.

And Ghost Games (who consist of Burnout devs) won't be able to cause EA.

I mean, the only possible one is ARMS/MK8's team. But I doubt Nintendo would take a risk like that. :/
Mario Kart 8's team could potentially give the game a try, but would need better direction from studios such as Sega and Shin'en. Any fast racing game studios would benefit Nintendo in making the new F-Zero game up to snuff. The Kirby Air Ride team might have the knowledge about speed to help with the game, but that might be pushing it.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
They should just let SEGA do a new F-Zero game. What they did with GX was amazing.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Do those exist?
You'd be quite surprised.
? ?!?!?! Has shown that they are indeed out there. (Just like F-Zero fans as a whole.)

F-Zero should go even beyond GX. Serial escalation is the way to go. I’m confident it can be done.
Man, i kinda just want to go back to X's timeline. xD Not that i mind GX's timeline, but i kinda think it's a little too crazy for the likes of me.
They should just let SEGA do a new F-Zero game. What they did with GX was amazing.

Sega needs to stop giving Nagoshi so many Yakuza games to work on. He has so many (with a Yakuza-styled Fist of the North Star game in the works, and a rumored Yakuza mainseries entry in production, along with a JJBA one.) Though, he has branched out to be executive producer of Valkyrie Chronicles 4, so who knows?

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So Xeno, how would you feel about the ideo of a Mario Kart x F-Zero Crossover.

Each stage has two forms, an F-Zero form and a Mario Kart form. The game has three speeds, 100cc, 200cc, and F-Zero.
In 100cc and 200cc, it's the mario kart stage, at F-Zero it ramps up to F-Zero speeds and uses the F-Zero form instead.
All characters have a mario kart and an f-zero car.
In F-Zero form, you have a health bar as per normal. Both Mario Karts and F-Zero Cars have boost power, instead of drifting like has been present.

Essentially that popped into my head. I dunno if you'd consider it a good idea, just thought I'd present it to you. :p

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
I tried to understand why if I get out to another tab and than I go there, it show like this. The number range from 4 to -10 white spaces.
Possible bugs?

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Each stage has two forms, an F-Zero form and a Mario Kart form. The game has three speeds, 100cc, 200cc, and F-Zero.
In 100cc and 200cc, it's the mario kart stage, at F-Zero it ramps up to F-Zero speeds and uses the F-Zero form instead.
In F-Zero form, you have a health bar as per normal. Both Mario Karts and F-Zero Cars have boost power, instead of drifting like has been present.

Essentially that popped into my head. I dunno if you'd consider it a good idea, just thought I'd present it to you. :p
There is an inherent issue with speeds. Those won't really change the fact that the designs aren't really suited for each other.

If you want to get a feeling for what I'm talking about, I want you to read this article, and understand why simply changing the speed is not enough to change what is the core foundations of Mario Kart.

http://nintendoeverything.com/feature-you-got-boost-power-why-mario-kart-8-is-no-f-zero/

The thing you're saying doesn't make sense, as they'd have to make completely different games with completely different characters and stats. At that point, it's frankensteining then together.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Wow, I leave for a couple hours to grab a frame for a new map and you guys talk about F-Zero, rice, SEGA, Shin'en, and the occasional mention of Isaac. I love it here.

aztimh

Smash Rookie
Been lurking in this thread for ages. Golden Sun was my absolute favourite series growing up. Played it so many times. Voted for Isaac on the fighter ballot. I will be so happy if he makes it in to Ultimate! Between Djinn, Summons and Psynergy he has such great moveset potential.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We are never on topic, lmfao.
Well, I think it keeps us sane. If we only talked about Isaac all the time, we'd lose our collective mind over the little info we have. Imagine if we didn't have memes like 50 Cent to keep us distracted from the crushing wait for the next Direct?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Okay I'm either having a dumb moment and missing something very obvious, but it looks like Sakurai put Isaac's scarf on the wrong shoulder of the Brawl assist lol.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty confident about a F-Zero game for the Switch, it is perfect to attract some new Switch Online users. Also, with the recent annouce of MP4 and release of Samus Returns, F-Zero is the most wanted Nintendo dormant franchise right now (Golden Sun is the second I think) and if Nintendo wants somehow to continue pleasing their fans, they should continue with F-Zero(and Isaac in Smash and a Golden Sun game :X).

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Wow, when I first saw all the DLC stuff for Xenoblade 2 I rolled my eyes and groaned at yet another Nintendo property employing DLC. But then I got Torna and I was really impressed with 1) the scale of it 2) the many QoL improvements 3) side quests being more fun and varied 4) the English VA was WAAAY better 5) the expansion pass for the base game has like, 20+ hours of new content in it or more (I'm kinda slow so it'll probably be more for me lol). For the $40 I spent on it, I'm getting at least 40 hours out of it: 20 from Torna and 20 from the expansion pass stuff. This is better than most of the FE DLC imo. The FE DLC almost always felt lazy and predatory, this feels like content they genuinely didn't have time to put in on launch since half the team was working on BotW

D

Deleted member

I'm confused that Torna was released on physical cards, but what do I know?

To try and get back on track, how about we do some lore building for Golden Sun, going back to discussing recreational activities on Weyard. I feel like that was a pretty underdeveloped aspect, considering in the original game, all we had learned, lore-wise was:

*Lunpa was a town named after a noble thief, but is now ruled by said thief's evil grandson.
*Martial arts are taught in southern Angara.
*There's a Silk Road between Xian and Kalay, that has to go through the hottest desert in the world.
*Tolbi has an annual gladiatorial spectacular, but beyond that is relatively boring.
*Gondowan's Sulhalla region was woefully underdeveloped.
*Somehow there was a wormhole to another dimension where Crossbone Isle is, and all you had to do was make a chef row.

One of my earliest headcanon moments for Golden Sun was imagining Iodem in charge of Tolbi by default and what would happen to the city after Babi's death. My assumption was that Iodem didn't have the beliefs that Babi had, so he likely would have tried to make amends to Lalivero and that region of Gondowan, only for it to be a difficult few years since one of Tolbi's gimmicks besides Colosso was that guy who lived for several hundred years.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Isaac for Smash, oh and I think we may see Saturos in too but most likely as a boss character.. Remember bosses also can appear as assist trophies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Giving the Golden Sun Remakes some thought and I think some bonus chapters surrounding Saturos and Menardi's journey would be swell. Basically, explain how the people of Prox are dealing with their world being destroyed and Saturos and Menardi's journey to become their heroes.
Have more interactions with the Beastmen from Dark Dawn and expand upon how the Prox and Beastmen races interact and the conflicts that arise between the two.
Edit: Let us experience first hand the trials and tribulations that Saturos must undergo to be forged into the anti-hero of Prox.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
There is an inherent issue with speeds. Those won't really change the fact that the designs aren't really suited for each other.

If you want to get a feeling for what I'm talking about, I want you to read this article, and understand why simply changing the speed is not enough to change what is the core foundations of Mario Kart.

http://nintendoeverything.com/feature-you-got-boost-power-why-mario-kart-8-is-no-f-zero/

The thing you're saying doesn't make sense, as they'd have to make completely different games with completely different characters and stats. At that point, it's frankensteining then together.
Yeah guess that makes sense. Trying to think how they could fuse the two together to possibly make it happen, but I can understand if it's not possible.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That much is true. I nearly had Shulk ruined for me and I DID have the Chorus Kids ruined for me. It does take that comment in a very different direction than I had usually interpreted it, though. It had always seemed to be a sort of warning of "don't get so hyped you're massively let down later" than a "don't get so confident that you start being jerks to other fanbases". I can definitely agree with the latter.

That said, it's usually a lack of hype that ruins things for me, and if I make things sad for other people, it's because I'm so frickin' depressed that it pops out everywhere in my conversations.

Also, I don't think we tagged you when we first mentioned you. Are you stalking us? :)
People send me stuff sometimes saying "hey you should respond here".

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Not Xeno, but I don’t really like the idea. Let’s just keep F-Zero F-Zero. Not that I don’t like Mario Kart, but there are definite differences between the series (one thing I love about F-Zero is the sheer number of machines in each race - even as you’re going as such speeds, you’re passing so many people, like running in a pack - that’s something Mario Kart doesn’t have). You start cross-pollinating, you have to make compromises, and in the end neither side feels fully like itself.

But hey, if it’s what I have to take to get a new F-Zero, then I’ll take it.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah guess that makes sense. Trying to think how they could fuse the two together to possibly make it happen, but I can understand if it's not possible.
Like GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 has said, once you start cross-polluting, niether side will feel satisfying, be it ends up a mediocre hybrid. Kinda like Tekken X Street Fighter
I'm pretty confident about a F-Zero game for the Switch, it is perfect to attract some new Switch Online users. Also, with the recent annouce of MP4 and release of Samus Returns, F-Zero is the most wanted Nintendo dormant franchise right now (Golden Sun is the second I think) and if Nintendo wants somehow to continue pleasing their fans, they should continue with F-Zero(and Isaac in Smash and a Golden Sun game :X).
Technically, Golden sun is 10th, but you're kinda close. You're right about F-Zero.

I don't know. After years of waiting and these instances of anger, I just feel kinda numb, like I no longer feel anything. It's this strange-middle ground of "Depressed" and "Indifference".

Again, any sane person isn't willing to put so much energy into waiting for something like this. Anyone thinking of waiting for something continuous will mostly end up like me, a continuously bipolar man who can't even decide if he's confident in dormant franchises returning or not.

As for pleasing their fans. I'm not sure they are "100%" doing that...but hey. It could be the Wii U days.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Wow, when I first saw all the DLC stuff for Xenoblade 2 I rolled my eyes and groaned at yet another Nintendo property employing DLC. But then I got Torna and I was really impressed with 1) the scale of it 2) the many QoL improvements 3) side quests being more fun and varied 4) the English VA was WAAAY better 5) the expansion pass for the base game has like, 20+ hours of new content in it or more (I'm kinda slow so it'll probably be more for me lol). For the $40 I spent on it, I'm getting at least 40 hours out of it: 20 from Torna and 20 from the expansion pass stuff. This is better than most of the FE DLC imo. The FE DLC almost always felt lazy and predatory, this feels like content they genuinely didn't have time to put in on launch since half the team was working on BotW
Would you recommend torna because I wanted to pick the game up but I'm worried I'll have to deal with rex in some way I dont care for rex at all and I'm wondering is the DLC any good?

Last edited:
Top Bottom