• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I would keep
Marth (Mario of FE and he his sword is literally the symbol of FE in Smash)
Ike (he is the only non fancy pancy lord, and can represent the 2000s)
Robin (Best selling FE and people can waifu off to the female one)

Then add an ax (Hector or Edelgard) and a lance (Ephiram or Shareena)

I actually unironically think FE deserves 4 to 5 reps, or 4 and 1 Advance Wars rep. Even though it feels really weird this time around with both Chrom and Lucina (where are FE4/FE8 bros!?) I understand that due to the way they assign protagonist in this series how easy it is to make clones of them.

I actually expect Lucina to return in the sequel alongside Marth. Marth is the first protag and an icon of not only Fire Emblem and Smash, but also of competitive Smash. Lucina is a popular waifu and is probably the fastest echo to make besides Dark Pit.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Man, all this talk of Steve and Fallout Boy is depressing. I'd get over Steve about as quickly as I got over Bayonetta, but damn. There's just so many better characters in Nintendo's catalog.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Man, all this talk of Steve and Fallout Boy is depressing. I'd get over Steve about as quickly as I got over Bayonetta, but damn. There's just so many better characters in Nintendo's catalog.
If it isn't apparent by my last couple posts, I consider the idea he could be in a complete joke. Like 1% chance of being in. Don't worry about it. :p

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If it isn't apparent by my last couple posts, I consider the idea he could be in a complete joke. Like 1% chance of being in. Don't worry about it. :p
It's even better than a complete joke. If Vergeben feels fit to throw his weight behind it, we can ignore him when it comes to leaks for a little while.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
It's even better than a complete joke. If Vergeben feels fit to throw his weight behind it, we can ignore him when it comes to leaks for a little while.
Verg basically said "There is some Minecraft content, but I doubt it's a character."

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Verg basically said "There is some Minecraft content, but I doubt it's a character."
That's what he said before E3, yeah. Its come up again because someone else basically said he knows everything Vergeben knows, but also that Steve is playable, and Vergeben's like "yeah, I can see it happening, and some of my contacts who aren't my main ones have mentioned him being playable."

That's roughly what he said.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I don't put much stock into Smash leaks, I'm convinced there isn't a single one out there that's correct. Still, it's sad to see a series you grew up with tossed aside for some flavor of the month and people getting behind it. I understand that Golden Sun, Super Mario RPG, and Banjo-Kazooie are old games. Sure they haven't really been in the public eye for awhile, but shouldn't they get some recognition from a game that's specifically touted as having Nintendo's All Stars?
The fact that there are so many people out there who are fine with just letting any game get a rep is pretty sad. Halo and Fallout haven't ever acknowledged Nintendo before, but suddenly people think they have a chance of getting characters playable in Smash? Come on, now.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Personally I think Vergeben's being awfully loose with his credibility by even acknowledging the one Steve leak. Just because newer leaks like the Prima one use his information as a base does not mean they are more believable: it just shows they understand no one will take them seriously if they don't include some variation of that information. Personally I'm willing to believe a Minecraft stage could appear since the series is perfect for one, but a character? I'll believe it when I see it, especially when Sakurai should know full well what character Smash fans want from a potential Microsoft collaboration.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
It sucks cause fe9 is my favorite
Tell you the truth I rather have Ike's game sell bad and still manage to be regarded as one of the best games to play in the series and going on to be one of the most popular characters in the franchise than to sell the most copies in the series and yet have everyone negatively trash said game for a lackluster story and badly written protagonist and characters that fans constantly bring up and complain about.

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
Oh, sorry guys, I thought I declared myself as an Isaac bro ages ago.

Please mark me down as a supporter for our Goldy Boi. The Sun will Shine!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If I didn’t want to believe Vergeben when he said Pokémon newcomer and a Minecraft stage, now I’m just hoping the guy never knew a thing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Only 13 posts (including this one) before we surpass the Smash 4 Isaac thread!

What a time to be alive.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Everyone Chuggaconroy is looking for a classic RPG to play and it most likely could be Golden Sun since that's the most liked reply to his tweet. EVERYONE LIKE THIS TWEET!!!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Tell you the truth I rather have Ike's game sell bad and still manage to be regarded as one of the best games to play in the series and going on to be one of the most popular characters in the franchise than to sell the most copies in the series and yet have everyone negatively trash said game for a lackluster story and badly written protagonist and characters that fans constantly bring up and complain about.
Haha yes. I love fe9 so much

Also the ike in your pic is so pretty. Love it

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Everyone Chuggaconroy is looking for a classic RPG to play and it most likely could be Golden Sun since that's the most liked reply to his tweet. EVERYONE LIKE THIS TWEET!!!
That would sky rocket Golden Sun more than one could think possible. Golden Sun is still a RPG franchise unknown to most.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I will be honest, I dont really get watching hours and hours of a let plays if you could just play the game unless it's a speedrun or something.

but chugga is a cool guy so imma put this on the background when it starts and follow it so I understand let's plays. Maybe screamtubers have ruined my perception of them

KMDP

Smash Legend
The question is: has Emile played Golden Sun before?

Because if he hasn't, might we see his first Blind LP coming right after his anniversary LP? :laugh:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
This kind of publicity would be massive if we ever need a DLC push. I know there will be so many subscribers that will fall in love with the series just like I did when I watched Chuggaa's first LP of EarthBound.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I will be honest, I dont really get watching hours and hours of a let plays if you could just play the game unless it's a speedrun or something.

but chugga is a cool guy so imma put this on the background when it starts and follow it so I understand let's plays. Maybe screamtubers have ruined my perception of them
That's pretty much exactly what I use let's plays for, which is why I mostly watch the "unskilled" gamers like Markiplier, game grumps, and jacksepticeye. If chugga starts playing Golden sun I will 100 like comment subscribe and SMASH that like button

Q-Long

Smash Lord
This kind of publicity would be massive if we ever need a DLC push. I know there will be so many subscribers that will fall in love with the series just like I did when I watched Chuggaa's first LP of EarthBound.
That's a good idea. I also think a "golden sun" day where people make pictures, videos, gameplay, etc. for golden sun would really help it trend on youtube, twitter, reddit, etc.

I'm not sure what the best time would be because no one knows the smash DLC window.
GS1 and GS2 released too early, in June and August. GSDD was in November.

March 21st is the gba's release date. Maybe then.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Funnily enough back during the smash 4 newcomer cycle, Chugga started a Let's play on Xenoblade and Shulk got confirmed. Now how crazy would it be if the same happened with Golden Sun? lol.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That's a good idea. I also think a "golden sun" day where people make pictures, videos, gameplay, etc. for golden sun would really help it trend on youtube, twitter, reddit, etc.

I'm not sure what the best time would be because no one knows the smash DLC window.

The best time to start is before DLC and then increase the flow of Golden Sun fan posts to circulate Golden Sun to the masses.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Funnily enough back during the smash 4 newcomer cycle, Chugga started a Let's play on Xenoblade and Shulk got confirmed. Now how crazy would it be if the same happened with Golden Sun? lol.
Yes, let's turn Emile's bull**** luck in our favour. :laugh:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

Absolutely love that idea, don't know about the date (it could be that one or many others, like a solstice for example) But I would totally try to contribute into that with fanart and stuff <3

KMDP

Smash Legend
Absolutely love that idea, don't know about the date (it could be that one or many others, like a solstice for example) But I would totally try to contribute into that with fanart and stuff <3
If it's "Golden Sunday", I'd say it should be either the first Sunday after the Summer Solstice or the first Sunday of Spring.
---
Also...
We've done it, guys.

Isaac's thread is now bigger than his Smash 4 thread.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
If it's "Golden Sunday", I'd say it should be either the first Sunday after the Summer Solstice or the first Sunday of Spring.
---
Also...
We've done it, guys.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!
Excuse my caps, please, but it is time to celebrate. We need to tweet this to Sakurai or something so he knows.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That password theme was a pain to find.

Apparently, according to the people who compile the OSTs on Youtube, the Data Transfer theme doesn't count as part of the OST or something. *shrug*

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
---
Also...
We've done it, guys.

Love the idea and the pun.

Also congratulations to every single person that has helped this thread reach the size it is today! I may not know you guys but I feel you are like a family to me now. The sun will rise for all of us!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Sorry if I'm out of the loop here, but who is this Chuggaconroy? And where is the link to this exact tweet so I can put in my like?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry if I'm out of the loop here, but who is this Chuggaconroy? And where is the link to this exact tweet so I can put in my like?
Chuggaonroy is a famous Youtube Let's Player that likes to play Nintendo games. He was able to bring tons of attention to the Mother Franchise from his series.

Basically, if a game is played by Chugga, chances are millions of people will learn about it.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Chuggaaconroy is one of the oldest Let's Players (not physically old, he's just been around a long time, I think he's around my age).

I'm pretty sure he's one of the last Let's Players to still do things the old way (i.e. playing a game you're intimately familiar with and not playing it blind).

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
One of the best Let's Play youtubers, and one of the most famous.

If he played Golden Sun, it would likely increase Golden Sun/Isaac's popularity with the general public by a decent amount.

Also, his content's good.

Really good.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
One of the best Let's Play youtubers, and one of the most famous.

If he played Golden Sun, it would likely increase Golden Sun/Isaac's popularity with the general public by a decent amount.

Also, his content's good.

Really good.
Yes indeed. I hope he get around to Golden Sun

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Never actually checked out Chugga before. Maybe if he does Golden Sun I'll give him a look.
I don't tend to watch Let's Plays, but I will if he does Golden Sun.

EDIT: That password theme gives me PTSD, but at least trying to figure out where you made the typo on your seven page password had an epic soundtrack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom