• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
That would be really interesting, knowing how hyped are we I think it's one of the best way to keep it, showing a lot of new things one after other.
The way to hype that sort of thing to the max would be as such (for example) (and assuming the number of character reveals is the same as the August Direct)

• Starts with a Newcomer from a new franchise
    • Facts 1-12 with the a good chunk of facts focusing on that new franchise
  • Reveals an Echo fighter
    • Facts 13-25 with some facts on the Echo fighter and tidbits
  • Reveals another Echo fighter
    • Facts 26-37 with some facts on the Echo fighter and modes
  • Reveals another Echo fighter
    • Facts 38-49 with some facts on the Echo fighter and assist trophies
    • Fact 50 is the announcement of DLC (more information soon)
  • Ends with the Final Newcomer
I would be very hyped with this format

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little lost in all this "blog missing numbers" stuff since Isabelle was revealed. So right now how many empty numbers are left? What kind of smash thing could fit in those numbers and in which way it could mean there was a character cut out from the last direct?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Wtf, I come back and see 35 alerts, I think something big happened but no, it's just you all who enjoyed my ****ty meme xD

Let's try not to convince ourselves that Isaac must be at X or Y point of a direct, or else we're gonna have one hell of an emotionnal rollercoaster during the directs.
I think Isaac will be in the same vein as Simon. New series/IP to smash for Sakurai to delve into the history of the games, movesets, potential echo, and stage functions feels like a character that will be shown first for Sakurai to talk about his design vs Ridley and K. Rool who didn't come with stages of their own and are part of an existing series. So that seems like a safe guess to expect Isaac at the beginning of a Smash direct. Though if he's at the end, I'll expect another direct where Sakurai goes over his moveset as I feel that's what revealing the designs entail.

The huge roller coaster comes into play when we hype ourselves up and are convinced that this specific direct is the one Isaac will show up so if he doesn't show, that's just going from an extreme high to low if we don't hype responsibly.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Hey guys, not the biggest Issac fan but I had a dream about him last night and now I like him Alot better lol(strange? I know) anyway, how high was he in ballot? And if he was high, how come he didn't receive a mii costume? :(

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Good morning fellow Djinn trainers !

So what's the leak of the day ?
Have the boxists retreat yet ?
Has Vergeben confessed ?

I need a coffee :drflip:

Hey guys, not the biggest Issac fan but I had a dream about him last night and now I like him Alot better lol(strange? I know) anyway, how high was he in ballot? And if he was high, how come he didn't receive a mii costume? :(
Welcome Mrs.Milky ! My (optimistic) theory is that Isaac didn't get an assist trophy nor costume in smash 4 because he was considered potential DLC at some point but got dropped because of various reasons like Sakurai willing to keep him for Ultimate.

Edit : meh double post ... need more coffee ... :drflip:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Good morning fellow Djinn trainers !

So what's the leak of the day ?
Have the boxists retreat yet ?
Has Vergeben confessed ?

I need a coffee :drflip:
Boxists won't retreat till someone like Isaac gets confirmed to debunk every theory. The 103ers, boxists thinking only two characters left, Verge who said nothing of Isaac and thus doesn't know everything (even though that's already been a thing with him not knowing K. Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus).

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Are the translated memories posted anywhere? I like little things like that. Gets people into the games.

I wonder why NoA and stuff don't do that. Additionally how many of you read trophies?

I did all the time for Melee and sometimes for Brawl, but didn't really for Smash 4 for some reason. I can't figure out why. As a kid, trophies of series I didn't play gave me this cool sense of mystery and speculation.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
We don't know the result of Sakurai's ballot, but from ones like SmashDojo's (multiple site 40k responses) Isaac did really well; he was #2, right under K. Rool.

Mii costumes don't really work as measures of Smash popularity; I see them more as acknowledgements that these characters exist by Sakurai. Gil, Dunban, Jacky, Flying Man are all Mii costumes I had no clue who they were when I saw the list and I know most of the popular Smash picks, and even characters that are sorta popular but whose popularity is nonexistent in Smash like K. K. Slider and Viridi got them as well.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Now the hype for Smash is back on the road, what track do we hope Isaac gets for his trailer if he gets included?

While it is more relevant to him, I'd want Felix's Battle Theme. Unless of course Felix is an echo in which case I am all for Isaac's Battle Theme

Q-Long

Smash Lord
They definitely added the fighting game costumes to tie into Ryu.

But I wonder what the costume selection method was. From popular characters like King K Rool to obscure ones like Gilgamesh.

Tetiro

Smash Ace

But I wonder what the costume selection method was. From popular characters like King K Rool to obscure ones like Gilgamesh.
If I had a guess it was a mix of "obvious popular choices" to hint to Smash Ultimate but then a series of niche ones as fun references and also to throw off the scent. It was obvious K Rool and Inklings would get in eventually so adding characters like Black Knight and Akira really throw off the scent to make you doubt their inclusion.

But mainly as fun niche references

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

i see no pattern, if I'm brutally honest.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Am I the only one who thinks leakers are just lucky guessers? Like they miss stuff all the time and everyone still blindly follows them lol.

Or maybe I'm just hoping because if he's right then it'd be a huge letdown?

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Well, we think that he did well considering the data we have, namely this exit poll collection from right around the ballot time period. I think at the very least we can set a reasonable assumption to being top 10 even if he's not necessarily #2 like in that collection of data. He is a consistently popular character, however; and was bolstered by the help of not actually being in Sm4sh. People assumed the ballot was used as DLC, so that's why Ridley is further back.

Even if people knew that it would be used for further smash games, I think Isaac would still have done strongly. He's typically top 5 and doesn't float too far back from that position. This especially being the case when you can only have one vote to cast.

Why he didn't have a mii costume is down to pure speculation as we never really get much info to work with. Sakurai did talk about the K. Rool costume being there because he was popular I think, but others don't really get that. Not all the costumes were necessarily from the makeup of strong ballot winners. You can go over the list yourself and see it's sometimes comprised of fun little costumes from characters who wouldn't otherwise get in. You have two Virtua Fighter costumes, a Tekken character, two different Monster Hunter outfits, Gil from Tower of Druaga and then a slew of other wacky outfits like a Chocobo.

Dark Samus, Daisy, Simon, Richter and Ridley all had no costumes either yet they're playable now so it's certainly not a hard rule. A lot of the mii costumes feel like a mixture between dream characters, popular ones and seemingly arbitrary ones depending on the whim of the devs. It's nice to use the inverse of the rule to test it really. Does the fact that Isaac not having a mii mean he's definitely not going to be playable? I'd counter with, does Akira from Virtua Fighter having a mii costume definitely mean he's going to be playable? Maybe it would be more illuminating if the mii costumes really was filled with speculated characters. If all of those characters I listed above were alongside Bandana Waddle Dee and every character thread out there right now with a costume with the exception of Isaac, it would be worth looking into. I just can't help but feel that it's a self-imposed rule that just has no true bearing on anything.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
The Brawl Remix of Felix theme / Doom Dragon would fit well with the idea of Rathalos being in the trailer. Isaac appears, shows off his moves, than fights Rathalos (or would be cooler if we had a "Doom Dragon" of K Rool, Bowser, and Ridley). This trailer would be kind of similar to the Belmont one.

As a nod to that Brawl theme, a new remix that fuses Isaac theme with Fusion Dragon would be cool as well. I think using two seperate songs would work too. A passive one, than a cool GS battle theme. Like Sol Sanctum than Saturos theme.

L

i see no pattern, if I'm brutally honest.
Yeah, since characters are more important than costumes, I see Sakurai and his team just picking costumes based on their likes.

If I had a guess it was a mix of "obvious popular choices" to hint to Smash Ultimate but then a series of niche ones as fun references and also to throw off the scent. It was obvious K Rool and Inklings would get in eventually so adding characters like Black Knight and Akira really throw off the scent to make you doubt their inclusion.

But mainly as fun niche references
I like the idea of using Smash as a way to get people into more obscure games. Akira's theme for Ryu's stage pls!

Tōji

Venus Adept
A little off-topic, but somehow I had never seen this fake before today and it's over a year old! Golden Sun Switch... Maybe one day. <3

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Also, I just remembered my dream from last night...

I dreamed that Isaac was in Smash... but his design was REALLY similar to Cloud for some reason, not as in how his attack were, but how he got drawn and all of the art-related stuff.

Take that any way that you will XD

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks leakers are just lucky guessers? Like they miss stuff all the time and everyone still blindly follows them lol.

Well, for sure there is a reason to be skeptical about any information that you hear from a human being. People lie all the time, and it's even easier for people lie to you if they don't know you and they're behind an anonymous moniker, online no less.

This is where credibility comes into play. If the information you provide ends up being truthful, people are more willing to believe you even if some information you provided was slightly incorrect. When your credibility builds up to a certain point, then you build reputation. Vergeben actually has pretty good reputation all things considered and not just for Smash games. He originally leaks information from other games out to the public as well, but he doesn't have a perfect track record either. Namely the new Castlevania games being a thing at E3 (which they weren't), but people are giving him the benefit of the doubt in terms of Smash information given that that piece of information was about Castlevania and not Smash.

But, this is where it's good to be a healthy skeptic. It's not good at all to blindly follow anything that anybody says without looking into the reality of the situation yourself. That doesn't mean to never believe anything anyone has to say either, just simply take the information and verify the claims. With the things that Vergeben and other leakers say; it's the simplest thing in the world to do. You just wait. Just a few posts ago, I called out Ken and being skeptical of him as a character because honestly it's the riskiest piece of information that he's revealed to date in my honest opinion. You're free to do the same with anything he says as well.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
A little off-topic, but somehow I had never seen this fake before today and it's over a year old! Golden Sun Switch... Maybe one day. <3
I remember that a fake leak is what caused Dark Dawn to even exist. That was a good idea, but I guess it was too soon to cause some real discussion. No Sap is going to fall for that!

I think timing it with September's direct would have caused more speculation.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Sakurai went to such great lengths to hide the everyone is here that even some employees were shocked when the direct played. I highly doubt anyone knows the entire roster. It's likely why Verge isn't outright claiming the characters he knows are the only two left, in the case of box theory falling flat. How does he know Ridley and Simon across two different directs but missed K. Rool in the same direct as Simon, there could be others he's not aware of. Heck, I'm surprised to learn that even the announcer is given fake names to say.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Well, we think that he did well considering the data we have, namely this exit poll collection from right around the ballot time period. I think at the very least we can set a reasonable assumption to being top 10 even if he's not necessarily #2 like in that collection of data. He is a consistently popular character, however; and was bolstered by the help of not actually being in Sm4sh. People assumed the ballot was used as DLC, so that's why Ridley is further back.

Even if people knew that it would be used for further smash games, I think Isaac would still have done strongly. He's typically top 5 and doesn't float too far back from that position. This especially being the case when you can only have one vote to cast.

Why he didn't have a mii costume is down to pure speculation as we never really get much info to work with. Sakurai did talk about the K. Rool costume being there because he was popular I think, but others don't really get that. Not all the costumes were necessarily from the makeup of strong ballot winners. You can go over the list yourself and see it's sometimes comprised of fun little costumes from characters who wouldn't otherwise get in. You have two Virtua Fighter costumes, a Tekken character, two different Monster Hunter outfits, Gil from Tower of Druaga and then a slew of other wacky outfits like a Chocobo.

Dark Samus, Daisy, Simon, Richter and Ridley all had no costumes either yet they're playable now so it's certainly not a hard rule. A lot of the mii costumes feel like a mixture between dream characters, popular ones and seemingly arbitrary ones depending on the whim of the devs. It's nice to use the inverse of the rule to test it really. Does the fact that Isaac not having a mii mean he's definitely not going to be playable? I'd counter with, does Akira from Virtua Fighter having a mii costume definitely mean he's going to be playable? Maybe it would be more illuminating if the mii costumes really was filled with speculated characters. If all of those characters I listed above were alongside Bandana Waddle Dee and every character thread out there right now with a costume with the exception of Isaac, it would be worth looking into. I just can't help but feel that it's a self-imposed rule that just has no true bearing on anything.
Well actually daisy had a costume head but yeah

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace

I believe some of them might have very little and limited knowledge, not enough for it to be exciting. Yet they don't want to loose their momentum.
Could also be pure luck guesses, it's not like predicting Isabelle was super hard.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I do think Vergeben does have actual sources, but they wouldn't be able to hear everything. His sources are probably people who were best buds with people who actually work on some characters or people who've heard it talked about. If Verge was a fake after all this stuff, then that is some godly luck. Otherwise, I think he's gotten a lot of stuff from sources. I do think there is a possibility of him being wrong on something, the Minecraft thing in particular. Another thing to note is that other leakers have leaked/guessed King K correctly, the Neogaf leak that said 6 more newcomers (excluding Ridley) in particular.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Here's a thought. Let's assume a Golden Sun game gets announced for Switch and it is 3D again. How would you want the style to look?

For me, I'd want it to look like the concept/official art but uses cel-shading (though not over the top) akin to Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade 2 to ensure that it doesn't fall victim to Twilight Princess and its bad aging. As while I love Twilight Princess it has aged terribly unlike Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild which focuses on style and as a result will age very nicely.

I'm just curious what the ideal art style would be for Golden Sun in the modern age

Last edited:

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Here's a thought. Let's assume a Golden Sun game gets announced for Switch and it is 3D again. How would you want the style to look?

For me, I'd want it to look like the concept art but uses cel-shading (though not over the top) akin to Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade 2 to ensure that it doesn't fall victim to Twilight Princess and its bad aging. As while I love Twilight Princess it has aged terribly unlike Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild which focuses on style and as a result will age very nicely.

I'm just curious what the ideal art style would be for Golden Sun in the modern age
I think we are all dreaming of Golden Sun 4. A similar art style to Breath of the Wild would be pretty neat, though I get the feel that it would be better to look at the specific way the characters look in terms of shading in the Mario Sports games. Both are made by Camelot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac is literally the ONE character which could proof the whole box theory wrong and blow it out of the waters. Same with everyone riding the Vergeben predictions bandwagonist ride. I still put in more faith in the 'tease' by Sakurai, than what all these other guys got to say. Hopefully Isaac's reveal will still pull through and give us speculators some hope again. Isaac is the one character I can see this doing, and it would be extra hype to me if Isaac did this all.

As for what style Golden Sun should have in a modern age? I still hope on a sort of celshaded look, but focussing most on a similar sort of art style as the original GBA Golden Sun games. I even wouldn't mind them using sprites if it polishes the look. Leave the fancy 3D effects for Summons and Psynergy, as well as the backgrounds and stuff. I want the game to look colorful but with a certain debt in the enviorments like the original games did.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

For me, I'd want it to look like the concept art but uses cel-shading (though not over the top) akin to Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade 2 to ensure that it doesn't fall victim to Twilight Princess and its bad aging. As while I love Twilight Princess it has aged terribly unlike Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild which focuses on style and as a result will age very nicely.

I'm sort of torn between two styles. 1. What you see in Octopath Traveler, which would be more conventional style with super polish added to it but done in the Golden Sun art style. That would be fantastic. 2. Full 3d, similar to Dragon Quest XI or like you said and art style similar to BotW where you can make a lot more interesting puzzles and maybe incorporate platforming if you really wanted to? If you did it like this, I imagine they could get really creative with possible psynergy and secrets. It's actually hard to know what the development team might go for considering that they've attempted a 2.5D with all the Golden Suns basically due to hardware limitations. Having said that, now I need to see fully scripted glorious weapon releases and summons they way they were originally intended on high fidelity systems.

Last edited:

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
The summons are probably what would cause them to go full 3D. For the spectacle of it.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet

For me, I'd want it to look like the concept/official art but uses cel-shading (though not over the top) akin to Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade 2 to ensure that it doesn't fall victim to Twilight Princess and its bad aging. As while I love Twilight Princess it has aged terribly unlike Wind Waker, Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild which focuses on style and as a result will age very nicely.

I'd personally rather have a style that is similar, but far less bloom on everything. Shade things a little bit more to give a surreal touch, yet, shade things enough to have enough depth in the world to have all the little intricacies in which you'd use psynergy still pop out enough to be recognizable, but make enough sense to be a part of that location as an entirety. I'd be hoping for 3D personally, but psynergy more akin to the originals. (minus Grip. Grip can come back, that was great).

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
To be honest, I do think Vergeben does have actual sources, but they wouldn't be able to hear everything. His sources are probably people who were best buds with people who actually work on some characters or people who've heard it talked about. If Verge was a fake after all this stuff, then that is some godly luck. Otherwise, I think he's gotten a lot of stuff from sources. I do think there is a possibility of him being wrong on something, the Minecraft thing in particular. Another thing to note is that other leakers have leaked/guessed King K correctly, the Neogaf leak that said 6 more newcomers (excluding Ridley) in particular.
Its not necessarily about Verge being wrong, it's about him not knowing everything. The thing with Verge is he leaks in pieces, vs the Gematsu style of having this long list of character names that are in. If he was able to miss 4 out of 5 characters in one smash direct, safe to say it can happen again.

It depends on what his sources tell him so he's relaying info that's given to him. And things like Gen 7 rep or Square rep aren't as specific as outright saying Simon, Ridley, Ken. What's the difference between knowing exact specifics of characters to just hinting vaguely? It's inconsistent to say the least. And I'm doubting Isaac's name is blantant ISAAC.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. aldelaro5
  13. alguidrag
  14. Akod
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. Banjodorf
  42. bassem6
  43. Bassoonist
  44. Billybae10K
  45. BillyBat
  46. Bingoshi
  47. Bkupa666
  48. Blackwolf666
  49. Blaziken
  50. Blue7113
  51. BluePikmin11
  52. BoltDragon
  53. BoN~
  54. Bowser-Daimao
  55. BravadoMan_13
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. Brother AJ
  58. Browny
  59. Buddy002
  60. Bunny8093
  61. BUnit
  62. Burruni
  63. Calamitas
  64. Calane
  65. CactusBlah
  66. candyissweet
  67. Capita
  68. Cap'nChreest
  69. Captain Toad
  70. CardStealer1
  71. Cazzone,
  72. Chapter Serf
  73. CheckmateChuck
  74. CheeseBroJoe
  75. Cheezey Bites
  76. Chromfirmed
  77. Chrono.
  78. ChronoPenguin
  79. clearandsweet
  80. ClinkStryphart
  81. CliffJumper
  82. Clumsyzephyr
  83. cocy965
  84. Cos.
  85. Coaltergeist
  86. Confirmation
  87. Crap-Zapper
  88. CrossDispatcher
  89. cybersai
  90. Dalek_Kolt
  91. Darkdarkness
  92. Darkfur
  93. DatoSm
  94. Delta64
  95. Demonfunds
  96. Dendros
  97. Desert Croc
  98. Destroyer713
  99. Dezeray112
  100. Dhragen
  101. Diddy Kong
  102. Dihan
  103. Dimensionsword64
  104. Dionaea_floridensis
  105. direktor
  106. DivinexRose
  107. DJ3DS
  108. DJBor
  109. D-Man9293
  110. DMurr
  111. DogManStar
  112. DoodleDuck97
  113. Doncalot
  114. DraginHikari
  115. Drakonis
  116. DrJayfox
  117. Dromader
  118. DukeNapoleon
  119. DustyPumpkin
  120. Dyllybirdy
  121. e105beta
  122. Eagle
  123. EclairSpark
  124. EclipseSmash
  125. EddyBearr
  126. ED Cantu
  127. Edlocke
  128. egaddmario
  129. ElPanandero
  130. El Syd
  131. EndlessChrom
  132. EndlessRain
  133. EnhaloTricks
  134. EricTheGamerman
  135. Essora
  136. ETFruitNinja
  137. ethanrodgers223
  138. Ezequileste
  139. Falgor
  140. Falkoopa
  141. False Sense
  142. FamiconDisk
  143. Felix_the_Slayer
  144. fenyx4
  145. ferioku
  146. Fire Rider
  147. Fire Tactician
  148. Fire_Voyager
  149. FirstBlade
  150. Flamel
  151. Flamingbird
  152. Flareon
  153. Flarzo
  154. Flik
  155. Flintike
  156. Flynn.Scifo
  157. fogbadge.
  158. foolssigma
  159. FrankAL
  160. FreddyOnDrugs
  161. Friesnchip
  162. Frosty Pops
  163. GalacticPetey
  164. Gameguy1996
  165. Gazorpazorpfield
  166. Geassguy
  167. gebi
  168. Geno Boost
  169. ghastmine
  170. Ghirahilda
  171. Gioka
  172. GladiusVortex
  173. GM_3826
  174. GoldenBoy01
  175. Golden Icarus
  176. GoldenSunIsAlive
  177. GoodGrief741
  178. Gotann
  179. GraveEclipse567
  180. gspindles
  181. Gurein
  182. Hakerson
  183. heylodom
  184. Holdenon
  185. hustler713
  186. Huanchi
  187. hwrdjacob
  188. iam8bit
  189. Icana
  190. iDazedX_x
  191. Inawordyes
  192. IntelliHeath1
  193. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  194. isaac3000
  195. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  196. Isaac for Smash Pls
  197. IsaacOrRiot
  198. Isaac: Venus Adept
  199. Istry555
  200. ItsRainingGravy
  201. ItsYio
  202. IvanQuote
  203. JaidynReiman
  204. Jak_spoon
  205. JamesDNaux
  206. James Tutumbero
  207. Jamurai
  208. JarBear
  209. Jclubsandwich
  210. JDogindy
  211. JesseMcCloud
  212. Johnknight1
  213. JohnnySparkxs
  214. Jupiter Ivan
  215. Jurae818
  216. Just a random scrub
  217. jweb22
  218. Kalaam
  219. Kalomaze
  220. KCCHIEFS27
  221. KeniththeGatherer
  222. KeybladeSmasher
  223. KHJason95
  224. Kikaru
  225. Kind Dedede
  226. KingCloud
  227. KingShadow
  228. KiraYoshikage
  229. KirbyDragon
  230. Kirbyfan391
  231. Kisae
  232. Klimax
  233. KMDP
  234. KoalaNut
  235. Kokirikory
  236. Koori
  237. Kremling Man
  238. Kumatora
  239. KurouKamen
  240. Kycse
  241. Lady Palutena
  242. Lampy
  243. LaniusShrike
  244. lanky_gunner
  245. LasermasterA
  246. Leafeon523
  247. LeeYawshee
  248. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  249. LegendOfDragoon
  250. legendofrob1
  251. LemmyKoopa
  252. lexpic17
  253. lightdasher
  254. LightheartedBum
  255. Lightosia
  256. Linq
  257. Lisbon Mapping
  258. littl-myth
  259. Liverpool19
  260. LoboRundas
  261. Lone (Thirteenth)
  262. Lonodel
  263. Lord-Zero
  264. Lucanic
  265. Lucimar
  266. Ludjinnado
  267. Luigifan18
  268. lunarum
  269. Lukingordex
  270. Lurxy
  271. Lynn Eslie
  272. M23-X0
  273. MacSmitty
  274. MagiusNecros
  275. MAGMIS
  276. MainJPW
  277. Malcolm Belmont
  278. MaskO'Gears
  279. Master Rapier
  280. MasterMushroom
  281. MatthewVenusAdept
  282. Mav485
  283. McLapras
  284. MeatOfJustice
  285. Mega Bidoof
  286. Mehdow
  287. Mendelsin
  288. MetalMario128
  289. Metocles
  290. Midnight Torch
  291. Miifighters4Smash5
  292. Minato Arisato
  293. Mikegamer0608
  294. Mishudo
  295. Monkokaio
  296. MonopolyRubix
  297. MorbidAltruism
  298. Moydow
  299. MrGame&Rock
  300. MrMacBeth
  301. MrToxicVoltage
  302. Muirkat
  303. Mythzotick
  304. mynameisv
  305. MysticKnives
  306. N1N
  307. N3ON
  308. Nauzgo
  309. Neo Zero
  310. NessAtc.
  311. Niala
  312. Nimbostratus
  313. Ninjakid41592
  314. Nintandy
  315. Nintendokusou
  316. NitrusVirus
  317. NonSpecificGuy
  318. NoOtherPersona
  319. NoR4U
  320. Nossnitro102
  321. Octillus
  322. Oddyesy
  323. oh.glory
  324. OhMyBanana54
  325. Olo
  326. Onassi2
  327. Oniric Spriter
  328. OpticalBlast
  329. OptimisticStrifer
  330. Oracle_Summon
  331. Organization XIII
  332. osby
  333. otarolgam
  334. Oz37
  335. Pacack
  336. Papagenos
  337. ParanoidDrone
  338. Pcubed007
  339. Pennate
  340. Phaazoid
  341. PhilosophicAnimal
  342. pholtos
  343. Pizza Robo
  344. P.Kat
  345. Plain Yogurt
  346. Playcube
  347. PlayfulMushroom
  348. POKEMANSPIKA
  349. Powerman293
  350. praline
  351. psb123
  352. PSIguy89
  353. PSYNergy
  354. PrinceGal3n
  355. PurpleStuff5
  356. PWN3
  357. Pwnapplez
  358. Pyzlnar
  359. QcSlayer
  360. Q-Long
  361. Quetzal77
  362. R.O.B.
  363. Radical Beam
  364. Radori
  365. Raetah
  366. Rafuki21
  367. Raykz
  368. Raziek
  369. Red Dasher
  370. Red Ryu
  371. RegiGygas117
  372. RenH
  373. Replica
  374. Rethuic
  375. Retroen
  376. RetroMetalSonic
  377. RhymeswithEmpty
  378. Roger Smith
  379. RosaPeach
  380. Royaru
  381. Royvolution Ream
  382. RumpletrellskiN
  383. Ryan
  384. Ryuji
  385. Ryuutakeshi
  386. Sabrewulf238
  387. Saer2k
  388. Sagittarius
  389. Salocin
  390. sandfall
  391. SanicJan
  392. Sari
  393. Scatmansworld25
  394. Scoliosis Jones
  395. scoobymcsnack
  396. Seb9k+
  397. SebasSancy
  398. Secret Sexytime
  399. Seleir
  400. Seoxys
  401. Sephazon
  402. Shawnullah
  403. sheik93
  404. shellshocker18
  405. Shin F.
  406. Shinhed-echi
  407. Shog
  408. Sidboylol
  409. Silo777
  410. SirCamp
  411. Skeleton o' Fun
  412. SkullKidKing
  413. Skyblade12
  414. Skyfox2000
  415. sman3975
  416. Smash_Handle69
  417. SmashBro99
  418. smashkirby
  419. Smashmar2
  420. SmashShadow
  421. smashtriforce77
  422. smileMasky
  423. SmilingMad
  424. SMX
  425. Solbliminal
  426. Solfiner
  427. someonetookjacob
  428. SonicLink125
  429. SonicSmasher
  430. SoraSaturn
  431. Sordim522
  432. SorrowOfAcheron
  433. SoulofKhaos
  434. Soulsaint
  435. SoupCanMafia
  436. Sparkus
  437. Spatman
  438. Spazzy_D
  439. Speedwagon
  440. spoilerowl
  441. Spootondorf
  442. Sqid
  443. SSBFan
  444. Staarih
  445. StaffofSmashing
  446. Strider_Bond00J
  447. StrikeBlade
  448. SuperBrawler
  449. Superfiremario
  450. SuperNintendoKid
  451. Supersmash77
  452. Superyoshiom
  453. Swampasaur
  454. Sykin
  455. Takasmash
  456. tamagone
  457. TappyBat
  458. TBone06
  459. tbuster766
  460. TCT~Phantom
  461. TeamFlareZakk
  462. Techno1000
  463. TeenGirlSquad
  464. TehEpicRyuga
  465. TempestSurge
  466. Tetiro
  467. ThatShadowLink
  468. THE 6r
  469. The Curious Volnutt
  470. The One Who Wrote This
  471. Thekewlusername
  472. T-Hell
  473. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  474. TheSeanMan
  475. TheSpaceKing
  476. The Stoopid Unikorn
  477. TheTactician
  478. THE TemporaryFool
  479. thethirdkoopa
  480. TheZoologist
  481. ThirdDay
  482. ThoughtfulWanderer
  483. ThunderOverload
  484. TiaSilvia
  485. TimeSmash
  486. Tinfoil
  487. Tiymako
  488. ToothiestAura
  489. topspin1617
  490. Travix Man
  491. TreeBranch
  492. True Blue Warrior
  493. Turmalinium
  494. tveye
  495. tyrus+
  496. UltimateWario
  497. Ultinarok
  498. Undella2
  499. User Name String
  500. UtopianPoyzin
  501. Vann Accessible
  502. Vegito2727
  503. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  504. Vintage Creep
  505. Violenceman
  506. walph
  507. warelander
  508. Warheart_666
  509. Wigglytuff ★
  510. winterofsilver
  511. Wintropy
  512. WhiteEaglePL
  513. Xelion
  514. Xenigma
  515. XenoWarriorX
  516. XeVioN
  517. Xiivi
  518. Xithyl_kykorl
  519. xLemmy_KoopaX
  520. xpnc
  521. XTremeGamer1234
  522. XxLtxX
  523. Yangfly Leone
  524. YellowLord
  525. Yggdra
  526. Yoh
  527. Yoshi444
  528. YoshiandToad
  529. Young Horsetail
  530. Your Hero
  531. Ypsen
  532. Yuki Setsuna
  533. Yusa
  534. YwhaletailY
  535. Zabadoo
  536. zagman505
  537. zaiman12345
  538. Zalaresh
  539. Zandro
  540. ZanZero
  541. ZarroTsu
  542. ZeldaMaster
  543. ZelDan
  544. ZestyÑ
  545. zferolie
  546. zmero_
  547. Zulyar
  548. Zuppo

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I know this is Vergeben, and he really isn't someone that hasn't raised our chances.

However, I want you to all to keep this quote in mind.

"Because I sign on here and have notifications I have gotten to the point where I don't even bother checking most tags anymore because I get tagged at least 30 times a day asking me things that I either have already answered, can't answer, or ask if their favorite or most wanted character is in like somehow I can will that into existence or the knowledge of it if I haven't heard anything on my end about them yet for or against whatever character it is.

After too long you have to realize how annoying and stupid that would be.

I will put it in the most simple way that I can that I already have before but will say it again because it seems like I have to.

If I know something, I will say say it unless I am instructed not to say it."

He still doesn't know that these are the last ones. All he knows is that these are in the game.

Edit: another one.

"Absence of evidence is not always evidence of absence.
I can't personally confirm or deny if Incineroar and Ken are all that's left for the launch roster, only that they will be in the game.

Me knowing about a Square Enix character and Minecraft content that could "possibly" be a character and not just a stage/assist trophy either deconfirms the box theory or supports it and means DLC.
I currently can't say for sure because if I don't know, I can't exactly claim that now can I?

Whether or not it relates to those things, I did hear the game will be supported after launch."

God I hope Isaac gets into base. It would be all the more better since at least we would know he didn't pass up Isaac for base.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Though I think box theory trumps Verge in the smash speculation scene given that two characters left is already conflicting with Verge knowing of three, Ken/Gen7/Square.

It's even being put over the Corocoro magazine that people were at first clamouring for it to leak something during the delay and now that it brought 108 to light, it must be a mistake or typo lol.

Even if Verge said 'jrpg protag', box theory will still be considered the end all be all until Isaac or Bandana Dee characters not spoken of by Verge throws things for a loop.

Edit: Though Isaac will be ideal since new stage and series IP.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I also think the Belmonts and King K Rool would not have been revealed in one direct if there was simply only Incineroar and Ken left.

Yes, that was an explosion of hype, but that was August, they still had September, October, November, and maybe Pre release December (I think Black Friday or December 1st are perfect dates). The hype of the August Smash direct can only last so long. They would need them spread out.

An expected Pokemon rep and an expected echo will not create hype / discussion that will last for 3 months. Unless they release pre-release trailers for DLC characters. That makes no sense. I think we have 2-3 uniques left and 3-4 echoes.

From March to September we have gotten Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King K Rool, and Isabelle. The echoes are Richter, Chrom, and Dark Samus. Sakurai said we wouldn't be getting many newcomers. But I think he met unique characters. In an interview for Melee, he mentioned that the development time for the 6 clones was shorter than 1 unique character.

Melee received 14 newcomers. Brawl received 11. Smash 4 (base game) received 13 (lemme know if I did my math wrong lol). Ultimate receiving 7-8 in the base game would be pretty modest in comparison when not counting echoes, which are easier to make. I think 2 to 3 characters will help carry the hype and speculation over until release. Course, that leaves a space for two uniques if Incineroar (that feel when Corsola will never be playable) is true.

Last edited:

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I think the thing about there being 108 stages actually raises our chances slightly. One stage that was actually made by some fans is Venus Lighthouse. Nintendo knows Isaac is popular and he's even been hinted at by Sakurai. I recall that Verge did once say that people underestimate Isaac's popularity, so he might've hinted at Isaac there. If Isaac is confirmed, box theory would end and other Smash threads might be more hopeful, particularly the Geno thread. If Isaac gets in, why not Geno? I am positive Isaac has a huge chance. Billybo, raise Isaac's chance to 90%. You know you want to.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Melee received 14 newcomers. Brawl received 11. Smash 4 (base game) received 13 (lemme know if I did my math wrong lol). Ultimate receiving 7-8 in the base game would be pretty modest in comparison when not counting echoes, which are easier to make. I think 2 to 3 characters will help carry the hype and speculation over until release. Course, that leaves a space for two uniques if Incineroar (that feel when Corsola will never be playable) is true.
I totally agree with you. I understand that Ultimate has A LOT of interesting things (like every previous character, new modes, even looks like a new story mode), but if I were Sakurai and I didn't get enough dev time to make new characters, I would -includeIsaacAnywayForSure- add a lot of new echoes just to keep that amount of new characters as previous games.... I would know that having just these characters plus Incineroar and Ken would make players a little much upset about it.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Why do a lot of people seem to take the box theory as "proven fact", anyway?

It's a promotional image for a game that release a few months from now likely made from guesswork.

I would have to say that a news source given information straight from Nintendo (CoroCoro) is vastly more trustworthy.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with you. I understand that Ultimate has A LOT of interesting things (like every previous character, new modes, even looks like a new story mode), but if I were Sakurai and I didn't get enough dev time to make new characters, I would -includeIsaacAnywayForSure- add a lot of new echoes just to keep that amount of new characters as previous games.... I would know that having just these characters plus Incineroar and Ken would make players a little much upset about it.
Maybe not quite upset, but definitely disappointed. "Oh a new pokemon and a new echo. That's it?" Yes, some would be mad, but more would be disappointed.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I also think the Belmonts and King K Rool would not have been revealed in one direct if there was simply only Incineroar and Ken left.

Yes, that was an explosion of hype, but that was August, they still had September, October, November, and maybe Pre release December (I think Black Friday or December 1st are perfect dates). The hype of the August Smash direct can only last so long. They would need them spread out.

An expected Pokemon rep and an expected echo will not create hype / discussion that will last for 3 months. Unless they release pre-release trailers for DLC characters. That makes no sense. I think we have 2-3 uniques left and 3-4 echoes.

From March to September we have gotten Inkling, Ridley, Simon, King K Rool, and Isabelle. The echoes are Richter, Chrom, and Dark Samus. Sakurai said we wouldn't be getting many newcomers. But I think he met unique characters. In an interview for Melee, he mentioned that the development time for the 6 clones was shorter than 1 unique character.

I agree with this. And looking at what statistics have shown (and were spot on about September only having 1 character), we are still on track to having 13-15 characters. But throughout everything so far, the stats kept a sturdy 7-8 characters. I believe there are up to 3 more unique characters and 3 more echoes. But no more than that.

Also, every Smash Direct had two unique fighters (or an oldie but heavily refined) confirmed

April 8th 2014 - Greninja and Charizard (went solo)
October 23, 2014 - Bowser Jr and Mewtwo (first DLC character)
June 14, 2015 - Ryu and Roy (Became a semi-clone)
December 15, 2015 - Corrin and Bayonetta
August 8th, 2018 - Simon and King K Rool

So considering there will no doubt be a Smash Direct, we are guaranteed at least 2 more unique newcomers. All we must hope for is that October does indeed get a standard Nintendo Direct. If that happens with no expansion on Spirits Mode, the box theory is completely destroyed.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'd rather have exquisite 2D like Rayman origins / legends. If we go the 3D route something like the incoming Spyro remake would look sumptuous. I'm also a die hard fan of cell-shading a la wind waker.

Top Bottom