• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
So what is the logic behind Isaac being DLC or not in the game, all of a sudden. Isabelle's reveal changes literally nothing. In hindsight, she was the most obvious character for the Direct since they used her intro to cross promote Animal Crossing for 2019.

We have three months and more characters, no doubt, before Ultimate releases. Honestly, I understand some people are upset that Isaac isn't in, but being pessimistic at a time like this isn't going to help anyone. We've got to stay positive and keep up the good work we've already been doing for Isaac these past few years.
I’m honestly astonished at the amount of pessimism right now. Again, I’ll keep my head high. I only mention DLC to prove that our fight to get Isaac in extends beyond the game’s release. It’s not over yet. It won’t be over until he’s an AT or until they close out DLC. And at that point. Isaac for Smash 6.

Golden Sun is my blood. Jupiter Ivan isn’t just a name I made for Smashboards, it’s my online persona. I will continue to fight for the franchise it means that much to me. And I will remain positive. There’s no point in getting upset.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
They could but why run a costly ballot like that again when they have worldwide data for years to come already from the first ballot?
Very simple. Because Smash 4's ballot was created in an environment where characters like Ridley, Skull Kid, Waluigi, and others weren't voted for commonly on account of already being de-confirmed. If they ran another ballot. They'd make it clear from the start that the information within would be relevant not just for this smash game, but all following smash games. Plus...it really isn't hard to pay some people to read over suggestions. They ran polls like the fighter ballot in Japan in Melee's era. It really isn't that out of the ordinary to just call upon fans to see what they have to say in that sort of fashion.

D

Deleted member

Guys, so many people were disappointed. Don't let the angst get to you to think that you're the only one to suffer.

Though... I wish that they just had followed through. Not a whole lot came from tonight.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I had tempered expectations. Wasn’t expecting Isaac. Figured probably Skull Kid. I just wasn’t expecting a character who would basically disconfirm Isaac.
Isabelle did nothing wrong... :(

In all seriousness, how does this "disconfirm" Isaac, per say? Especially with the game that now has received Ridley, K.Rool and Simon Belmont, along with already being said to go by Ballot-picks?

As much as the momentum might be seen halted a bit by her, I still think this Direct was gonna be more on the "casual" side of things. So it was natural that we got things the way we did.

Nevertheless, this is not to discredit our hype for Isaac prior. And we all should be happy he's not in same place already as Captain Toad or Ashley so far.

Meh.

You guys might think the direct was Great. But with the online being still ****, I'll guess I'll probably sell off Splatoon 2.

Shame. I thought it would be a mainstay in my collection.
Yikes man. Get a grip.

The only thing I can say is that maybe it's time for you to go count up the blessings you've received in this series up to this point in Ultimate, and just appreciate that for a while.

Because it might be all you will have in the end. :drifloon:

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
We have 3 months left. I doubt Isaac will be shown.

And I doubt we'll get anything GS ever, if going by the amount of characters fighting for Isaac's place.
Three months is a lot of time in this situation solely because out of the nine characters revealed five were from a single smash direct.

Yggdra

Smash Rookie
lol, you can almost touch the negativity of some users. Really though, Isabelle doesn't change Isaac chances of getting in the game, also, why are we talking dlc already? It's not like he has 0% chances of getting in base roster just because of this one character.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Let me get this straight one direct later you go from an Isaac supporter to... this? Ok, Xeno, you do you, buddy.

As if that means anything. I'm still an Isaac supporter. But at this point, I don't want to go through anymore agony.

My expectations are here. Don't expect anything. Because you'll set yourself up for disappointment.

You do your thing, you be positive.

Isabelle did nothing wrong... :(

In all seriousness, how does this "disconfirm" Isaac, per say? Especially with the game that now has received Ridley, K.Rool and Simon Belmont, along with already being said to go by Ballot-picks?

As much as the momentum might be seen halted a bit by her, I still think this Direct was gonna be more on the "casual" side of things. So it was natural that we got things the way we did.

Nevertheless, this is not to discredit our hype for Isaac prior. And we all should be happy he's not in same place already as Captain Toad or Ashley so far.

Yikes man. Get a grip.

The only thing I can say is that maybe it's time for you to go count your blessings you've received up to now in this series being now in Ultimate, and just appreciate that for a while.

Because it might be all you will have in the end.
Splatoon 2 is mostly online, and without online, it's probably just gonna be a waste of space on my shelf.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Very simple. Because Smash 4's ballot was created in an environment where characters like Ridley, Skull Kid, Waluigi, and others weren't voted for commonly on account of already being de-confirmed. If they ran another ballot. They'd make it clear from the start that the information within would be relevant not just for this smash game, but all following smash games. Plus...it really isn't hard to pay some people to read over suggestions. They ran polls like the fighter ballot in Japan in Melee's era. It really isn't that out of the ordinary to just call upon fans to see what they have to say in that sort of fashion.
No, but it is costly to set up and maintain data like that around the world. They likely aren't going to do that again just for clarification.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Honestly my prediction is Skull Kid and Isaac in october and then Sakurai will surprise us by dumping like five new characters along with echoes in the final Smash Direct.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac's trailer wasn't swapped out with Isabelle's. Her reveal ended with an Animal Crossing Switch teaser, and that obviously wouldn't fit in a Smash-specific direct. She was planned to be revealed here in their last general direct of the year from the start.
Isabelle's trailer is 134, the post directly after Alolan Exeggutor. I'm still curious about the other posts, though.

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing Switch seem like the highlights.

Town looks promising but I'm not that interested yet.
Final Fantasy 9 is the last classic in my eyes so it's a wonderful inclusion with the other FF being cool too.
There were tons of great reveals in the Direct. Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing Switch are great reveals, as is all the FF games coming. I love it.

I agree with you on the GameXplain point, but mainly I've noticed it's John who tends to make these crazy predictions, only for them to come true. He predicted Kirby, the Final Fantasy ports AND that Isabelle would be a non-echo Reveal. It's a lot of correct guesses that makes me wonder if he has insider info and just doesn't say it.
I missed him saying Isabelle as a non-Echo reveal. But yeah, Jon definitely has insider info. He probably saw the Direct in advance.

I had tempered expectations. Wasn’t expecting Isaac. Figured probably Skull Kid. I just wasn’t expecting a character who would basically disconfirm Isaac.
This is complete horse****. Isabelle means literally JACK **** about Isaac or anyone else.

So what is the logic behind Isaac being DLC or not in the game, all of a sudden. Isabelle's reveal changes literally nothing. In hindsight, she was the most obvious character for the Direct since they used her intro to cross promote Animal Crossing for 2019.

We have three months and more characters, no doubt, before Ultimate releases. Honestly, I understand some people are upset that Isaac isn't in, but being pessimistic at a time like this isn't going to help anyone. We've got to stay positive and keep up the good work we've already been doing for Isaac these past few years.
I've seen people thinking they'd use Isaac to tease a new GS, but personally I doubt it. I think if Isaac gets revealed, he'll just be revealed whenever Sakurai is up to it, and it'll be used as proof Isaac was drawn specifically from the ballot, similar to K. Rool.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

EXACTLY!
I don't know why that suddenly everyone has lost hope.
I get that Isaac wasn't reveal sucks, but he wasn't announced as an AT.
I still think he has a shot, they might save him for another Smash direct.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I...am confused how exactly does Isabelle dis-confirm Isaac again?
It doesn’t. I think the hype just got to a few people. Anyway, I’m kinda done reading all this negativity so imma step away.

Billybae10K Billybae10K Mayhaps you could make an endearing video about how this isn’t the end for Isaac? May calm a select few lol

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Isabelle did nothing wrong...

Nevertheless, this is not to discredit our hype for Isaac prior.

I can only say that it's time you go count your blessings you've received up to now in this series, and just appreciate that for a while then...

Because in the end, it might be all you will have in the end.
Because Isabelle is a “muh relevancy” character who had little Ballot presence and didn’t get popularity for a year and a half later. She puts the game right back into the Smash 4 mindset of advertising only, and kills any and all hope for new franchises. And I can’t say much more in a polite fashion.

Also, I lost the Isaac fan art I’d commissioned from Chibi, and I’m really bummed about it.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
To be honest it was one of the most boring directs I have seen in a while. And to be even more honest (not Isaac related) I'm worried that Nintendo is falling into some Wii U habits that could really hurt them if they don't stop it. As for Isaac I'm not even a little worried about his inclusion. Sakurai's character choices have been following the predictions I made way back during the inkling reveal. The dude is predictable. this roster wont be that big but Sakurai has had enough time to make at least 12 unique fighters. If 3 clones can be made in the time it takes to make 1 unique we still have quite a way to go.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Because Isabelle is a “muh relevancy” character who had little Ballot presence and didn’t get popularity for a year and a half later. She puts the game right back into the Smash 4 mindset of advertising only, and kills any and all hope for new franchises. And I can’t say much more in a polite fashion.

Also, I lost the Isaac fan art I’d commissioned from Chibi, and I’m really bummed about it.
Personally I'd argue Isabelle did pretty decently well on the ballot, but in any case, Inklings are here as well.

To be honest it was one of the most boring directs I have seen in a while. And to be even more honest (not Isaac related) I'm worried that Nintendo is falling into some Wii U habits that could really hurt them if they don't stop it. As for Isaac I'm not even a little worried about his inclusion. Sakurai's character choices have been following the predictions I made way back during the inkling reveal. The dude is predictable. this roster wont be that big but Sakurai has had enough time to make at least 12 unique fighters. If 3 clones can be made in the time it takes to make 1 unique we still have quite a way to go.
The potential for semi-clones again has me somewhat optimistic we could see both Bandana Waddle Dee and Dixie Kong get this treatement. Still fully expect Shadow and leaning on Ken maybe as well in terms of Echo Fighters.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
The only new franchise in Smash 5 are Castlevania and Splatoon, so only one first party from Nintendo yet. Chill out guys.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Some folks are flat out freaking out and i'm sitting here like. Just gotta stay positive. In the Smash 4 hype my number 1 most wanted fighter was Shulk. I remember so many rumors sayin he'd be the July Smash website reveal. And he wasn't. People were rushing from under the wood work to say he was deconfirmed and had no chance after that. Next reveal was him. I stayed positive through the experience. I got to rub a lot of peoples nose's in it afterwords too. I was left with just one more fighter I -NEEDED- for Smash. And that was Isaac. I'm looking at this and seeing something similar. I like to try and stay positive in regards to my bets on smash. More often then not things turn out well in the end. At least from my experience. Maybe i'm new to the suffering that is being a golden sun fan. But K rool and Ridley are all the proof I personally need to say he's gonna make it. They are listening to the fans.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
There's no reason to get upset over this.

They revealed Isabelle to tie into the new Animal Crossing game. Why would they reveal someone like Isaac who, to be completely honest, isn't that well-known to the general Nintendo fanbase in a Direct like this one? Revealing him during a Smash Direct makes a whole lot more sense.

The Direct was disappointing overall, and the delay made it worse, but there's still a chance. Since June, we've gotten 8 character reveals (including Echos.) There's still plenty of time for Isaac.

Don't let this get you guys down.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think you're confusing "deconfirmed" with "lower chance".

Isaac and a lot of others chances are growing more limited by each direct. This may not deconfirm him, but he's less likely to get in base.

Btw, Luigi's mansion 3 looks like horse****.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Mewtwo was DLC due to fan demand

I feel like Sakurai did not see the true demand till the photo he posted

It makes sense to renew the trademark and start working on the DLC for the spring for smash

It just makes sense. He needs characters to sell

Isaac, Banjo and maybe an echo would be the first batch

We will get Early 2019 and late 2019 DLC

2-3 years

imo

No AT is good news. Just don't let the love for GS die, please. This is our final chance. Even if Isaac is not in Smash this is the only way Nintendo will see we want more GS after DD

Is the fan hype

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

Yeah... this makes no sense at all lol.

You should step out of the thread for a bit if you actually feel like this haha.
Isabelle was up there in the most likely characters. The only surprise was her being a full character and not an echo.

We're still on track boys, the next direct is where it's at!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Y'all have become so pessimistic.

Some of us have been waiting for Isaac for over 10 years, this is just a bump in the road at best.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea the Direct was too "safe" or bland, I dunno which term would be appropriate.

No Fire Emblem, no Metroid Prime 4 and Isabelle's Smash "trailer" was too tame and not hype like all Smash trailers are.

I'm not as deflated as some other people here, I still have hope for Isaac, but I can see why they were so disappointed after this direct.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm looking at the positives here.
1- Isabelle's inclusion further cerements that Assist trophies can make for interesting new characters.

2- It also show's they're probably listening almost exclusively to Ballot because it's a safe bet she ranked highly, just based on that Mii Fighter Costume in Smash 4

3- Isaac is still in the running, Nothing has expressly de-confirmed him and we still have 3 months too go.

4- Gamexplain probably has to know some stuff. They called that Kirby's epic yarn would be on 3DS for whatever reason, and they called that all the PS1 final fantasy games would be on switch. In that same video they called for Isaac in smash. So they are probably privy to some information.

5- Isabelle is a character the -average- nintendo fan is familiar with. Isaac really isn't. So she fits for a general direct. A smash focused direct could easily serve as Isaac's debut stage. How many -casual- nintendo fans are super familiar with King K rool? Outside of the 90's kids and smash speculators. Not that many. So he made sense for a smash direct. The same sort of thing applies for Isaac.
GameExplain don't know nothing they're speculators just like us

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is complete horse****. Isabelle means literally JACK **** about Isaac or anyone else.
Agreed. I'm a bit flustered with this topic swinging from irrational expectations of Isaac being guaranteed to irrational "We're doomed!" just because of one character reveal.

Again, the thought that this game's roster has to be solely based on the Ballot is fabricated. A character inclusion like Isabelle's does not spell doom for Isaac just yet. It just means a precious slot was taken, nothing more.

Btw, Luigi's mansion 3 looks like horse****.
I hate to agree, but I kind of do. I gave it the benefit of the doubt when I first watched the Direct because the video quality was low, but then I watched it in HD. Yikes. It's like they just put the 3DS version in HD. I always thought that Dark Moon's graphics were mediocre compared to the original. The GCN Luigi's Mansion was highly detailed. Dark Moon, and now 3 are not. That's very disappointing considering what the Switch is capable of.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I get being disappointed that all the pieces felt lined up for a possible Isaac reveal only to not get him, but some of the more drastic pessimistic posts have actually made me let out a few chuckles than doubt Isaac. I guess in hindsight it does make sense that Isaac or Geno didn't show up in this direct, these are characters that Sakurai will want to talk about, mention how requested there were and yada yada. But it was nice for a bit thinking we could have been out of speculation hell.

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
I literally don’t know how anyone can suddenly think Isaac doesn’t have a chance now. Is there one less arbitrary “slot” left? I guess so? But considering we have no idea how many newcomers there’ll be it is fairly irrelevant to Isaac’s chances. I’ve been waiting for this guy for 10+ years like alot of you.

Personally, I think I can wait for a couple more months to find out he rest of the base and I have plenty of gas left in the tank to push for DLC, should it come to thatz

SirCamp

Smash Ace
For those asking what's changed, in my estimation there now appears to be more competition for what we perceive to be fewer newcomer "slots" than normal. Isaac is certainly not disconfirmed, but being that I wasn't really thinking of newcomers being in competition with echoes, and I was convinced Isabelle was going to be an echo before, it feels just feels like Isaac isn't as much of a lock as I thought pre-direct.

Like I said before I now somewhat expect Dixie as a non-echo. And possibly even Ken, based on Verge (who seems even more legit post direct). Plus the other hints we have just makes for more competition than I expected for what we've been told is a smaller number of newcomers.

That doesn't even mean is chances are bad. But I'd be lying if I didn't think, given what I know now, that his chances aren't a least a little bit diminished.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I get being disappointed that all the pieces felt lined up for a possible Isaac reveal only to not get him, but some of the more drastic pessimistic posts have actually made me let out a few chuckles than doubt Isaac. I guess in hindsight it does make sense that Isaac or Geno didn't show up in this direct, these are characters that Sakurai will want to talk about, mention how requested there were and yada yada. But it was nice for a bit thinking we could have been out of speculation hell.
When they showed all the Square stuff I thought it was gonna be Geno

I think they got teased way worse than us lol

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Dm_zAo0U0AAbm1x.jpg

Guys we are getting amazing fan art like this because we all want Isaac. If we act all pessimistic now we are just digging the grave for GS

We need to not give up.

Did we see an AT yet?

no

Hope is not dead!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Well I'm not loosing hope like, at all. You guys can count on me to defend Isaac till the end !

Like many said we didn't get a reveal but nothing points toward Isaac not being in, so why worrying ? It's gonna be fine. We basically at the same state as before this direct. Nothing good happened (in the golden sun department I mean) but nothing bad either.

For those who are the most disappointed I'm sure a good night of sleep will make you see things clearer already and realize it's not that bad.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Imma drop this before I go guys.

Sakurai did make a tweet about the Isabelle reveal and guess what, here’s a range of support there.

People genuinely happy about Isabelle.

People supoorting Skull Kid.

People supporting Geno.

People supporting Banjo and Kazooie.

And of course. Our Golden Boy.

That is all. I’ll be back when y’all have a cooler head. Goodnight all.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqJY0eXENg
There is enough predicted to question if at least one of them inside info.
I saw that yesterday what I'm saying is I don't think they have info like that a very crazy accurate guess yes but I'm not giving them the they have insider info card you can and take whatever little thing they say as gospel but nah not gonna drink that Kool-Aid

Top Bottom