• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.

I feel right now it's just the air is "tense" because of how abrupt the cancellation was.
The hype has been through the roof for Ultimate so many were waiting for new information on that, plus news on other Nintendo titles after a somewhat lackluster E3 direct.

So yeah, this has to be the longest weekend in quite some time. Can't believe it's still Saturday lol.

But I do believe that after the Direct next week the hype train will be back on rails.
Even with leaks I'm hopeful they just have something on store that no one saw coming.
But it's Nintendo, so who knows tbh heh.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
So what characters do you think have a chance right now? I'm thinking

Newcomers
-Isaac (popular on polls)
-Geno (popular on polls, sakurai wants him, most other 3rd parties have two)
-Skull Kid (popular on polls, Zelda didn't get a new character since brawl yet)
-New Mario character (Popular series, maybe Paper Mario?)
-Bandana Dee (Popular series, hasn't had a newcomer since Brawl)
-New Pokemon (Popular series)
-Isabelle (Popular series)
-Monster Hunter (Rathalos is in)
-Rex (Fresh game)
-New Namco character (Most other 3rd parties have two, maybe Heihachi or Lloyd)
-New Fire Emblem character (New game coming out and all new FE characters in Ultimate are from a now older game)

Obvious Echoes
- Ken (or Akuma maybe)
- Shadow
- Diddy
- Blood Falcon or Black Shadow
- Galacta Knight

These are no particular orders and I'm not hating on characters I left off. I left off Ray and Andy who I really want, I just think these are the biggest contenders
For me personally the likes of Bandana Dee, Isaac, Shantae, Banjo, a Rhythm Heaven rep, and a unique Zelda newcomer.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
For me personally the likes of Bandana Dee, Isaac, Shantae, Banjo, a Rhythm Heaven rep, and a unique Zelda newcomer.
Bandana Dee is my man in SSF2, I too want him in this game SO BADLY. Right now, in addition to Isaac and BD, I'm thinking B&K, an RH rep., Skull Kid, Geno, Chibi-Robo, and some REAL 3rd party wildcard (like Crash or Sora).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No one is comfortable in a state of indefinite flux, but once the Direct has a new time, the hype will be back on track.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So what characters do you think have a chance right now? I'm thinking

Newcomers
-Isaac (popular on polls)
-Geno (popular on polls, sakurai wants him, most other 3rd parties have two)
-Skull Kid (popular on polls, Zelda didn't get a new character since brawl yet)
-New Mario character (Popular series, maybe Paper Mario?)
-Bandana Dee (Popular series, hasn't had a newcomer since Brawl)
-New Pokemon (Popular series)
-Isabelle (Popular series)
-Monster Hunter (Rathalos is in)
-Rex (Fresh game)
-New Namco character (Most other 3rd parties have two, maybe Heihachi or Lloyd)
-New Fire Emblem character (New game coming out and all new FE characters in Ultimate are from a now older game)

Obvious Echoes
- Ken (or Akuma maybe)
- Shadow
- Diddy
- Blood Falcon or Black Shadow
- Galacta Knight

These are no particular orders and I'm not hating on characters I left off. I left off Ray and Andy who I really want, I just think these are the biggest contenders
I have a little bingo board I made of all the people I'm expecting or at least making educated guesses for at this point.

Speculation-Bingo-Board.png

Impa, Isabelle, Shadow, Octolings, Dixie and Ken are all Echoes who I think have a shot.
Isaac's on my two rows that I think have the best odds (Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Geno, alongside popular Echo speculations).
Banjo's there more because I've seen his demand, not because I personally think he'll happen.
Incineroar is basically a bone thrown at Verge since I do give his leaks some semblance of trust.
Decidueye is a wild card.
Rayman's there because of the Ubisoft Nintendo partnership that seems to be going on (Rabbids, Starlink, etc) while Shantae's there because I always felt she had more of a shot than Shovel Knight.
Paper Mario's my shot in the dark because we need to complete the meme of three Marios.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I have a little bingo board I made of all the people I'm expecting or at least making educated guesses for at this point.

View attachment 162681

Impa, Isabelle, Shadow, Octolings, Dixie and Ken are all Echoes who I think have a shot.
Isaac's on my two rows that I think have the best odds (Skull Kid, Bandana Dee and Geno, alongside popular Echo speculations).
Banjo's there more because I've seen his demand, not because I personally think he'll happen.
Incineroar is basically a bone thrown at Verge since I do give his leaks some semblance of trust.
Rayman's there because of the Ubisoft Nintendo partnership that seems to be going on (Rabbids, Starlink, etc) while Shantae's there because I always felt she had more of a shot than Shovel Knight.
Paper Mario's my shot in the dark because we need to complete the meme of three Marios.
Yeah, your two Isaac rows very well could happen (maybe even a double BINGO). Your second column too doesn't seem too Farfetch'd, though had someone swapped with Paper Mario, it'd be a little stronger.

Great, now I want to make a Bingo card...

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

View attachment 162681

My only concern with this card is Rayman, due to Brawlhalla, but aside form that it seems pretty reasonable.

Now I too want to make a Bingo card.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Shin's idea is cool but that'd make Isaac very predictable. You'd have to "waste" a forward smash to have an upsmash ready and vice-versa.
I'd rather have Flint as forward smash, Bane as up smash, Ground as down smash (maybe with burying properties).
And for Felix, Echo as forward (hits twice but less damage per hit), Petra for down and maybe Steel for up ?

Also totally unrelated but did you guy see this fanart ? I love when even a fake leak gives birth to cool stuff like this:

Jesus of nazareth that is amazing. I def and updating my cosplay to this look. Oh man, I know deep deep down I will be a little sad that this won't be isaac final look.

Anyway,
If GS was remade, you want 3d models or 2d sprites again?

I would love 2d sprites, however, I think 3d will be easier. In addtion to all the weps having their own look like in DD I would love for headgear to show on the character

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
More like Tuesday, where we had no idea when the Direct would be and were on the edge of our collective seat
But it's even worse because now we know it's definitely coming next week and if it's not on Monday we'll have this huge decision to make to either see the Famitsu leaks or avoid the internet as much as possible until the Direct happens.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I dunno why but this made me think of Billybae10K Billybae10K for some reason...
Edit: Word missing.
Good god, I needed that in my life.

My only concern with this card is Rayman, due to Brawlhalla, but aside form that it seems pretty reasonable.

Now I too want to make a Bingo card.
Does Brawlhalla really kill Rayman's chances? Ubisoft bought the company creating the game, it makes sense they'd add Rayman to the game to celebrate the purchase.

Ryu can be in Marvel VS Capcom and Smash at the same time, Rayman shouldn't be any different.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Does Brawlhalla really kill Rayman's chances? Ubisoft bought the company creating the game, it makes sense they'd add Rayman to the game to celebrate the purchase.
We already discussed this topic, its best not to go back to it. Short answer, no. His chances aren't any less likely now than they were before.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Let's stop talking about other fighters, because we can't agree on anything in here other than Isaac.

Isaac is our common goal, let's stick to that goal.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
How is he any more controversial than Isaac?

I mean this thread can't seem to agree whether they like Felix or not.

I picked Isaac to be the main primary goal because this is the isaac thread. Because he's seen as the face of Golden Sun the same way Simon is seen as the face of Castlevania.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
But it's even worse because now we know it's definitely coming next week and if it's not on Monday we'll have this huge decision to make to either see the Famitsu leaks or avoid the internet as much as possible until the Direct happens.
Crossing my fingers hoping direct starts by Monday, if not, I think we should avoid leaks for awhile.
I don't want any leaks ruining our excitement, plus also the reaction.

D

Deleted member

By now, especially on a slow weekend, you'd think people would be providing evidence as to why that image we saw a few pages back was fake. The internet moves that fast, usually.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Inspired by the earlier bingo sheet, I went ahead and made a bad one myself. Since I don't have editing software or skill, I decided to make a janky one in MS Paint with random Google Image Search pictures for everyone. Enjoy the pixelated pictures of your favorite characters looking a little different. Ta da:

BAD BINGO.png

I feel like the two crosses by the free space aren't impossible, with the vertical one being especially possible. The top row is my dream row, unlikely as it is, while my second from the bottom row is my "Bad Future" row with characters that I wouldn't be mad if they made it in, but would prefer other options (Sora > Geno, Decidueye > Incineroar, Tails > Shadow, Dixie > Funky, Square Enix rep > Rayman).

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I mean this thread can't seem to agree whether they like Felix or not.

I picked Isaac to be the main primary goal because this is the isaac thread. Because he's seen as the face of Golden Sun the same way Simon is seen as the face of Castlevania.
I would not mind a Felix echo but, yeah in my opinion: Isaac > Felix

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I would not mind a Felix echo but, yeah in my opinion: Isaac > Felix
See? Just like i said.

Isaac is what unites together as a group. Look at what we've manged to accomplish in just a matter of months? It's pretty amazing. So let's keep this unison up until Isaac's finally revealed.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
See? Just like i said.

Isaac is what unites together as a group. Look at what we've manged to accomplish in just a matter of months? It's pretty amazing. So let's keep this unison up until Isaac's finally revealed.
Isaac or die trying

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
By now, especially on a slow weekend, you'd think people would be providing evidence as to why that image we saw a few pages back was fake. The internet moves that fast, usually.
I kind of wished it was zoomed out a bit more or showed Isaac in some form so that there could have been some form of discussion on it to pass the time. Otherwise the only other thing on it of note is the tagline and whether it's something that Sakurai would use, and how that would play into a possible reveal. I give it props for being something different, and anything beats, 'Lights the lighthouse!'.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Inspired by the earlier bingo sheet, I went ahead and made a bad one myself. Since I don't have editing software or skill, I decided to make a janky one in MS Paint with random Google Image Search pictures for everyone. Enjoy the pixelated pictures of your favorite characters looking a little different. Ta da:

View attachment 162708

I feel like the two crosses by the free space aren't impossible, with the vertical one being especially possible. The top row is my dream row, unlikely as it is, while my second from the bottom row is my "Bad Future" row with characters that I wouldn't be mad if they made it in, but would prefer other options (Sora > Geno, Decidueye > Incineroar, Tails > Shadow, Dixie > Funky, Square Enix rep > Rayman).
Your picture choices lol

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Your picture choices lol
Thanks. I was originally going to do "Bad Fanart" versions of all of them, but then I couldn't find any of Rex or Pyra and felt bad calling ones that weren't stellar, but were solid attempts, "bad." I then just decided to go with unusual and quirky for most of them.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I gotta admit I'm scared that this direct doesn't have smash info in it. If it does I'm also scared it's a wildcard character like Dante or Excite Bike

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

View attachment 162681

Imma just take this and play bingo as well (though imma replace Paper Mario with Metal Mario cuz why not)

also i love your youtube content, keep up the good work ^_^

My signature has my actual wishlist, but at the moment, i only think Isaac, Geno Shadow and Shantae have an actual chance out of the characters on it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom