• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
That's what I mean, but since he is on Gamefaqs he may be just being silent about it so haters don't attack him.
Let’s hope so. I don’t know if I feel more or less optimistic as Isaac appears on more “leaks”.

D

Deleted member

Until I'm proved otherwise, Isaac is going to be in this game. If King K. Rool can destroy the "relevancy" argument, I don't why Isaac shouldn't also join up.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I keep coming back to is that ballot. All of the leaking aside, it's really Isaac's one strength when it comes to playable character possibility. I know many of us here will refuse to even believe that because we're Isaac pessimists, but you can't deny straight facts. He does consistently well in polling. Surprisingly well. So much so, that every youtuber I watch that analyzes a slew of characters and mentions the ballot, yet refuses to acknowledge Isaac in it makes them look as if they have a giant hole in their head.

I know we want to seriously doubt it and scrutinize it and disbelieve it because that's the general trend of our fanbase. Basically don't believe it until a direct tells us. And in the case of some of us, don't believe it until we buy a copy of the game ourselves, go to the CSS, select Isaac and actually play as him. The ballot is the only shining beacon that splits all of this for me. Even though we're quiet, we do support when push comes to shove... quietly.

I have no doubts that he's up there. He's right behind K. Rool's butt and scores often above Banjo, Geno and BWD. When he's right there nestled in what I can guarantee a top ten (and what I personally think is a top five) what reason would Sakurai have for passing over him? It better be a good one. I think even the most pessimistic of you will agree he doesn't slip out of a top fifteen. That being the case, he would have certainly been an AT. Why delay showing his AT this much?

I don't know guys, I'll quietly but optimistically wait for the good news this time.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Keep that up and I am sure someone out there will make a mod for Snake as an Echo xD

Edit: This makes me wonder why Vergeben was making a statement about how Golden Sun is very important to Nintendo's history and than links Casp's Review on Golden Sun. Do you think he is just hinting that Isaac is possible, or is it something else?
I think he's just trying to say that Isaac is a real possibility, and that GameFAQs users are wrong to discount him just because they hate him personally. Who knows, he might have heard rumors of Isaac but just hasn't spoken up on it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
It's funny when people forget that, although he's the most credible leaker out there, Vergeben has only leaked a few characters which have been confirmed (not counting the 4 he's stated so far), but never leaked K. Rool, Richter, and I believe Chrom and Dark Samus too.

If you all are worried about the 4 he's stated so far, don't be. This just tells me that that's all he knows at the moment and trusts that his sources say these 4 are in. Isaac and others could be coming too, just Verg has no trustworthy source on any other characters at the moment.

Regardless, until we see the next Direct with Smash news, all of what Vergeben says should always be taken with a grain of salt. Don't lose hope my fellow adepts! Keep rooting for Isaac!
Perhaps this is me getting a little too hopeful, but Vergeben recently defended Isaac and Isaac fans on Gamefaqs. He hasn’t really said much outside of leaking information, and so to me this means either he’s a Golden Sun fan, or he has a source that says Isaac is in and he just isn’t confident enough about his source to outright say it.

That’s about as “tinfoil-hatty” as I want to get, though.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Less than 100 days until the game right? How're you faring?
Eh I am doing okay, some days I feel comfortable with Isaac some days I am not. I can't wait to play with Roy and Ivysaur and try out spirits if Isaac aint in but man, it would be my dream to play as him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That is some serious eye candy. There is plenty of room for a certain blonde-haired golden boy and a blonde-haired twirling Kong in that empty space.
Optimistically you can say that; however, we must remember what Sakurai told us in the E3 Direct, and that is "Don't expect as many newcomers this time". I would say that, at the very least, he is saying don't expect as many as SSB4. And we really don't know exactly how many less than SSB4 it will be. Only time will tell. Revealing two original moveset newcomers in the Smash Direct earlier this month could point toward more rather than less, but we could also go a long amount of time here with no news.

The fact that we have leakers with credibility that still aren't saying Isaac at this point, but have a list of other characters is extremely concerning, I'm not going to lie. Sure there could be characters they don't know about... BUT there are only so many left.

Last edited:

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
My work schedule allows for a lot of free time, of which I’m spending way too much of it waiting to see Isaac confirmed. It’s honestly driving me insane.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So... you alredy got the "THIS IS THE CHARACTER I WANT TO MAIN" in Ultimate? I didn't the closest I saw was Richter that was like "This dude is cool"... its not like Smash 4 Robin that I said "Man this guy/gal is my MAIN FOR SURE"... I think only Isaac could give me this awaken again

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I keep coming back to is that ballot. All of the leaking aside, it's really Isaac's one strength when it comes to playable character possibility. I know many of us here will refuse to even believe that because we're Isaac pessimists, but you can't deny straight facts. He does consistently well in polling. Surprisingly well. So much so, that every youtuber I watch that analyzes a slew of characters and mentions the ballot, yet refuses to acknowledge Isaac in it makes them look as if they have a giant hole in their head.

I know we want to seriously doubt it and scrutinize it and disbelieve it because that's the general trend of our fanbase. Basically don't believe it until a direct tells us. And in the case of some of us, don't believe it until we buy a copy of the game ourselves, go to the CSS, select Isaac and actually play as him. The ballot is the only shining beacon that splits all of this for me. Even though we're quiet, we do support when push comes to shove... quietly.

I have no doubts that he's up there. He's right behind K. Rool's butt and scores often above Banjo, Geno and BWD. When he's right there nestled in what I can guarantee a top ten (and what I personally think is a top five) what reason would Sakurai have for passing over him? It better be a good one. I think even the most pessimistic of you will agree he doesn't slip out of a top fifteen. That being the case, he would have certainly been an AT. Why delay showing his AT this much?

I don't know guys, I'll quietly but optimistically wait for the good news this time.
Those were my thoughts exactly. If Isaac was an assist trophy surely Sakurai would have shown him already. Also Isaac is a consistently high ranking character on many polls. People acknowledge that he his a very popular ballot pick and, then say they think he has no chance. That logic doesn't make sense.

I do want to point out to other people that Sakurai has shown off many new and returning assist trophies. There are currently 40 out of the "over 50" assists that we can expect. When Sakurai does have another assist trophy section in a direct it will probably be mainly returning assists. I highly doubt our boy will be there. Maybe a different GS assist will take his place?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm always skeptical of "hint leaks" like those, especially on places like 4chan or GameFAQs. Also, that seems like way too many new characters, since I doubt many of those could be echoes honestly.
ALso crash was in there.

Yeah. I seriously doubt that Crash was one of the characters thought of when typing characters on the ballot.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Would Camelot still have to be credited in Smash if Isaac is playable? I know Nintendo owns the Golden Sun IP 100%, but I'm wondering if the lack of a Camelot copyright at the end like all the other companies is a red flag. Someone correct me?

Cassi

Smash Rookie
I have been thinking. How would you guys react if Isaac was to be given different moves from multiple kinds of synergy? Would this bother you or no?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Would Camelot still have to be credited in Smash if Isaac is playable? I know Nintendo owns the Golden Sun IP 100%, but I'm wondering if the lack of a Camelot copyright at the end like all the other companies is a red flag. Someone correct me?
At the end of the Directs and the webpages? No, I don't think that means anything honestly.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yes, GS is a Camelot IP it's there character. Camelot was already show getting credited in the e3 trailer.

cybersai

Smash Ace
That's interesting because besides those 2-3 Golden Sun songs from Smash U that may return, there's no other reason for them to be copyright unless Isaac is coming.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So... you alredy got the "THIS IS THE CHARACTER I WANT TO MAIN" in Ultimate? I didn't the closest I saw was Richter that was like "This dude is cool"... its not like Smash 4 Robin that I said "Man this guy/gal is my MAIN FOR SURE"... I think only Isaac could give me this awaken again
You know it just would be the right kind of irony to get Isaac and not liking how he plays. Of course you don't wait ages for a character to be in Smash just to go, 'Welp, you don't fit my playstyle, bye!' I'd have to be some kind of crazy lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's interesting because besides those 2-3 Golden Sun songs from Smash U that may return, there's no other reason for them to be copyright unless Isaac is coming.
Waluigi. Camelot was in 3DS/Wii U as well because of Waluigi.

Technically, Nintendo owns the characters, but Sakurai still lists Camelot anyway.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I have been thinking. How would you guys react if Isaac was to be given different moves from multiple kinds of synergy? Would this bother you or no?
I would actually be okay with this. It doesn't exactly fit him as a character, but its a similar situation to Lucas where he uses PSI moves in smash that he doesn't actually use in mother 3. So if the different psynergies added to Isaac's moveset make him a better character overall (in terms of combo potential and 'flashyness') then I don't mind at all.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know it just would be the right kind of irony to get Isaac and not liking how he plays. Of course you don't wait ages for a character to be in Smash just to go, 'Welp, you don't fit my playstyle, bye!' I'd have to be some kind of crazy lol.
Literally how I felt about Mega Man. He was my most wanted for 4, and I was so excited to seeing him in, but I could not get used to his playstyle for the life of me.

Thankfully, I was able make myself main my favorite Mario character (Yoshi) back in 64.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I still associate a lot of different types of psynergy moves with Isaac despite those spells not being from Venus classes. Sakurai could pull a lot of moves from Isaac's different class types to make him a more versatile fighter than just a straight Venus adept. However, I think Sakurai might want to make Isaac use Venus psynergy mainly, just because there's never been a character that specializes in Earth magic before. I think he'd enjoy that variety honestly.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Yes, GS is a Camelot IP it's there character. Camelot was already show getting credited in the e3 trailer.
Correct, but I believe that was because they did a small mention of Mario Tennis Aces on the direct.

That said, I don't think the lack of the company at the credits is any sort of flag.
Really doubt they would spoil characters like that.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Correct, but I believe that was because they did a small mention of Mario Tennis Aces on the direct.

That said, I don't think the lack of the company at the credits is any sort of flag.
Really doubt they would spoil characters like that.
I mean, Camelot was credited in smash 4. So I don't think it means much.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
To me it seems like the website only credits the companies that have playable characters in them. For example that's why you don't see Yacht Club Games there even with Shovel Knight as an AT. Similarly, Waluigi is an AT so Camelot won't be credited there unless/until Isaac becomes playable.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I would say, so long as Isaac can access it via a combination of Djinni, it can work.

Like Blast, Briar, Punji. Cutting Edge, Shuriken, Typhoon, Growth, Bolt, Rockfall, Planet Diver (and their other power levels) could all be possible psynergies beyond the norm, and that's not even listing them all.

If we were just going with straight up Knight pure Venus:
Up+B: Gaia
Side+B: Ragnarok
Down+B: Spire
B: Quake

Along with stuff like equippable psynergies and stuff like cure, retreat, move.

Now if Isaac ended up with like Whirlwind, Eruption, Frost Prism, etc. that'd be weird.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
so... Vergeben alredy said "No" for the imagem leak... but that was a cool leak, many time was wasted making that and just to show us some loved characters

DogManStar

Smash Ace
so... Vergeben alredy said "No" for the imagem leak... but that was a cool leak, many time was wasted making that and just to show us some loved characters
I think some people just enjoy making fake leaks to get a rise out of the fans. Maybe it is a waste of time, but I don't think they care for whatever reason.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
3 months left guys… 3 months to announce whatever is left… will they do it in multiple separate trailers, or 1-2 big directs only?… who knows...I would like them to spread the newcomer reveals separatedly so the wait could be easier to handle lol

Top Bottom