• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
The game hasn't gone gold yet, so a typo with Agnes' accent may be possible if it's an old build, especially with all those typos that were running rampant on the Smash website like "Olimer".

But that still leaves the questionable detailing on the renders.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Isaac sword just goes into his cloths, the sword does not have a base.

Still would love the full art of the fake render. I like the look Isaac has. It's like a GS2.5 look. After GS2 and before GS3
It could actually be the hilt and not his clothes. But in that case, why not make the hit a different color especially since it would better match the source material.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but the incorrect accent mark on Agnes' name I think is evidence enough on it being 100% fake, or at least 99.9%.
It seams to be based on an European version. Chorus kids icon is "RP" that stands for Rhythm Paradise, the european name of the franchise. Agnes is spelled Agnès in french but the odd thing is that they used the wrong accent, "é" instead of "è".

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, even if it's fake, it is an interesting take on Isaac. Like someone actually went through the trouble to really give Isaac a unique redesign.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It seams to be based on an European version. Chorus kids icon is "RP" that stands for Rhythm Paradise, the european name of the franchise. Agnes is spelled Agnès in french but the odd thing is is they used the wrong accent, "é" instead of "è".
So this would supposedly be from Nintendo of Europe.

Or UK.

Idk. I just don't think this is believable.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Well, even if it's fake, it is an interesting take on Isaac. Like someone actually went through the trouble to really give Isaac a unique redesign.
Yeah, definitely. If this ends up being fake, I really hope they'll upload the full render somewhere. I really like how they incorporated both young and adult Isaac.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Found this on the 4chan thread, pretty damning his sword has no hilt or handle. Safe to say it's probably a fake.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Your avatar is literally a character design that only exists because of Sakurai. It is not out of the question at all that he would take creative liberties with an old character.
Is that not what they literally did with Ridley and K. Rool? Made a new design using various aspects of previous designs as well as adding some new touches?

I do not believe this leak, mostly for the reason I mentioned above, but I don't think that's a good argument.
It's a mix of the OG design with his Dark Dawn coat incorporated. The armor on the shoulders are in the same position. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...DDIsaac.png/revision/latest?cb=20101018184941
1535654605803.png

I don't think you guys are following me.

Isaac here is using the design of another character altogether. Sure, it's a character whose role and design is analogous to him, but a different character nonetheless.

Roy, Ridley, K. Rool all use elements from their own designs. They can get away with a 'merged' look because they have had multiple designs across their own series.

Isaac has no need for a reimagining because his design hasn't been altered between games (aside form his adult form in Dark Dawn, which is too much of a drastic change to base his design on, honestly) and he has yet to be established as a character in Smash like Roy has. Plus, merging Isaac's and Matthew's designs diminish each other's individuality, and make them seem that much more interchangeable.

Not that it matters, since the render is too amateurish to be legitimate, anyway.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I wanted this leak to live long enough to Billybo10k make a video about... well now is wait for the next leak

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
you know, if this is fake, all this discussion about it while running about like headless chickens is what the leaker wants.

So let's not do that.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Problem with the RH series symbol is that the series has a different name in every region (Rhythm Heaven in America, Rhythm Paradise in Europe, and Rhythm Tengoku in Japan). Unless they decided that they didn't mind making three different symbols, that's an odd choice.

Also:

Untitled.png

Her hair doesn't cleanly cut off from her render to Wario's background, like it's been shopped. I'm pretty sure the long strand of hair by her eye also extends right into Wario's render as well.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I actually like the direction of this render quite a bit, but I'm leaning towards it being fake. Besides some of the oddities with accents and the hilt and what not, I keep on thinking the swords looks suspiciously like the Master Sword.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I mean even if this was somehow real, it would take some time to get used to isaac's design...but I guess I like it

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I mean even if this was somehow real, it would take some time to get used to isaac's design...but I guess I like it
Isaac design is based off of a mix of dark dawn and his og look. I think it's pretty cool . The coat over his armor. I would like to see the full fake render.

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Problem with the RH series symbol is that the series has a different name in every region (Rhythm Heaven in America, Rhythm Paradise in Europe, and Rhythm Tengoku in Japan). Unless they decided that they didn't mind making three different symbols, that's an odd choice.

Also:

View attachment 160657

Her hair doesn't cleanly cut off from her render to Wario's background, like it's been shopped. I'm pretty sure the long strand of hair by her eye also extends right into Wario's render as well.
Remember when everyone thought game and watch clips into wario?

I believe this leak is real

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
you know, if this is fake, all this discussion about it while running about like headless chickens is what the leaker wants.

So let's not do that.
Why not ? It may not be pro but you can tell the guy spent quite a lot of time and effort making this and this is something I respect. Theres nothing wrong with willing to make people dream and speculate a bit I think, that's part of the game.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
For me, I'm just happy to see some love for Isaac and Agnes! everybody seems to have forgoten her and she appears like that in a very polemic leak... man I'm sure that she will appear in many fake leaks for now on!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
HAPPENING ??? My hearts beatin', fellas. Is it finally Isaac's time to shine?!
View attachment 160643
View attachment 160642
Has somebody cast a spell over people that's making them believe that these renders are in any way shape or form professional? Can you really look at that Agnes render and tell me with a straight face that it looks legit?

I mean look at them. (not saying they're bad but they're clearly not to the same standard as the official renders)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
For me, I'm just happy to see some love for Isaac and Agnes! everybody seems to have forgoten her and she appears like that in a very polemic leak... man I'm sure that she will appear in many fake leaks for now on!
I'm pretty sure she'll gain a boost in popularity after this.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Has somebody cast a spell over people that's making them believe that these renders are in any way shape or form professional? Can you really look at that Agnes render and tell me with a straight face that it looks legit?

I mean look at them. (not saying they're bad but they're clearly not to the same standard as the official renders)
This. This so much.

In addition, Artsy Omni has already shown us that no matter how good a render may look, it won't guarantee a leak to be real.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't think you guys are following me.

Isaac here is using the design of another character altogether. Sure, it's a character whose role and design is analogous to him, but a different character nonetheless.

Roy, Ridley, K. Rool all use elements from their own designs. They can get away with a 'merged' look because they have had multiple designs across their own series.

Isaac has no need for a reimagining because his design hasn't been altered between games (aside form his adult form in Dark Dawn, which is too much of a drastic change to base his design on, honestly) and he has yet to be established as a character in Smash like Roy has. Plus, merging Isaac's and Matthew's designs diminish each other's individuality, and make them seem that much more interchangeable.

Not that it matters, since the render is too amateurish to be legitimate, anyway.
There's much more damning evidence than the fact that his design is inspired from other models. The shoulder pads and belt across the chest exists in Adult Isaac. Are you saying the whole design is Matthew because you can see his red under his shirt?

Attachments

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
View attachment 160660

Found the hilt

Does not explain the sword going into the cloths
The only explanation I could think of is if the sheath is at his waist on his right side. But obviously that doesn't match with Isaacs design at all, since his sheath is supposed to be on his back

Edit: it would also seem super awkward for the sheath to be on the right while he's holding the sword in his right hand as well...

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I actually dig the design/render of Isaac there as well. Unfortunately Agnes still looks kinda derpy and off to me.

Eh, I'm more on the doubtful side here for reasons people have mentioned, but at the least this is one of the better fake leaks we've had, assuming it is fake.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isaac has the same face as Link? Holy crap those psyenergy vortexes take people to Hyrule!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

This whole ordeal has taught me that the Smash fandom is desperate to be hurt again.

You literally have a professional artist who spends most of his time making digital renders like these, telling you they're fake as ****, and people just go "BUT MUH PHOTOSHOPPED LITTLE MAC".

And then the same people who had to explain to people in Smash 4 that Shulk *wasn't* a photoshopped Mac are now telling people that Agnes *is* a photoshopped Palutena.

It's almost like people should listen to them.

Yea well do you remember the Shulk is a photoshoped little mac ?
No one credible thought that. Just the same people who are now desperate to believe *this* is real.

Another thing people forget, is we had people like vannrose backing up the characters *in* the ESRB leak in real time. And attempting to debunk the moronic idea that Shulk was Mac. That same person is now telling people *this* one is fake. Doesn't that seem important to you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom