• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Some more thoughts on this...

Personally I'm not expecting the amount of echoes to end up outnumbering the amount of unique characters. I could see them being equal to the amount of uniques but not outnumbering.

Think about it, at E3 we got 2 unique characters and 1 echo. I also don't think it's a coincidence that we're currently at 4 uniques and 4 echoes.

So if we really are getting 9 more characters (and really you could give or take a character, it could be 8 or 10 since I doubt this is a super accurate way of predicting how many characters we're getting) then I would expect the ratio to be either 6 unique to 3 echo OR 5 unique to 4 echo.

Wasn't there an interview with Sakurai stating that echoes weren't as easy to create as people made them out to be? I could have sworn I saw someone talking about that. If that's true then I don't think there's necessarily going to be as much of a flood of echoes as people are expecting.
Yeah he said that in his most recent Famitsu interview. It's pretty contradictory with what he's said in the past though.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Some more thoughts on this...

Personally I'm not expecting the amount of echoes to end up outnumbering the amount of unique characters. I could see them being equal to the amount of uniques but not outnumbering.

Think about it, at E3 we got 2 unique characters and 1 echo. I also don't think it's a coincidence that we're currently at 4 uniques and 4 echoes.

So if we really are getting 9 more characters (and really you could give or take a character, it could be 8 or 10 since I doubt this is a super accurate way of predicting how many characters we're getting) then I would expect the ratio to be either 6 unique to 3 echo OR 5 unique to 4 echo.

Wasn't there an interview with Sakurai stating that echoes weren't as easy to create as people made them out to be? I could have sworn I saw someone talking about that. If that's true then I don't think there's necessarily going to be as much of a flood of echoes as people are expecting.
Do you mean this interview?

"Echo fighters aren’t simple reskins. First, we give them their own taunts and victory animations. Then, we adjust their abilities and parameters as necessary. Many people also overlook the artwork. Each piece features a given character in their standing pose, and each one undergoes a slew of tiny revisions–but it doesn’t end there. We then have to create a total of eight palette swaps for those artworks. I don’t think there are many other games that feature artwork that changes colors like that."

5 uniques to 4 echoes sounds right. I don't think echoes would outnumber uniques either. They're padding to an extent, but it's hard to believe Sakurai would go wild with them simply because he can. There's still a selective process behind it, and this interview proves that. I imagine popularity is also what fuels these echoes. I wonder if he also fears it would be seen as lazy to have the clones outnumber uniques.

If it were 5 and 4, that would pretty well cover nearly all the big speculative names (Geno, Isaac, Dee, Pokemon, Skull Kid | Isabelle, Shadow, Ken, Dixie), but I know it's dangerous thinking to feel like it "fits perfectly".

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Assuming that we're getting 9 characters, 5 unique and 4 echo is a fair guess. But like, who knows if we're actually getting that many more uniques, you know? I'm already very satisfied with our current roster but if 5 characters with new movesets are added then that would blow my mind

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well, looks like we're back to the never ending flood of fake leaks that will only escalate until the next reveal. How much you want to bet Isaac will be in the same spot K. Rool was just a few months ago?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Assuming that we're getting 9 characters, 5 unique and 4 echo is a fair guess. But like, who knows if we're actually getting that many more uniques, you know? I'm already very satisfied with our current roster but if 5 characters with new movesets are added then that would blow my mind
I mean, they are using Smash 4 as a basis, which means a lot of Dev time has been greatly reduced, which in turn have time to make new characters and modes. But how much time was reduced, we don't know. I have a feeling that Sakurai's statement of not expecting too many fighters is a way to keep our expectations low, but then Sakurai will over deliver on that. But who knows?

Eagle

Smash Lord
HAPPENING ??? My hearts beatin', fellas. Is it finally Isaac's time to shine?!
1535652665867.png

1535652171417.png

Last edited:

beano199

Banned via Warnings
Can confirm Isaac is not a new character however to my knowledge he is being developed as a post-launch downloadable fighter

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I didn't actually think we'd get an update on this, but what do ya know? I'll try to temper my expectations for now, but WOW that Isaac design! It looks like it took some influence from Dark Dawn.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a minority opinion, but with a few exceptions those renders don't look that bad, honestly.

However, something I haven't seen anyone mentioned, I think the biggest mark against this leak is that the accent in Agnes' name is the wrong one.

https://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Agnès_Oblige

But in the render it uses É

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's both, you can see the big yellow circle. I'm convinced. I know I shouldn't be. But I am.
matthewpalm.png

No, you dolt. It means whoever made the render used the wrong damn character to base it on, assumed it was a redesign of Isaac, and tried to incorporate bits and pieces of the old design to mimic what they did with Roy and Ridley (as well as stuff that wasn't even there before, like the shoulder pad), even thought Isaac has no need for a redesign of this level.

As for the render itself? Looks no better than those old ass fake Brawl renders people used to make back then. Everything looks painted on, especially the scarf, which doesn't even look textured.

Don't get your hopes up for this, guys. It's fake.

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
View attachment 160645

No, you dolt. It means whoever made the render used the wrong damn character to base it on, assumed it was a redesign of Isaac, and tried to incorporate bits and pieces of the old design to mimic what they did with Roy and Ridley (as well as stuff that wasn't even there before, like the shoulder pad), even thought Isaac has no need for a redesign of this level.

As for the render itself? Looks no better than those old *** fake Brawl renders people used to make back then. Everything looks painted on, especially the scarf, which doesn't even look textured.

Don't get your hopes up for this, guys. It's fake.
Your avatar is literally a character design that only exists because of Sakurai. It is not out of the question at all that he would take creative liberties with an old character.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
No, you dolt. It means whoever made the render used the wrong damn character to base it on, assumed it was a redesign of Isaac, and tried to incorporate bits and pieces of the old design (as well as stuff that wasn't even there before, like the shoulder pad).
Is that not what they literally did with Ridley and K. Rool? Made a new design using various aspects of previous designs as well as adding some new touches?

I do not believe this leak, mostly for the reason I mentioned above, but I don't think that's a good argument.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
It's a mix of the OG design with his Dark Dawn coat incorporated. The armor on the shoulders are in the same position. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...DDIsaac.png/revision/latest?cb=20101018184941

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the leak quality is very questionable. The choice of characters seems interesting to me anyways, aside from Isaac, I think it would be a solid and hype worthy roster. I agree with that 9 characters seem completely plausible, people normally use Sakurai's words of "hope you are not expecting too many newcomers" but I think that is very vague, what does "too many" actually mean? If we get 9 more we would be 9 + 8 characters we have gotten so far = 17 characters which is definitely less than we got last time around, it is even less than we got in Brawl. And if we count only uniques we would be around 9 unique newcomers which is even less that what we got back in Melee.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Guys,
I know we all want Isaac but these renders are fake.

It's not like it's 3ds gfx. Isaac, Ken and Shadow all look like they are painted.
In addtion, the ERSB leaks had videos.

It's 100% fake. Someone just drew the stuff up and had a fun time.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Exactly
It's just gone
Yeah, not only that, but the sheathe isn't there either.

Everything about this picture seems sketchy.

Also, i looked up agnes, and i realized that the yes of palutena do NOT look good on her.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I don't agree, but I don't disagree either. We're just going to have to wait.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I dont think we can 100% prove this is fake.

This case reminds me alot of Shulk / Little Mac.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't agree, but I don't disagree either. We're just going to have to wait.

Isaac sword just goes into his cloths, the sword does not have a base.

Still would love the full art of the fake render. I like the look Isaac has. It's like a GS2.5 look. After GS2 and before GS3

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but the incorrect accent mark on Agnes' name I think is evidence enough on it being 100% fake, or at least 99.9%.

Last edited:
Top Bottom