• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Rayman is from which company? I would like him in smash but third party is a little harder
Ubisoft. The main reason people think its possible is because he had a trophy last time. Rayman has also had a game on every Nintendo console since the N64/GBC.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
They'll make Rayman an Assist Trophy so they don't have to make an amiibo for him. :D
I wish that wasn't the case, but the more i think about it, the more i believe it would be expensive to reproduce. (amiibo are really cheap.)

So until amiibo's have the ability to defy physics, i'm not sure Rayman has a chance.

(i honestly wish amiibo werent a thing. but whatever.)

If you want an example of an official rayman statue. here.

download.jpg

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Rayman is from which company? I would like him in smash but third party is a little harder
Ubisoft. The same company that worked on the Mario & Rabbids crossover.

I think it's fair to say Nintendo and Ubisoft are getting on well these days. I think Rayman could get in as dlc.

Edit: Maybe this would seem like a weird decision but....what's stopping them creating an Amiibo card for Rayman instead of a figurine? I don't think Amiibos are a good enough reason to stop him being playable.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
So many characters left that deserve a spot, it's heart wrenching.

Rayman's universe could bring very cool looking stages.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Edit: Maybe this would seem like a weird decision but....what's stopping them creating an Amiibo card for Rayman instead of a figurine? I don't think Amiibos are a good enough reason to stop him being playable.
Because every fighter gets both an amiibo card, and a figurine....

God, will nintendo just abandon those amiibo already?

Istry555

Smash Cadet
I don't think Rayman not easily working with an amiibo impacts his chances in any way. If going by the older Smash amiibo, they'd just support the various limbs with off-colored ugly plastic sticks.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Some of the new assists I could see happening: (due to being relatively prominent Nintendo characters or being popular on the exit poll)

Chibi Robo
Phoenix Wright
Paper Mario
Xenoblade X Character
Shantae
Snipperclips
Jibyanyan
Professor Layton (I wasn't going to include him but since he's under the same company as Jibyanyan, maybe they'll double down and get Layton too)
Wonder Red
Captain Fleming (though honestly I'm not sure if Steam did well enough to even warrant an assist trophy)
Magolor (I think a boss is more likely, but he could be an assist either or as well)
Rhythm Heaven character
*Insert obscure Nintendo character here*
Street Fighter assist (Such as Chun Li)
Final Fantasy assist (no idea who though)

I could certainly see some of these being playable, but I'm kinda leaning towards them being assist trophies right now. (or just not appearing at all, being kept for dlc)

That's not to mention if certain characters get in as playable they might get assists too. Though some series like Punch Out or Ice Climbers don't have assists so it's not a guarantee.

Geno - Mallow
Isaac - Felix/Matthew
Banjo & Kazooie - Mumbo Jumbo/Grunty
Rayman - Probably a Rabbid
I agree with that list. I’d rather have Chibi-Robo as playable, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him as an AT.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I just saw something... Rayman kinda resembles Isaac(like if you see from faaar away and don't have seem both in years) I started laughing just thinking about when Isaac got reveal people that don't know him think its Rayman with a sword

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So I had a dream about Isaac’s reveal trailer.

It starts with a shot of a large opening into what appears to be ruins (GS fans would quickly notice it’s the Venus Lighthouse entrance). We hear what sounds like an explosion and the camera quickly shifts up as we see Marth fighting a silhouetted figure (Saturos) who also wields a sword. Another silhouetted figure (Menardi) appears behind him launching a fireball but Link appears and blocks it with his shield. The smoke clears as Saturos charges with has sword ready but Shulk appears and cuts him down. Menardi grabs Saturos before Shulk strikes again and the two begin to fuse. The scene changes to a staircase as we see another silhouette of someone (Isaac) running towards a platform that begins to lift up towards an opening that leads to the top. The scene changes back to Link, Marth and Shulk who appear to be struggling now as we get our first look at the Fusion Dragon. It launches a powerful fireball prompting Marth and Shulk to move but Link appears to be too injured to move out the way and tries to block with his shield but the force pushes him over the edge. Marth and Shulk run to the edge to check but sees Link sitting on a Psynergy Hand as it lifts him back up. Link looks directly in front of him surprised as Marth and Shulk turn around as a yellow scarf flows in the wind. The Fusion Dragon looks pissed as the camera pans back to Isaac with the tag line: Isaac Lends a Hand!

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
So I had a dream about Isaac’s reveal trailer.

It starts with a shot of a large opening into what appears to be ruins (GS fans would quickly notice it’s the Venus Lighthouse entrance). We hear what sounds like an explosion and the camera quickly shifts up as we see Marth fighting a silhouetted figure (Saturos) who also wields a sword. Another silhouetted figure (Menardi) appears behind him launching a fireball but Link appears and blocks it with his shield. The smoke clears as Saturos charges with has sword ready but Shulk appears and cuts him down. Menardi grabs Saturos before Shulk strikes again and the two begin to fuse. The scene changes to a staircase as we see another silhouette of someone (Isaac) running towards a platform that begins to lift up towards an opening that leads to the top. The scene changes back to Link, Marth and Shulk who appear to be struggling now as we get our first look at the Fusion Dragon. It launches a powerful fireball prompting Marth and Shulk to move but Link appears to be too injured to move out the way and tries to block with his shield but the force pushes him over the edge. Marth and Shulk run to the edge to check but sees Link sitting on a Psynergy Hand as it lifts him back up. Link looks directly in front of him surprised as Marth and Shulk turn around as a yellow scarf flows in the wind. The Fusion Dragon looks pissed as the camera pans back to Isaac with the tag line: Isaac Lends a Hand!
Honestly I was thinking of a similar thing but instead of Lifting Link a massive sword falling from the sky crashes into the supposed Dragon.
Edit: Issac Ragnaroks the stage

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
1535125840978.png

Via 4chan

"Based on the rumours, reveals and hints these are what I believe should be the realistic expectations for the remaining newcomers on Ultimate. Not including ARMS/Xeno reps as in my opinion they'll make it as DLC."

Regarding Verg saying a second Square character, I am surprised they didn't flat out tell him it was Geno

Could you imagine if Terra got in over Geno?

As of now, I feel like Geno has the best shot to get in followed by Isaac

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think he said a second square enix rep. I think he just said one.

(Lol whoops. I read that as "Verge said there was TWO square enix characters."

It's either sora or Geno.

(It could be a another FF or a DQ character, but it was nowhere on the ballot.)

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I don't think he said a second square enix rep. I think he just said one.

(Lol whoops. I read that as "Verge said there was TWO square enix characters."

It's either sora or Geno.

(It could be a another FF or a DQ character, but it was nowhere on the ballot.)
Idk if Sora would make it. I think Geno > FF > Crono > Monster Quest > Sora

Disney owns Sora too, so that will be two things to jump through.

People really like to bring up the Isaac got no Mii outfit and no more stages on gamefaqs.

I don't understand the hate for Isaac. Was it FE that made people hate people with swords?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Don't know about you guys but I used to be completely against Sora but he's growing on me and now I'd actually like to see him in smash.
I'm pretty sure the most diffcult thing that most fans will have to deal with is the lack of any disney characters.

Cause let's be honest, licensed characters will NEVER get into smash.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Don't know about you guys but I used to be completely against Sora but he's growing on me and now I'd actually like to see him in smash.
It would be cool to see. I am not a Kingdom Hearts fan. I only played the one on the GBA but he could work as a fighter. However, I think Cloud is the only OG SE character we will get. Geno is Nintendo and SE love child

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like how more Square-Enix characters are getting attention now.

TBH, I'm against Sora... Sorry. :p

To me it's a coin flip between Dragon Quest hero, and Crono. One created the jRPG genre, the other is considered the best jRPG ever, or at least Top 3.

Sora is ... just popular. And half, or fully Disney. I never know.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I don't understand the hate for Isaac. Was it FE that made people hate people with swords?
FE cast seriously is a mess and very redundant, and I'm a FE fan saying this. Tons of missed opportunities and questionable additions.

Edit : imo a good FE cast would have been : Marth, a popular vilain like dark knight, a popular mage to represent recent games like Tharja, and a pegasus knight.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys I just saw this
1535129129321.png
its seems like the hate for swordsman afects even the pokemon : P

Maaaan this guys gonna be angry if/when Isaac be anounced, even if he sword is just for a taunt

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

To me it's a coin flip between Dragon Quest hero, and Crono. One created the jRPG genre, the other is considered the best jRPG ever, or at least Top 3.

I mean, i could see Sora working. Both Nomura and Sakurai are friends, after all.

Though i'm not sure it means much, both Suda and Sakurai are also friends, and i have some doubts on travis making it into smash.

(TLDR: While Sora isn't my most wanted character, i could see him working. )

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Frog.jpg

I will take Frog over Crono anyday

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Bisharp is one of my fav. pokemon. my first shiny i got from breeding. I also like Gallade. So give me Isaac + the mons and i am super happy

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Guys I just saw this View attachment 159514 its seems like the hate for swordsman afects even the pokemon : P

Maaaan this guys gonna be angry if/when Isaac be anounced, even if he sword is just for a taunt
It's funny because they aren't even sword wielding Pokemon, they just have blade like arms.

Now, what if instead of a sword fighter, we got an actual sword as a fighter? Honedge For smash.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
View attachment 159511
Via 4chan

"Based on the rumours, reveals and hints these are what I believe should be the realistic expectations for the remaining newcomers on Ultimate. Not including ARMS/Xeno reps as in my opinion they'll make it as DLC."

Regarding Verg saying a second Square character, I am surprised they didn't flat out tell him it was Geno

Could you imagine if Terra got in over Geno?

As of now, I feel like Geno has the best shot to get in followed by Isaac
Cut it, print it, give it to me. It's perfect. Best game ever made.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
He's fully Disney. Square has no legal claim to Sora at all. They do like to consult Nomura when they use him though but they are under no legal obligation to do so. Also Sora is more than just popular but that's whatever.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Potential trailer idea:
Villager is atop a house with a broken roof, trying to patch it. When some thatch floats in from offscreen and plugs the hole. Villager turns and starts to cheer at his helper, when he gets smashed off the roof by a Psynergy Hand, and Isaac makes his debut.

Top Bottom