• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Hey... it's seems that in fall (i'm bad at seasons so I don't know where exactly fall is) Nintendo will have a direct... maybe... just maybe... like... 1% of chance we can get Isaac in smash AND GS4 for Switch anouncement?

We can do a thing such as "Where's isaac." We can put him on a wnated poster, and spam Nintendo of America's twitter. (Sakurai doesnt deserve that spam tbh.)

View attachment 158339

Maybe it's a ****ty idea idk.
Good

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
We can do a thing such as "Where's isaac." We can put him on a wnated poster, and spam Nintendo of America's twitter. (Sakurai doesnt deserve that spam tbh.)

View attachment 158339

Maybe it's a ****ty idea idk.
I wouldn't spam it. We don't want to give them the same impression Waluigi fans gave them with their harassment before.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have a question for you guys. It might be a very familiar question, but I just want to see what people think now.

What do you believe are the reasons for Isaac's exclusion in Brawl?

Some speculators believed that Brawl was his prime time to be chosen.

Golden Sun was at franchise peak popularity with two successful games, sort of in a similar situation as Pikmin.

Isaac easily had the moveset potential to be worth implementing as a fighter.

Isaac even had notably high fan demand at the time, but Sakurai chose to implement him as Assist Trophy.

Why do you think Sakurai chose not to include Isaac in Brawl?

In-depth responses would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I have a question for you guys. It might be a very familiar question, but I just want to see what people think now.

What do you believe are the reasons for Isaac's exclusion in Brawl?

Some speculators believed that Brawl was his prime time to be chosen.

Golden Sun was at franchise peak popularity with two successful games, sort of in a similar situation as Pikmin.

Isaac easily had the moveset potential to be worth implementing as a fighter.

Isaac even had notably high fan demand at the time, but Sakurai chose to implement him as Assist Trophy.

Why do you think Sakurai chose not to include Isaac in Brawl?

In-depth responses would be appreciated.
Isaac was excluded from Brawl, I think, because there were bigger fish to fry with that game still. No Dedede yet, no Diddy, too many big choices in his way.

Brawl would have been his prime time to be chosen if the competition was less stiff at the time.

Pikmin was chosen over Isaac, I think, because it was a console franchise with ties to Nintendo’s most important players. Isaac was from a handheld series created by an affiliated party.

Isaac’s moveset potential and popularity could not have saved him at the time with all the other competition. Plus, The Lost Age had already come out a while before Brawl, so he didn’t have much relevance either. The odds were all against him during that time.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I came across this video of a guy talking about 7 characters he thinks are likely for Smash Ultimate. (and Isaac is one of them)

Thought it was interesting.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
For brawl, was bigger fish to enter before him
For Smash 4, I blame 3ds limitations, because I think is hard to put 4 Isaac's using Move at the same time while we have a AT trophy and 3 pokemon destroying the background while the Stage is doing something crazy.
If he isn't in Smash Ultimate I blame Camelot

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
For Smash 4, I blame 3ds limitations, because I think is hard to put 4 Isaac's using Move at the same time while we have a AT trophy and 3 pokemon destroying the background while the Stage is doing something crazy.
You think they cut some AT's out because of the 3DS's memory size?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post but.... I found this
1534524901194.png

Yeah.... it's seems like people hate us now, fear maybe? I don't see many people screaming for Isaac out of Smash boards like they do for the others (even Skull Kid and Geno I have seem some crazy people screaming)

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
The gamefaqs boards are full of toxicity, hate, and spite. Literally every time I go there there are fans fighting fans instead of supporting each other. It's sad and childish

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
View attachment 158348

Yeah.... it's seems like people hate us now, fear maybe? I don't see many people screaming for Isaac out of Smash boards like they do for the others (even Skull Kid and Geno I have seem some crazy people screaming)
I think that post is saying that we have been on the short end of the stick the most.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
View attachment 158348

Based on the title alone that doesn't imply to me that the poll is saying "which fanbase do you think is the worst". The title implies to me "which has it worse" in other words, "which fanbase is in the worst situation".

Wario Land fans get shafted due to Wario Land never getting any content. Golden Sun fans because Isaac's AT and even a trophy were cut, and the games have been dead for years. Advance Wars because the games have been dead for years. Toad because he's still been a major player but has had a tiny miniscule role in Smash.

Nothing about that poll at all implies people are hating on those fanbases, but that they're sympathetic to how each series has been represented in Smash.

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
You can't blame Camelot because Nintendo owns Isaac and the golden sun franchise.
View attachment 158348

They're saying who has it the worst, not who is worse.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Based on the title alone that doesn't imply to me that the poll is saying "which fanbase do you think is the worst". The title implies to me "which has it worse" in other words, "which fanbase is in the worst situation".

Wario Land fans get shafted due to Wario Land never getting any content. Golden Sun fans because Isaac's AT and even a trophy were cut, and the games have been dead for years. Advance Wars because the games have been dead for years. Toad because he's still been a major player but has had a tiny miniscule role in Smash.

Nothing about that poll at all implies people are hating on those fanbases, but that they're sympathetic to how each series has been represented in Smash.
Exactly what I was saying.

I also remembered that Custom Robo fans weren't on here.

RIP CUSTOM ROBO FANS.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
ooooh I get it now... Sorry about that, english is not my main language so sometimes I don't understand

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The gamefaqs boards are full of toxicity, hate, and spite. Literally every time I go there there are fans fighting fans instead of supporting each other. It's sad and childish
I'm kinda surprised I haven't run into anyone toxic on this website lol, I guess the mods here are just strict or something

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
There's one small thing that gives me some hope for Isaac.
I was thinking about the AT reveals in Ultimate(of the two) and in Smash 4. Unlike character reveals or item reveals which are generally always exciting, AT reveals are kind of a bummer because its deconfirm city. Compare the first E3 everyone is here trailer where they showed all the playable characters serially with how they'd serially show ATs, it's the same kind of presentation but achieve generally opposite effects. For Ultimates' first AT showing, it reminded me of Smash 4's, they instantly deconfirm Waluigi, then Lyn, then Bomberman, etc. generally characters with high or decent levels of popularity and want.

However, in the later AT reveal in the Smash Direct, they managed to actually make that section more hopeful! It sucks for Zero and Ashley fans yes, but the blow was softened with how they weren't in the middle of a fast moving montage, so at least people could process their disappointment, Zero appeared before the AT reel and Ashley after. But what of the characters that were there? Knuckles was shown again without Shadow, making Shadow fans hopeful. Kapp'n with Isabelle fans, Chef Kawasaki with Bandana Dee fans, the Moon with Skull Kid fans, Klaptrap with K Rool fans(and they got an early pay off).

So with all of that, basically the point is, I feel as well with how Sakurai is giving in to fan demand generally a lot this time around, that for ATs as well for the major players he'd deconfirm earlier or with tact, or leaving it so that fans can still be hopeful somehow even from the AT pool, causing generally less disappointed fans overall. So if Isaac truly was an AT, I feel if they are aware of his popularity, they'd have at least done so by now. The fact he isn't, gives me hope with this theory.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Why is everyone saying his twitter has been deleted. It's still there.
https://twitter.com/loz183

It seems like he only deleted that tweet, although it's still there(?). I can see the tweet, but when I try to see it's comments it says it's been deleted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
View attachment 158348

Well we're also literally the only one of those fanbases making notable noise right now. There's not even much to work with for the others...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why they cut certain AT's in Smash 4, but I definitely can say some of them, like Isaac and Helerin (the rotating wall thing from Brawl) create extra walls on the map. My theory (and this is just a theory, that these weren't brought back because the 3ds couldn't handle the creation of extra collision walls for that slight moment in the middle of gameplay.

Tinfoil hat theory I know but I have a feeling Isaac was removed from Smash 4 for the same reason Ice Climbers was removed: the 3ds could not handle quite a few assets in game.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why is everyone saying his twitter has been deleted. It's still there.
https://twitter.com/loz183

It seems like he only deleted that tweet, although it's still there(?). I can see the tweet, but when I try to see it's comments it says it's been deleted.
That link did not work an hour ago. I guarantee it. I tried it several times and it did not work.

D

Deleted member

By the way, did anyone notice that in the thirty years between The Lost Age & Dark Dawn, they discovered how to make denim?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
View attachment 158352

Remember guys, we have no reason to trust him.

To his credit I feel like hes just guessing like the rest of us. He already said that beyond the Skull Kid and November direct info he's not giving anymore info out.

People keep making it seem like he's giving us actual information when hes just being a fan of the character.

Edit: oh, I see the deleted tweet people are mentioning. Yeah Idk why he'd say that but his Twitter is still there

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well we have 40 assist trophies right now and Sakurai said there were over 50. If we can take him on his word at this (and really I don't think he'd have a reason to fudge the truth when it comes to assist trophies) then that means we'll get somewhere between 11 and 19 more assist trophies.

It's probably somewhere in the middle of those numbers so I think 13-17 is most reasonable to expect.

That's not a lot when you consider there may be some more returning assist trophies and new assist trophies. We're probably getting a couple more 3rd party guest assists like Bomberman and Rathalos too.

Not that I think every old assist trophy will return, but there are definitely a number that are still strangely absent. Isabelle, Shadow, Isaac, Barbara the Bat, Saki Amamiya, Dillon, Infantry & Tanks, Ray MK III, Chain Chomp, Kat & Ana, Lakitu & Spinies, Elec Man, Excitebikers, Nightmare, Sable Prince, Skull Kid, Magnus and Phosphora are all assist trophies I'd expect to return if they haven't been promoted to playable. (though perhaps Elec Man has been replaced by Zero? It could happen for third parties maybe)

I could see Helerin, Jill Dozer, Devil and Mr. Resetti being cut/not returning though.

I know it's not saying much since we have leaks pointing at Isabelle, but this tells me that there are more assist trophies being promoted to playable. (and perhaps some assist trophies are being removed for no apparent reason, which wouldn't that be that unusual)

Edit: Now that I think about it. Do you think it's possible the mechanic of being able to hit and KO assist trophies might result in some old assist trophies not returning? I know we have both assist trophies you can hit and some you can't, but the emphasis does seem to be on KO-able assist trophies.

So with all of that, basically the point is, I feel as well with how Sakurai is giving in to fan demand generally a lot this time around, that for ATs as well for the major players he'd deconfirm earlier or with tact, or leaving it so that fans can still be hopeful somehow even from the AT pool, causing generally less disappointed fans overall. So if Isaac truly was an AT, I feel if they are aware of his popularity, they'd have at least done so by now. The fact he isn't, gives me hope with this theory.
If that insider information on King K. Rool is to believed, they'd be well aware of who's popular. I could actually see the way they just slipped Ashely at the end of the assist trophy reel being a way to not drag it out for her fans. (then again maybe it was just a coincidence they showed her off?)

I feel like it could also be wishful thinking that they would reveal things in that way. They might not be too worried about dragging things out for fans.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Create in august 18, did he recreated is account or what?????

Also only 6 tweet.

EDIT: Is that not someone else account trying to pass for LOZ18? 6 subs??? And if is account was just recreated, why do he still have old tweet?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, it took 15 years to include Wario Land content (and not just easter eggs like the Golden Pyramid portrait and the Music Box World in the background) from a Wario Land game to be incorporated into WarioWare, where they turned a normal microgame from Inc. into a Boss minigame incorporating the Dash Attack and Wario Land III was featured in 9-Volt's section. While Shake It! came out between the debut of WarioWare Inc. and Gold, one is top priority due to its offbeat nature while the other is a relic because it's too "strange". The fact Wario even got his Dash Attack back was a miracle.

I mentioned over in the Wario discussion thread about how we're most likely getting 95% WarioWare content, which stinks because Wario Land 4 & Shake It! have such good music tracks (plus the fact "Introducing Wario Deluxe" from Gold likely isn't getting into the base game also doesn't help).

Sabrewulf, I look at Devil, Helirin, Elec Man, and Mr. Resetti not coming back at all. The Squid Sisters have taken over the "boundry change" aspect of Devil's AT, Zero is much more dynamic than Elec Man, and Helirin & Mr. Resetti don't exactly have much to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Create in august 18, did he recreated is account or what?????

Also only 6 tweet.

EDIT: Is that not someone else account trying to pass for LOZ18? 6 subs??? And if is account was just recreated, why do he still have old tweet?
No, it looks like he's deleting them all. When I had last checked there were 52 tweets listed.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
No, it looks like he's deleting them all. When I had last checked there were 52 tweets listed.
Maybe he is only deleting everything related to leaking?

He still have that one thought:
I wish I could say how I knew the E3 info and August Direct. That way you’ll understand that I can’t possibly know everything. We just know stuff here and there and we piece them together and what we have strongly implied to Skull Kid being playable BUT we haven’t seen him fight!

Not sure if it counts.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
No leaker knows the final roster.
Loz is just pulling our strings with hope

In addition!
Those who say we have the worst fanbase are
A) Those bat**** insane Ashley Fans
B) Fans of another character that they want in but Isaac seems more likely
C) Angry people

No GS fan has been acting crazy if they are they are most likely someone pretending to be a GS fan.

We are super tame

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Also, found another video.

Though, while i don't like that Saki and Ray will probably be trophies, i kinda would expect that.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Just a note about campaigning, but please don't spam anyone's @'s for more Camelot games/Isaac in Smash. Don't spam Nintendo, Camelot, or Sega.

Uh... as for Loz18, I'm glad we're all in the camp of not suddenly believing him just b/c he has Isaac.

Top Bottom