• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I know I haven't comment that much on this forum, but I just wanna say how amazing it is to see
a lot of support for Isaac. I'm glad to find other fans who appreciate the series as much as I
do. So keep up the support guys, eventually we'll get some news on the our beloved Venus adept!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Like I said before,
Coming from my friend who works at NOA "This game has been pretty under wraps"

It's very hard to leak info. We can only assume people knew when setting up for e3
Your friend works at Nintendo? That's pretty neat. I know a few who work in Nintendo from all over the place. Plenty of indies and journalists too. But I tend to keep away from insider info as it ruins the surprise. Not like they'd tell me anyway haha. They really are being tight-lipped about the Switch era. That much I do know as others have tried to pry info from them.

So I'd say most of the leaks will be fake this time around.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
https://smashboards.com/threads/news-how-fans-brought-back-k-rool.457451/
This whole post is worth reading, it's basically a summary of how the ballot effected K. Rool from the perspective of a source inside Nintendo, but I found this part particularly pertinent to our cause:

People often theorize as to why Isaac was removed in Smash 4. It has always been possible he was omitted due to unrealized grander designs, however that, to me at least, was a very optimistic take. On the flip side it's also always been possible, as perhaps evidenced by this kind of reaction, that Sakurai and co. were simply unaware he still had demand behind him so far out from his games. You hear about how Nintendo secretly keeps tabs on the popularity trends of Smash candidates, but, how true is that really? As another paragraph in that post explains, they completely missed the mark when trying to predict the ballot.

They didn't have their finger on the pulse as much as they'd lead us to believe. Or really at all, since what they lead us to believe was basically a sham of an election. Ostensibly they were wrong about Bayo being an obvious frontrunner (possibly Cloud too if he was added under similar conditions), meanwhile the character propagated by the diehard Nintendo fans catches them totally off-guard.

Hearing about this kind of stuff gives me hope. K. Rool did legitimately take the ballot by storm, and it got him included. Reading further into the post, it implies that now he'll also start recurring within other Nintendo games. DK might've been an active series, but as far as Nintendo was concerned, K. Rool was a nobody, a dead character, someone without a future in the cards turned into into a playable Smasher through sheer demand.

The parallels aren't lost on me.

For trailing close behind, at least as far as we can tell, was Isaac. We "filled out that goddamn ballot", we "made a campaign and petition and made ourselves vocally heard". We followed the exact same path, and the results showed that we made some pretty notable waves. There is hardly a single ballot-era poll out there in which, removing already included characters and no-hopers/meme characters, Isaac doesn't reside damn near towards the top. He's basically a regular of the top three. I've no doubt that K. Rool outperformed him on the ballot, but the ballot is clearly what shapes this game, and we did a helluva job promoting our boy back then.

The rest is in Nintendo's hands. However if there's any instance of Isaac's popularity proving its mettle, it was with the ballot. I'm glad it's finally kicking in, and I just hope it'll be enough.
Ugh... I think I shed a couple of tears reading this.. It's exactly how I have felt this entire time, but couldn't put it into words. I am gonna keep supporting our favourite franchise and show those anti-fans that we don't need their input to effect our results.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Idk if it's relevant but in Spanish forums like Vandal or 3djuegos Isaac(or Hans) is very popular. The most liked comments in Newcomers discussions is about him and I love it.
That is super relevant! Isaac being a demand in other parts of the world is huge!
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/97t5v4/due_to_the_hype_surrounding_isaac_right_now_i/

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edit: Looks like Loz18 has his twitter deleted, after saying that isaac would be playable.

DIDNT HE SAY HE WOULDNT LEAK INFO????
Bull****, he deleted his account for attention, Isaac is in! bam he is gone, he just wants our support.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Loz18 is an unreliable source that could just be drawing attention to himself at this point.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Your friend works at Nintendo? That's pretty neat. I know a few who work in Nintendo from all over the place. Plenty of indies and journalists too. But I tend to keep away from insider info as it ruins the surprise. Not like they'd tell me anyway haha. They really are being tight-lipped about the Switch era. That much I do know as others have tried to pry info from them.

So I'd say most of the leaks will be fake this time around.

Yeah, one left a while back who is a good friend of mine, but I have one more who is still working there. Both low-level guys but they know how things work. Talked to both of em and they said that the "everyone is here leak" was prob leaked by his friend who helped set up the event.

It just sucks for Nintendo Ambassadors that we won't get the game early in fear of leaks anymore. So I am in the same boat as you all and waiting till launch.

At this point of time, don't believe Loz
Heck, this could mean that the whole skull kid thing is fake.

Who knows?

Half of me wants to believe because of Isaac, but then I will take everything with a grain of salt.

Lucky guessing that's is all.

It's VERY hard to leak Nintendo games, look at Pokemon, that is not leaked until the games get shipped and someone rom dumps it. I don't think ANYONE has inside info

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/97t5v4/due_to_the_hype_surrounding_isaac_right_now_i/

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edit: Looks like Loz18 has his twitter deleted, after saying that isaac would be playable.

DIDNT HE SAY HE WOULDNT LEAK INFO????
Out of interest. Did he say Isaac would be playable or was it just speculation? From what I've heard he was pretty much speculating about Skull Kid so who knows if he even has access to any sources now.

I guess it doesn't matter that much with him being so unreliable now.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Out of interest. Did he say Isaac would be playable or was it just speculation? From what I've heard he was pretty much speculating about Skull Kid so who knows if he even has access to any sources now.

I guess it doesn't matter that much with him being so unreliable now.
No, he said that Isaac was indeed playable. he just needed to check his sources.

But 1. Didn't his sources get caught and that's why he's not leaking anything? and 2. DIDN'T HE SAY THAT HE RESPECTED NINTENDO'S PRIVACY???

I call bull****.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, he said that Isaac was indeed playable. he just needed to check his sources.

But 1. Didn't his sources get caught and that's why he's not leaking anything? and 2. DIDN'T HE SAY THAT HE RESPECTED NINTENDO'S PRIVACY???

I call bull****.
His sources getting caught was speculation. We don't know.

Did anyone get a screenshot?

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Yeah, one left a while back who is a good friend of mine, but I have one more who is still working there. Both low-level guys but they know how things work. Talked to both of em and they said that the "everyone is here leak" was prob leaked by his friend who helped set up the event.

It just sucks for Nintendo Ambassadors that we won't get the game early in fear of leaks anymore. So I am in the same boat as you all and waiting till launch.

At this point of time, don't believe Loz
Heck, this could mean that the whole skull kid thing is fake.

Who knows?

Half of me wants to believe because of Isaac, but then I will take everything with a grain of salt.

Lucky guessing that's is all.

It's VERY hard to leak Nintendo games, look at Pokemon, that is not leaked until the games get shipped and someone rom dumps it. I don't think ANYONE has inside info
To be honest can you blame them? The sheer amount of things leaked this year and last (or attempted to). Who's to say that one leaker actually did just leak it right? It's no wonder Nintendo are so tight lipped! They have to!

Sadly people just don't know when to shut up. They all want their spot in the light so the world looks at them. And when they get spotted for the truth, they run off.

The issue with leaks is everyone goes "Look at me I'm famous" but with no actual proof. The few times that were real turned out to be a mistake from ESRB or some other media website mistake. Look at the Mario+Rabbids or Diablo 3 leak and you'll see that it is the channels of communication that have the leaks. But rarely Nintendo themselves. Vergeben, Loz18...the rest. They have no credibility because they can't produce proof.

Sorry Verge and the others, but until you bring actual proof I consider you fake.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
aW8Rgvr.png

Looking at this chart that puts the exit polls together
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Ridley got in due to the "meme" I am going to assume.
K Rule got in with the demand of fans

Look who is above Banjo and Geno and Bandana Dee, Isaac

Worst case, Isaac will be the next K Rule and fans will demand him for DLC

But Isaac is popular amoung Nintendo and Smash fans.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Then why would he close his GameFaqs account?
There's decent evidence to suggest that his contact got caught. He said "I won't have any information until launch" on Gamefaqs and deleted his account shortly thereafter. This heavily implies that he probably lost his contact. But we don't know for sure.

The other problem is that we can't even know if the twitter Loz is the same person. He claims to be... but Loz on gamefaqs deleted his account. Then someone else pops up on twitter claiming to be loz, but we can't possibly know that either. If the Gamefaqs Loz said "I'm moving to twitter, here's my account" before leaving Gamefaqs, then we could trust it was the same person. But here we can't, unless Twitter Loz starts getting his info revealed later.

Like, I don't think Skull Kid is that likely. Just reviewing all the factors, Skull Kid doesn't make much sense to me. I'd sooner believe Tingle would be playable than Skull Kid. So if Skull Kid makes it in I'd say Loz was right, but even then, he was saying Skull Kid on Gamefaqs before he deleted his Gamefaqs account. So that also wouldn't prove to me that Gamefaqs Loz is the same person as Twitter Loz.

Isaac getting in wouldn't either because I'd been calling Isaac as fairly likely before even E3, but especially after the reveal of the project plan which is when most everyone else started jumping on board.

Ultimately, I don't think there's any way to verify that Twitter Loz is the same person and Gamefaqs Loz, and we should assume they're not the same person.

EDIT 2: I forgot to answer why he closed his Gamefaqs account, and the answer is: I have no idea. I don't think there's any way to say for sure why he closed his account, but his contact getting fired does not mean he'd have a need to close his account, and visa-versa.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Someone copied it on another thread.

"Isaac is probably in. I need to do some more digging first. Stay tuned!"

Then why would he close his GameFaqs account?

Oh hey it's ZeRo.
This will do well for Isaac if he doesn't get in this time. After K Rool and Ridley I could see ZeRo showing further support to the yellow haired wonder

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
As someone who did quite a bit of research on Loz, I'd take everything he says regarding characters with a very large grain of salt. That being said, it's cool to see ZeRo has faith in Isaac as well based on his speculation.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Look what I found! Isaac was behind K. Rool, but now is #1 most wanted!

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/97xud0/smash_ballot_data_taken_from_5_exit_polls_45000/

(If this was already mentioned. My bad. I'm slow.)
Seeing this makes very happy. With this much fan demand, I can't imagine Isaac not getting in. Granted, he wasn't quite as popular in Japan(whereas King K.Rool was very much most wanted worldwide, even in Japan), but NA and EU killed it! Just goes to show you how fervent us fans are for Isaac! I'm totally amazed by this! Now is a great time to be an Isaac fan. :estatic:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
This will do well for Isaac if he doesn't get in this time. After K Rool and Ridley I could see ZeRo showing further support to the yellow haired wonder
As someone who did quite a bit of research on Loz, I'd take everything he says regarding characters with a very large grain of salt. That being said, it's cool to see ZeRo has faith in Isaac as well based on his speculation.

Yep! It's all boating good for Isaac. I want to say Sakurai is going down the list. Save the big big names for a Smash direct, throw in the fan favorite (Isaac, Bandanna Dee) for a regular direct.

Seeing this makes very happy. With this much fan demand, I can't imagine Isaac not getting in. Granted, he wasn't quite as popular in Japan(whereas King K.Rool was very much most wanted worldwide, even in Japan), but NA and EU killed it! Just goes to show you how fervent us fans are for Isaac! I'm totally amazed by this! Now is a great time to be an Isaac fan. :estatic:

Yep! Plus the whole "Oh yeah uhh...Bayo did good in like Eu or something idk buy a wii u" means sakurai is getting data from all over. He must of seen Isaac name in there!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's decent evidence to suggest that his contact got caught. He said "I won't have any information until launch" on Gamefaqs and deleted his account shortly thereafter. This heavily implies that he probably lost his contact. But we don't know for sure.

The other problem is that we can't even know if the twitter Loz is the same person. He claims to be... but Loz on gamefaqs deleted his account. Then someone else pops up on twitter claiming to be loz, but we can't possibly know that either. If the Gamefaqs Loz said "I'm moving to twitter, here's my account" before leaving Gamefaqs, then we could trust it was the same person. But here we can't, unless Twitter Loz starts getting his info revealed later.

Like, I don't think Skull Kid is that likely. Just reviewing all the factors, Skull Kid doesn't make much sense to me. I'd sooner believe Tingle would be playable than Skull Kid. So if Skull Kid makes it in I'd say Loz was right, but even then, he was saying Skull Kid on Gamefaqs before he deleted his Gamefaqs account. So that also wouldn't prove to me that Gamefaqs Loz is the same person as Twitter Loz.

Isaac getting in wouldn't either because I'd been calling Isaac as fairly likely before even E3, but especially after the reveal of the project plan which is when most everyone else started jumping on board.

Ultimately, I don't think there's any way to verify that Twitter Loz is the same person and Gamefaqs Loz, and we should assume they're not the same person.

EDIT 2: I forgot to answer why he closed his Gamefaqs account, and the answer is: I have no idea. I don't think there's any way to say for sure why he closed his account, but his contact getting fired does not mean he'd have a need to close his account, and visa-versa.
Gamefaqs loz did say he was moving to twitter at loz183 or whatever it was, they were the same person. I can't account for his strange behaviour as of late though. Certainly making himself seem suspicious and not so trustworthy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Gamefaqs loz did say he was moving to twitter at loz183 or whatever it was, they were the same person. I can't account for his strange behaviour as of late though. Certainly making himself seem suspicious and not so trustworthy.
If he did say that before he left gamefaqs that's proof enough, though I hadn't heard that comment. The first post he made on twitter implied that he wasn't sure if people would believe he was the "real" loz.

Also I saw the ZeRo comment on twitter and retweeted it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If he did say that before he left gamefaqs that's proof enough, though I hadn't heard that comment. The first post he made on twitter implied that he wasn't sure if people would believe he was the "real" loz.

Also I saw the ZeRo comment on twitter and retweeted it.

Yep.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys, we need a cheer speech for the next direct (just like soccer/furball team have) for Isaac!Like
"Go Isaac! Go Isaac! Bring the sun our golden boy Isaac!"
or something better than that

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
View attachment 158337

Looking at this chart that puts the exit polls together
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

Ridley got in due to the "meme" I am going to assume.
K Rule got in with the demand of fans

Look who is above Banjo and Geno and Bandana Dee, Isaac

Worst case, Isaac will be the next K Rule and fans will demand him for DLC

But Isaac is popular amoung Nintendo and Smash fans.
Well, Ridley is still in the top 15 according to this making he was still highly demanded plus with Sakurai's favoritism towards him it's not really because of memes he got in.
If this did turn out to be a good representation of how the ballot turned out then we are going to a really great cast and my dreams for Banjo and Isaac to be playable got a little brighter.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I mean, I saw a Japan poll where he was 19th....and that was before you remove characters that are now playable or have been disconfirmed. That's not all that bad if it's indicative of how Japan voted as a whole. It would certainly be a reasonable result with the rest of the world propping it up. Some popular characters in one region have absolutely no prescence in another. (just look at Shovel Knight or Arle Nadja)

Though it was also a small sample size so who knows? I could have sworn I saw someone saying that Golden Sun was actually very popular in Japan back in the day though? Maybe there will be more good will for Isaac in Japan than we think.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Frankly, I'm just happy that Isaac at least won't have to deal with the whole "vocal minority" argument K. Rool frequently did.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I mean, I saw a Japan poll where he was 19th....and that was before you remove characters that are now playable or have been disconfirmed. That's not all that bad if it's indicative of how Japan voted as a whole.

Though it was also a small sample size so who knows? I could have sworn I saw someone saying that Golden Sun was actually very popular in Japan back in the day though? Maybe there will be more good will for Isaac in Japan than we think.
Most of my friends say that Isaac is unlikely because no one knows him(but in my country almost no one know well RPG's from GBA era, and no one knew about Fire Emblem before Robin's and Lucina appearance in Smash 4 so... my country is a bad example for popularity thing) so I have my hope

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Most of my friends say that Isaac is unlikely because no one knows him(but in my country almost no one know well RPG's from GBA era, and no one knew about Fire Emblem before Robin's and Lucina appearance in Smash 4 so... my country is a bad example for popularity thing) so I have my hope
Weird how Ylisse does not know of their Prince's right hand man and his daughter... :surprised::psycho:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I mean, I saw a Japan poll where he was 19th....and that was before you remove characters that are now playable or have been disconfirmed. That's not all that bad if it's indicative of how Japan voted as a whole. It would certainly be a reasonable result with the rest of the world propping it up. Some popular characters in one region have absolutely no prescence in another. (just look at Shovel Knight or Arle Nadja)

I'm sure it probably was back in the day, its just fallen of late and Dark Dawn wasn't well received at all.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Since I haven’t been on here long, have you guys ever been as hopeful and excited as you are now? I sure haven’t.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
https://dm.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/97wyjr/the_hints_are_out_there_you_just_have_to_believe/

Oh man, speculation like this fills me with a such a combination of dread and excitement for the next Direct. This could finally be his time, or he could be as good as gone. I'm so dreadcited!
I don't think he's gone. But I think this might be the time where his status as AT is solidified. If he returns as an AT that is his position forever as the fan response for him has been massive.

I'd be okay with that :)

alguidrag

Smash Ace

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Guys, we need a cheer speech for the next direct (just like soccer/furball team have) for Isaac!Like
"Go Isaac! Go Isaac! Bring the sun our golden boy Isaac!"
or something better than that
We can do a thing such as "Where's isaac." We can put him on a wnated poster, and spam Nintendo of America's twitter. (Sakurai doesnt deserve that spam tbh.)

Picture 3.jpg

Maybe it's a ****ty idea idk.

Top Bottom