• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
It's nice to see a pretty warm response for that thread. It gives me hope that a remake would do well if done and released in the near future.

Are most people of the mind that a remake would likely make the two games into one as originally intended? I see it getting mentioned here and there, but I can never make up mind on what I would like to see in that regard.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Are most people of the mind that a remake would likely make the two games into one as originally intended? I see it getting mentioned here and there, but I can never make up mind on what I would like to see in that regard.
Bro, they somehow just got away with selling a 15-year old Gameboy game for $60. If they gave us both GBA games remade in one for $60 I would **** a Psynergy crystal. Bump that up to a Sol Blade if they added a hard mode.

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'd prefer it that way, I think it would really bump the scope of the world up. When you take both games together it's quite large, but you can't go to many places from the first game in the second, which is a bummer. Could add some new sidequest content in older areas too, as well as allowing the player to catch up on Djinn they missed.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It's nice to see a pretty warm response for that thread. It gives me hope that a remake would do well if done and released in the near future.

I would absolutely love to see that. It would add so much to the world and could potentially lead to even more content and story then was in GS and TLA originally (maybe even a setup to GS4!)

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Yeah I prefer the two games as one, maybe with a separation in between for book one (TBS) and book two (TLA) in the middle like some actual novels have (idk if this is a normal thing in VG too.) I don't know how likely it is, but seeing as that was their original intention and only didn't happen because the story together would have been too big back then, I think it's a possibility. Also, I don't really want to have to wait for a TLA remake to come out if we only get the first game alone

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Moderate Trolling Warning
How is it that a never ever like Isaac has nearly 1k pages.
But important games like Ninja Gaiden, Tomb Raider, Soulcalibur, Resident Evil, etc. have barely any?
This characters been deconfirmed into the ground with two spirits, a mii costume, and an assist trophy.
Does he really need more representation then that for so little the Golden Sun series has contributed to gaming in general?
Can we move on from the Isaac meme? There's other cool character that could use some discussion ya know?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But important games like Ninja Gaiden, Tomb Raider, Soulcalibur, Resident Evil, etc. have barely any?
This characters been deconfirmed into the ground with two spirits, a mii costume, and an assist trophy.
Does he really need more representation then that for so little the Golden Sun series has contributed to gaming in general?
Can we move on from the Isaac meme? There's other cool character that could use some discussion ya know?
Can we move on from the "The same normies who turned Falcon Punch into a big meme won't accept Isaac" meme?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Can we move on from the "The same normies who turned Falcon Punch into a big meme won't accept Isaac" meme?
Can we move on from the disliking popular things to make you seem more unique and interesting meme?
And the only liking niche obscure things hipster meme?
That'd be great, thanks brah.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can we move on from the disliking popular things to make you seem more unique and interesting meme?
And the only liking niche obscure things hipster meme?
That'd be great, thanks brah.
I don't only like obscure things. I just know the public isn't programmed to refuse Smash bubble picks just because they're initially uninterested/unfamiliar with them.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
You can dislike whatever character you like. But if you're going to bash Isaac, feel free to do it somewhere not in the support topic.

We deal with toxic people like you elsewhere, we've no desire to deal with you here.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
'Cause a lot of people like him.
Dunno, but I wish they had more.
Respectfully disagree.
Yeah.
Can we move on from the Isaac meme?
Nah.
There's other cool character that could use some discussion ya know?
Then you go start that on their threads I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just don't respond to that dude they're obviously a troll who's just trying to rile people up for attention. They come onto the thread and get angry that we're talking about Golden Sun and Isaac yet it's the Isaac thread what did they expect? Sorry we don't align with your opinions but we're all human and have differing opinions.

Just ignore the dude as they're obviously trying to bait us into reacting and getting upset, Report and move on.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
I’m not sure if you're trolling so I’ll give you an earnest answer in case you aren’t...

Golden Sun is an important series to people who loved the GBA and DS and those who grew up with Nintendo in the early 2000s. Those games you mentioned are great when it comes to third party reps, but when it comes to Nintendo reps who still need some fighter spotlight it is debatable if any series needs it more than Golden Sun. Waluigi is probably the only character I’d flat out say is more “deserving” or iconic in terms of Nintendo history and commonly asked for Smash fighters nowadays and for a game that, at it’s core, is a Nintendo brawler, that stands out.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Guys don't worry about the troll. A character being popularly requested unfortunately comes with the downside of others whom don't want said character to bring down their fanbase. He just wants to irritate us and get a reaction, not worth our time tbh

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Eh guys, we have a troll on the page! It means our community is big enough to be worth trolling ! It's working !

Edit: Well look at what I wake up to. We doubled the pokemon designs score
Edit 2: It's over 700 now. Sorry, I keep giving you hope guys :D

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So guys, regarding the 5th character from the Fighter Pass, what do you think will happen? A) they announce the 5th when Terry gets showcased on November. B) They hold the 5th until The Game Awards. C) something else? And who do you think will be? I think it will depend if either A is true or not, if it is I can see Doom guy, Ryu or even Geno, if they hold it maybe something Capcom or some big collaboration like Crash

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Eh guys, we have a troll on the page! It means our community is big enough to be worth trolling ! It's working !

Edit: Well look at what I wake up to. We doubled the pokemon designs score
Edit 2: It's over 700 now. Sorry, I keep giving you hope guys :D
This is wonderful to see! Shows that (if it hasn’t been obvious already) there definitely is demand for Golden Sun’s return.

So guys, regarding the 5th character from the Fighter Pass, what do you think will happen? A) they announce the 5th when Terry gets showcased on November. B) They hold the 5th until The Game Awards. C) something else? And who do you think will be? I think it will depend if either A is true or not, if it is I can see Doom guy, Ryu or even Geno, if they hold it maybe something Capcom or some big collaboration like Crash
“A” could most likely happen but “B” is definitely possible. They have to announce the 5th character before the end of the year so if we don’t get anything in November, it will definitely be in December.
Doom Guy is more than likely and would be amazing if it happens, but I still don’t want to get my hopes up for him. Besides that, I honestly have no clue who it could be. But I almost don’t care who it is (unless it’s Doom Guy) as I’ve cared more about who we could get after the Fighter Pass since Joker’s reveal.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
So I think that being noteworthy enough for trolling is a cause for celebration. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any serious trolling occurring in this thread before this page.

edit: stupid missing word

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Trolling or not, you do make some valid points. The smash community tend to suffer from the echo chamber syndrome, wherein they believe a character is much more popular, important or requested than they really are because they mostly talk between themselves. This is a problem the Isaac community realised they were facing fairly recently - only talking about Golden Sun within the Golden Sun fanbase, which needless to say does little to help make the series known to younger players.

Now for the reason why bigger franchises don't see as much support here is because people don't feel the need to do so. Terry got in without receiving that much support because his games are that iconic. The same goes for several franchises. Instead, people will choose to voice support for the underdog or a series they hold close to their heart that needs it in order to even stand a chance of being represented.
The Isaac community was sad to see Isaac return as an AT. Objectively speaking, it's actually a minor victory because not only does it promote his games, but who knows if Isaac would have even returned without our support. That's how important it is, and it gives smaller or forgotten franchises a chance to rise again.

Last point, Golden Sun didn't contribute that much to gaming in general, granted. However, it still was an entry point for many players into the RPG genre due to how accessible it was. It offers battles that aren't too demanding yet with a degree of impactful customisation, a story that isn't ground-breaking so it's easy for younger players to understand, yet still providing food for thought to older ones... and the one thing I believe to be the core of Golden Sun: many tools to solve puzzles as you constantly and directly interact with the environment to progress.

... I almost forgot: we ultimately want Nintendo to revive Golden Sun. Isaac in Smash would be nice obviously, but is mostly a means to an end.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Ignore that guy, he came into the Geno thread and Rex thread doing the exact same thing and is being a huge bother in the Newcomer/DLC Speculation thread. I honestly hope he goes into the Waluigi thread soon so everyone in there can just say "WAH" as a response to him while we laugh at him.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I’ve always kinda seen Smash as a way of honoring Nintendo’s storied past. I like a lot of the guest characters, but I want more Nintendo characters like Isaac representing the forgotten eras of Nintendo history (in this case, the early 2000s.) Also, maybe he’s obscure now, but many other characters were when they joined the roster too. Smash will probably bring back GS.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ignore that guy, he came into the Geno thread and Rex thread doing the exact same thing and is being a huge bother in the Newcomer/DLC Speculation thread. I honestly hope he goes into the Waluigi thread soon so everyone in there can just say "WAH" as a response to him while we laugh at him.
Never underestimate the “WAH”!

CCF9829D-77FF-483A-9D3D-3D9BD8E9588E.jpeg

Over 800 likes! This does put a smile on my face. :)

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
“A” could most likely happen but “B” is definitely possible. They have to announce the 5th character before the end of the year so if we don’t get anything in November, it will definitely be in December.
Doom Guy is more than likely and would be amazing if it happens, but I still don’t want to get my hopes up for him. Besides that, I honestly have no clue who it could be. But I almost don’t care who it is (unless it’s Doom Guy) as I’ve cared more about who we could get after the Fighter Pass since Joker’s reveal.
I agree with you especially after knowing this was an all third party pass, as much as I love some guests and have some third party wants, most of my most wanted are actually first party and I'd love Nintendo to give their own IPs a front seat on the rest of the DLC.

If we do get the 5th announced along Terry's showcase I really hope we get a hint on the 1st outside the fighter pass in December

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
If we do get the 5th announced along Terry's showcase I really hope we get a hint on the 1st outside the fighter pass in December
Agreed. I feel like most people are now of this mindset. For better or worse, the 5th fighter feels like it is getting overshadowed by the mere possibility of what all the DLC post-Fighter Pass could be. So many people are waiting to see who that first fighter for everything beyond the FP could be since we expect it to be a barometer for everything else to come. I am definitely in that group of people. >_<

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I gotta say, the one thing about these echo chambers that I like is that it's pretty nice safe haven to actually talk about a character you like without a bunch of negative nancy's on your rear end telling you that Isaac's an obscure, anime swordsman with a dead series that will never get in Smash. The idea that Golden Sun will ever get another game, hah! You're a crazy person! I've even read comments from Golden Sun fans that doubt the series could ever come back (and most likely aren't actively doing anything to bring it back if they think it's impossible).

The more that we're convinced ourselves that GS can come back as a series, the more we can make other people believe it as well. And though we've lost a bit of support since Isaac's assist role, this stubborn echo chamber of ours has managed to make it feel like Golden Sun has a shot to come back and organize things such as Golden Sundays and the letter campaign and we're still not giving up. I'm glad that now we're at a point where people can discuss things such as Golden Sun remakes outside of echo chambers and it have positive reception. Pre ult (heck even during it) it seemed like Isaac and Golden Sun were never taken seriously and topics like that would be filled with trolls thinking the GS fan base were dreaming the impossible lol.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
https://twitter.com/GS_****posts/status/1176251264042070016
I think all of us Golden Sun fans can agree to this. lol

I gotta say, the one thing about these echo chambers that I like is that it's pretty nice safe haven to actually talk about a character you like without a bunch of negative nancy's on your rear end telling you that Isaac's an obscure, anime swordsman with a dead series that will never get in Smash. The idea that Golden Sun will ever get another game, hah! You're a crazy person! I've even read comments from Golden Sun fans that doubt the series could ever come back (and most likely aren't actively doing anything to bring it back if they think it's impossible).

The more that we're convinced ourselves that GS can come back as a series, the more we can make other people believe it as well. And though we've lost a bit of support since Isaac's assist role, this stubborn echo chamber of ours has managed to make it feel like Golden Sun has a shot to come back and organize things such as Golden Sundays and the letter campaign and we're still not giving up. I'm glad that now we're at a point where people can discuss things such as Golden Sun remakes outside of echo chambers and it have positive reception. Pre ult (heck even during it) it seemed like Isaac and Golden Sun were never taken seriously and topics like that would be filled with trolls thinking the GS fan base were dreaming the impossible lol.
It’s about time we started talking about Golden Sun outside of places like here and actually get newcomers into this wonderful series. Sad that it took us almost a decade to do so, but better late than never, right? I hope we continue that and just support both Golden Sun’s return and getting Isaac in Smash no matter what.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I also think the 5th character might be announced when Terry will be showcased in maybe 6 weeks or so?

As for who I think the 5th one is:
I don't know if anything happend regarding that, but the Voice Actor of Lloyd made a huge fuss about a project he was part of. If there is no other possibility what that might be, I think it's safe to assume that it's about smash and thus about Lloyd's inclusion as the 5th DLC character.

As to what I hope will come: I hope it will be another cool character from a franchise I rly like (3 out 4 already made it in currently). Examples for this could be a DMC character, an Ace Attorney character, a Resident Evil character, a Sega character (hopefully Yakuza or Shenmue) and many others I would love to see.
But if I would have to guess, I think it's either Hayabusa, Lloyd or a Sega character.

And as for Geno I still don't know how sakurai will handle him. I already saw how he did it with Banjo but I doubt that he will be in this Fighters Pass (if he makes his debut as a fighter at all). So I think he might have a chance in the next DLC wave like Isaac.

So I am rly curious what it will be. As of now the Fighters Pass didn't disappoint me one bit. Hope it stays that way until the very end.

Good thing is that we don't have a "2nd Pass" as of now, which means there might be no restriction to 5 characters. I could for example totally see Phoenix Wright's inclusion with Edgeworth as his Echo Fighter or Isaac with Felix which might be the reason why they made no restriction this time around.

Sry for the wall of text but smash is getting rly good at this point regarding its characters. I just really really REALLY need Isaac to be 100% satisfied.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Hot Take: Scott Menville is the English VA for Isaac O_O

A while back I remember some discussions on what a proper Isaac VA would sound like, and I saw a few suggestions to use Lloyd's original VA. So you never knooow.

I'm not buying into the idea that the VA project he's on is Smash related yet though. As much as I like Lloyd, I wouldn't want him in over Isaac, that'd make me anxious af. But if we got both I'm totally down with that.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Speaking of Scott Menville, I thought he wasn't Lloyd's current VA anymore? Unless he only got replaced cause of scheduling issues for DotNW. Not that I'd complain about him reprising his role as Lloyd for Smash. Though because of that, I was thinking his tweet could have something more to do with relating to Teen Titans and the original series finally coming back for another season.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Scott Menville, I thought he wasn't Lloyd's current VA anymore? Unless he only got replaced cause of scheduling issues for DotNW. Not that I'd complain about him reprising his role as Lloyd for Smash. Though because of that, I was thinking his tweet could have something more to do with relating to Teen Titans and the original series finally coming back for another season.
Yeah he's not, and the new VA declined any involvement. So either Nintendo are bringing Scott back to reprise Tales of Symphonia Lloyd for nostalgia's sake, or it's not for Lloyd.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hot Take: Scott Menville is the English VA for Isaac O_O

A while back I remember some discussions on what a proper Isaac VA would sound like, and I saw a few suggestions to use Lloyd's original VA. So you never knooow.

I'm not buying into the idea that the VA project he's on is Smash related yet though. As much as I like Lloyd, I wouldn't want him in over Isaac, that'd make me anxious af. But if we got both I'm totally down with that.
Yeah he's not, and the new VA declined any involvement. So either Nintendo are bringing Scott back to reprise Tales of Symphonia Lloyd for nostalgia's sake, or it's not for Lloyd.
That would be crazy if it turned out to be Isaac’s new VA! I’d be down for that.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
While I personally don't believe this new project he alluded to is Smash, I could see why they'd use him. The voice change in DotNW was not something people care for as far as I know. Not that the new guy was bad or anything just Scott is still viewed as the de facto voice of the character by the fans. Also if Llyod did come I sure hope they did use Scott as nothing DotNW needs to infect any other game. It's the worst Tales game I've played.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that now we're at a point where people can discuss things such as Golden Sun remakes outside of echo chambers and it have positive reception. Pre ult (heck even during it) it seemed like Isaac and Golden Sun were never taken seriously and topics like that would be filled with trolls thinking the GS fan base were dreaming the impossible lol.
Absolutely. That change alone is well worth our efforts. Sparking (civil) discussion will inevitably broaden Golden Sun's audience and interest, increasing the odds for a revival!

As for the tweet, could anyone provide a link please?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I can totally see the original VA of Lloyd coming back, look how far they are going to bringing some known VAs with the Hero alts, plus I think Sakurai and Nintendo know for which VA we remember Lloyd anyway back when we played the OG game, I know I do.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm making some good progress on the move-set I teased in January, I shared some ideas I have on the Angara Continent Discord. Hoping I can complete it by Golden Sunday in October, I'm really happy with how it's turning out

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I also think the 5th character might be announced when Terry will be showcased in maybe 6 weeks or so?

As for who I think the 5th one is:
I don't know if anything happend regarding that, but the Voice Actor of Lloyd made a huge fuss about a project he was part of. If there is no other possibility what that might be, I think it's safe to assume that it's about smash and thus about Lloyd's inclusion as the 5th DLC character.

As to what I hope will come: I hope it will be another cool character from a franchise I rly like (3 out 4 already made it in currently). Examples for this could be a DMC character, an Ace Attorney character, a Resident Evil character, a Sega character (hopefully Yakuza or Shenmue) and many others I would love to see.
But if I would have to guess, I think it's either Hayabusa, Lloyd or a Sega character.

And as for Geno I still don't know how sakurai will handle him. I already saw how he did it with Banjo but I doubt that he will be in this Fighters Pass (if he makes his debut as a fighter at all). So I think he might have a chance in the next DLC wave like Isaac.

So I am rly curious what it will be. As of now the Fighters Pass didn't disappoint me one bit. Hope it stays that way until the very end.

Good thing is that we don't have a "2nd Pass" as of now, which means there might be no restriction to 5 characters. I could for example totally see Phoenix Wright's inclusion with Edgeworth as his Echo Fighter or Isaac with Felix which might be is the reason why they made no restriction this time around.

Sry for the wall of text but smash is getting rly good at this point regarding its characters. I just really really REALLY need Isaac to be 100% satisfied.
The same situation happened with Cristina Vee and it ended up being Fortnite related, Scott is also Robin on Teen Titans so it could be about that.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
Wow it's been some time since I've stopped by here.

Well regardless, I feel like the 5th character in the fighter's pass will very likely be a first party. It'd be rather strange to have all initial planned DLC to be 3rd parties, at least to me. Yes, While PP was technically DLC, I'm not entirely sure he was supposed to be. Whilst it's really doubtful that it'll be some AT upgrade, I do expect some 1st party rep.

At the same time, considering that Isaac has spirits, an AT, and a Mii Costume, It only shows just how close Isaac really was to being playable. I think this is one thing a lot of people ignore in speculation, the character got a lot of content in base game because they were on the cusp of being a playable character, but there was not enough time in all likelihood.

Mind you, I'm very grateful to have Golden Sun receive the attention it has, but myself as well as many others I'm sure would like to see him go beyond that final stretch. Golden Sun deserves to live, thrive, and reignite our passion for it all over again.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow it's been some time since I've stopped by here.

Well regardless, I feel like the 5th character in the fighter's pass will very likely be a first party. It'd be rather strange to have all initial planned DLC to be 3rd parties, at least to me. Yes, While PP was technically DLC, I'm not entirely sure he was supposed to be. Whilst it's really doubtful that it'll be some AT upgrade, I do expect some 1st party rep.

At the same time, considering that Isaac has spirits, an AT, and a Mii Costume, It only shows just how close Isaac really was to being playable. I think this is one thing a lot of people ignore in speculation, the character got a lot of content in base game because they were on the cusp of being a playable character, but there was not enough time in all likelihood.

Mind you, I'm very grateful to have Golden Sun receive the attention it has, but myself as well as many others I'm sure would like to see him go beyond that final stretch. Golden Sun deserves to live, thrive, and reignite our passion for it all over again.
I would be shocked if the 5th DLC is a Nintendo character. It would feel so out of place. Though after the Pass, it’s fair game for anyone.

You’re right on that part. People forget how close Isaac got. Golden Sun went to having almost nothing from Smash 4 to having the most content than any other Non-Fighter IP. All that Golden Sun is missing is a Fighter, Stage and NEW music (and other missing spirits too). I think it’s safe to say that Isaac was very close to being considered a fighter. Now that DLC is a thing, it’s time to push beyond that and Isaac needs the support more than ever. There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Isaac came really close to being playable. If Sakurai wants this to be the ultimate Smash to improve upon for as long as possible, why not make Isaac playable if he was already really close?

Top Bottom