• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken I think that was a source from someone in the Geno thread? It wasn't posted here but the Geno thread also had the posts and discussion about angry Isaac fans calling Nintendo customer service over his deconfirmation as well. Though it's hard to know where that information stands now. Getting a new GS game to get Isaac in Smash is certainly easier to say than bring to fruition lol.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That very 'leak' is why I'm so cynical about Isaac's chances. For you see, that's also the same source that mentioned that Nintendo was shocked by the reaction to Isaac's AT. A lot of people here have taken optimism from that, but if you read the rest of it, it's pretty harsh. Like "Isaac was always going to be an AT, regardless of his popularity". That's just a much more depressing scenario than even I had thought up of. We are nothing but a drop in the ocean to them.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That very 'leak' is why I'm so cynical about Isaac's chances. For you see, that's also the same source that mentioned that Nintendo was shocked by the reaction to Isaac's AT. A lot of people here have taken optimism from that, but if you read the rest of it, it's pretty harsh. Like "Isaac was always going to be an AT, regardless of his popularity". That's just a much more depressing scenario than even I had thought up of. We are nothing but a drop in the ocean to them.
And again, if this is coming from somebody who has a “source” in NoA, I’m just curious how NoA wound have any idea what Sakurai’s plans are for characters in a Smash game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And again, if this is coming from somebody who has a “source” in NoA, I’m just curious how NoA wound have any idea what Sakurai’s plans are for characters in a Smash game.
Yeah, hopefully it's not actually legit. However, if it's not legit, then that would also mean that Nintendo being shocked by the reaction to Isaac's AT is also up in the air, unless we have another source on that.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Anything that was said in that little leak I think would only apply to Sakurai's reasoning for the base roster and potentially the Fighters Pass. Sakurai could have changed his mind about any of these things prior to the next round of DLC packs being decided. Isaac definitely did well on the ballot based on all the information we have, so probably the part about GS fans being a "small" group is either flatly inaccurate or just the result of information being slightly corrupted by whatever chain of ears may have existed between this leaker and Sakurai. The part about him needing a new game to get onto the roster may be irrelevant now that we have Banjo, or it could be that said game is now in development. When the leak says "Isaac was always going to be an AT regardless of his popularity," it just means that he was chosen to be an AT from the start as opposed to being dropped from the playable cast mid-development. It doesn't say anything about how close he was to making the cut, just that this was the decision when the roster was finalized.

Of course, I'm still not sure where to peg Isaac in terms of his chances, but this leak is mostly irrelevant now, accurate or not.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Even if the leak is wrong, there is still a good chance they were surprised by the reaction to Isaac like they were to Waluigi. I don’t think that’s too unreasonable to assume

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Yeah, hopefully it's not actually legit. However, if it's not legit, then that would also mean that Nintendo being shocked by the reaction to Isaac's AT is also up in the air, unless we have another source on that.
I mean, I can believe that some people working at NoA were shocked that the public was disappointed about Isaac’s status. I’m sure they see reactions all the time and some surprise them and some don’t.

What I find hard to believe is anyone from NoA knowing Sakurai’s plans.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think it's more than that even. Given the quick turnaround for Camelot if they wanted to immediately do a Mario Golf after Aces. If such a title was in the works, we would have seen it by now and it would probably be released by the end of this year.

And as others mentioned, Mario Golf releasing around the same time as the Olympics game wouldn't be wise on the part of Nintendo. I think they would want that game as their premire Mario Sports game next year, leaving the door open for a new Golden Sun anytime before or after XC1R/BoTW2.

I said Q1 2021 as a likely release window but I also can see something like GS1+2R released in the Summer next year (June/July) while BoTW2 is released in October/November and then XC1R in December.
The Olympic game is releasing this year, not next. But under the assumption that Mario Golf is being made, you yourself raise exactly why Nintendo may not have released it yet, so as to not cannibalize the sales of the Olympic crossover. So if Mario & Sonic is this year, Golf may be next. Especially because Nintendo is known to sit on games so as to fill otherwise barren release windows, with Mario Golf being a fairly typical filler game.

If 2020 comes and goes without the Golf game, or some other Camelot sports title, then something may be up. But I wouldn't break out the yarn and the thumbtacks until then.

I apologize if this has already been explained recently, but who exactly is this guy with this information. I remember reading this back when Ultimate just came out, but just need a refresher.

Was this someone with a contact in NoA or NoJ? Because I doubt anybody in NoA would know that the only way Isaac could become playable is if a new Golden Sun game comes out.

I know that seems like the most likely conclusion, but it seems more like this person is just assuming that.
This is one of Sabi's sources. They have an NoA contact.

I can't speak for how much was directly conveyed and how much was extrapolated, but the source has yet to be incorrect about anything (to my knowledge, at least), and has been right on multiple accounts. I wouldn't outright dismiss their claims. Having said that, anyone who feels the information less than credible is free to come to their own conclusions, but dismissing some parts while holding on to the NoA portion is, at that point, cherrypicking.

Obviously it's unfortunate that he didn't become playable, but I wasn't 100% positive he'd even regain his AT status back, frankly. Clearly he merited at least that, if not much more, but the same could've been said for Smash 4, when there had been a GS game just two years prior to the roster being decided, with Isaac being the most popular character circa Dark Dawn, and we got nothing.

The most depressing scenario for me is we'd just have to experience that again, which seemed possible.

I mean, I can believe that some people working at NoA were shocked that the public was disappointed about Isaac’s status. I’m sure they see reactions all the time and some surprise them and some don’t.

Well then the implication is that 90% of that post is guesswork, which, for a proven source, is a bit illogical. That'd be an untenable ratio to maintain trust.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Yeah, even if this source is right about them being surprised by Isaac, how would they know Sakurai’s reasoning? I doubt that such knowledge would be so easily propagated. But who knows for sure I guess.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
The Olympic game is releasing this year, not next. But under the assumption that Mario Golf is being made, you yourself raise exactly why Nintendo may not have released it yet, so as to not cannibalize the sales of the Olympic crossover. So if Mario & Sonic is this year, Golf may be next. Especially because Nintendo is known to sit on games so as to fill otherwise barren release windows, with Mario Golf being a fairly typical filler game.

If 2020 comes and goes without the Golf game, or some other Camelot sports title, then something may be up. But I wouldn't break out the yarn and the thumbtacks until then.

I can't speak for how much was directly conveyed and how much was extrapolated, but the source has yet to be incorrect about anything (to my knowledge, at least), and has been right on multiple accounts. I wouldn't outright dismiss their claims. Having said that, anyone who feels the information less than credible is free to come to their own conclusions, but dismissing some parts while holding on to the NoA portion is, at that point, cherrypicking.

Obviously it's unfortunate that he didn't become playable, but I wasn't 100% positive he'd even regain his AT status back, frankly. Clearly he merited at least that, if not much more, but the same could've been said for Smash 4, when there had been a GS game just two years prior to the roster being decided, with Isaac being the most popular character circa Dark Dawn, and we got nothing.

The most depressing scenario for me is we'd just have to experience that again, which seemed possible.

Well then the implication is that 90% of that post is guesswork, which, for a proven source, is a bit illogical. That'd be an untenable ratio to maintain trust.
I don’t think it’s illogical to think it’s a bit unlikely that anybody in NoA would know what Sakurai is planning to do with characters in a fighting game regardless of how accurate a source might be.

As I said, the source might have found out that the higher ups were a bit surprised about the reaction to Isaac and they just assumed the only way he’d be playable is if a new GS came out to make him more relevant.

Sakurai likely only communicates with NoJ and I don’t see why NoJ would feel the need to tell NoA about the Smash plans. If I’m not allowed to cherrypick the post then I’d say the whole thing is inaccurate.

But I understand that this source is apparently pretty accurate so I get why people buy into it. And even if it actually is true it doesn’t completely doom Isaac as this was likely before any extra DLC was going to happen. I just don’t really buy it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don’t think it’s illogical to think it’s a bit unlikely that anybody in NoA would know what Sakurai is planning to do with characters in a fighting game regardless of how accurate a source might be.

As I said, the source might have found out that the higher ups were a bit surprised about the reaction to Isaac and they just assumed the only way he’d be playable is if a new GS came out to make him more relevant.

Sakurai likely only communicates with NoJ and I don’t see why NoJ would feel the need to tell NoA about the Smash plans. If I’m not allowed to cherrypick the post then I’d say the whole thing is inaccurate.

But I understand that this source is apparently pretty accurate so I get why people buy into it. And even if it actually is true it doesn’t completely doom Isaac as this was likely before any extra DLC was going to happen. I just don’t really buy it.
I agree in the sense that were this a one-off 4chan post or something, I'd say toss it. If you say "I know someone at NoA" and then proceed to outline Sakurai's mentality, that's a red flag. But it's also unlikely that a source that has previously (and since) given correct information would just begin throwing guesses out without any indication they were guesses (in fact, they'd be merging guesses with actual information, if you believe the NoA part).

That's not a very sensible way to maintain credibility going forward. I suppose if it's something that could never really be fact-checked, such as some of these claims, that's one thing, but that's also not really how reputable sources handle information.

However, I'm not imploring people to buy into these claims, you can believe what you want. However, I do think there's merit in the advice to prove desire for GS in general. Though I also agree it's easier said than done.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

My B on that part. I thought it was next year but it's actually this November.

In any case, I doubt something around that timeframe although it could easily be a Fall/Winter title instead. If nothing is announced by E3, then we're good IMO.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Page 853 of this thread actually has a post that compiles all of the Polar source info. Post #34,102 if anyone wants to give that another look. Kinda nuts that I forgot some of that stuff. Crazy looking back and said source being unsure if there would be a wave 2 of DLC and here we are. I do feel we've followed through on some of the advice especially being more vocal to Nintendo on wanting Golden Sun to return through Golden Sundays and the letter campaign.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I mean yeah, y'all are acting like you just sat on your asses and did nothing to prove your love for GS. I can't think of a lot of fanbases that actually went and tried even after getting AT'd.

At this point if it doesn't happen nobody at Nintendo is a gentleman

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I tried really hard to keep talking about it and asking Nintendo and Sakurai for Isaac and Felix, and Golden Sun remakes. I definitely got insulted a few times, and had to give up on Sakurai after that one tweet, but if we make it in, it’ll all have been worth it.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
In all honesty the main thing I really want is for the series to return. The whole reason I first started hoping for Isaac in Smash is because I loved both series and thought Isaac would make a great addition. It’s sad that it’s now come to wanting him in to try and bring GS back.

I am just completely baffled how Nintendo has just given up on the series after how successful it had been. They came up with their own original RPG series after the rift between them and Square and it was a great success on the GBA. The sequel was loved just as much and is considered to be even better (although I know it was all supposed to be one big game).

They even promoted both games on the boxes for the GBA and the SP. Then they threw DD under the bus by releasing it on a dying console before the widely anticipated 3DS and just never cared afterwards.

I know they keep having Camelot make Mario sports games now, but they could have given the series to another company. But no.... they said screw it.

The whole thing is just infuriating. And you would think with how well RPG’s are doing on the Switch that they would think to at least rerelease the GBA games on the Switch, but nope.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sakurai likely only communicates with NoJ and I don’t see why NoJ would feel the need to tell NoA about the Smash plans.
He communicated with Reggie when he was still president of NoA, I think it's fair to say people in other positions at NoA know as well (I mean they'd have to know to plan ads and localization and whatever ahead of time, NoJ doesn't do all that for them).

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
He communicated with Reggie when he was still president of NoA, I think it's fair to say people in other positions at NoA know as well (I mean they'd have to know to plan ads and localization and whatever ahead of time, NoJ doesn't do all that for them).
Yes, to plan for ads and localization. Don’t see why they would need to know the chances of a character making it playable in Smash.

And even if you want to argue that they would know ahead of time about playable characters before they’re announced so they can start planning a game release that coincides with said character, that would only make sense for confirmed playable characters.

NoA knowing Isaac was planned to be an AT from the start seems pretty farfetched. I can’t imagine Sakurai or NoJ handing them a list that states what each character’s future is in Smash.

At no point can I imagine Sakurai mentioning to NOA “Yeah that Isaac guy from Golden Sun just isn’t very relevant so I’m going to make him an AT.” And he clearly wasn’t brought up due to the popularity polls if we’re to believe this information since NoA was apparently surprised people were upset at his AT status.

Last edited:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
I apologize if this has already been explained recently, but who exactly is this guy with this information. I remember reading this back when Ultimate just came out, but just need a refresher.

Was this someone with a contact in NoA or NoJ? Because I doubt anybody in NoA would know that the only way Isaac could become playable is if a new Golden Sun game comes out.

I know that seems like the most likely conclusion, but it seems more like this person is just assuming that.
He's a source from Sabi, but not THE Nintendo source that Sabi has.

Back when this was posted on the Geno thread (wow that was back in the beginning of the year) the "need a new GS to get Isaac in Smash" was confirmed to be speculation from the leaker's part. Banjo was not leaked at the time as well and he killed that argument.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yes, to plan for ads and localization. Don’t see why they would need to know the chances of a character making it playable in Smash.

And even if you want to argue that they would know ahead of time about playable characters before they’re announced so they can start planning a game release that coincides with said character, that would only make sense for confirmed playable characters.

NoA knowing Isaac was planned to be an AT from the start seems pretty farfetched. I can’t imagine Sakurai or NoJ handing them a list that states what each character’s future is in Smash.

At no point can I imagine Sakurai mentioning to NOA “Yeah that Isaac guy from Golden Sun just isn’t very relevant so I’m going to make him an AT.” And he clearly wasn’t brought up due to the popularity polls if we’re to believe this information since NoA was apparently surprised people were upset at his AT status.
Reggie has also talked to Sakurai about characters, or has at least heard stuff (he once said Sakurai was never turned down a character he asked for as far as he knew).

But anyways, I’m sure Sakurai wouldn’t have said that to NoA, just NoA knew he was an AT from discussions or localizations and stuff - which all need to start being done ahead of time to make sure the game releases on time, plus the production of physical releases, boxes, and other related stuff alongside whatever else they do internally (NoJ would need to communicate with their Western branches for a lot of things if not most things, they’re still the same company; like help with Banjo & Kazooie stuff, for example, or what the Western feedback is like, and the major things). NoA likely thought the Isaac AT would make fans happy, and were surprised by the people who were disappointed; they could’ve seen some popularity on social media and maybe the Ballot, too, and thought at least the AT would make fans smile since he was gone in Smash 4.

The guy in the image on the previous page is also Sabi’s first NoA source, the one that gave the image hints and let her know other stuff before; he’s a Brand Ambassador. I think she’s still in contact with him, though there’s also VR Plant and maybe one other guy she gets info from now. I don’t think he’d know what Sakurai actually thinks (not sure, plus he seemed to give a bit of speculation), but I doubt he wouldn’t hear stuff from other high-up guys and see some things.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, the silver lining here is that they said Isaac would be a fighter if there was a new Golden Sun. So if a GS1+2 Remake is indeed Camelot's next project, Isaac would have a serious shot for a DLC slot. Coupled in with his fan demand and assets already in the game.

Lets all hope for this to come to pass.
I'm pretty confident in our chances regarding this honestly, the last Direct confirmed it for me. The Switch is shaping up to be the ideal console for classic RPG gaming and revivals. Many remakes of classic RPG titles, and remakes of unexpected games like for example Link's Awakening. This and the outcry of a new Golden Sun for the last couple of 5 years or so makes a remake of Golden Sun quite likely, I only think a remake of Super Mario RPG is more likely. Or maybe Super Metroid or DKC 1 or 2. Anyway am not going as far as to expect it, but it can definitely happen now.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I still can't tell which one is the last Isaac. I don't see which character would be all black and white.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

The one thing I will say on the leak, is that the language used to convey each point is clearly, and perhaps intentionally, ambigious. The wording uses language that clearly could imply multiple different scenarios, without being precise enough to understand the exact implications.
There are many ways to believe in the leak, and then doubt what or how the leaker communicated. I would not call it cherry picking.

Jesus. This really just became a conversation that too closely mirrors that of a religious text.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
This makes me so happy especially when the layout is so satisfying to see! Hope we also do great on Sabi's poll hopefully.
Do we know how long that poll is supposed to last? I'm imagining a couple of weeks. Any result in the Top 3 would be nice since who knows how driven different fanbases can get on these polls. Waluigi, Geno, and Isaac will probably figure prominently...

Edit: Personally, I'd love to see Shantae get a lot of love in the poll. She is probably the character I would like to see most besides Isaac.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Do we know how long that poll is supposed to last? I'm imagining a couple of weeks. Any result in the Top 3 would be nice since who knows how driven different fanbases can get on these polls. Waluigi, Geno, and Isaac will probably figure prominently...

Edit: Personally, I'd love to see Shantae get a lot of love in the poll. She is probably the character I would like to see most besides Isaac.
Sabi’s Poll is supposed to go till early October. So we got at least 2 weeks.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The one good thing to extrapolate from that is that even if we were "a small fanbase" to them before, the loud and fierce backlash and movements we sparked have proven that we are, in fact, one of, if not the biggest supporter group left. There's not too many characters left to grant requests to, and we happen to be big, and our disappointment fresh. We know Sakurai hates disappointing fans, and I think this is one time he'll make up for it.
I mean yeah, y'all are acting like you just sat on your ***** and did nothing to prove your love for GS. I can't think of a lot of fanbases that actually went and tried even after getting AT'd.

At this point if it doesn't happen nobody at Nintendo is a gentleman
Personally, I don't think there could have possibly been a better time for Nintendo to announce more DLC. In Banjo's video, Sakurai mentioned how they were "pleased with Ultimate's sales" and decided to add more DLC. I speculate that this happened earlier this year, probably in January/February, after initial sales reports have come in. You know what else happened around that time? Not just the first Golden Sunday, but also our letter campaign to Nintendo. If the reports about NoA being surprised about Isaac's reaction are true, then they must have relayed that back to NoJ, and then again when a flood of GS-related letters came in and when Golden Sun was trending on Twitter. We made our mark late 2018/early 2019 and I think that was right around when Sakurai was deciding who would be in the second round of DLC. There's no way NoA, NoJ, and Sakurai (I'm positive he keeps up with Smash discussion online) all saw the backlash to Isaac and said "No thanks. We're happy not having all the money he would bring in from fans, we'd rather have to spend extra to get Default Guy from Fortnite."

We killed it after the initial heat of the Direct with a classy, respectful response to our massive disappointment. That alone is leaps and bounds ahead of what some other characters have going for them, and I fully believe we'll finally be rewarded for our efforts.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The one good thing to extrapolate from that is that even if we were "a small fanbase" to them before, the loud and fierce backlash and movements we sparked have proven that we are, in fact, one of, if not the biggest supporter group left. There's not too many characters left to grant requests to, and we happen to be big, and our disappointment fresh. We know Sakurai hates disappointing fans, and I think this is one time he'll make up for it.

Personally, I don't think there could have possibly been a better time for Nintendo to announce more DLC. In Banjo's video, Sakurai mentioned how they were "pleased with Ultimate's sales" and decided to add more DLC. I speculate that this happened earlier this year, probably in January/February, after initial sales reports have come in. You know what else happened around that time? Not just the first Golden Sunday, but also our letter campaign to Nintendo. If the reports about NoA being surprised about Isaac's reaction are true, then they must have relayed that back to NoJ, and then again when a flood of GS-related letters came in and when Golden Sun was trending on Twitter. We made our mark late 2018/early 2019 and I think that was right around when Sakurai was deciding who would be in the second round of DLC. There's no way NoA, NoJ, and Sakurai (I'm positive he keeps up with Smash discussion online) all saw the backlash to Isaac and said "No thanks. We're happy not having all the money he would bring in from fans, we'd rather have to spend extra to get Default Guy from Fortnite."

We killed it after the initial heat of the Direct with a classy, respectful response to our massive disappointment. That alone is leaps and bounds ahead of what some other characters have going for them, and I fully believe we'll finally be rewarded for our efforts.
That is good hope to have. I’m so glad we did that Letter Campaign. I wonder how many letters were sent?

For a long while now, I felt that at least 2 or 3 of the DLC characters were already (or mostly) done and just needed tweaking. Meanwhile, they were working on more DLC characters on the side to be ready for 2020. Of course, that was a personal theory of mine, but with more DLC coming, that theory might not have been far fetched.

We still have to continue our support for Isaac and Golden Sun to return no matter what! I sometimes sound like a broken record, but it needs to be integrated into us until it is done.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman

It's going until October so a couple more weeks! Just remember to pass the voice around, here is the link again in case someone hasn't voted https://t.co/w6g3lqyiWf?amp=1

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
When is the next Golden Sunday, again?

That is good hope to have. I’m so glad we did that Letter Campaign. I wonder how many letters were sent?

For a long while now, I felt that at least 2 or 3 of the DLC characters were already (or mostly) done and just needed tweaking. Meanwhile, they were working on more DLC characters on the side to be ready for 2020. Of course, that was a personal theory of mine, but with more DLC coming, that theory might not have been far fetched.

We still have to continue our support for Isaac and Golden Sun to return no matter what! I sometimes sound like a broken record, but it needs to be integrated into us until it is done.
I made sure to send a letter, though I sent it to the Nintendo office in Redmond instead of a larger one in New York or whatnot...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
From a Smash boomer that supported :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie: since the Melee days, I would like to know from all of y'all how long you've guys been supporting Isaac? Was it back during the Melee days? Brawl? Smash 4? Or even Ultimate?

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
From a Smash boomer that supported :ultkrool:, :ultridley:, and :ultbanjokazooie: since the Melee days, I would like to know from all of y'all how long you've guys been supporting Isaac? Was it back during the Melee days? Brawl? Smash 4? Or even Ultimate?
Smash 4 for me. But I know several in this thread have been here since Melee

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Brawl. I didn’t look at Smash forums during the Melee days. If I was on the computer back then I was probably playing Runescape lol.

During Brawl was when the Smash Dojo was a thing and I still think that was the coolest way Sakurai ever lead up to a Smash release. I can still remember the excitement of opening up the page in the morning and seeing a red outline around the news article that day which indicated a new fighter reveal. That Sonic reveal still gives me chills.

Anyway, like I said I wasn’t speculating or rooting for characters in Smash during the Melee days. I didn’t look up anything for that game. I just got it when the GameCube came out (along with Luigi’s Mansion) and started unlocking characters.

But during Brawl was when I started hoping for Isaac and Geno.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
When is the next Golden Sunday, again?

I made sure to send a letter, though I sent it to the Nintendo office in Redmond instead of a larger one in New York or whatnot...
Well, Nintendo's office in Redmond is their biggest office in North America. It's the HQ of NoA. So you sent it to the right one! :)
For me, Smash 4, and I can remember voting for him on the Smash Ballot. However, I only recently started playing Golden Sun, and I only started actively supporting him and joining forums during Ultimate's hype cycle. I think I joined around page 350 or so...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
While technically I’ve been waiting since Melee for Isaac, my hype for him truly started before Brawl came out. It got huge when Sonic got confirmed as Sonic was my #1 most wanted at the time. Isaac was #2 then, but moved up to #1 after Sonic. I was very sad when he turned out to be an AT but was happy he was in. Pretty bittersweet. It’s also where my origins of taking snapshots of Isaac came from. lol

https://twitter.com/hanpen1129/status/1173236092536901632
This Twitter user has the official 4Koma comic of Golden Sun. So lucky!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Since Brawl. That's when I got into Smash, and immediately I started dreaming about hypothetical rosters for the next Smash. Isaac was always in them.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
For me I'd say since 2014, I always heard Isaac's name through speculation and was familiar with his assist trophy so I really wanted to see what the fuss with Golden Sun was all about. I gave the games a try and well, here I am today.

Top Bottom