• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

Where does it say on /r/Smashbros that golden sunday stuff is banned? Im sure you could post some Isaac fanart with whatever hashtag you guys choose in the title and it'll be fine...

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for missing, I was waiting for the depressed/ranting state of this thread to die down, and I needed to study, too.

I can't participate on Twitter for reasons I won't mention, so if there's any other way I can help, tell me. I was thinking about drawing an Isaac redesign, but I'll be busy this week.

Also, I have a better name for the Operation: Supernova. This is a dead franchise with the Sun on its name, so I think naming the operation the same as a dying star is perfect.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Idea: We can get on the Smash Reddit through "assist trophy" fan art. We sneak the details of Golden Sunday into the art so that it spreads there.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm a little hesitant to commit to this but I had an idea for a mockup of the cover for Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee but replace them with Flint. (Let's Go Flint!)

It would be pretty topical this month.

It feels like it would be hard for me to match the artstyle of that cover art though...(I could give it a shot)
I think it would be great!

In fact, as someone mentioned earlier, Golden Sun crossover with other IPs would really help out a lot!

https://mobile.twitter.com/hawpooncannon/status/1059597348433739776
image.jpeg

Stuff like this will/could be impactful! Love it!

D

Deleted member

Repost bc new page:
Where does it say on /r/Smashbros that golden sunday stuff is banned? Im sure you could post some Isaac fanart with whatever hashtag you guys choose in the title and it'll be fine...

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Idea: We can get on the Smash Reddit through "assist trophy" fan art. We sneak the details of Golden Sunday into the art so that it spreads there.
I was about to mention exactly this. The reason why we can’t do Golden Sunday posts there, is because it’s a Smash only sub forum.

However we have a work around. Isaac’s Assist Trophy. At that point as long as most of the post is about the trophy and we sneak in a mention of Golden Sunday, we should be fine.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys I'd like your help later too, I want to cosplay from Golden Sun and as many versions as possible as well SO I was thinking maybe genderbending Isaac and Felix too, I still intend cosplaying they original designs too including adult Isaac. I'd love some input regarding design for Fem! Isaac

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
By the way guys I'd like your help later too, I want to cosplay from Golden Sun and as many versions as possible as well SO I was thinking maybe genderbending Isaac and Felix too, I still intend cosplaying they original designs too including adult Isaac. I'd love some input regarding design for Fem! Isaac
Make the "shirt" on top longer so it looks more like a dress, the chest armor should be more femenine and maybe add higher heels. You can keep the hair short if you want.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Btw, if there are any really good artists in here, I’d like some help with something. I’m going to be writing a story set in the Golden Sun universe and I need a “book cover”.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Make the "shirt" on top longer so it looks more like a dress, the chest armor should be more femenine and maybe add higher heels. You can keep the hair short if you want.
image.png

Something like this?

image.png
Or like this?

Gioka Gioka That should give you an idea! :)

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Btw, if there are any really good artists in here, I’d like some help with something. I’m going to be writing a story set in the Golden Sun universe and I need a “book cover”.
I would contact Stoic on that or maybe ask for a commission on an artist you like! I can also help but depends really on what style you are looking for
Those are adorable, I would leave the leggings in the case of Isaac though and more spiky hair I think, I don't want to deter from his essence

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
What’s the book cover gotta be Ivan? I think I could contribute to that in some way.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I would contact Stoic on that or maybe ask for a commission on an artist you like! I can also help but depends really on what style you are looking for

Those are adorable, I would leave the leggings in the case of Isaac though and more spiky hair I think, I don't want to deter from his essence
What’s the book cover gotta be Ivan? I think I could contribute to that in some way.
Well the cover style would greatly depend on the artist that accepts to help me lol.

I have 2 styles I’d like.

1. A simple artistic cover with a mirror in the center (since I’m calling it Golden Sun: The Chromatic Mirror)

Or

2. A cover depicting the 4 protagonists with a backdrop (maybe a nature backdrop)

I like the idea of the second one, but that’s purely on the artists ability to create characters nearly from scratch.

The first option would be the simplest. And that would be perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I'll make some fanart for Sunday, I'll have to work twice as hard since I'm no good at all :demon:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I got something in the works too for Golden Sunday. Hoping it will be ready by then!

I am willing to do anything I can to get this Operation moving!

I have lost quite a few wonderful games I loved to obscurity. I'm NOT going to lose Golden Sun to it too!

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Well the cover style would greatly depend on the artist that accepts to help me lol.

I have 2 styles I’d like.

1. A simple artistic cover with a mirror in the center (since I’m calling it Golden Sun: The Chromatic Mirror)

Or

2. A cover depicting the 4 protagonists with a backdrop (maybe a nature backdrop)

I like the idea of the second one, but that’s purely on the artists ability to create characters nearly from scratch.

The first option would be the simplest. And that would be perfectly fine.
I could help you with it I am busy this weekend with a con so I will upload something simple for Golden Sunday, but after that I am free and we can discuss your expectations ~

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I could help you with it I am busy this weekend with a con so I will upload something simple for Golden Sunday, but after that I am free and we can discuss your expectations ~
Awesome! For now I’ll probs just use a PH cover since I hope to at least get a couple of chapters ready by Golden Sunday.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
For Golden Sunday I think I might do another Golden Sun fanart, but I'm kinda unsure if I can finish it in time
(I also want this one to be better than the last drawing I posted on here).

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
For Golden Sunday I was planning on recording some track arrangements and/or showing off the beginnings of some of them I have in the works.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
For Golden Sunday I think I might do another Golden Sun fanart, but I'm kinda unsure if I can finish it in time
(I also want this one to be better than the last drawing I posted on here).
You could always post your WIP that day.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
no
no
no
no
NUUUU!!!

By the Golden sun, don’t give people any ideas!

View attachment 176218
Something like this?

View attachment 176219Or like this?

Gioka Gioka That should give you an idea! :)
F4C2D5C8-155A-480E-821E-2BA007A21211.gif

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
You could always post your WIP that day.
That's true, I guess I could do that. It's just ideally I would want it to be done and ready by the time of the movement.
Actually speaking of which, you got any ideas on what my support art should be? I'm kinda having art-block at the moment.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
That's true, I guess I could do that. It's just ideally I would want it to be done and ready by the time of the movement.
Actually speaking of which, you got any ideas on what my support art should be? I'm kinda having art-block at the moment.
Hmmm well fan art always typically ends up being the same things (artwork of Golden Sun protags) so you could either do that or try something more unique?

Maybe draw your own Djinni?

You could also try abstract artwork.

There’s all kinds of options, really, just depends on what you like to do.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hmmm well fan art always typically ends up being the same things (artwork of Golden Sun protags) so you could either do that or try something more unique?

Maybe draw some Shadow and Light based Djinns as Dark Dawn has mentioned.

Plus, hosting contests for the fan art drawings would increase the community and fanbase morale.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
no
no
no
no
NUUUU!!!

By the Golden sun, don’t give people any ideas!

View attachment 176234
You underestimate the power rule 63 can have on a fandom revival ahaha I did say I am going to cosplay their Canon versions as well!
Awesome! For now I’ll probs just use a PH cover since I hope to at least get a couple of chapters ready by Golden Sunday.
I understand that! But yes after this weekend we can discuss that and I will have it as fast as possible!

What would you guys think of a Golden Sun fanbook/fanzine?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Those are pretty good options, I think I'm starting to brainstorm some ideas
I'll probably do updates on my twitter just to let you know.

Rick4Smash

Smash Rookie
Best bet is to make Isaac some kind of meme, or to relay this information to an author of a popular manga. If it's not transmigrated into something Sakurai can either understand or be fond of, Isaac has 0% chance of getting into Smash Ultimate as part of some kind of hypothetical DLC/fighter pass 2. I think Isaac even has a worse chance than most DLC because of the general fatigue of Sword users (sadly). The only way I see Isaac becoming a fighter is if Fighter Pass 2 emerges and if it's based strictly on fan popularity/votes, and that would all be contingent on the success of Smash Bros on the switch and the lifespan of the console.

Luckily, there is one thing to be hopeful for, and that's the fact that Ultimate is being released less than a year into the Switch consoles lifespan. Which would mean, if current sales hold, and given the fact there is no modern handheld alternative, it's likely that the Switch will be in the market till at least 2021-2ish.
I could see a scenario with a Fighter Pass 2 that would be based solely on fan interest to hype the game till the end of the consoles lifespan. Since micro-transactions and cloud storage seem to be the future, I could also see Ultimate transitioning into Smash 6, being simply a port with additional fighters/stages, because things are becoming more ephemeralized, and physical consoles are on there way out soon . Sakurai has made it very clear that he is tired of this game, but it's one of Nintendo's best sellers, so it'll likely be around for at the very least to make money off paid DLC in the future.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Maybe draw some Shadow and Light based Djinns as Dark Dawn has mentioned.

Plus, hosting contests for the fan art drawings would increase the community and fanbase morale.
OH, that's also a good one!
You don't really see a lot fanart of Light and Shadow Djinns.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Guys did you see today's memory was ARMS? It only has AT and Mii Costume representation as of now, could it mean more for ATs? Maybe I am reading too much but it seems to be a hint toward upgrades

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Guys did you see today's memory was ARMS? It only has AT and Mii Costume representation as of now, could it mean more for ATs? Maybe I am reading too much but it seems to be a hint toward upgrades
Huh... that is interesting. All the memories up to this point have been related to an actual fighter.

I don’t think it hints at upgrades tho. Maybe they’re just running out of games to showcase and decided to include games Assists debuted in.

So who knows. Maybe we’ll get a Golden Sun memory.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Huh... that is interesting. All the memories up to this point have been related to an actual fighter.

I don’t think it hints at upgrades tho. Maybe they’re just running out of games to showcase and decided to include games Assists debuted in.

I agree but they could just not put memories anymore as well.. Anyways, I find it curious that they started with one everyone thought could be DLC. I do hope we get a Golden Sun memory next for ATs

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

That's not fully accurate. Sukapon did have a memory as well. I also think that Golden Sun will likely get a memory, too, when Isaac goes up.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Alright, guys. I'm back at it again.

I decided to try my hand at coding again and created a forum called Operation Golden Sunrise (I didn't know what name we all decided on).

It's still in the rough stages of development, but it's stable enough to house in a few members and posts. The forum is organized similar to the Discord server, so it shouldn't be too hard to navigate through. I also added a few links to all other Golden-Sun related sites.

You can find the forum here.

What do you guys think so far?

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Hello everyone,

Like I previously said, I did a mockup of the idea I had in my mind about the potential showcase website we would need for the operation.

Before going in, remember it's only a mockup to get a raw idea. There's a lot of things to precise before its content will be ready (color themes, text content, etc.), and even more before we put it for real on the web (what tool do we use, where to host it, the domain name).

There it is:
https://sites.google.com/view/operation-golden-sunrise/

A few notes on the design and the content:
  • Color themes will need to be chosen, however I'm already pleased with the general look of different parts with different colors. I'm really feeling we should keep the same look-and-feel.
  • Artworks and videos are here as example. We will have to ask the permission to use them before going live.
  • In my mind, the "fan content" part near the bottom would be a carousel with randomized content picked in a defined list
  • I could see the "join us" part beoing static, always visible on the top of everything else. We could add a Twitter thread of a specific account or a specific hashtag.
  • I also could see a little music player, with 3 or 4 selected and authorized remixes made by fans
  • If we want to get further, we could use some styling effects, like a "parallax effect" in it too. Or a mouse one on some pictures.
  • Ideally, we want it to be multilingual. European languages because Isaac is especially strong in Europe. And Japanese would be a strong addition.
  • Last point, we need a strong search engine optimization (SEO) to be well referenced in Google and such.
The live website won't use Google website, because it's not customizable enough. The tool we will use to make it real, the hosting service and the domain name will come in a second time (and knowing who will do all of this too). For now, your feedback is appreciated.

(BTW, to those who ask why there's latin everywhere, see this.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I decided to try my hand at coding again and created a forum called Operation Golden Sunrise (I didn't know what name we all decided on).

It's still in the rough stages of development, but it's stable enough to house in a few members and posts. The forum is organized similar to the Discord server, so it shouldn't be too hard to navigate through. I also added a few links to all other Golden-Sun related sites.

So what type of forum structure is this? I'm thinking that it would be best to put this on the same server as the website itself.

Hello everyone,

Like I previously said, I did a mockup of the idea I had in my mind about the potential showcase website we would need for the operation.

Before going in, remember it's only a mockup to get a raw idea. There's a lot of things to precise before its content will be ready (color themes, text content, etc.), and even more before we put it for real on the web (what tool do we use, where to host it, the domain name).

There it is:
https://sites.google.com/view/operation-golden-sunrise/

A few notes on the design and the content:
  • Color themes will need to be chosen, however I'm already pleased with the general look of different parts with different colors. I'm really feeling we should keep the same look-and-feel.
  • Artworks and videos are here as example. We will have to ask the permission to use them before going live.
  • In my mind, the "fan content" part near the bottom would be a carousel with randomized content picked in a defined list
  • I could see the "join us" part beoing static, always visible on the top of everything else. We could add a Twitter thread of a specific account or a specific hashtag.
  • I also could see a little music player, with 3 or 4 selected and authorized remixes made by fans
  • If we want to get further, we could use some styling effects, like a "parallax effect" in it too. Or a mouse one on some pictures.
  • Ideally, we want it to be multilingual. European languages because Isaac is especially strong in Europe. And Japanese would be a strong addition.
  • Last point, we need a strong search engine optimization (SEO) to be well referenced in Google and such.
The live website won't use Google website, because it's not customizable enough. The tool we will use to make it real, the hosting service and the domain name will come in a second time (and knowing who will do all of this too). For now, your feedback is appreciated.

(BTW, to those who ask why there's latin everywhere, see this.)
Yeah, I think the "general look and feel" is fine. It just needs to be more GS themed in general, with the backgrounds and color scheme and the like. Layout is great, though.

I have a web server FYI. I could host it temporarily if needed.

D

Deleted member

There really should just be one GS website if y'all wanna consolidate

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace

To get a more widespread community, I really think we should avoid additionnal and specific forum. Specific forum will require a specific account, and needing to create an account is one of the best thing to make people who are not too much involved to stop joining our cause. There's a reason if sales websites usually put the account creation only at the very end of the purchase workflow.

I really think we should use a widespread and existing tool, like a new subreddit or a Facebook page. Additionnally, not only these plateforms already have a lot of people on it, they will inspire more confidence than an obscure forum, and they already include a lot of useful tools. Just click on "like this page" or "subscribe to this sub", and you're in. Simple as that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

an Operation Sunrise subreddit would be far easier to create and maintain, and it's a larger platform. I think you guys should go for that with some offshoot Twitter accounts and Facebook pages as well

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
an Operation Sunrise subreddit would be far easier to create and maintain, and it's a larger platform. I think you guys should go for that with some offshoot Twitter accounts and Facebook pages as well
Yeah I agree with this. I don't think a forum is a great idea in general. Discord and Reddit can handle this well enough.

Top Bottom