• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
So what kind of website are people looking for? Wordpress is general pretty good all around. Dunno if anyone has a design in mind but its not hard to throw together a quick Wordpress site.
Woah. You're a web developer? Well heck...I don't really know what we should do for this movement lol. I say you do what you're comfortable with, show the folks here when you're done with the initial draft, and take feedback from there. If you're serious about that prospect.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I am willing to take the lead role in the Smash Ultimate Pro Scene when the game launches. I am going to cosplay as Isaac at every venue I go to and I will carry a banner that will encourage others to support a Golden Sun revival and bring Isaac into smash as dlc or in smash 6. I am going to start a twitch and youtube account under the pro name of Solar. I have experience in the smash pro scene since brawl, so I will place in the top 8 or top 16 to get the viewers attention. I will rally the pro smash players and let them know of our movement. That is the role I would love to lead in. Of course you guys got my full on support here and anywhere else you guys set up for our movement. Everyone cool with allowing me to do this?
I too plan on doing things in the competitive scene. I wanted to go to Smash 4 tournaments during that game's heyday, but never had time to. Now, though, I just have to play Ultimate competitively. I'll do my best to talk up GS at tournaments and I'll try to see if I can get GS mercy to wear whenever I go so that people will take notice of the movement. I've got to do my part.

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
He's referring to the fan event coming in the next few days.
Ah MB lol
Yeah I do know, I don't really use much twitter, I'm more of a Facebook guy, tough I guess I'll put and use to that account, posting images of my GBA and the GS games, is the best I can do.

On a side note, I think we doing a kind of fangame or even a romhack would certainly led the community to increase as whole, I guess.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I was busy for the last few days...

How is the thread looking now?
Edit: Jeez 800.. tl;dr.
We're focusing on pressing on and pushing GS into a revival.

Whether as a smash character, or a game itself.

Wanna join us for Golden Sunday? A day to celebrate Golden Sun's NA release and show Nintendo how many fans want it back?

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Good to see support on Twitter blowing up even now. Keep it up everyone!

I saw a post on I think ResetERA pointing out how with Chrom, if we had seen Robin's final smash or victory poses before his reveal everyone would have written him off as deconfirmed. Yet Chrom is playable as well as those other things. This is just more points for the argument for ATs getting promoted. They wouldn't even need to be deactivated for the character to become a fighter. If Robin can summon Chrom to final smash Chrom and a Mii fighter dressed as Chrom and celebrate on the victory screen with Chrom, then why can't Isaac be fighting and summon another Isaac as an AT?

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Well, now that we know all of the characters, there is really no point to speculation. Especially since its very unpredictable now after Piranha Plant.

Look forward to playing the game with a lot of you though
I guess if nobody is set on any specific characters having a great shot, it may be a bit easier to speculate on Isaac and give him some more publicity, regardless of his chances.

Woah. You're a web developer? Well heck...I don't really know what we should do for this movement lol. I say you do what you're comfortable with, show the folks here when you're done with the initial draft, and take feedback from there. If you're serious about that prospect.
I mean, you don't even really have to be a web developer to make a Wordpress or something similar. Things like that usually have user-friendly editing environments; to my knowledge there is no coding and such that is necessary, just a little bit of creativity and knack for aesthetic to make it look good.

So what kind of website are people looking for? Wordpress is general pretty good all around. Dunno if anyone has a design in mind but its not hard to throw together a quick Wordpress site.
It wasn't my idea so I don't wanna speak for anybody else, but I imagine would be a good idea to have links to this thread and any relevant Twitter accounts out there supporting Isaac in Smash and bringing GS back. Maybe links to Billybae10K Billybae10K 's videos about Isaac and his Let's Play of GS1+2. Sort of as a hub to connect everything. There should probably also be some general information about what Golden Sun is and why it is so great; at the very least link to some pages from the GS Wiki for people to find out about the game. Mention on there that the games are available on the Wii U Virtual Console (man, would it help us out if VC was on Switch too). We could compile some of the Isaac movesets people have made and turn it into a gallery of sorts. Fill out the website pages with fanart and stuff to make it look pretty. There is actually a lot of stuff that could go into a Golden Sun website.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
If only I had a twitter... ugh. I'm just too lazy to make one. :(
We're focusing on pressing on and pushing GS into a revival.

Whether as a smash character, or a game itself.

Wanna join us for Golden Sunday? A day to celebrate Golden Sun's NA release and show Nintendo how many fans want it back?
Golden Sunday? And I would hope we can get more than just a game. ;) You know?

I saw a post on I think ResetERA pointing out how with Chrom, if we had seen Robin's final smash or victory poses before his reveal everyone would have written him off as deconfirmed. Yet Chrom is playable as well as those other things. This is just more points for the argument for ATs getting promoted. They wouldn't even need to be deactivated for the character to become a fighter. If Robin can summon Chrom to final smash Chrom and a Mii fighter dressed as Chrom and celebrate on the victory screen with Chrom, then why can't Isaac be fighting and summon another Isaac as an AT?
*mind blown gesture*

TappyBat

Smash Ace

Exactly! but then you have idiots saying it can't happen cause it's never happened before >.>

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not really great at design. But yeah, I literally make my living developing websites. I tend to work more on the backend code though. Delving into PHP and the like. I can throw together a quick wordpress website, but I am very busy during the week regardless. So I dunno if I'd be able to get up a nice looking website by Golden Sunday. Again, I can throw something together really quick, but it wouldn't be anything fancy.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
milestones everywhere and no one's around to see them.
Tone down the negativity, this races are more of resistance and patience than anything else~
If we do indeed launch it through WordPress I can help, I know a bit of WordPress and HTML as well
I'm not really great at design. But yeah, I literally make my living developing websites. I tend to work more on the backend code though. Delving into PHP and the like. I can throw together a quick wordpress website, but I am very busy during the week regardless. So I dunno if I'd be able to get up a nice looking website by Golden Sunday. Again, I can throw something together really quick, but it wouldn't be anything fancy.
I say we better wait and launch the operation one instead and we can make the Golden Sunday an inner movement there along with other relevant dates we could make social media movement, I am more focused on the design part of the web development so if you need help you can count me in for that

D

Deleted member

A lot of us kinda hit a dud moment after the Direct when we realized what had happened and we're still trying to figure out exactly what constitutes the DLC... or even if it'll just be those five fighters. So, again, we don't know what the future holds. It could be so bright we will be needing shades.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I would also like to suggest something for Golden Sunday. Rather, after we do so. Make it either a weekly or monthly deal. That way, we keep Golden Sun constantly fresh in the minds of people. Let them know it is still desired. Or something along those lines.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I would also like to suggest something for Golden Sunday. Rather, after we do so. Make it either a weekly or monthly deal. That way, we keep Golden Sun constantly fresh in the minds of people. Let them know it is still desired. Or something along those lines.
That could get exhausting and lead to diminishing returns event over event. We need to be more concentrated with these sort of gatherings. Maybe 3 or 4 times a year. But monthly will only eventually kill momentum counter intuitively, as a direct result of fandom burn out. Remember, we're a fairly small active community. So it can take a while to get everyone on the same page. It's not the same as if a mario fan just makes a meme and suddenly the whole community knows when it blows up.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac does somehow shatter that fan rule and gets a DLC spot, it will probably be one of the hypest reveals ever because nobody will see it coming. Heck, potential leakers might not even get it because of the existence of his AT will throw them off.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I think that is way too frequent, producing content isn't too easy and memories and whatnots related to games can only last so much with only 3 games on our sleeve, we could, however, make it a three time a year thing, for example (one per each game for example?) Just throwing the idea out there.

If Isaac does somehow shatter that fan rule and gets a DLC spot, it will probably be one of the hypest reveals ever because nobody will see it coming. Heck, potential leakers might not even get it because of the existence of his AT will throw them off.
I need this in this lifetime tbh, I just want to see him in, his trailer being epic, GS fans rejoicing everywhere even if we are normally apart and silent, everyone's mouths either shut or agape, tears of joy finally filling all of us. Just thinking in how much happiness that would bring to people I have come to respect or even love around here makes me incredibly hopeful and I surely hope Sakurai breaks this particular fan rule

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
If the dlc comes and goes and we are still not represented. I would like to imagine that given that tools were probably baked in at a code level to produce clones, that modding in fully orignal characters will be substantially easier this time than ever before due to that. Simply due to clones playing a far greater role in ultimate than all other smash games. And if that happens, it falls on our community to produce a mod worth downloading, sporting an interesting move set.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
True, doing it weekly/monthly would get tiring. Hmm...How about this: 4 times a year (with the exception of anniversaries maybe) where we show off our favorite adept of each element during each different season.

For example:
•March-Spring=Venus: Isaac, Felix, Matthew, Himi, etc.

•June-Summer=Mars: Garet, Jenna, Tyrell, Eoleo, etc.

•Sept.-Fall=Jupiter: Ivan, Sheba, Karst, Syveta, etc.

•Dec.-Winter=Mercury: Mia, Piers, Rief, Amiti, etc.

Again, that's just an example. It would only be for one day we do it for each of these 4 as to not be overloaded. But also show that the 4 elements are very crucial to Golden Sun. One of the many things I loved about the game was the elements themselves.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
True, doing it weekly/monthly would get tiring. Hmm...How about this: 4 times a year (with the exception of anniversaries maybe) where we show off our favorite adept of each element during each different season.

For example:
•March-Spring=Venus: Isaac, Felix, Matthew, Himi, etc.

•June-Summer=Mars: Garet, Jenna, Tyrell, Eoleo, etc.

•Sept.-Fall=Jupiter: Ivan, Sheba, Karst, Syveta, etc.

•Dec.-Winter=Mercury: Mia, Piers, Rief, Amiti, etc.

Again, that's just an example. It would only be for one day we do it for each of these 4 as to not be overloaded. But also show that the 4 elements are very crucial to Golden Sun. One of the many things I loved about the game was the elements themselves.
I love this idea! And other adept related things! For example what we did a couple hundred pages back of which adept would you be and stuff. I think all of those activities are really nice and that (if) when we launch the Operation's website we can put sort of a calendar of activities for those kind of things. That way we can have a place where we can actually explain them without the limitations social media like twitter puts on us

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
What I purposed was a whole website made from scratch, because I'm a web developer and perfectly can handle it. WordPress sites are easier to make, but doesn't have the "customizability" a website made from scratch can have.
I was willing to make this website but, first, I'm not a web designer so I'll try to do my best but it probably could be more sexy if someone have these skills and, second point, if someone know how to make a good looking WordPress, it can be easier and quicker.

I already have a lot of idea for that website, let me a bit of time, I'll try to draw the big lines before tomorrow. And like I said, if someone have skills in web design, I'll happily take the help.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Weekly might be a bit too much.

Not only would people have to come up with fresh content every week, as Gioka Gioka pointed out (though this is by no means not doable), the more frequent you make it the more you run the risk of aggravating people who would otherwise support you.

Hmm...

With Team Smash you can have... Robin with Chrom, Chrom by himself and "The Chrome from the Fire Embull" all on the screen at once, both in the match and on the results screen.

And people think it'll be a problem if Assist Trophies get upgraded? :laugh:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
As cool as it is that folks are sticking to the grindstone. It’s really disappointing that much of our community have distanced themselves. They’re entirely justified for doing so. But this of all times is the time that calls for action most.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I have to let this off my chest, but honestly I don't think I ever been this obsessed over Isaac and Golden Sun since I was a little kid back in Elementary and Middle School. I really want Isaac to be upgraded from assist to playable, I think he honestly deserves to be in the roster, even though my friend argues that no character "deserves" to be in the game, it's up to Sakurai to pick a character. To some extent I agree, but Smash bros is about celebrating Nintendo franchises and other famous gaming icons. Golden Sun is one of the best selling RPG games on the Gameboy Advance, it was a big part during that time. Many fans like myself would like to see this series return again and be introduced to new audience who have never got the chance to play this gem.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
As cool as it is that folks are sticking to the grindstone. It’s really disappointing that much of our community have distanced themselves. They’re entirely justified for doing so. But this of all times is the time that calls for action most.
It's the same for most "deconfirmed" fandoms right now. That Direct was a complete bloodbath.

But on November 11th, we shall rally and improve our numbers. The main thing right now is not to give up. If we do, Isaac will always be an AT.

It's up to us to make as much noise with our positive supportive campaign to convince Nintendo Isaac's IP is notable

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have to let this off my chest, but honestly I don't think I ever been this obsessed over Isaac and Golden Sun since I was a little kid back in Elementary and Middle School. I really want Isaac to be upgraded from assist to playable, I think he honestly deserves to be in the roster, even though my friend argues that no character "deserves" to be in the game, it's up to Sakurai to pick a character. To some extent I agree, but Smash bros is about celebrating Nintendo franchises and other famous gaming icons. Golden Sun is one of the best selling RPG games on the Gameboy Advance, it was a big part during that time. Many fans like myself would like to see this series return again wand be introduced to new audience who have never got the chance to play this gem.
It's important to remember the "introduction to new audiences" aspect.

How many people were introduced to Fire Emblem through Smash? The percentage is pretty high, that's for sure (I myself am one of the lucky few who had an encounter with FE before Melee came out).

I was introduced to well... let's see...
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Metroid
  • Star Fox
  • Kirby games beyond the first one and Dream Course
  • The Mother Series
  • F-Zero
  • Dr. Mario
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
...via Smash, while others still (like Olimar) adjusted my perception about what their series was actually about (my sister was convinced that Pikmin was a Pokémon knock-off, and me being a dumb kid took her word for it, neither of us had actually played the game).

While I haven't given as much attention to quite a few of these games as others (I've barely touched Metroid, Mother, F-Zero, Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers or Pikmin; and the only Star Fox game I've played is the one Star Fox game that isn't even actually a Star Fox game at all [Adventure]), I have certainly come to appreciate the characters themselves.

Smash has an incredible ability to introduce you to new series, and open your eyes to ones you had previously written off.
It's the same for most "deconfirmed" fandoms right now. That Direct was a complete bloodbath.

But on November 11th, we shall rally and improve our numbers. The main thing right now is not to give up. If we do, Isaac will always be an AT.

It's up to us to make as much noise with our positive supportive campaign to convince Nintendo Isaac's IP is notable
Well said, Tetiro.

For people engaging in wider communities than I do; make noise, but do so in a positive and productive manner. We don't want to tarnish our reputation.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
The second game ended on such a massive cliffhanger, the fans NEEDED closure, they couldn't let their beloved series end as such. And they succeeded, the renewed interest for the series and made the impossible, possible, Zero time Dilemma came to be.

Now... The game ended up being rather mediocre because the creator wanted to do something else as the old script made for the third game back then didn't interest him anymore, but that's another matter.
I might be in the minority, but I really enjoyed Zero Time Dilemma A LOT - even more than Virtue's Last Reward (the 2nd game).

Hopefully we get some Golden Sun news in the next Direct. Maybe remakes of the old games?

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I might be in the minority, but I really enjoyed Zero Time Dilemma A LOT - even more than Virtue's Last Reward (the 2nd game).

Hopefully we get some Golden Sun news in the next Direct. Maybe remakes of the old games?
Yeah I thought the game was fine, but cleaely some decisions in the development were questionnable to say the least.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
With Golden Sunday we can promote awesome fan content what a better way to segway into talking about the music for the games such as GaMetal(Jonny Atma) wonderful Metal Covers
And there are many others that I'll just post links too instead of putting the video up but just showing people how awesome the music is helps alot as well even get some good musicians on our cause by spreading around there stuff
https://youtu.be/zxz0H6EcoKI
https://youtu.be/ar7KoyNOg-E
https://youtu.be/3q0pgm3LUcc
https://youtu.be/2N_xhZce5TE
Another thing these guys have patreons we can request golden sun songs helping our cause more by exposing people to the awesome music but we need to ask for more then Isaac's theme finding these made me realize how annoyed I can get with it we need to ask for other songs remix dark dawn stuff we can't be selective about what games we support it's all 3 or die

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
With Golden Sunday we can promote awesome fan content what a better way to segway into talking about the music for the games such as GaMetal(Jonny Atma) wonderful Metal Covers
And there are many others that I'll just post links too instead of putting the video up but just showing people how awesome the music is helps alot as well even get some good musicians on our cause by spreading around there stuff
https://youtu.be/zxz0H6EcoKI
https://youtu.be/ar7KoyNOg-E
https://youtu.be/3q0pgm3LUcc
https://youtu.be/2N_xhZce5TE
Another thing these guys have patreons we can request golden sun songs helping our cause more by exposing people to the awesome music but we need to ask for more then Isaac's theme finding these made me realize how annoyed I can get with it we need to ask for other songs remix dark dawn stuff we can't be selective about what games we support it's all 3 or die
What the hell, I knew about his sick Saturos battle remix but how the hell did I miss the other ones!?

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Wouldn't this be something. We’re gearing up for a revolution and then this... lol

I highly doubt we’ll get anything GS related in the upcoming direct... but I’d love to be wrong.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
What the hell, I knew about his sick Saturos battle remix but how the hell did I miss the other ones!?
I'm a big fan of his so I never miss a thing and also some more golden sun music this ones funny
And some more rock
https://youtu.be/0KExdqMF38Y
The music is abundant sadly there's just not a lot of variety mostly because everybody's favorite song is Isaac's theme

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The Isaac for Smash Ultimate Twitter account informing us of Golden Sunday uses the hashtag #BringGoldenSunBack but I've seen some other supporters in the movement using the #BringBackGoldenSun.

Same thing but different wording which may make it harder to trend. I'll go with the first one since that's what's on the Twitter infographic about Golden Sunday. It does make me wonder what other hashtags are worded differently like that. We could have the numbers that day to trend, but if everyone's using different hashtags could be a hindrance in that endeavor.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
But golden suns music spoke to people otherwise I don't feel the series would be remembered as fondly it's just one of those elements that made the whole experience perfect

OPeke!

Smash Rookie
The Isaac for Smash Ultimate Twitter account informing us of Golden Sunday uses the hashtag #BringGoldenSunBack but I've seen some other supporters in the movement using the #BringBackGoldenSun.

Same thing but different wording which may make it harder to trend. I'll go with the first one since that's what's on the Twitter infographic about Golden Sunday. It does make me wonder what other hashtags are worded differently like that. We could have the numbers that day to trend, but if everyone's using different hashtags could be a hindrance in that endeavor.
There is also Isaac4Smash and IsaacForSmash. I will be using #GoldenSun and #GoldenSunday for sure, the other tags i will decide in order to the trend.

Top Bottom