• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Ok, it sounded strange to talk about that on a smash forum, both of Robin tomes and Levyn sword can break, the sword is replace by a normal bronze sword.
In Path of Radiance, Soren game, he can only use knives and there is no Sword whit thunder/fire properties.

Shin F.

Smash Master
To be more specific, if you use a Smash Attack on ground or in the air, he uses the Levin Sword instead of his Bronze Sword. The Levin Sword breaks after a certain number of uses, which leaves him with just the Bronze Sword for a while. He has a harder time KO'ing when the Levin Sword is broken, since it leaves all of his Smashes much weaker. The Tomes are just for his specials and his jab, I believe.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about the King K Rool reveal trailer and how it's similar to the Pacman reveal trailer back in Smash 4.

In the Pacman trailer, they went through the different colors of the characters on the roster and at the end showed the missing color, yellow. (Even though Pikachu's yellow but whatever)

In the K Rool trailer, they went through all the original characters' rivals that are in the game and at the end showed the missing rival, Donkey Kong's rival.

So if there's an Isaac trailer it would be pretty cool if at the beginning they teased it by showing Fire, Water, and Thunder, and then filled in Earth with Isaac.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
The site did exist but it was taken down, and got replaced by something bland on the nintendo page, just mentioning the game there, nothing serious (and I am not sure how long this existed there either).

By the way the official Lost Age site got also taken down, and we lost the trailer from it, but I had a very lower quality one uploaded on youtube from my old phone I had as a kid, some might have not seen it, so I post the link for anyone to enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxt49184wo
OH SNAP DUDE!!! THANK YOU!!!! I've wanted to rewatch this again. I thought that video was lost to the ages.

The original Golden Sun also had a flash video like that from Nintendo's official website for that game, where Isaac himself summarized the prologue of the game, with a voice actor playing him.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I was thinking about the King K Rool reveal trailer and how it's similar to the Pacman reveal trailer back in Smash 4.

In the Pacman trailer, they went through the different colors of the characters on the roster and at the end showed the missing color, yellow. (Even though Pikachu's yellow but whatever)

In the K Rool trailer, they went through all the original characters' rivals that are in the game and at the end showed the missing rival, Donkey Kong's rival.

So if there's an Isaac trailer it would be pretty cool if at the beginning they teased it by showing Fire, Water, and Thunder, and then filled in Earth with Isaac.
I just pictured it, and realized it could end up being a huge troll for Lycanroc fans. Think about it, Fire could be somebody like Mario or Roy, but it could also be Charizard. Water would most certainly be Squirtle or Greninja, and the first choice for Thunder would probably be Pikachu (who else could it be? ZSS? Robin?).

Imagine getting all Pokémon representing the elements, and at the end Flint just comes in and BAM Isaac.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
OH SNAP DUDE!!! THANK YOU!!!! I've wanted to rewatch this again. I thought that video was lost to the ages.

The original Golden Sun also had a flash video like that from Nintendo's official website for that game, where Isaac himself summarized the prologue of the game, with a voice actor playing him.
I really want to see this just so I can hear how Isaac sounds like aside from his assist trophy from Brawl. Did he have a British accent?

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Lurker here since the Ultimate Announcement. I love the Golden Sun games to death. When I was a kid I didn't have a gameboy advanced, but a friend gave me a disc with a bunch of games on it (I didn't realize they had been pirated at the time) and Golden Sun was one of them. I must have played and replayed Golden Sun 15 times, and I loved every second of it (I now own all 3 of the Golden Sun games).

Add me to that list of supporters for Isaac. We've never been so close to getting him playable. I'm hoping to get Isaac as a fighter (I don't dare hope for an Echo fighter, but it would obviously be Felix), Saturos and Menardi as a boss pair at the top of Venus lighthouse, and possibly the Djinn added in as a new Pokeball style item.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I have to completely agree, that would be so awesome to see a Sun, Moon and Stars trailer for Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno.
As awesome as a trailer as that would be (Mostly because it confirms three characters I want in the game still), there is no precedent for Sakurai showing off multiple characters from different series in the same trailer. The only characters that have shown back up have been previously confirmed ones. I think Sakurai knows that it takes away from not only the character, but the fans who love the character and want to see what he does with the animations surrounding them. Everything they've been doing with character trailers since Smash 4 was revealed has been absolutely phenomenal. They've been great little What If Nintendo moments and the sort of animation lots of us only dream of.

That said, the core of each trailer is always the newcomer. Emphasizes what makes them special as a new addition and showing off their personality. Rather than a text box on a trophy that may never be read, the newcomer trailers are an amazing way of showing off the actual characterization of a character for people who don't actually know the character that well. We're not talking anything super deep, but we are showing off what the character is about and comes from most of the time. That's a great way to introduce new players to characters they may not know, and a wonderful nod to fans of the character.

Thus, I don't see any unique newcomers not getting their own trailer. There's too much fan service in the newcomer trailers to try to force two, or three together from completely different series or universes. Plus, aside from the whole Isaac is playable part of the trailer which is always going to be awesome, would you really be satisfied with one (And I'm just referring to the trailer here, because yes, we'll take playable Isaac no matter what) that had him sharing so much of the spotlight?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's nice how much this thread has blown up in the past few days. We're really taking off now. It's pretty much just us and Geno from the old characters now. I hope we both make it!

Last edited:

Smash Lord
It's nice how much this thread has blown up in the past few days. We're really taking off now. It's pretty much just us and Geno from the old characters now. I hope we both make it!
Skull Kid has also been getting alot of activity recently as well. Anyway it looks like Geno, Skull Kid and Isaac are the top contenders for the long requested slot at this point

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Skull Kid has also been getting alot of activity recently as well. Anyway it looks like Geno, Skull Kid and Isaac are the top contenders for the long requested slot at this point
This game has been pandering pretty big time to long standing requests, I don't think we have to worry about the most up-and-coming characters crushing our chances anymore. I think it's pretty likely we could get both Isaac and Geno. I'm not sold on Skull Kid yet, but the moon thing is pretty weird.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
What kills skull kid chances is that his final smash would definitely be the moon, and yet the moon is already confirmed AT. Just my guess but still worth considering I think.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Geno has Sakurai's approval, Skull Kid has the Loz leak, the Moon AT, and his own absence. Isaac has his old AT absent yet again and possibly the fact that the usually lower-placing Shovel Knight got in as an AT. It's still an uphill battle and competition is going to be stiff all around, so I'm really hoping the fact that he hasn't shown as an AT means more than just ripping the band-aid off slowly.

It's not at all impossible that they'll all get high priority since they're all popular but delicate with irrelevance that would normally keep them out. The Golden Sun needs just a little more momentum for its chance to rise and shine again. I know that many people still aren't sold on it being a possibility, but as long as Isaac continues to stay away from AT purgatory, he's never truly out of it. The supporters that have come as of late show that they not only care, but they also believe that much.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Alternate take on recent developments: with the ballot having proven important, any characters presumed to have done well should at minimum have been disconfirmed by now. If Isaac did well but was not to be developed, he surely should have had his AT shown by now to mitigate disappointment like with several others (Waluigi, Ashley, etc). It seems to me he's either in or he did much worse on the ballot than expected, and if this thread is any indication, it shouldnt be the latter.

Smash Lord
This game has been pandering pretty big time to long standing requests, I don't think we have to worry about the most up-and-coming characters crushing our chances anymore. I think it's pretty likely we could get both Isaac and Geno. I'm not sold on Skull Kid yet, but the moon thing is pretty weird.
The Skull Kids fans suggested that his final Smash could be Majora's Wrath but personally I don't think that it's as iconic to his character as the moon. Skull Kid is really popular though. I remember him topping a large 2012 Smash poll

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Alternate take on recent developments: with the ballot having proven important, any characters presumed to have done well should at minimum have been disconfirmed by now. If Isaac did well but was not to be developed, he surely should have had his AT shown by now to mitigate disappointment like with several others (Waluigi, Ashley, etc). It seems to me he's either in or he did much worse on the ballot than expected, and if this thread is any indication, it shouldnt be the latter.
With nearly every poll suggesting he was at least top 20 if not better, there's no way he did poorly. I'm confident in that. When there are still 11-19 ATs left to show, he's not out of the woods yet, but you may honestly be right. It should've been dealt with by now.

Hopefully everybody who's disconfirmed from here on out were the characters who had low odds to begin with. It seems with the remaining 16 Smash 4 ATs, only 3 have good odds of being promoted (Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid). Let's hope that either 53 is the end or the remaining ATs afterwards are brand new.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
As awesome as a trailer as that would be (Mostly because it confirms three characters I want in the game still), there is no precedent for Sakurai showing off multiple characters from different series in the same trailer. The only characters that have shown back up have been previously confirmed ones. I think Sakurai knows that it takes away from not only the character, but the fans who love the character and want to see what he does with the animations surrounding them. Everything they've been doing with character trailers since Smash 4 was revealed has been absolutely phenomenal. They've been great little What If Nintendo moments and the sort of animation lots of us only dream of.

That said, the core of each trailer is always the newcomer. Emphasizes what makes them special as a new addition and showing off their personality. Rather than a text box on a trophy that may never be read, the newcomer trailers are an amazing way of showing off the actual characterization of a character for people who don't actually know the character that well. We're not talking anything super deep, but we are showing off what the character is about and comes from most of the time. That's a great way to introduce new players to characters they may not know, and a wonderful nod to fans of the character.

Thus, I don't see any unique newcomers not getting their own trailer. There's too much fan service in the newcomer trailers to try to force two, or three together from completely different series or universes. Plus, aside from the whole Isaac is playable part of the trailer which is always going to be awesome, would you really be satisfied with one (And I'm just referring to the trailer here, because yes, we'll take playable Isaac no matter what) that had him sharing so much of the spotlight?
Than, I can absolutely understand why it would deviate from the form of the trailers they do now. I just think it was a neat idea with the Sun, The Moon and Stars thing relating to Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno from their respective games.

I do prefer the dramatic trailers showing off the characters and what they mean to their games and fans. I have a lot of respect for Sakurai with the attention to details in everything he does. I would love for Isaac to just steal the spotlight that has been waiting for so long to come. I still won't get my hopes up, but I still believe and I will be happy rather he does or doesn't make the Player cut. I would be just satisfied even with Isaac being an assist trophy, but I want more than that and after so long the treatment that Golden Sun has been getting, their time is NOW!!

I think Geno and Isaac have a similar air about them and the settings they come from. Skull Kid being the antagonist in the trailer with Isaac and Geno fighting him would be pretty cool though. Seriously, though Isaac as a PC, Felix as an Echo and Mathew, Jenna, Ivan or Mia as AT with new remixes of Golden Sun Soundtracks, a Golden Sun Stage with Saturos and Menardi as bosses would be so amazing.

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
This is the big thing for me. If Shovel Knight (who I can only assume didn’t do as well as Isaac on the ballot) can get AT status in a game with so much focus on fan service, Isaac needs to make an appearance of some kind. Whether he’s an assist or a playable character, I’d be shocked if we didn’t see him show up one way or another. I think no news is good news at this point!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is the big thing for me. If Shovel Knight (who I can only assume didn’t do as well as Isaac on the ballot) can get AT status in a game with so much focus on fan service, Isaac needs to make an appearance of some kind. Whether he’s an assist or a playable character, I’d be shocked if we didn’t see him show up one way or another. I think no news is good news at this point!
Agreed. Also keep in mind that Sakurai never once said a word about K. Rool. Yes, he did get a costume, but he never talked about its inclusion at all in interviews. Further showing that a lack of talking about X character isn't a negative either.

While K. Rool's Mii Fighter costume was among the more glaring costumes, I also think that if Isaac had gotten one, it would make it way too obvious he was in consideration to be playable. The problem here is that Isaac wasn't in the base game at all. He didn't even have a trophy, which K. Rool did have. So it is somewhat notable.

At the same time... I think there will still be popular characters that show up as AT's later. Because some may end up playable, they don't want to show off all AT's yet. If they did that, it would start to make things somewhat obvious about who may end up playable in the end. So they have to keep some mystery.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Y'all are getting me way too hyped about the possibilities here.
Cautious optimism is the name of the game. Expect that AT but pray for a golden-colored splash screen.

Agreed. Also keep in mind that Sakurai never once said a word about K. Rool. Yes, he did get a costume, but he never talked about its inclusion at all in interviews. Further showing that a lack of talking about X character isn't a negative either.

While K. Rool's Mii Fighter costume was among the more glaring costumes, I also think that if Isaac had gotten one, it would make it way too obvious he was in consideration to be playable. The problem here is that Isaac wasn't in the base game at all. He didn't even have a trophy, which K. Rool did have. So it is somewhat notable.

At the same time... I think there will still be popular characters that show up as AT's later. Because some may end up playable, they don't want to show off all AT's yet. If they did that, it would start to make things somewhat obvious about who may end up playable in the end. So they have to keep some mystery.
Both a blessing and a curse to be ignored. It likely influenced the amount of support Isaac got (and perhaps surprised Sakurai) but also showed that he probably wasn't on Sakurai's immediate radar, so that may indicate he'll be lower priority if he really is considered this time. An Isaac Mii Swordfighter costume would've been all too easy to make...

Klimax

Smash Ace
I think that when they made the Sm4sh roster, they didn't really pay attention to what the community really wanted.

It explains many decisions: The very VERY late inclusion of Mewtwo who was clearly the most wanted character, Ridley still not playable, Geno not playable, Isaac gone from the game, etc...

They just did safe bets by including characters who were popular among everyone, not specifically Smash fans, i think that's why the favorites of the Smash community were basically ignored. Remember how much Mewtwo was asked, that was insane, he was theundisputed number one in every damn poll and he was still nowhere to be found in the base game. So yeah, the less popular characters (Ridley, K Rool, Isaac, Geno) even though they were supported by many smash fans just had no chance.

Now, they pay attention to what the Smash's fans really want, we know that for a fact. There is no way that they don't know how popular Isaac is. So yeah, i'm pretty confident that he's going to make it this time !

By the way, even though i'd prefer three unique trailers, the idea of a trailer involving Skull Kid, Geno and Isaac is still awesome.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman

XD Enjoy it! Also wow, the german page for the 1st game didn't have anything like thatm wish I could see it now!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Add me please. I’ve been a lurker for a bit and with the recent direct, he’s one of the only ones left on my wishlist.
Hello there!

I decided to create an account here just to say that I fully support Isaac since the Smash 4 Ballot, some religious zealots converted me.

I would really like to see a remake of the original duology, and since the switch is such a good console for this genre. I think nintendo should really do it, their only other classic turn by turn rpg games are Mario games.

I also stumbled upon the Soren leak yesterday, during the E3 treehouse Sakurai decided that he would play Ike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTjFxAiNxo4

Maybe Sakurai really like Ike, or he just feel like playing him.
If he really like Ike he might have wanted to add Soren since Soren is basically to Ike what Robin is to Chrom.
Soren can also use Knives upon promotion (chose Staves btw, Knives are horrible in PoR).
If Sakurai really like the character he could have decided to make him an Echoe, beside, the guy seems to realy have some kind of bias towards FE.

Anyway, I will be here to celebrate when Isaac will be add into Smash, I am sure that Daddy Sakurai heard our pleas since a lot of fans favorite were add into the game already.

Sorry for bad english, I'm not native.
I didn't see myself on the list, so I'll say I do want to be a supporter for Isaac
I shall join the Isaac supporters ! Even though my personal choice would rather be Felix anything Godlen Sun is ... well ... gold.
Hi, long time lurker glad to see there's still some Isaac support.

I wish I can say I'm hopeful for Ultimate, but at this point I'm just hoping his assist trophy gets re-added as I don't think he's going to playable. His only chance is if he did well on the ballot (I know I voted for him a ton) but he didn't even get a Mii costume last time.

I don't know, I kind of feel that Sakurai has less interest in handheld characters overall compared to console characters (excusing FE which he's apparently been a fan of since the NES days). There are a ton of good handheld franchises like Golden Sun, Pushmo, etc. that don't get any representation in Smash.
Lurker here since the Ultimate Announcement. I love the Golden Sun games to death. When I was a kid I didn't have a gameboy advanced, but a friend gave me a disc with a bunch of games on it (I didn't realize they had been pirated at the time) and Golden Sun was one of them. I must have played and replayed Golden Sun 15 times, and I loved every second of it (I now own all 3 of the Golden Sun games).

Add me to that list of supporters for Isaac. We've never been so close to getting him playable. I'm hoping to get Isaac as a fighter (I don't dare hope for an Echo fighter, but it would obviously be Felix), Saturos and Menardi as a boss pair at the top of Venus lighthouse, and possibly the Djinn added in as a new Pokeball style item.

Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. Accursed
  7. Adeptmune
  8. Agk0001
  9. AgatioGanon
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. aldelaro5
  13. alguidrag
  14. Altais
  15. Amberloo
  16. Amtoj
  17. AncientArk
  18. andimidna
  19. Androobie
  20. Apollyon
  21. Aqua Rock X
  22. AquaDork1
  23. AquaSol
  24. Arcadenik
  25. Arsenal234,
  26. Arteen
  27. Asian_Charizard
  28. Astraltar
  29. Aureola
  30. Aurora Jenny
  31. AustarusIV
  32. AwesomeCauliflower68
  33. Awesomedude444
  34. Backgammon
  35. Balgorxz
  36. BandannaWaddleDee
  37. Bane84
  38. bassem6
  39. Bassoonist
  40. Billybae10k
  41. Bingoshi
  42. Bkupa666
  43. Blackwolf666
  44. Blaziken
  45. Blue7113
  46. BluePikmin11
  47. BoltDragon
  48. BoN~
  49. Bowser-Daimao
  50. BravadoMan_13
  51. BridgesWithTurtles
  52. Browny
  53. Buddy002
  54. Bunny8093
  55. BUnit
  56. Burruni
  57. Calane
  58. CactusBlah
  59. candyissweet
  60. Capita
  61. Cap'nChreest
  62. Captain Toad
  63. CardStealer1
  64. Chapter Serf
  65. CheckmateChuck
  66. CheeseBroJoe
  67. Cheezey Bites
  68. Chromfirmed
  69. ChronoPenguin
  70. ClinkStryphart
  71. CliffJumper
  72. cocy965
  73. Cos.
  74. Coaltergeist
  75. Crap-Zapper
  76. CrossDispatcher
  77. cybersai
  78. Dalek_Kolt
  79. Darkdarkness
  80. DatoSm
  81. Dendros
  82. Desert Croc
  83. Destroyer713
  84. Dezeray112
  85. Dhragen
  86. Diddy Kong
  87. Dimensionsword64
  88. DivinexRose
  89. DJ3DS
  90. DJBor
  91. D-Man9293
  92. DogManStar
  93. DoodleDuck97
  94. Doncalot
  95. DraginHikari
  96. Drakonis
  97. Dromader
  98. DukeNapoleon
  99. DustyPumpkin
  100. e105beta
  101. Eagle
  102. EclipseSmash
  103. EddyBearr
  104. ED Cantu
  105. Edlocke
  106. egaddmario
  107. ElPanandero
  108. El Syd
  109. EndlessChrom
  110. EndlessRain
  111. EnhaloTricks
  112. EricTheGamerman
  113. ETFruitNinja
  114. ethanrodgers223
  115. Ezequileste
  116. Falgor
  117. Falkoopa
  118. False Sense
  119. FamiconDisk
  120. Felix_the_Slayer
  121. fenyx4
  122. ferioku
  123. Fire Rider
  124. Fire_Voyager
  125. FirstBlade
  126. Flareon
  127. Flintike
  128. Flynn.Scifo
  129. fogbadge.
  130. foolssigma
  131. FreddyOnDrugs
  132. Friesnchip
  133. GalacticPetey
  134. Gazorpazorpfield
  135. Geno Boost
  136. Ghirahilda
  137. GladiusVortex
  138. GM_3826
  139. Golden Icarus
  140. GoodGrief741
  141. Gotann
  142. GraveEclipse567
  143. heylodom
  144. Huanchi
  145. hwrdjacob
  146. iam8bit
  147. Icana
  148. iDazedX_x
  149. Inawordyes
  150. IntelliHeath1
  151. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  152. isaac3000
  153. IsaacOrRiot
  154. Isaac: Venus Adept
  155. Istry555
  156. IvanQuote
  157. JaidynReiman
  158. Jak_spoon
  159. JamesDNaux
  160. Jamurai
  161. JDogindy
  162. JohnnySparkxs
  163. Just a random scrub
  164. jweb22
  165. KCCHIEFS27
  166. KeniththeGatherer
  167. KeybladeSmasher
  168. Kikaru
  169. Kind Dedede
  170. KingCloud
  171. KingShadow
  172. KiraYoshikage
  173. KirbyDragon
  174. Kirbyfan391
  175. Kisae
  176. KMDP
  177. KoalaNut
  178. Kokirikory
  179. Koori
  180. Kremling Man
  181. Kumatora
  182. Kycse
  183. Lady Palutena
  184. Lampy
  185. LaniusShrike
  186. lanky_gunner
  187. LasermasterA
  188. Leafeon523
  189. LeeYawshee
  190. legendofrob1
  191. LemmyKoopa
  192. lightdasher
  193. LightheartedBum
  194. Lightosia
  195. Linq
  196. Lisbon Mapping
  197. littl-myth
  198. Liverpool19
  199. Lone (Thirteenth)
  200. Lonodel
  201. Lord-Zero
  202. Lucanic
  203. Lucimar
  204. Ludjinnado
  205. lunarum
  206. Lukingordex
  207. Lurxy
  208. M23-X0
  209. MacSmitty
  210. MagiusNecros
  211. MAGMIS
  212. MainJPW
  213. Malcolm Belmont
  214. MaskO'Gears
  215. Master Rapier
  216. MasterMushroom
  217. Mav485
  218. McLapras
  219. Mega Bidoof
  220. Mendelsin
  221. MetalMario128
  222. Metocles
  223. Miifighters4Smash5
  224. Minato Arisato
  225. Mikegamer0608
  226. Mishudo
  227. Monkokaio
  228. MonopolyRubix
  229. MorbidAltruism
  230. Moydow
  231. MrMacBeth
  232. MrToxicVoltage
  233. Muirkat
  234. Mythzotick
  235. mynameisv
  236. MysticKnives
  237. N3ON
  238. Nauzgo
  239. Neo Zero
  240. NessAtc.
  241. Niala
  242. Nimbostratus
  243. Ninjakid41592
  244. Nintendokusou
  245. NitrusVirus
  246. NonSpecificGuy
  247. NoOtherPersona
  248. NoR4U
  249. Octillus
  250. Oddyesy
  251. Olo
  252. Oniric Spriter
  253. OptimisticStrifer
  254. Oracle_Summon
  255. Organization XIII
  256. otarolgam
  257. Oz37
  258. Pacack
  259. Papagenos
  260. ParanoidDrone
  261. Pcubed007
  262. Pennate
  263. Phaazoid
  264. PhilosophicAnimal
  265. Pizza Robo
  266. P.Kat
  267. Plain Yogurt
  268. Playcube
  269. PlayfulMushroom
  270. POKEMANSPIKA
  271. Powerman293
  272. PSIguy89
  273. PrinceGal3n
  274. PWN3
  275. QcSlayer
  276. R.O.B.
  277. Radical Beam
  278. Radori
  279. Raetah
  280. Raykz
  281. Raziek
  282. Red Ryu
  283. RegiGygas117
  284. Retro gamer
  285. RhymeswithEmpty
  286. Roger Smith
  287. RosaPeach
  288. Royaru
  289. Royvolution Ream
  290. Ryan
  291. Ryuutakeshi
  292. Sabrewulf238
  293. Sagittarius
  294. sandfall
  295. SanicJan
  296. Scatmansworld25
  297. Scoliosis Jones
  298. Seb9k+
  299. Secret Sexytime
  300. Seleir
  301. Seoxys
  302. sheik93
  303. Shin F.
  304. Shinhed-echi
  305. Shog
  306. Sidboylol
  307. SirCamp
  308. skaaaa
  309. Skeleton o' Fun
  310. SkullKidKing
  311. Skyblade12
  312. Skyfox2000
  313. sman3975
  314. Smash_Handle69
  315. SmashBro99
  316. smashkirby
  317. SmashShadow
  318. smashtriforce77
  319. smileMasky
  320. SmilingMad
  321. SMX
  322. Solfiner
  323. someonetookjacob
  324. SonicLink125
  325. SonicSmasher
  326. SorrowOfAcheron
  327. SoulofKhaos
  328. Spatman
  329. Spazzy_D
  330. Speedwagon
  331. Spootondorf
  332. Sqid
  333. SSBFan
  334. Staarih
  335. StaffofSmashing
  336. Strider_Bond00J
  337. StrikeBlade
  338. SuperBrawler
  339. Superfiremario
  340. SuperNintendoKid
  341. Supersmash77
  342. Superyoshiom
  343. Swampasaur
  344. Sykin
  345. Takasmash
  346. TCT~Phantom
  347. Techno1000
  348. TeenGirlSquad
  349. TehEpicRyuga
  350. ThatShadowLink
  351. The Curious Volnutt
  352. The One Who Wrote This
  353. Thekewlusername
  354. T-Hell
  355. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  356. TheSeanMan
  357. TheSpaceKing
  358. The Stoopid Unikorn
  359. TheTactician
  360. thethirdkoopa
  361. ThirdDay
  362. ThoughtfulWanderer
  363. ThunderOverload
  364. TimeSmash
  365. Tiymako
  366. ToothiestAura
  367. True Blue Warrior
  368. Turmalinium
  369. UltimateWario
  370. Ultinarok
  371. Vann Accessible
  372. Vegito2727
  373. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  374. Vintage Creep
  375. Violenceman
  376. walph
  377. Warheart_666
  378. Wigglytuff ★
  379. Wintropy
  380. WhiteEaglePL
  381. Xelion
  382. Xenigma
  383. XeVioN
  384. Xiivi
  385. xLemmy_KoopaX
  386. xpnc
  387. XTremeGamer1234
  388. XxLtxX
  389. YellowLord
  390. YoshiandToad
  391. Young Horsetail
  392. Your Hero
  393. YwhaletailY
  394. Zabadoo
  395. zagman505
  396. zaiman12345
  397. Zandro
  398. ZanZero
  399. ZarroTsu
  400. ZeldaMaster
  401. ZelDan
  402. ZestyÑ
  403. Zulyar
  404. Zuppo

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
I'm going to repost something I posted in another thread as it has Isaac relevant information:

Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was interesting.
About a month ago, someone on NeoGAF posted this(now deleted) leak

I might delete this post soon since I don't want to cause the source I got this information from any trouble though I can't help it to share this information out of curiosity, even if it won't stay here for too long.

Here is some basic information that I've got:

- The Fire Emblem Series won't receive any newcomers but 2 who are based on existing fighters
- The Legend of Zelda Series won't receive any newcomers
- The Pokemon Series won't receive any newcomers
- Something about an addition to Cloud was mentioned, though I don't know for now if it's gonna be another Final Fantasy character or some other Square Enix character

There are gonna be 12 newcomers in total from which 5 of them are going to be based on other fighters.

For the new ones I only got information on 3 characters who should appear in this title:

- Simon Belmont
- King K. Rool
- Isaac
- X
- X
- X
- X

As for the 5 who are based on other fighters I could also just get the name of 3 of them:

- Chrom based on Roy (appearently with other effects than flames?)
- Soren (I don't know about any changes but he willl be based on Robin)
- Ken ( Based on Ryu with Flame effects)
- X
- X

Some of those will be announced very soon.

Take it or leave it I don't care, I will delete this post soon anyways.
I'd usually disregard this but he mentioned Chrom being a Roy echo which is kind of left field as a lot of things(Including Smash Wii U) Implied he would be an Ike clone. So "predicting" would have had to have been pretty hard.

He also came back after the Direct and updated his list to fill in the blanks

Hello again everyone.
I wanted to share the missing information with you all that I got for the game's final characters.

2 out of the 7 newcomers are already confirmed and here are the final ones.

- K Rool (already confirmed)
- Simon Belmont (already confirmed)
- Isaac (is on his way)
- Monster Hunter (is still in development which is the reason why he wasn't confirmed today)
- Terra from the Final Fantasy Series
- Another Bandai Namco character
- Prince Sable from "For the Frog the Bell Tolls"

Coming to the Echo Fighter there are people who didn't understand the system behind my information. The 2 "X" that were left were indeed Dark Samus und Richter. It was the amount of characters I got information on for the time being. And I didn't include characters like Inkling,Ridley and Daisy since they were already officially confirmed at that point. Since people doubted it I only wanted to share information again when some of the characters I called were finally confirmed.
There will be no more "X" this time since I wanted to make sure that everyone is named.

With that said there will indeed be more Echo Fighters than I anticipated before.

- Chrom based on Roy (already confirmed)
- Soren based on Robin (still on his way)
- Dark Samus based on Samus (already confirmed)
- Richter based on Simon (already confirmed)
- Ken based on Ryu (still on his way)
- Shadow the Hedgehog based on Sonic (still on his way)
- Felix based on Isaac(will be revealed together with Isaac like Simon was with Richter)
- Isabelle based on Villager (still on her way)
- Galacta Knight based on Meta Knight (still on his way)

As for the Bandai Namco character, it's the only one left I don't know about. I will update it if I get my hands on that information.
That's it for the main roster. I don't know if there are any plans for DLC but since Super Smash Bros for the Wii U had DLC you can most likely expect it here as well.

This post will be deleted soon as well. And again, take it or leave it.
Right off the bat, I assume people will discard this because he mentioned Galacta Knight being a Meta Knight Echo Fighter, but I wouldn't be so quick to think that. Lucina and Dark Pit were literally just costumes made into their own characters at the last minute. If you pay attention, this is visibly apparent in both Lucina and Dark Pit as their differences are miniscule. In fact, you can notice that Lucina's idle animation is completely unchanged. On Marth, he puts his hand on his chest while Lucina's just kind of hovers there. It's not really all that farfetched to think Sakurai made Galacta Knight into an Echo Fighter at the very last second. I would just assume that he would have very small differences.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty sure this is the same one people keep bringing up, and my big problem with it is "Soren as a Robin Echo Fighter". Really doesn't make that much sense because swords are Robin's smashes. What, is Soren going to replace them with daggers or a staff or something? Really doesn't make a lot of sense.

I will admit that Chrom as a Roy Echo Fighter is interesting, but its not out of the question for someone to guess that. Some people have mentioned that Chrom should be similar to Lucina, so either being a Marth or Roy Echo Fighter makes more sense for Chrom in that regard.

If he said Chrom would be a Roy Echo Fighter with Ike's Aether, THEN I would thing it was something notable.

Galacta Knight does not shock me at all. He's on a shortlist I have.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this is the same one people keep bringing up, and my big problem with it is "Soren as a Robin Echo Fighter". Really doesn't make that much sense because swords are Robin's smashes. What, is Soren going to replace them with daggers or a staff or something? Really doesn't make a lot of sense.

I will admit that Chrom as a Roy Echo Fighter is interesting, but its not out of the question for someone to guess that. Some people have mentioned that Chrom should be similar to Lucina, so either being a Marth or Roy Echo Fighter makes more sense for Chrom in that regard.

If he said Chrom would be a Roy Echo Fighter with Ike's Aether, THEN I would thing it was something notable.

Galacta Knight does not shock me at all. He's on a shortlist I have.

It's just such a stretch. That is what ruins the leak for me. Out of all the echos for Robin it's Soren?

As of now, the hope we have is:
1) People who have been ranked high on Smash Ballots got in (Geno and Isaac are like next if it goes by this)
2) This "leak" with the Roy Echo Fighter being the backbone. Galacta Knight having an Alt and Soren being the blemishes.
3) The Dark Dawn Website being updated
4) No AT (Once read that the main cut was due to the 3ds not being able to handle move, however, Idk how believable that is)

Maybe the sun will rise again, look, mario tennis aces did well. Idk, I been wanting Isaac since Brawl. I am so 50/50 on Isaac being in Smash. Maybe DLC with high demand? Maybe a hidden character? Maybe players must play 200 matches to completion just like how you had to do in Brawl to unlock his AT.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. Accursed
  7. Adeptmune
  8. Agk0001
  9. AgatioGanon
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. aldelaro5
  13. alguidrag
  14. Altais
  15. Amberloo
  16. Amtoj
  17. AncientArk
  18. andimidna
  19. Androobie
  20. Apollyon
  21. Aqua Rock X
  22. AquaDork1
  23. AquaSol
  24. Arcadenik
  25. Arsenal234,
  26. Arteen
  27. Asian_Charizard
  28. Astraltar
  29. Aureola
  30. Aurora Jenny
  31. AustarusIV
  32. AwesomeCauliflower68
  33. Awesomedude444
  34. Backgammon
  35. Balgorxz
  36. BandannaWaddleDee
  37. Bane84
  38. bassem6
  39. Bassoonist
  40. Billybae10k
  41. Bingoshi
  42. Bkupa666
  43. Blackwolf666
  44. Blaziken
  45. Blue7113
  46. BluePikmin11
  47. BoltDragon
  48. BoN~
  49. Bowser-Daimao
  50. BravadoMan_13
  51. BridgesWithTurtles
  52. Browny
  53. Buddy002
  54. Bunny8093
  55. BUnit
  56. Burruni
  57. Calane
  58. CactusBlah
  59. candyissweet
  60. Capita
  61. Cap'nChreest
  62. Captain Toad
  63. CardStealer1
  64. Chapter Serf
  65. CheckmateChuck
  66. CheeseBroJoe
  67. Cheezey Bites
  68. Chromfirmed
  69. ChronoPenguin
  70. ClinkStryphart
  71. CliffJumper
  72. cocy965
  73. Cos.
  74. Coaltergeist
  75. Crap-Zapper
  76. CrossDispatcher
  77. cybersai
  78. Dalek_Kolt
  79. Darkdarkness
  80. DatoSm
  81. Dendros
  82. Desert Croc
  83. Destroyer713
  84. Dezeray112
  85. Dhragen
  86. Diddy Kong
  87. Dimensionsword64
  88. DivinexRose
  89. DJ3DS
  90. DJBor
  91. D-Man9293
  92. DogManStar
  93. DoodleDuck97
  94. Doncalot
  95. DraginHikari
  96. Drakonis
  97. Dromader
  98. DukeNapoleon
  99. DustyPumpkin
  100. e105beta
  101. Eagle
  102. EclipseSmash
  103. EddyBearr
  104. ED Cantu
  105. Edlocke
  106. egaddmario
  107. ElPanandero
  108. El Syd
  109. EndlessChrom
  110. EndlessRain
  111. EnhaloTricks
  112. EricTheGamerman
  113. ETFruitNinja
  114. ethanrodgers223
  115. Ezequileste
  116. Falgor
  117. Falkoopa
  118. False Sense
  119. FamiconDisk
  120. Felix_the_Slayer
  121. fenyx4
  122. ferioku
  123. Fire Rider
  124. Fire_Voyager
  125. FirstBlade
  126. Flareon
  127. Flintike
  128. Flynn.Scifo
  129. fogbadge.
  130. foolssigma
  131. FreddyOnDrugs
  132. Friesnchip
  133. GalacticPetey
  134. Gazorpazorpfield
  135. Geno Boost
  136. Ghirahilda
  137. GladiusVortex
  138. GM_3826
  139. Golden Icarus
  140. GoodGrief741
  141. Gotann
  142. GraveEclipse567
  143. heylodom
  144. Huanchi
  145. hwrdjacob
  146. iam8bit
  147. Icana
  148. iDazedX_x
  149. Inawordyes
  150. IntelliHeath1
  151. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  152. isaac3000
  153. IsaacOrRiot
  154. Isaac: Venus Adept
  155. Istry555
  156. IvanQuote
  157. JaidynReiman
  158. Jak_spoon
  159. JamesDNaux
  160. Jamurai
  161. JDogindy
  162. JohnnySparkxs
  163. Just a random scrub
  164. jweb22
  165. KCCHIEFS27
  166. KeniththeGatherer
  167. KeybladeSmasher
  168. Kikaru
  169. Kind Dedede
  170. KingCloud
  171. KingShadow
  172. KiraYoshikage
  173. KirbyDragon
  174. Kirbyfan391
  175. Kisae
  176. KMDP
  177. KoalaNut
  178. Kokirikory
  179. Koori
  180. Kremling Man
  181. Kumatora
  182. Kycse
  183. Lady Palutena
  184. Lampy
  185. LaniusShrike
  186. lanky_gunner
  187. LasermasterA
  188. Leafeon523
  189. LeeYawshee
  190. legendofrob1
  191. LemmyKoopa
  192. lightdasher
  193. LightheartedBum
  194. Lightosia
  195. Linq
  196. Lisbon Mapping
  197. littl-myth
  198. Liverpool19
  199. Lone (Thirteenth)
  200. Lonodel
  201. Lord-Zero
  202. Lucanic
  203. Lucimar
  204. Ludjinnado
  205. lunarum
  206. Lukingordex
  207. Lurxy
  208. M23-X0
  209. MacSmitty
  210. MagiusNecros
  211. MAGMIS
  212. MainJPW
  213. Malcolm Belmont
  214. MaskO'Gears
  215. Master Rapier
  216. MasterMushroom
  217. Mav485
  218. McLapras
  219. Mega Bidoof
  220. Mendelsin
  221. MetalMario128
  222. Metocles
  223. Miifighters4Smash5
  224. Minato Arisato
  225. Mikegamer0608
  226. Mishudo
  227. Monkokaio
  228. MonopolyRubix
  229. MorbidAltruism
  230. Moydow
  231. MrMacBeth
  232. MrToxicVoltage
  233. Muirkat
  234. Mythzotick
  235. mynameisv
  236. MysticKnives
  237. N3ON
  238. Nauzgo
  239. Neo Zero
  240. NessAtc.
  241. Niala
  242. Nimbostratus
  243. Ninjakid41592
  244. Nintendokusou
  245. NitrusVirus
  246. NonSpecificGuy
  247. NoOtherPersona
  248. NoR4U
  249. Octillus
  250. Oddyesy
  251. Olo
  252. Oniric Spriter
  253. OptimisticStrifer
  254. Oracle_Summon
  255. Organization XIII
  256. otarolgam
  257. Oz37
  258. Pacack
  259. Papagenos
  260. ParanoidDrone
  261. Pcubed007
  262. Pennate
  263. Phaazoid
  264. PhilosophicAnimal
  265. Pizza Robo
  266. P.Kat
  267. Plain Yogurt
  268. Playcube
  269. PlayfulMushroom
  270. POKEMANSPIKA
  271. Powerman293
  272. PSIguy89
  273. PrinceGal3n
  274. PWN3
  275. QcSlayer
  276. R.O.B.
  277. Radical Beam
  278. Radori
  279. Raetah
  280. Raykz
  281. Raziek
  282. Red Ryu
  283. RegiGygas117
  284. Retro gamer
  285. RhymeswithEmpty
  286. Roger Smith
  287. RosaPeach
  288. Royaru
  289. Royvolution Ream
  290. Ryan
  291. Ryuutakeshi
  292. Sabrewulf238
  293. Sagittarius
  294. Salocin
  295. sandfall
  296. SanicJan
  297. Scatmansworld25
  298. Scoliosis Jones
  299. Seb9k+
  300. Secret Sexytime
  301. Seleir
  302. Seoxys
  303. sheik93
  304. Shin F.
  305. Shinhed-echi
  306. Shog
  307. Sidboylol
  308. SirCamp
  309. skaaaa
  310. Skeleton o' Fun
  311. SkullKidKing
  312. Skyblade12
  313. Skyfox2000
  314. sman3975
  315. Smash_Handle69
  316. SmashBro99
  317. smashkirby
  318. SmashShadow
  319. smashtriforce77
  320. smileMasky
  321. SmilingMad
  322. SMX
  323. Solfiner
  324. someonetookjacob
  325. SonicLink125
  326. SonicSmasher
  327. SorrowOfAcheron
  328. SoulofKhaos
  329. Spatman
  330. Spazzy_D
  331. Speedwagon
  332. Spootondorf
  333. Sqid
  334. SSBFan
  335. Staarih
  336. StaffofSmashing
  337. Strider_Bond00J
  338. StrikeBlade
  339. SuperBrawler
  340. Superfiremario
  341. SuperNintendoKid
  342. Supersmash77
  343. Superyoshiom
  344. Swampasaur
  345. Sykin
  346. Takasmash
  347. TCT~Phantom
  348. Techno1000
  349. TeenGirlSquad
  350. TehEpicRyuga
  351. ThatShadowLink
  352. The Curious Volnutt
  353. The One Who Wrote This
  354. Thekewlusername
  355. T-Hell
  356. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  357. TheSeanMan
  358. TheSpaceKing
  359. The Stoopid Unikorn
  360. TheTactician
  361. thethirdkoopa
  362. ThirdDay
  363. ThoughtfulWanderer
  364. ThunderOverload
  365. TimeSmash
  366. Tiymako
  367. ToothiestAura
  368. True Blue Warrior
  369. Turmalinium
  370. UltimateWario
  371. Ultinarok
  372. Vann Accessible
  373. Vegito2727
  374. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  375. Vintage Creep
  376. Violenceman
  377. walph
  378. Warheart_666
  379. Wigglytuff ★
  380. Wintropy
  381. WhiteEaglePL
  382. Xelion
  383. Xenigma
  384. XeVioN
  385. Xiivi
  386. xLemmy_KoopaX
  387. xpnc
  388. XTremeGamer1234
  389. XxLtxX
  390. YellowLord
  391. YoshiandToad
  392. Young Horsetail
  393. Your Hero
  394. YwhaletailY
  395. Zabadoo
  396. zagman505
  397. zaiman12345
  398. Zandro
  399. ZanZero
  400. ZarroTsu
  401. ZeldaMaster
  402. ZelDan
  403. ZestyÑ
  404. Zulyar
  405. Zuppo

Smash Lord
This Soren leak kind of reminds me of the Gematsu leak were some hard to predict things were leaked and some didn't make it to the final game. It does look somewhat legitimate with the accurate guessing of the Chrom/Roy echo and the correct order for Simon and King K.Rool being revealed but it could be lucky guesses or early development notes or completely correct, who knows anyway.
although I do want the Isaac part to be true obviously

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Note about that leak: The second post is from another account so it may be fake. The first post is from an account that no longer exists... If any of its real its the first one.

Anyway, to be fair, a lot of the Echo Fighters don't make a lot of sense. Dark Samus really shouldn't be fighting like Samus but it mostly works because a lot of people don't know who or what Dark Samus really is.

In Fire Emblem: Awakening when Lucina is disguised as Marth fighting Chrom, Chrom specifically asked "Who taught you to fight like that?" and she responded with "My Father." This is made weirder in Smash Wii U when Viridi say Chrom would just be an Ike clone.

Chrom, an Ike clone taught his daughter how to fight but she ended up being a Marth clone and when the Ike clone joined Smash he ended being a clone of Roy who was initially a clone of Marth. So, uh...yeah. Echo Fighters don't really have accuracy going for them.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
If we are going by ballot popularity. Here is what made it and what got xed by being an AT. Isaac is more popular in the west but still.

Smash Lord
Note about that leak: The second post is from another account so it may be fake. The first post is from an account that no longer exists... If any of its real its the first one.

Anyway, to be fair, a lot of the Echo Fighters don't make a lot of sense. Dark Samus really shouldn't be fighting like Samus but it mostly works because a lot of people don't know who or what Dark Samus really is.

In Fire Emblem: Awakening when Lucina is disguised as Marth fighting Chrom, Chrom specifically asked "Who taught you to fight like that?" and she responded with "My Father." This is made weirder in Smash Wii U when Viridi say Chrom would just be an Ike clone.

Chrom, an Ike clone taught his daughter how to fight but she ended up being a Marth clone and when the Ike clone joined Smash he ended being a clone of Roy who was initially a clone of Marth. So, uh...yeah. Echo Fighters don't really have accuracy going for them.
Yeah I remember someone earlier on this board previously said Soren uses a staff so they may go with that instead of the sword if he gets in which I highly doubt

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
If we are going by ballot popularity. Here is what made it and what got xed by being an AT. Isaac is more popular in the west but still.

Keeping in mind this isn't "official", it still bodes well for Isaac that so much of his competition is already in game, third party or prime echo material. He's one of the few first-party characters on there still.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: it's been quite a while since I last posted here, but I'm still really hopeful for Isaac's inclusion into Ultimate! I think with this being a fanservice based game, this might finally be his time to shine, especially with his Assist Trophy still not present in the game as it does make me wonder where the heck he might be...

Either way, I'm still rooting for him and hope he gets in!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It's just such a stretch. That is what ruins the leak for me. Out of all the echos for Robin it's Soren?

As of now, the hope we have is:
1) People who have been ranked high on Smash Ballots got in (Geno and Isaac are like next if it goes by this)
2) This "leak" with the Roy Echo Fighter being the backbone. Galacta Knight having an Alt and Soren being the blemishes.
3) The Dark Dawn Website being updated
4) No AT (Once read that the main cut was due to the 3ds not being able to handle move, however, Idk how believable that is)

Maybe the sun will rise again, look, mario tennis aces did well. Idk, I been wanting Isaac since Brawl. I am so 50/50 on Isaac being in Smash. Maybe DLC with high demand? Maybe a hidden character? Maybe players must play 200 matches to completion just like how you had to do in Brawl to unlock his AT.
Include Shovel Knight as an AT for 1). If he could get the runner-up prize as somebody who almost always finished behind Isaac on polls, then it's possible Isaac can get the ultimate prize.

Hidden character isn't possible as Sakurai already confirmed every character will be revealed before launch this time, though 200 matches to unlock playable Isaac would still be a clever nod.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

The second post is from a fake account? Really? Now this is more of a headache.

Include Shovel Knight as an AT for 1). If he could get the runner-up prize as somebody who almost always finished behind Isaac on polls, then it's possible Isaac can get the ultimate prize.

Hidden character isn't possible as Sakurai already confirmed every character will be revealed before launch this time, though 200 matches to unlock playable Isaac would still be a clever nod.
Ah, that sucks, I would have loved a few surprises.

Keeping in mind this isn't "official", it still bodes well for Isaac that so much of his competition is already in game, third party or prime echo material. He's one of the few first-party characters on there still.
Yep! I just am using it as kinda a run of the mill popularity vote poll.

At this point of time, I just want to know the future of GS. Will we get GS 4? A remake or remaster? I feel like smash is going to be the make it or break it for the series.

Top Bottom