• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yep for Germany, Switzerland, Austria, UK and I see language options for: Spain, french part of Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal and some more...
I hate to say it, but maybe this page returning was just part of regularly scheduled site restructuring. Especially when you take into account that plenty of other random games had site updates for no reason too. I wish this meant something, but it might have just been a wild goose chase.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Checked some of the modified dates for random wii u games every one i check was also modified in august :'(
Oh so this means Nintendo just reupload a bunch of games just like that? Hmm.. this isn't very promising then..

Still the question as to why remains, especially Golden Sun all of a sudden...

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Oh so this means Nintendo just reupload a bunch of games just like that? Hmm.. this isn't very promising then..

Still the question as to why remains, especially Golden Sun all of a sudden...
I realized i was making a mistake looking in the wrong spot for some of them it was just giving me info on when I looked at it and I totally missed it >. <

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I hate to say it, but maybe this page returning was just part of regularly scheduled site restructuring. Especially when you take into account that plenty of other random games had site updates for no reason too. I wish this meant something, but it might have just been a wild goose chase.
What other games got updates? And why would restructuring of this page happen 8 years after it was relevant

Basically I'm asking; why now?

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I realized i was making a mistake looking in the wrong spot for some of them it was just giving me info on when I looked at it and I totally missed it >. <
So that means no evidence for most of them having been updated recently? Do we have any examples of 5+ year old games having very recently updated pages on Nintendo UK?

This could still be a site restructuring, but I'd still like to see when DD's site first was taken down.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid this update doesn't mean anything. For interest, I looked up some other games in the German web and there's also games like Metroid Prime Hunters or Kirby Mouse Attack, that got updated on July 28th. Metroid could be connected to Dark Samus' inclusion but Kirby didn't get a new character so probably that's all just site restructuring.

Still, the reappearance of the DD site is still pretty mysterious.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I'm afraid this update doesn't mean anything. For interest, I looked up some other games in the German web and there's also games like Metroid Prime Hunters or Kirby Mouse Attack, that got updated on July 28th. Metroid could be connected to Dark Samus' inclusion but Kirby didn't get a new character so probably that's all just site restructuring.

Still, the reappearance of the DD site is still pretty mysterious.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Unfortunate this website business didn't turn out to be the glimmer of hope we were looking for. But anyway never give up hope my fellow adepts, we just need to be keep pushing for the sun to rise again!

Last edited:

Onassi2

Smash Cadet
Long time lurker here. Been asking for Isaac ever since Brawl was announced, and would love to be added to the supporter list. It’s hard to be objective but I want to believe his chances are better now than ever.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I'm still thinking that it could happen next month, the next direct talking about new games for 2018 and the online service has to happen sooner rather than later.

Smash Lord
I'm still thinking that it could happen next month, the next direct talking about new games for 2018 and the online service has to happen sooner rather than later.
True they still need to get around to that. Maybe we might get a Smash reveal at the end of that direct and then we'll have one more Smash focused direct before launch that will have two newcomers and three echoes like the recent one

Salocin

Smash Rookie
Hi! I’m pretty new here, but I just wanted to come to say that I really hope Isaac gets in, it’s been long overdue and he has such great moveset potential, and I think he’d really fit right in. I’d love to be added to the supporter list :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
After K.Rool's reveal, am feeling more confident about Isaac now. Isaac was always one of the most requested potential newcomers. He's no Ridley or K.Rool, but definitely a very popular character. I think we might see him.

D

Deleted member

Goddammit i want to be confident about Isaac.

Garet’s ability to create subspace bathrooms really came in handy when they got lost in Mogall Forest.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wow, it's nice to see so much new activity around here!

Very uplifting! I remember a month or so ago our thread was pretty slow, and now I'm having to catch up with 3 pages when I missed only half a day!

This really gives me more hope that we'll make it! Let's keep rooting for our Golden Boy!

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Add me please. I’ve been a lurker for a bit and with the recent direct, he’s one of the only ones left on my wishlist.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Hello there!

I decided to create an account here just to say that I fully support Isaac since the Smash 4 Ballot, some religious zealots converted me.

I would really like to see a remake of the original duology, and since the switch is such a good console for this genre. I think nintendo should really do it, their only other classic turn by turn rpg games are Mario games.

I also stumbled upon the Soren leak yesterday, during the E3 treehouse Sakurai decided that he would play Ike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTjFxAiNxo4

Maybe Sakurai really like Ike, or he just feel like playing him.
If he really like Ike he might have wanted to add Soren since Soren is basically to Ike what Robin is to Chrom.
Soren can also use Knives upon promotion (chose Staves btw, Knives are horrible in PoR).
If Sakurai really like the character he could have decided to make him an Echoe, beside, the guy seems to realy have some kind of bias towards FE.

Anyway, I will be here to celebrate when Isaac will be add into Smash, I am sure that Daddy Sakurai heard our pleas since a lot of fans favorite were add into the game already.

Sorry for bad english, I'm not native.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Hello there!

I decided to create an account here just to say that I fully support Isaac since the Smash 4 Ballot, some religious zealots converted me.

I would really like to see a remake of the original duology, and since the switch is such a good console for this genre. I think nintendo should really do it, their only other classic turn by turn rpg games are Mario games.

I also stumbled upon the Soren leak yesterday, during the E3 treehouse Sakurai decided that he would play Ike.

If he really like Ike he might have wanted to add Soren since Soren is basically to Ike what Robin is to Chrom.
Soren can also use Knives upon promotion (chose Staves btw, Knives are horrible in PoR).
If Sakurai really like the character he could have decided to make him an Echoe, beside, the guy seems to realy have some kind of bias towards FE.

Anyway, I will be here to celebrate when Isaac will be add into Smash, I am sure that Daddy Sakurai heard our pleas since a lot of fans favorite were add into the game already.

Thanks for joining in :D glad to have you here

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty sensational that a character without any appearance in eight years and having last been playable fifteen years ago can still earn so much new support. :)

Though I guess with peers like K. Rool and Geno, it's not that surprising. :laugh:

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Hello there!

Long time lurker here. Been asking for Isaac ever since Brawl was announced, and would love to be added to the supporter list. It’s hard to be objective but I want to believe his chances are better now than ever.
I didn't see myself on the list, so I'll say I do want to be a supporter for Isaac
Welcome aboard new adepts. I think this means we are at 400 supporters now YAY! True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior

D

Deleted member

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but if Isaac got in, I'd want him to use his Dark Dawn design just because of the beard. I'm actually hopeful he'll show up this time (in some form) after the reappearance of King K. Rool. Granted, K. Rool is a dead character from a currently living series whereas Golden Sun as a whole has been dormant for almost a decade now. I've never played Golden Sun myself so I don't have much of a connection to him, but for everyone else's sake, here's hoping Isaac gets in this time.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Has it been said that Lycanroc is somewhat of a "direct competitor" for that character slot given both use Earth based powers?
As BOTH a Lycanroc and Isaac supporter, I would have to say no.

I mean, Isaac does use earth based powers, but let’s face it, Isaac is well known for doing so many other damn things, like Plant powers, PSI, Sword Wielding, etc. Isaac would be more of spell-sword character who is added due to his series and popularity and uses general magical abilities along with a long ranged sword attacks. Rock based abilities will be a part of his move set, but he will most likely have tons of other moves that aren’t rock to pull from that can still be unique. He’s a 1/3 earth user.

Lycanroc on the other hand, is a pure earth based character(s), and would be added to as a representative of the recent installment, a pretty big and popular Pokémon for the current couple of years (Midday and Midnight were popular and pushed in 2016), and an iconic typing that isn’t yet shown among the Pokémon cast (and Smash series). Their reason for inclusion is so different from Isaac, that I don’t think comparing them to Isaac would even cross Sakurai’s mind. Not to mention there are many ways to make Lycanroc unique even with Isaac on the roster, like using multiple forms for a stance fighter, a boost mechanic, severely different playstyles, and Midday’s and Dusk’s qudrapetic builds.

As a supporter of both, there isn’t much of a reason that Lycanroc and Isaac are in direct competition. (Though Isaac vs. Lycanroc is a match up I hope I can actually do when I get the game. I’ll be the first thing I do. :))

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You could add Isaac, Felix, Matthew and Himi and still have them all play differently. There's no shortage of potential.

Smash Lord
You could add Isaac, Felix, Matthew and Himi and still have them all play differently. There's no shortage of potential.
That gets me thinking, how cool would it have been to get a Golden Sun fighting game. The spells are so unique between the cast that the roster can even have an SSB Ultimate size roster and still keep everyone unique. It's kind of baffling the untapped potential for Golden Sun spinoffs that Camelot could've done

I shall join the Isaac supporters ! Even though my personal choice would rather be Felix anything Godlen Sun is ... well ... gold.
Our hopes are if Isaac gets in, Felix can be his echo fighter like Richter to Simon

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
What are yall's thoughts on Isaac's Project M and SSF2 movesets?

Personally I like PM Isaac's ideas (Ragnarok is too awesome) but SSF2's a lot more polished since it was actually released.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
SSF2's is a bit weird for me. I love it a lot, but I almost think they made Move and Gaia too good. You can use Gaia to cover yourself from Juggling, and the down variation of Move (Pound) persists until it hits the ground, meaning you have a really good edgeguarding tool.

Smash Lord

Personally I like PM Isaac's ideas (Ragnarok is too awesome) but SSF2's a lot more polished since it was actually released.
I kind of want a fusion between the two with some more unique spells mixed in there. My Dream Smasher moveset https://sourcegaming.info/2016/08/01/dream-smashers-isaac/ borrowed the gaia (which I renamed quake) down special and move side special from SSF2 and the neutral Ragnarok from Project M although I would make the Project M Ragnorok more easier to pinpoint the landing. Up special from the UN Owen fix of PM Isaac inspired me to have rock fall as his recovery. I'd be fine with Ragnarok as a side smash as well

Istry555

Smash Cadet
Hi, long time lurker glad to see there's still some Isaac support.

I wish I can say I'm hopeful for Ultimate, but at this point I'm just hoping his assist trophy gets re-added as I don't think he's going to playable. His only chance is if he did well on the ballot (I know I voted for him a ton) but he didn't even get a Mii costume last time.

I don't know, I kind of feel that Sakurai has less interest in handheld characters overall compared to console characters (excusing FE which he's apparently been a fan of since the NES days). There are a ton of good handheld franchises like Golden Sun, Pushmo, etc. that don't get any representation in Smash.

Shin F.

Smash Master

I like SSF2's Isaac, personally, with a few things I'd change. Notably, his idle stance was better in PM since it reflected how he actually stood in Golden Sun battles, with his sword out. I'm a huge fan of the utility you get from Move and Gaia in SSF2. They're pretty powerful, but I think it's kind of balanced by how easy he is to intercept in his own recovery. Never really use Growth, so I'd be fine if it was replaced by Ragnarok, but I didn't like how it felt in the PM leak, so it would probably need an overhaul. I love how his grab utilizes the psychic hands.

Edit: With all that said, the idea of him as a character who terraforms the stage like Kragg in RoA appeals to me more than anything.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know, after what ThoughtfulWanderer said about Isaac=Sun, Skull Kid=Moon, and Geno=Stars, it sounds actually brilliant to show off in a reveal trailer!

But it also made me think how cool it would be if we had an RPG focused reveal too! Isaac, Geno, heck even Lloyd and whoever else is up there would be revealed. That would be amazing!

Smash Lord
You know, after what ThoughtfulWanderer said about Isaac=Sun, Skull Kid=Moon, and Geno=Stars, it sounds actually brilliant to show off in a reveal trailer!

But it also made me think how cool it would be if we had an RPG focused reveal too! Isaac, Geno, heck even Lloyd and whoever else is up there would be revealed. That would be amazing!
A reveal trailer with mutliple newcomers in from different series hasn't been done since the Brawl E3 2006 trailer. It'd be kind of interesting to see if that's what they actually do

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To play devil's advocate on Soren. (I know people are probably sick of hearing about him by now)

Does Robin use the levin sword at all times? I thought he only used his sword when his tomes ran out? In which case Soren could be an echo of Robin without the tome/levin sword mechanic.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong and Robin still uses his sword at all times.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Sabre, I'm not sure what you mean, in the game, Fire Emblem Awakening, Robin can use both sword and magic at all time in is Tactician/Grandmaster Class, each weapon as a number of use and break when it reach 0.

In the game the Levyn sword is just a 2 range sword, not a legendary weapon or anything, so no, he's not using it at any time.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

I have to completely agree, that would be so awesome to see a Sun, Moon and Stars trailer for Isaac, Skull Kid and Geno.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sabre, I'm not sure what you mean, in the game, Fire Emblem Awakening, Robin can use both sword and magic at all time in is Tactician/Grandmaster Class, each weapon as a number of use and break when it reach 0.

In the game the Levyn sword is just a 2 range sword, not a legendary weapon or anything, so no, he's not using it at any time.
I'm talking about in Smash Bros.

Top Bottom