• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
I feel really led on. Obviously Sakurai has no interest in Isaac as a playable fighter, I mean I’ve been waiting since before 2008 with this and he couldn’t even get into Ultimate, the game seriously devoted to fan service.

I’m not gonna be a jerk about this, Sakurai and team have worked really really hard and this game will still be amazing, but I’m extremely disappointed right now.

Why would you wait until the last direct to reveal that the 2nd or 3rd most popular fighter worldwide (based on poll data we have) is only an assist trophy? They really did the Golden Sun fans dirty with this one.

Anyways, that’s my rant. I’ll need a couple days to cool off and then I’ll be okay.
Same. I was hoping for Isaac and Skull Kid, and both of those were dashed.

At least with Isaac they showed him in the Direct, they didn't show Skull Kid at all and got our hopes up, only to have him be on the website as an Assist.

Sakurai, why?!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I guess the only thing to do now is campaign for Matthew as a dlc fighter. I think that we need to strike nintendo hard with requests but do it not out of spite. We do not want to end up looking like angry fanboys like some Waluigi fans were.
Matthew is a “spirit” so I don’t know if he has such a great chance. Also I’m pretty sure they already have their DLC characters planned. Either way we couldn’t get Isaac in so I don’t know how we’ll get Matt in.

Unless Nintendo does the unthinkable and is making GS4 with Matt as the protagonist. Then I think he might have a chance. But who are we kidding? Nintendo needs Camelot to make another mediocre Mario Tennis game.

Last edited:

Ivan > Cylia

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, first timer here !

Today is a big blow unfortunately... I think many of us considered this Smash to be the best chance for Isaac to join the fight, but all that energy you all deployed... I think the most should be made of it (and that's why I want to join the fight from now) to either fight for a DLC inclusion or for Camelot realizing how passionate are the fans about GS. I joined the twitter and you can now count on me to be as vocal as you have all been so far ! The campain Isaac4Smash at least gathered the GS fanbase, I think we can be hopeful for the future if we stay united !

Alright

Yesterday I said that I might replay Golden Sun 1 & 2

But I think I might just do that right now
I'm pissed
and that's fuel to start off Golden Sun again
God damn it
As someone who replays GS pretty much every year and has done many challenges ( Isaac&Ivan only, Isaac only, Ivan only etc...) and if it's the same for you I would advise you to try out GS rom hacks, there aren't many, but some do rebalance the game making it harder, tweak the classes etc, it helps giving a fresh feeling to the game !

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we should start by uniting Banjo/Geno and Isaac fanbase, make a thread on reddit, a petition to bring the top 3, Make Nintendo understand that we exist.

I will support these 3 characters in official polls until they are confirm.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
This is 100% the end of the line for GS. Nintendo mercilessly killed the series right then and there today.
Edit: I’m disappointed and nothing can change that. All I’ve wanted for years out of Smash was Isaac. Go ahead and call me ungrateful for not being hyped anymore, it won’t change a thing.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I guess it's possible that they continue dlc past the first 5 packs depending on how the switch is doing in 2020

Q-Long

Smash Lord
So there are 5 DLC characters coming. What do you all think they could be? Being a spirit or costume isn't really a hard deconfirmation. Being an assist trophy is.

Bandana Dee - There is a Waddle Dee spirit, but Bandana Dee is a specific Waddle Dee.
Dixie - Probably the highest chance of getting promoted from spirit. I want Geno, but after this he will have to fight for a second season pass if that even happens.
Banjo or Steve - Microsoft is game. Could go either way, but after this? I'm leaning Steve.
Edelgard - Just in time for the new FE game
Mach Rider - Leak isn't true, but this would be the perfect retro rep to close things off with to be number 80. Mach Rider's toy is older than Mario and Pac-Man.

Also that makes 80 characters. That is a padded out roster, but do you think they would do "Seasons" until they reached 100? That would make balancing so insane though.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Imagine
Imagine cancelling your preorder for the biggest Smash game of all time, a game with 74 fighters, every character returning, 103 stages, story mode, multiple modes, 900 songs, and DLC incoming JUST because 1 character you wanted didn’t get it. What the hell were you even hyped for before this direct? Are you sure you’re even a Smash fan? Pathetic.
Lol, you sound like some sort of anime villain or something. What do you care if someone cancels a preorder? How does cancelling a preorder mean not buying the game?

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Lol I have no idea of my signature is working since I use mobile. Can someone tell me if my signature is right?

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Lol, you sound like some sort of anime villain or something. What do you care if someone cancels a preorder? How does cancelling a preorder mean not buying the game?
Why would you cancel a preorder if you still had intentions of buying the game? Hello??? Anyways, I’m over this already. You guys do whatever you want.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Apologies, Golden Boys, from the fighting lads of Custom Robo...but Issac's new Assist Trophy is pretty badass, I'd say! Rockin' the new hand commands!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So there are 5 DLC characters coming. What do you all think they could be? Being a spirit or costume isn't really a hard deconfirmation. Being an assist trophy is.

Bandana Dee - There is a Waddle Dee spirit, but Bandana Dee is a specific Waddle Dee.
Dixie - Probably the highest chance of getting promoted from spirit. I want Geno, but after this he will have to fight for a second season pass if that even happens.
Banjo or Steve - Microsoft is game. Could go either way, but after this? I'm leaning Steve.
Mach Rider - Leak isn't true, but this would be the perfect retro rep to close things off with to be number 80. Mach Rider's toy is older than Mario and Pac-Man.

Also that makes 80 characters. That is a padded out roster, but do you think they would do "Seasons" until they reached 100? That would make balancing so insane though.
Bandana Dee, Banjo, Sora, Edelgard and Isaac because I'm not giving up.

Yuki Setsuna

Smash Rookie
While I see why the idea of starting a Matthew campaign sounds like a good choice, I say we should continue pushing Isaac. If we get split between pushing different characters (Isaac/Felix/Matthew etc) it might make it more difficult for our voices to be heard.

Unless we pushed all those characters just as much at the same time. But if another Ballot ever takes place we might want to keep voting for Isaac who already has some traction.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stopping by the give my condolences everyone! You supported your golden boy so hard, you all didn't deserve this...:(

Yggdra

Smash Rookie
Well, i finished watching the direct, and... I don't know what to think, it certainly killed my expectations, but it's still a great smash game. I'm gonna have to think whether i buy it or not.

And while is dissapointing, specially since we can't even get our golden boy as dlc, i don't think giving up is the way to go, both Ridley and K. Rool fans got what they wanted because they kept pushing. If we stop now, in the hypothetic case of a new smash game (which is bound to happen), Isaac could be cut again.

I know it may be frustrating, i mean, it really feels like we haven't accomplished anything since the Brawl days, but we need to keep strong and make know Nintendo and Sakurai that there's demand for this character.

Also who thought that piranha plant was a good idea to close the direct? it really felt like a final slap in the face.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Why would you cancel a preorder if you still had intentions of buying the game? Hello??? Anyways, I’m over this already. You guys do whatever you want.

Um, I don't know if you knew this...but you can buy games used. You also don't need to preorder in order to buy a new game.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We did our best, the best we could, and we got something that would at least represent our boy. It's sad to see him as an Assist but it's nice to see him at all. This may not have been the time for our boy but maybe DLC could be?

Either way, I love how he looks in game and it's a shame I can't play as him but I'm grateful to see him nonetheless.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Now that its over do you think Sakurai laid out any disinformation so leakers wouldn't know everything?

No one knew Pirahna Plant.

Also what was the deal with those trademark renewals for GS? Sin and Punishment nor Drill Dozer didn't need one. Also Custom Robo got content, but their trade mark was not renewed.

Then there's some insiders saying he's in and some are saying he's not.

I don't know about the banner, but I feel like there must have beee SOME planted information. The banner must have been a third party and he did ALOT of research on Sakurai and Smash.

Lol I have no idea of my signature is working since I use mobile. Can someone tell me if my signature is right?
its not

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee, Banjo, Sora, Edelgard and Isaac because I'm not giving up.
Can Isaac even get in as dlc regarding this official quote though?
Sakurai did clarify that the new characters coming in for download would not be returning characters, which makes sense as the game has the entire series roster so far, and will not be Echo fighters, his term for characters based closely on existing fighters.
Basically wouldn't this mean that Isaac is a returning character in the form of an assist trophy? If so we need to campaign for Matthew hard. Cause I don't think being a spirt would deconfirm him. And if I am wrong on that, Use your influence to draw out the golden sun fans to rally for a golden sun 4. Please lead the charge Billy. I am with you till the very end.

D

Deleted member

Well guys.. Darn.

I honestly was heartbroken when Isaac was shown as an assist trophy. But I just want to say don't ever give up there is still always a future Smash.

Sorry and I am glad to be supporting the golden boy.

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice

If I had to guess.
1. Goomba
2. Koopa
3. Shy Guy
4. Toad
5. Boo

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I'm not choosing to buy the game because there was no substantial F-Zero or GS content. That's just me.

I can choose not to buy the game. I have other things I want to buy too.

And no, some of us aren't big fans of smash. Is that really a hard thing to fathom?
Yeah, this. I wasn't a big fan of Smash 4. Getting Isaac in or some sort of Adventure mode would've been a reason for me to purchase the game but there isn't even a break the targets.
Smash has sort of lost its charm on me. I'll probably pick it up eventually, but eh. As it stands I've got more important things to worry about.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Apologies, Golden Boys, from the fighting lads of Custom Robo...but Issac's new Assist Trophy is pretty badass, I'd say! Rockin' the new hand commands!
What do you think of the trade mark for Custom Robo not getting renewed but somehow there are spirits for it? This is confusing af!

If I had to guess.
1. Goomba
2. Koopa
3. Shy Guy
4. Toad
5. Boo
tbh I Piranha Plant was what confused me the most. At least Toad is important.

Piranha Plant got in over Paper Mario, Toad, Waluigi, and more!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I'm not going to just end here. I will never stop, not here, not now.

Throwing in the towel is the last thing we should do.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The fact they brought Isaac back in my opinion is a very Pyrrhic victory.

We are remembered, we got Golden Sun content back. But we still have a ways to go.

I would not rule out ATs as DLC, since the wave of Waluigi meming will likely lead to him getting in either this season or season 2. We still have a shot, but we need to stay strong.

It has been an honor.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
We shall not go quietly into the night. To do so would be foolish. We must be louder and more persistent than ever. I'm not giving up the fight yet.

NNN

Smash Cadet

- Paper Mario
- Tingle (Suspiciously not an AT anymore and I think he has a big fanbase in Japan)
- Lloyd
- Geno or Sora
- Banjo (I hope)

D

Deleted member

Well, i finished watching the direct, and... I don't know what to think, it certainly killed my expectations, but it's still a great smash game. I'm gonna have to think whether i buy it or not.

And while is dissapointing, specially since we can't even get our golden boy as dlc, i don't think giving up is the way to go, both Ridley and K. Rool fans got what they wanted because they kept pushing. If we stop now, in the hypothetic case of a new smash game (which is bound to happen), Isaac could be cut again.

I know it may be frustrating, i mean, it really feels like we haven't accomplished anything since the Brawl days, but we need to keep strong and make know Nintendo and Sakurai that there's demand for this character.

Also who thought that piranha plant was a good idea to close the direct? it really felt like a final slap in the face.
I feel like they intended it to be a funny wtf choice and even though it was hilarious in the moment- I was struggling to not burst out laughing in class while watching it- in hindsight it may have felt like a major slap in the face to people who wanted characters that got deconfirmed like Isaac or Shadow. I personally didn't feel it when Rex got deconfirmed since he really didn't have much of a chance but damn. I feel for y'all Isaac fans

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
What do you think of the trade mark for Custom Robo not getting renewed but somehow there are spirits for it? This is confusing af!
As this is the Issac thread, please join us in the Custom Robo thread, or look at the links in my signature to find out more about the Copyright issue!

Just know that, regardless of your number one character (Despite my inactivity here, Issac is my most wanted), you just have to keep the faith. You know what they say; after every night, there is a sunrise!

Last edited:
Top Bottom