• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the more I see it, the more it looks like Incineroar was deliberately designed to throw off people. I know this is tin-foil hat nonsense, but maybe the plan was to skip a new Pokemon fighter until well into the DLC cycle.
It's working if its main point was to create doubts among the fans.

I think it was PapaGenos who said that all the confussion about Incineroar could be created due being Incineroar and Ken in the same trailer, so having just Ken in the mural doesn't make any sense for most insiders, as he said someone told him that they saw Incineroar IN the game....

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Yeah I think it's a Elementary School tournament.....but the interesting part is that I think it's the release version. So we could see something interesting there.
If it actually is the release version that they're using then a direct is probably supposed to happen before this thing

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
If it actually is the release version that they're using then a direct is probably supposed to happen before this thing
Is there a source or is it just a theory? I'd expect Nintendo to repeat what happened at EVO (announce a SSBU Direct before GF) this time, a month without info in our context makes it long overdue.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Based on the comment given by spooky mystic, I’m going to present a history/timeline of events, how I imagine they have played out. Insiders tells us one thing, leaks another. But I think it’s a mix of both.

Within the inner circles the whole freaking newcomer trailer leaked. Why do I think that? Because the characters within the leak are property of bloody Pokémon company, and Capcom. Two of the leakiest companies in the entire fleet of companies involved in smash. Pokémon characters, Pokémon games, and all the like leak all the time. Like the Pokémon’s company always leaving every Pokémon ever in their demos and it inevitably gets datamined. In capcoms Park, it’s was borderline common knoledge
that DMC5 was a thing prior to the reveal. Going back further, Monster Hunter World was leaked via 4chan as monster hunter PS4/XB1 nearly half a year before E3. A trailer consisting of both of the most leak happy companies was inevitable to get leaked.

Specifically for Incinroar and Ken, and I’m assuming that the two share a trailer. The reason for this being the similarities between the two characters. Being fist fighter type characters with fire properties. The trailer likely began with Ryu and Ken facing off, Ken winning, and Incinroar showing up to beat up Ken afterwords. Either that’s, Or if we play to Incinroar playing the heel. Incinroar was in either little macs boxing ring, or a new Pokémon themed stage revolving around a fighting arena. He beats the hell out of Ryu, and being the Heel he showboats his victory till Ken shows up later in the trailer to back Ryu, and together they take him down.

As for why Incinroar was hard for vergeben to identify? Because I’m assuming that before the whole video leaked, only bits and pieces leaked. And during the gameplay segment, Decidyeye and Lycanroc get shown as pokeballs. Hence conflicting reports. Some could have seen these two and thought they were the newcomers. And others would have had access to the whole trailer. Vergeben got into contact with someone who did have the trailer, watched it, and reported Incinroar.

Alright. So why does it seem like there is a small scale crisis going on behind the scenes right now? Because the banner leak doesn’t have Incinroar, but it does have another character. Geno. Vergeben was able to confirm that a square Enix character of some kind was playable. But couldn’t answer who. Possibly due to the name alone outing the orignal source on the spot. Spooky mystic mentioned something like this, saying characters would out sources instantly. A ultimate worst case scenario as this particular source could serve as the origin point for many leaks within the community. Tying into the idea of smash leaks being unprecedented. This banner containing Ken and Geno, but not Incinroar caused havoc behind the scenes. With many leakers claiming fake outright based on the apparent contradiction with what they’ve seen.

However. I do not think this history of the events kills the banner outright. My suggestion is a bit crazy. But If this history of events is close to reality I think the leaked banner is real, but it is incomplete, and lacks proper context. (More on that in a sec) Incinroar is playable, however he is not on the leaked banner as the leaked banner was in the process of being laid out by the printing company. That’s why to many, it’s seems like a contradiction. The lack of context itself, is the contradiction, not the people’s testimonies. But this is not a contradiction on the ground of the image being fake, it’s not, rather than being fake, it’s incomplete. That would also explain why the original Snapchat video was angry at Nintendo. Constructing that banner is probably a pain in the butt. The guy shares his vented frustration with a friend, and said friend posts it all over the internet. This would also explain why many in the leak community don’t have hard evidence to present that contradicts it, or are using very tiny things to discredit things. They genuinely don’t know what’s going on.

8 characters? Yes and no. My prediction here Is that should that every character is legit. We’ve all come at this all from the wrong angle. We have a mixture of base game characters and DLC characters here. Banjo was speculated to be DLC on account of papa Genos source. This is true in my history here. To add to that, Mach Rider, And Courus kids are also DLC. Shadow, Geno, Isaac, Incinroar, and Ken, are base. It could really be any different combination thereof but several characters here are dlc. This would also avoid contradicting Sakurais statements. As it’s still less for base.

My picks go this way because of growth and other comments. Isaac is base because of growth and the smash ballot. Geno is base because of vergeben, and the smash 4 mii costume, Incinroar and Ken are base because of rumours in the inner circles. Chorus kids were low priority and got shifted to dlc, same for Mach Rider. These two will fill the role of the “what the hell” character and the “surprise” character respectfully. But due to a time constraight they’d were held off. Banjo is the first fan service dlc character. As for how they would go about announcing this stuff. They would announce the 5 on the base game in the final smash direct, which could last for an hour. Ending off with the dlc announcements which have been planned, but have not entered active development. The direct ends by adding all 8 to the mural, and reiterating, everyone is here.

This history involves a gargantuan amount of assumptions with a limited amount of hard evidence outside of statements and personal accounts. But this was a decent exercise in supposition in an attempt to fill in the high quantity of blanks. I think it’s a strong and explanatory history, but im sure it’s probably nowhere near correct. The possibility could always exist that Kencinroar box theory is it. Or this mural is the real deal and Incinroar is absent and material in the inner circles is wrong. Or we could all be wrong and some other path was followed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wouldn't surprise me honestly. Still think Incineroar is in still hope it is. But if was just a name thrown around to fool people. Dang that'd be one heck of bait and switch.

Still if it's not the final roster is better overall anyway just maybe minus Tye tiger wrestler for now.

Who knows we'll see.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I heavily, heavily doubt that Incineroar is in base game and isn't present on the leaked banner while Chorus Kids and mach rider are present on the leaked banner and are DLC. That doesn't seem even remotely plausible unless for whatever reason they are legitmately hiding Incineroar, in which case they've done an awful job, since that's literally the one character that hasn't been hidden well

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I heavily, heavily doubt that Incineroar is in base game and isn't present on the leaked banner while Chorus Kids and mach rider are present on the leaked banner and are DLC. That doesn't seem even remotely plausible unless for whatever reason they are legitmately hiding Incineroar, in which case they've done an awful job, since that's literally the one character that hasn't been hidden well
You see. That would be the logical summation, but this danced around in conspiracies. I came at It’s form the angle of “what if they’re both right?” And I had to come to the most logical conclusion possible needed to link both accounts togheter. It veers into the crazy, but it was supposed to as I mentioned near the bottom.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The more this leak keeps going, the more it's becoming real and that there's a lot of fishy stuff going on.
Tinfoil hat on: GameXplain, Source Gaming, etc. were hired/paid by Nintendo to help with damage control.

Tinfoil hat off. No matter which way you look at this leak, fake or real, it all leads to one thing. Someone and/or a company are in jeopardy of losing a lot of credibility, trust and money.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Is there a source or is it just a theory? I'd expect Nintendo to repeat what happened at EVO (announce a SSBU Direct before GF) this time, a month without info in our context makes it long overdue.
Not too sure myself but I think it's just a rumour...unless someone else has the source. I've kinda just heard about it so I cant really say

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I am thinking that it is likely we will get a direct on or around November 8. I did a little research and found that the 50-Fact Extravaganza came out 29 days before the release date of Smash Wii U (in North America). Smash Wii U release North America (November 21, 2014) - 50-Fact Extravaganza (October 23, 2014). 29 days before the release of Smash Ultimate is November 8.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Next two weeks, I hold on to this. I think we are definitely around the corner of seeing the reveals within the next 2 weeks.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Incineroar having been leaked among insiders is what really scares me about the validity of this leak. Although, if this leak is fake, it makes me wonder why it doesn't have Incineroar to make itself perfectly fall in line with everything else and really have everyone fooled. Still, either way it doesn't. Incineroar being "leak bait" is quite some wishful thinking. Has such a thing even happened before? Thinking that Incineroar is where this line is drawn with people who got so many other characters right is just a bit too much for me, especially because I have no recollection of this kind of thing having happened before. It's just wishful thinking to the extreme.

Some of the characters on the leaked mural being DLC but not Incineroar is stretching it even further. That would mean that the DLC characters are already solidified (enough to be put in the mural!) and were before Incineroar. Being put on the mural is another thing, as I imagine that is one of the final steps of the process... So Incineroar not being on there, being base game, while DLC characters are is stretching it very far.

I really, really, really want the Grinch leak to be real. But I'm getting scared. Incineroar clashes with it no matter how we look at it. And... I'm incredibly scared for Isaac if this leak doesn't pan out for us. I'm not like the rest of you, I don't have the confidence. This is my third time wanting Isaac. I know how things typically go. And the Rathalos picture and the vague sapling item that might be Growth if we're lucky isn't helping me.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Might as well go down the whole list. Billy if you're reading this and wanna make a video about the insiders and those in the know in reference to the leak, go ahead. This information took a LOT of time to compile.

Gamexplain. 3 of the 6 members of gamexplain have come out saying very confidently that it is fake. Derrik who just hate's leaks in any capacity, Jon who's proven to have industry connections made a bet saying that if the leak was real he'd sit in a dirty puddle (lol), and Andre who says there should be a pokemon. He got very angry about the leak thread on reset era later, comparing it to a trump rally. That got some backlash but since then he's remained silent on the matter.

Spawn Wave. He runs a gaming news channel with an emphasis on Nintendo. He has some mutual's who are in the know. He personally doesn't believe it. On account of Incinroar's absence, and Geno and Banjo's presence. He agree's heavily with Andre seemingly, and commented that the reset era thread would be a thing of beauty before long.

Roger's base. He runs a One Piece and Nintendo hybrid channel. He's friends with several of these people and he was a known supporter of the ESRB leak when it originally hit. This time he is taking the stance of team fake. He's not an insider by any stretch, but given that connection to gamexplain it's not a stretch to say that they told him Incinroar is in.

Liam Roberston. a reporter who has a TON of connections say's that it's fake due to his own sources. However, he has acknowledged the possibility of the rumors he has heard being false, as it has happened in the past. He said he'd willingly take the L if he was wrong, as he put it. He personally theorizes that someone had assets from the leakers previous work place were used to create the leak. He has been very defensive about his stance on it being fake, and call's most of the counter arguments straw grasping.

NGameTheCube. He's not an insider but he is also very well researched, he runs a youtube channel covering Nintendo and leaks. He has predicted a lot of the characters, like Ridley a day or two before the reveal with confidence. He has been very vocal about his support of the leak, and how he thinks it's completely true on every level. He's known for perpetuating the idea of Steve being playable this time around, which came from some leakers.

Spooky Mystic. This is a known leaker who primarily operates within the Kingdom Hearts and Persona communities. He made the claim that the leak is real yesterday. But today further clarified that he had been approached by a ton of people saying with absolute certainty that Incinroar is in. He said that something strange was going on, that smash leaks are uncharted territory for many, and that all the insiders are on different levels of knowledge with tons and tons of conflicting reports. He also said t one newcomer trailer was gonna happen, and that it would contain two characters. And ended off by saying he wasn't going to touch smash again.

Alex/Nintendo Life. Nintendo life is a news website with tons of connections. They produce reviews too. Alex is the face of the youtube channel. He made a video on the leak saying that it was fake. Saying that it was a bit too wish-list like and so on. I myself actually contacted him as he mentioned sources at the end of his video. He told me that he wasn't willing to give out sources (obviously) but stated that said source has never been wrong in the past.

Artsi Omni. He's again, not an insider. But he's a very infamous fake leaker at one point himself. And he's got some background in game development, and is also friends with Gamexplain. He seems to think it's fake, on account of differences in battlefield. But has remained neutral on the whole thing throughout.

Vergeben. The currently most infamous smash leaker or insider. He said that it's fake on account of not having Incinroar. Making a meme joke about Incinroar on life support and posting it on Gamefaqs. He got extremely angry when people made the suggestion that Banjo and Isaac were not in, telling them that just because this leak was in his opinion fake, doesn't mean that Isaac and Banjo and whoever else aren't in.

Leaky Pandy. This is a twitter account that posts rumors and information regarding upcoming games and the like. They've bowed out of smash leaks and have built a bit of a rep for being unreliable. They've gotten direct dates right in the past but missed the content within them. Anyways, they didn't want to comment on the banner leak, but when Liam Roberston confirmed that the leak's person was in fact a real guy who worked at a real print shop, they simply wrote "RIP" They then retweeted Push Dustin's posting of the translation of Marina's statement. They then later commented on the toxicity surrounding the discussion that Andre alluded too.

Stealth_. This is a pretty popular twitter user and he does market research. He's been a guest on various podcasts in the past as well. He's not really an insider, but he's alluded to thing in the past that turned out legitimate. For instance, he firmly believed that a new DK character would be present in the game, and some time late reply we got K rool. He firmly believes that the leak is fake, saying that some nintendo employees must have had a laugh. After that though when the sprout item was identified as potentially from golden sun, he cast out support for Isaac, an action that he has taken several times in the past.

Ryan Brown. This is another reporter. He's fairly close friends with people like Laura Kate Dale, another infamous leaker who was behind the magnum opus that was the switch leaks. He commented that Genuine leaks have happened in the past and that they aren't out of the realm of possibility. He personally wants the leak to be true on account of being a mach rider supporter.

Nintendo Voice Chat. This is a podcast hosted on IGN. Gamexplain has been on with them before. Being associated with IGN it's fair to say that they'd be in the know. That having been said, they've seemingly cast support in favor of the leak, discussing it positively in episode 430 of their show.

[Update 1]
Papa Genos. This guy is a smash leak youtuber. He originally created his channel in support of Mach Rider, which is a character that he felt was severely underestimated. He has made videos covering various 4chan text leaks and image leaks leading up to this point. He claims to have a source, and this source has a source from within Microsoft. And said Microsoft source was aware of Banjo, all the characters currently on the banner, in combination with Incinroar. Because of Incinroar's absence this source is very confused at the current time. I contacted Papa Geno's personally on discord to ask about the nature of the source. He stated that he obviously wasn't willing to give up the source, but that they came to him, and that if I were to know the source i'd probably believe him. He currently presents the theory that either A, Incinroar is DLC, B, Incinroar is leak bait, or C, the leaked banner itself is leak bait. He firmly believes that this leak isn't fabricated due to his source, and that it has to have come from somewhere official. Regardless of it's true nature.

[Update 2]
Emily Rogers. Emily Rogers is a ridiculously promintnet Nintendo’s leaker with a very strong track record. For instance, she leaked many years in advanced that breath of the wild (then called Zelda U) would be the biggest Nintendo video game of all time. She did comment prior to E3 that smash switch’s roster would be “unbelievably amazing” however, After the switch leaks, she bowed out of the leak game for the most part. She replied to Nintendo’s everything article on the initial grinch leak, stating “I wouldn’t buy what that grinch leak Is selling” I reached out for comment in a reply, if she reply’s or adds anything, I will amend further. It’s unclear if she thinks the leak is fake based on sources, or if it’s her personal take away.

A very diverse range of opinions are represented. And if I misrepresented anyone, or wrote something in an awkward fashion, i'll amend my post as needed. The common theme here is that people think it's fake on account of Incinroar's absence. Or think it's real on account of surrounding evidence. It's a mess, to say the least. I'm not sure what to think. I've only managed to keep tabs on all of these various people and sources at once just on account of surfing the whole damn internet at once the day this leak hit.

[update]
I personally trust Emily Rogers more than anyone else on this list. Is she claims to have information, and this isn’t her personal guess, I will be team fake.
I made a sizeable amendment to this list with the recent addition of Emily Rogers. Who recently spoke out on twitter. I also added my own opinion, that if she got this from a source, it’s probably a real account. My stance on that would be due to her reluctance to typically comment on things like these unless she’s ridiculously confident before hand. In my eyes this is the first serious step towards a grinch leak debunk. Now we’re just waiting.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Incineroar having been leaked among insiders is what really scares me about the validity of this leak. Although, if this leak is fake, it makes me wonder why it doesn't have Incineroar to make itself perfectly fall in line with everything else and really have everyone fooled. Still, either way it doesn't. Incineroar being "leak bait" is quite some wishful thinking. Has such a thing even happened before? Thinking that Incineroar is where this line is drawn with people who got so many other characters right is just a bit too much for me, especially because I have no recollection of this kind of thing having happened before. It's just wishful thinking to the extreme.

Some of the characters on the leaked mural being DLC but not Incineroar is stretching it even further. That would mean that the DLC characters are already solidified (enough to be put in the mural!) and were before Incineroar. Being put on the mural is another thing, as I imagine that is one of the final steps of the process... So Incineroar not being on there, being base game, while DLC characters are is stretching it very far.

I really, really, really want the Grinch leak to be real. But I'm getting scared. Incineroar clashes with it no matter how we look at it. And... I'm incredibly scared for Isaac if this leak doesn't pan out for us. I'm not like the rest of you, I don't have the confidence. This is my third time wanting Isaac. I know how things typically go. And the Rathalos picture and the vague sapling item that might be Growth if we're lucky isn't helping me.
Think about this; if the leak was fake, why did the creator go out of their way to cover themselves so much, yet leave out the one Newcomer who was considered a shoe in by the community passed September?

Edit: Emily Rogers has gotten a lot of things wrong in the past, including Mother 3, and Sun/Moon remaster for the Switch. So her claiming it's fake means nothing, as she is completely unreliable.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
What are Emily Rogers precedentials and what was the last thing she got right?

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

Square uses leak bait a lot from what I've heard.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Incineroar was never going to be in. If all the insiders think he is - which is weird seeing how aside from Vergeben nobody said a peep until now - then they all got baited as ****.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
All these small 3rd party names claiming to have sources that know the roster of Ultimate, when Nintendo made serious precautions to keep things secret is way more fishy than the mural leak. If all of them had this info, why didn't they share it beforehand? And if this mural leak is fake, why do they care so much about debunking it?

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
What are Emily Rogers precedentials and what was the last thing she got right?
I wrote it down on the insider compilation. The most noteworthy thing prior to this was her statement on discord that’s the smash ultiamte roster would be, quote, unbelievably amazing, and have nearly no cuts. Before that she was the first person to call that the switch would feature unreal engine 4, and unity 5. She was also among the first leakers to indicate that the switch’s battery wasn’t amazing. Going further back, she was the very first to step forward and conclusively say that the switch, then called NX, was weaker than XboxOne. Going very far back, in 2012, when the WiiU was project cafe, she laid the claim out that Breath of the wild, then called Zelda U, would be the biggest Nintendo game production of all time. 4 years before the game was formally announced. In that same batch of leaks, she laid out that Nintendo was trying to get third party devs on WiiU, before th console was annocued. That panned out, In the wrong way.

Her record and information is not to be trifled with. I’m honestly extremely shocked that she decided to comment on this. She has been wrong a few times, but her victories are far, FAR larger in quantities than her blunders.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Incineroar was never going to be in. If all the insiders think he is - which is weird seeing how aside from Vergeben nobody said a peep until now - then they all got baited as ****.
That's the funny thing about Incineroar, it seems aside from Verge, nobody really talked about him, and Ken (who's always stated alongside him) got an actual leak. I felt like Steve was talked about more between sources, during that time the board was in chaos over his inclusion lol.

Also one of my counters for the 103 stages was that, there's no way Pokemon is not getting a stage of it's recent entry like Mario/Zelda did, come on now it's Pokemon! But if Incineroar isn't in, it really explains why it wasn't shown off before. People expected a Pokemon newcomer despite the stage so it wouldn't matter if they hid it.

Either way, Incineroar or not, several characters on this leak make sense to be playable anyways. Like my example about Shadow. Only Chorus Kids and Mach Rider have something to lose with this leak being fake and us being back to expecting a 2-3 newcomers or something.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Given Emily's track record if she's saying the leak is fake I'd honestly count that as a point in favor of the leak.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Look at the comparison! My god!
The stars as gone, the clouds looks different!
Obviously the second image is Fake!
ANY person using Photoshop could do this!

pixel.jpg

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
All these small 3rd party names claiming to have sources that know the roster of Ultimate, when Nintendo made serious precautions to keep things secret is way more fishy than the mural leak. If all of them had this info, why didn't they share it beforehand? And if this mural leak is fake, why do they care so much about debunking it?
Even the very, VERY best precautions can lead to information coming out through the cracks. A janitor who hates the community who just happens to work in an area with access to the information on a daily basis here, an underplayed employee there who feels under appreciated by the management staff there. Even the very best security with this sort of information of all time can create cracks. This grinch leak is an example of such a crack, if it’s real. Anyways, why leak or not leak? Because like regular reporters they lay claim to stories one by one. Vergeben probably got the jump on that scoop. If the leak is real, they’re doing it to save some credibility. Which if you were a reporter too, you’d do. But if the leak is fake, and they have evidence that it is fake. Than believe it or not they’re doing it to help people. They want to keep people’s expectations from ballooning out of control and raging at these companies, because to work in this industry in the first place they have to basically love these places to start with.

Blunders from six years ago or more, do not account for her current track record. To clarify on link, she said that link would be female as an option based on outdated information, as the developer clarified that this was considered at one point. Mother 3 was a massive hoax spread around like candy, but again that happened 3 years ago. GTA5 was not a leak, that was a prediction on her part as she clarified. NOA was extremely hesitant to publish Devils third, this is a fact. And when released the game shipped less than 2K copies in all of America. They were actively considering searching for a new publishers.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. Altais
  17. Amberloo
  18. Amtoj
  19. AncientArk
  20. andimidna
  21. Androobie
  22. Aeon Lupin
  23. Apollyon
  24. Aqua Rock X
  25. AquaDork1
  26. AquaSol
  27. Arcadenik
  28. ArkSPiTFirE
  29. Arsenal234,
  30. Arteen
  31. Asian_Charizard
  32. Astraltar
  33. Aureola
  34. Aurora Jenny
  35. AustarusIV
  36. AwesomeCauliflower68
  37. Awesomedude444
  38. aztimh
  39. Backgammon
  40. Baddies are back
  41. Balgorxz
  42. BandannaWaddleDee
  43. Bane84
  44. Banjodorf
  45. bassem6
  46. Bassoonist
  47. Billybae10K
  48. BillyBat
  49. Bingoshi
  50. Bkupa666
  51. Black Magician
  52. Blackwolf666
  53. Blaziken
  54. Blue7113
  55. BluePikmin11
  56. BoltDragon
  57. BoN~
  58. Bowser-Daimao
  59. BravadoMan_13
  60. BridgesWithTurtles
  61. Brother AJ
  62. Browny
  63. Buddy002
  64. Bunny8093
  65. BUnit
  66. Burruni
  67. Calamitas
  68. Calane
  69. CactusBlah
  70. candyissweet
  71. Capita
  72. Cap'nChreest
  73. Captain Toad
  74. CardStealer1
  75. Cazzone,
  76. Chapter Serf
  77. CheckmateChuck
  78. CheeseBroJoe
  79. Cheezey Bites
  80. ChirimoyaX
  81. Chromfirmed
  82. Chrono.
  83. ChronoPenguin
  84. clearandsweet
  85. ClinkStryphart
  86. CliffJumper
  87. Clumsyzephyr
  88. Coaltergeist
  89. cocy965
  90. Cos.
  91. Confirmation
  92. Connorb0t2
  93. Crap-Zapper
  94. CrocoLoco
  95. CrossDispatcher
  96. cybersai
  97. Dalek_Kolt
  98. Darkdarkness
  99. Darkfur
  100. DatoSm
  101. Dee Dude
  102. Delta64
  103. Demonfunds
  104. Dendros
  105. Desert Croc
  106. Destroyer713
  107. Dezeray112
  108. Dhragen
  109. Dib The Crazy Kid
  110. Diddy Kong
  111. Dihan
  112. Dimensionsword64
  113. Dionaea_floridensis
  114. direktor
  115. DivinexRose
  116. DJ3DS
  117. DJBor
  118. D-Man9293
  119. DMurr
  120. DogManStar
  121. DoodleDuck97
  122. Doncalot
  123. DraginHikari
  124. Drakonis
  125. DrJayfox
  126. Dromader
  127. DukeNapoleon
  128. DustyPumpkin
  129. Dyllybirdy
  130. e105beta
  131. Eagle
  132. EclairSpark
  133. EclipseSmash
  134. EddyBearr
  135. ED Cantu
  136. Edlocke
  137. egaddmario
  138. ElPanandero
  139. El Syd
  140. EndlessChrom
  141. EndlessRain
  142. EnhaloTricks
  143. EricTheGamerman
  144. Essora
  145. ETFruitNinja
  146. ethanrodgers223
  147. Ezequileste
  148. Falgor
  149. Falkoopa
  150. False Sense
  151. FamiconDisk
  152. Felix_the_Slayer
  153. fenyx4
  154. ferioku
  155. Fire Rider
  156. Fire Tactician
  157. Fire_Voyager
  158. FirstBlade
  159. Flamel
  160. Flamingbird
  161. Flareon
  162. Flarzo
  163. Flik
  164. FlintIke
  165. Flynn.Scifo
  166. fogbadge.
  167. foolssigma
  168. FooltheFlames
  169. FrankAL
  170. FreddyOnDrugs
  171. Friesnchip
  172. Frosty Pops
  173. GalacticPetey
  174. Gameguy1996
  175. Gazorpazorpfield
  176. Geassguy
  177. gebi
  178. Geno Boost
  179. ghastmine
  180. Ghirahilda
  181. GhostStorm
  182. Gioka
  183. GladiusVortex
  184. GM_3826
  185. GoldenBoy01
  186. Golden Icarus
  187. GoldenSunIsAlive
  188. GoodGrief741
  189. Gotann
  190. GraveEclipse567
  191. gspindles
  192. Gurein
  193. Hakerson
  194. heylodom
  195. Highway20
  196. Holdenon
  197. hustler713
  198. Huanchi
  199. hwrdjacob
  200. iam8bit
  201. Icana
  202. iDazedX_x
  203. Inawordyes
  204. IntelliHeath1
  205. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  206. isaac3000
  207. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  208. Isaac for Smash Pls
  209. IsaacOrRiot
  210. Isaac: Venus Adept
  211. Istry555
  212. ItsRainingGravy
  213. ItsYio
  214. IvanQuote
  215. JaidynReiman
  216. Jak_spoon
  217. JamesDNaux
  218. James Tutumbero
  219. Jamurai
  220. Jandlebars
  221. JarBear
  222. Javifa
  223. Jclubsandwich
  224. JDogindy
  225. JesseMcCloud
  226. Jibunzo
  227. Johnknight1
  228. JohnnySparkxs
  229. JoyStar
  230. Jupiter Ivan
  231. Jurae818
  232. Just a random scrub
  233. jweb22
  234. Kalaam
  235. Kalomaze
  236. KCCHIEFS27
  237. KeniththeGatherer
  238. KeybladeSmasher
  239. KHJason95
  240. Kikaru
  241. Kind Dedede
  242. KingCloud
  243. KingShadow
  244. KingTorra
  245. KingZing
  246. KiraYoshikage
  247. KirbyDragon
  248. Kirbyfan391
  249. Kisae
  250. Klimax
  251. KMDP
  252. Knight-Adept
  253. KoalaNut
  254. Kokirikory
  255. KoopaSaki
  256. Koori
  257. Kremling Man
  258. Kumatora
  259. KurouKamen
  260. Kycse
  261. Lady Palutena
  262. Lampy
  263. LaniusShrike
  264. lanky_gunner
  265. LasermasterA
  266. Leafeon523
  267. Ledfarmer
  268. LeeYawshee
  269. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  270. LegendOfDragoon
  271. legendofrob1
  272. LemmyKoopa
  273. lexpic17
  274. lightdasher
  275. LightheartedBum
  276. Lightosia
  277. Linq
  278. Lisbon Mapping
  279. littl-myth
  280. Liverpool19
  281. LoboRundas
  282. Lone (Thirteenth)
  283. Lonodel
  284. Lord-Zero
  285. Lucanic
  286. Lucimar
  287. Ludjinnado
  288. Luigifan18
  289. lunarum
  290. Lukingordex
  291. Lurxy
  292. Lynn Eslie
  293. M23-X0
  294. MacSmitty
  295. MagiusNecros
  296. MAGMIS
  297. MainJPW
  298. Malcolm Belmont
  299. MaskO'Gears
  300. Master Rapier
  301. MasterMushroom
  302. MatthewVenusAdept
  303. Mav485
  304. McLapras
  305. MeatOfJustice
  306. Mega Bidoof
  307. Mehdow
  308. Mendelsin
  309. MetalMario128
  310. Metocles
  311. Midnight Torch
  312. Miifighters4Smash5
  313. Minato Arisato
  314. Mike Cometa
  315. Mikegamer0608
  316. Mishudo
  317. Monkokaio
  318. MonopolyRubix
  319. MorbidAltruism
  320. Moydow
  321. MrGame&Rock
  322. MrMacBeth
  323. MrToxicVoltage
  324. Muirkat
  325. Mythzotick
  326. mynameisv
  327. MysticKnives
  328. N1N
  329. N3ON
  330. Nauzgo
  331. Necro Toad
  332. Neo Zero
  333. NessAtc.
  334. Niala
  335. Nimbostratus
  336. NineS
  337. Ninjakid41592
  338. Nintandy
  339. Nintendokusou
  340. NitrusVirus
  341. NonSpecificGuy
  342. NoOtherPersona
  343. NoR4U
  344. Nossnitro102
  345. Octillus
  346. Oddyesy
  347. oh.glory
  348. OhMyBanana54
  349. Olo
  350. Onassi2
  351. Oniric Spriter
  352. Ookami Ryo
  353. OpticalBlast
  354. OptimisticStrifer
  355. Oracle_Summon
  356. Organization XIII
  357. osby
  358. otarolgam
  359. Oz37
  360. Pacack
  361. Papagenos
  362. ParanoidDrone
  363. Pcubed007
  364. Pennate
  365. Phaazoid
  366. PhilosophicAnimal
  367. pholtos
  368. Pizza Robo
  369. P.Kat
  370. Plain Yogurt
  371. Playcube
  372. PlayfulMushroom
  373. POKEMANSPIKA
  374. PokiehlthePoet
  375. Powerman293
  376. praline
  377. proxian
  378. psb123
  379. PSIguy89
  380. PSYNergy
  381. PrinceGal3n
  382. PurpleStuff5
  383. PWN3
  384. Pwnapplez
  385. Pyzlnar
  386. QcSlayer
  387. Q-Long
  388. Quetzal77
  389. R.O.B.
  390. Radical Beam
  391. Radori
  392. Raetah
  393. Rafuki21
  394. Raykz
  395. Raziek
  396. Red Dasher
  397. Red Ryu
  398. RegiGygas117
  399. RenH
  400. Replica
  401. Rethuic
  402. Retroen
  403. RetroMetalSonic
  404. RhymeswithEmpty
  405. Roger Smith
  406. RosaPeach
  407. Royaru
  408. Royvolution Ream
  409. RumpletrellskiN
  410. Ryan
  411. Ryuji
  412. Ryuutakeshi
  413. Sabrewulf238
  414. Saer2k
  415. Sagittarius
  416. Salocin
  417. sandfall
  418. SanicJan
  419. Sari
  420. Scatmansworld25
  421. Scoliosis Jones
  422. scoobymcsnack
  423. Seb9k+
  424. SebasSancy
  425. Secret Sexytime
  426. Seleir
  427. Seoxys
  428. Sephazon
  429. ShadowGuy1
  430. Shawnullah
  431. sheik93
  432. shellshocker18
  433. Shin F.
  434. Shinhed-echi
  435. Shiny Porygon
  436. Shog
  437. Sidboylol
  438. Silo777
  439. SirCamp
  440. Skeleton o' Fun
  441. SkullKidKing
  442. Skyblade12
  443. Skyfox2000
  444. sman3975
  445. Smash_Handle69
  446. SmashBro99
  447. smashingDoug
  448. smashkirby
  449. Smashmar2
  450. smash puffle
  451. SmashShadow
  452. smashtriforce77
  453. smileMasky
  454. SmilingMad
  455. SMX
  456. Solbliminal
  457. Solfiner
  458. someonetookjacob
  459. SonicLink125
  460. SonicSmasher
  461. SoraSaturn
  462. Sordim522
  463. SorMago
  464. SorrowOfAcheron
  465. SoulofKhaos
  466. Soulsaint
  467. SoupCanMafia
  468. Sparkus
  469. Spatman
  470. Spazzy_D
  471. Speedwagon
  472. spoilerowl
  473. Spootondorf
  474. Sqid
  475. Squirtle/Mario guy
  476. SSBFan
  477. Staarih
  478. StaffofSmashing
  479. Strider_Bond00J
  480. StrikeBlade
  481. SundaeS
  482. SuperBrawler
  483. Superfiremario
  484. SuperNintendoKid
  485. Supersmash77
  486. Superyoshiom
  487. Swampasaur
  488. Sykin
  489. Takasmash
  490. tamagone
  491. TappyBat
  492. TBone06
  493. tbuster766
  494. TCT~Phantom
  495. TeamFlareZakk
  496. Techno1000
  497. TeenGirlSquad
  498. TehEpicRyuga
  499. TempestSurge
  500. Tetiro
  501. ThatShadowLink
  502. THE 6r
  503. The Curious Volnutt
  504. The One Who Wrote This
  505. Thekewlusername
  506. T-Hell
  507. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  508. TheSeanMan
  509. TheSpaceKing
  510. The Stoopid Unikorn
  511. TheTactician
  512. THE TemporaryFool
  513. thethirdkoopa
  514. TheZoologist
  515. ThirdDay
  516. ThoughtfulWanderer
  517. ThunderOverload
  518. TiaSilvia
  519. TimeSmash
  520. Tinfoil
  521. Tiymako
  522. ToothiestAura
  523. topspin1617
  524. Travix Man
  525. TreeBranch
  526. True Blue Warrior
  527. Turmalinium
  528. tveye
  529. tyrus+
  530. UltimateWario
  531. Ultinarok
  532. Undella2
  533. User Name String
  534. UtopianPoyzin
  535. valkiriforce
  536. Vann Accessible
  537. Vegito2727
  538. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  539. Vintage Creep
  540. Violenceman
  541. walph
  542. warelander
  543. Warheart_666
  544. Wigglytuff ★
  545. winterofsilver
  546. Wintropy
  547. WhiteEaglePL
  548. Xelion
  549. Xenigma
  550. XenoWarriorX
  551. XeVioN
  552. Xiivi
  553. Xithyl_kykorl
  554. xLemmy_KoopaX
  555. xNaz
  556. xpnc
  557. XTremeGamer1234
  558. XxLtxX
  559. Yangfly Leone
  560. YellowLord
  561. Yggdra
  562. Yoh
  563. Yoshi444
  564. YoshiandToad
  565. Young Horsetail
  566. Your Hero
  567. Ypsen
  568. Yuki Setsuna
  569. Yusa
  570. YwhaletailY
  571. Zabadoo
  572. zabimaru1000
  573. zagman505
  574. zaiman12345
  575. Zalaresh
  576. Zandro
  577. ZanZero
  578. ZarroTsu
  579. ZeldaMaster
  580. ZelDan
  581. ZestyÑ
  582. zferolie
  583. zmero_
  584. Zulyar
  585. Zuppo

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm definitely sure things will be moving heavily during November with Smash. This leak's probably a very big beginning of it...

Yep and November starts mid of this next week… and they are already tweeting about the Nintendo Live events that include Smash starting next weekened, so we're in this ride pretty much now.
tumblr_pgnl9ehFtD1vz54q7o9_540.gif

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I wrote it down on the insider compilation. The most noteworthy thing prior to this was her statement on discord that’s the smash ultiamte would be unbelievably amazing, and have nearly no, or actual no cuts at all. Before that she was the first person to call that the switch would feature unreal engine 4, and unity 5. She was also among th first leakers to indicate that the switch’s battery wasn’t amazing. Going further back, she was the very first to step forward and conclusively say that the switch, then called NX, was weaker than XboxOne. Going very far back, in 2012, when the WiiU was project cafe, she laid the claim out that Breath of the wild, then called Zelda U, would be the biggest Nintendo game production of all time. 4 years before the game was formally announced. In that same batch of leaks, she laid out that Nintendo was trying to get third party devs on WiiU, before th console was annocued. That panned out, In the wrong way.

Her record and information is not to be trifled with. I’m honestly extremely shocked that she decided to comment on this. She has been wrong a few times, but her victories are far, FAR larger in quantities than her blunders.
Alright, thanks for the info.
I don't want to sound like I'm reaching but I have to give my thoughts on this. Why doesn't she exactly say why she doesn't think the leak is real?
Her comments about Smash Ultimate before the reveal are devoid of confirmation. Every comments she makes, she never gives any confirmation and confidence to her claims, a bit like Vergenben. You could then say that her sources aren't sure but then the whole thing falls apart.

D

Deleted member

Happy to be on the list Aw shucks you know how to make this guy smile.

Anyway glad to support such a fantastic character like Isaac.

And hope to learn and see more from the fantastic Golden Sun series someday.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Happy to be on the list Aw shucks you know how to make this guy smile.

Anyway glad to support such a fantastic character like Isaac.

And hope to learn and see more from the fantastic Golden Sun series someday.
For people like you and every other potential GS newcomer I would rly hope that they are gonna remake GS for the switch so that all of you get to enjoy GS as well :D

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Sorry to bother guys, but I'm working on writing something up about the leak. Does anyone have the image someone drew showing what Issac is doing in the leak. Couldn't find it. Would greatly appreciate it.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I wrote it down on the insider compilation. The most noteworthy thing prior to this was her statement on discord that’s the smash ultiamte roster would be, quote, unbelievably amazing, and have nearly no cuts. Before that she was the first person to call that the switch would feature unreal engine 4, and unity 5. She was also among the first leakers to indicate that the switch’s battery wasn’t amazing. Going further back, she was the very first to step forward and conclusively say that the switch, then called NX, was weaker than XboxOne. Going very far back, in 2012, when the WiiU was project cafe, she laid the claim out that Breath of the wild, then called Zelda U, would be the biggest Nintendo game production of all time. 4 years before the game was formally announced. In that same batch of leaks, she laid out that Nintendo was trying to get third party devs on WiiU, before th console was annocued. That panned out, In the wrong way.

These are all pretty weak "leaks", though, aren't they...?

Saying that a game will have an "unbelievably amazing roster", and that it'll have nearly/absolutely no cuts, is an alright piece of evidence. In fact, unless I'm remembering something different than you are, her actual words were that Nintendo wants it to be the "Ultimate Smash Bros", and that the additions will "make people jump out of their seats". The "Ultimate Smash Bros"? And now we've got "Smash Bros Ultimate"? Wow, that's an even more impressive quote than it having an "unbelievably amazing roster"!

But the other things aren't super crazy, are they? Saying that the Switch will feature common engines supported on competitors' platforms? Saying that the Switch will be weaker than competing consoles, which has always been a pretty common trait for Nintendo? Saying that it has a weak battery? These are all things that are pretty easy to guess, right? Even saying that Zelda would be the biggest Nintendo production of all time... pretty vague claims that aren't impossible to guess, right?

Whereas specifics like Mother 3 releasing in 2016, Soul Caliber 5 and GTA5 coming to the Wii U, Pikmin 3 coming to E3 2011, Mario Odyssey being a Switch launch title, and Splatoon getting ported to the Switch, among other things, didn't end up happening.

I'm not saying she's entirely uncredible - it's entirely possible that she really did know everything about the Switch, and she's gotten stuff right before, like Paper Mario Color Splash, and getting Miiverse's 3DS launch date correct, but she's definitely not consistently reliable. I'm curious - why would switch to thinking it's fake if she said it was? Unless I'm missing something, she doesn't really have a solid track record...

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So on closer inspection, that's not a djinn next to Isaac, I believe. His hand is casting Psynergy. The "belly" of the djinn is just empty space.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
So on closer inspection, that's not a djinn next to Isaac, I believe. His hand is casting Psynergy. The "belly" of the djinn is just empty space.
That's what I've been thinking for a while but it's hard to tell since the Djinn's belly might as well be the same color.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Blunders from six years ago or more, do not account for her current track record. To clarify on link, she said that link would be female as an option based on outdated information, as the developer clarified that this was considered at one point. Mother 3 was a massive hoax spread around like candy, but again that happened 3 years ago. GTA5 was not a leak, that was a prediction on her part as she clarified. NOA was extremely hesitant to publish Devils third, this is a fact. And when released the game shipped less than 2K copies in all of America. They were actively considering searching for a new publishers.
she still published the information without having direct confirmation, nonetheless.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
This are all pretty weak "leaks", though, aren't they...?

Saying that a game will have an "unbelievably amazing roster", and that it'll have nearly/absolutely no cuts, is an alright piece of evidence. In fact, unless I'm remembering something different than you are, her actual words were that Nintendo wants it to be the "Ultimate Smash Bros", and that the additions will "make people jump out of their seats". The "Ultimate Smash Bros"? And now we've got "Smash Bros Ultimate"? Wow, that's an even more impressive quote than it having an "unbelievably amazing roster"!

But the other things aren't super crazy, are they? Saying that the Switch will feature common engines supported on competitors' platforms? Saying that the Switch will be weaker than competing consoles, which has always been a pretty common trait for Nintendo? Saying that it has a weak battery? These are all things that are pretty easy to guess, right? Even saying that Zelda would be the biggest Nintendo production of all time... pretty vague claims that aren't impossible to guess, right?

Whereas specifics like Mother 3 releasing in 2016, Soul Caliber 5 and GTA5 coming to the Wii U, Pikmin 3 coming to E3 2011, Mario Odyssey being a Switch launch title, and Splatoon getting ported to the Switch, among other things, didn't end up happening.

I'm not saying she's entirely uncredible - it's entirely possible that she really did know everything about the Switch, and she's gotten stuff right before, like Paper Mario Color Splash, and getting Miiverse's 3DS launch date correct, but she's definitely not consistently reliable. I'm curious - why would switch to thinking it's fake if she said it was? Unless I'm missing something, she doesn't really have a solid track record...
Mario odyssey launch, and Splatoon port were things that ar getting credited to her that aren’t true. The orignal source for that report was Liam Robertson and Laura Kate dale. She said that she had heard of thos things and believed they’d were true, but the instant that Liam and Luara back pedaled on the games, she did too. Her initial report from sometime in May or June, I don’t quite recall, was that there was about a 50/50 shot of Splatoon getting ported. We know now that it was a sequel heavily based on the previous version like hence the initial uncertainty.

I’ll put it this way. If you read her blog, and how it line does up with the switch, she basically knew freaking everything. As for why it’s important that she said the switch was weaker. This report came all the way in February of 2016. Back when everything indicated on the outside that Nintendo was engineering some sort of PS4 killer. Said rumor getting picked up in many places by the gaming news outlets. She was the first in a sea of people to identify that extremely important fact about the switch.

As for why it would personally change my stance on the leak. She never comments unless she’s absolutely certain anymore. Following years of harassment by the community, she’s gotten the point where she has seen fit to double, and triple source information before making any move at all. And so her info drops have become very few and very far between. If she’s willing to make a statement, that means that she has made absolutely certain, with no room for error, that there Is something wrong. Again, that is assuming her statements came from a place of sources, and not from a place of speculation. And until she gets back to me or someone else on that, it can’t be said with certainty.

Top Bottom