• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am curious. If there is one character that could get in over Isaac that would shock you who would it be? If you saw this character get in, you'd be scratching your head wondering how they got in and Isaac didn't due to his ballot presence and popularity.
Steve.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I am curious. If there is one character that could get in over Isaac that would shock you who would it be? If you saw this character get in, you'd be scratching your head wondering how they got in and Isaac didn't due to his ballot presence and popularity. I want to see where you guys stand on what would be more shocking of a character to make it in instead of the Golden Boy. (Ex: Oh wow Chi-Bi Robo got in and Isaac didn't...huh?)
Rubix cube looking, block spitting, 3 frames per second guy! (Aka Steve)

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Hot take: What if the reason Isaac's assist trophy hasn't been shown off yet is because he has none to show off?
Not likely. The difference between him and the other missing Brawl ATs is that he has huge, unignorable demand. It's far more visible than Krystal or Sukapon was.

He's either an assist or playable. There's a non zero chance neither will happen, but 0.00009% isn't a great percent either

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if the reason Isaac wasnt an AT in Sm4sh was maybe cause he was being considered a possibility for DLC but lost out to Cloud, Bayo and other characters people wanted more then. I also wonder how high Isaac placed in the sm4sh ballots back then in comparison to D.Samus and Isabelle...

But anyway, so many desirables have been added to Ultimate now that Isaac will have ascended to being one of the characters with the most numbers backing him that hasnt been added yet. (i think a nice example is this thread itself has 8000 more replies than any other newcomer thread)

ferioku

Smash Ace
Not likely. The difference between him and the other missing Brawl ATs is that he has huge, unignorable demand. It's far more visible than Krystal or Sukapon was.
Far far far more of a bigger demand. A lot to show with Isaac and he's undoubtfully one of the top 3 highest requested as of now.

Sakurai will be making a huge mistake if he doesn't even add him in as a DLC character(if he isn't playable) because that is a HUGE amount of money

Edit: We're nearing to release and still no information for a direct or anything!?! This just gets my blood pumping the more I think about Isaac, I just want to get these last couple of months over and done with and hopefully the wait is worth while!

I wonder if the reason Isaac wasnt an AT in Sm4sh was maybe cause he was being considered a possibility for DLC but lost out to Cloud, Bayo and other characters people wanted more then.
He wasn't even a trophy... Let alone assist trophy! Imagine the disrespect lol, to Golden Sun!

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
*pant* finally caught up *gasp* with the thread *wheeze*

I have been replaying rhe first game and just imagining every time Isaac attacks as a move in Smash...is that weird?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
*pant* finally caught up *gasp* with the thread *wheeze*

I have been replaying rhe first game and just imagining every time Isaac attacks as a move in Smash...is that weird?
Not at all man. That could be a forward smash or dash attack!

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I am curious. If there is one character that could get in over Isaac that would shock you who would it be? If you saw this character get in, you'd be scratching your head wondering how they got in and Isaac didn't due to his ballot presence and popularity. I want to see where you guys stand on what would be more shocking of a character to make it in instead of the Golden Boy. (Ex: Oh wow Chi-Bi Robo got in and Isaac didn't...huh?)
Dillon.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

He's either an assist or playable. There's a non zero chance neither will happen, but 0.00009% isn't a great percent either
Well, even currently there are some Ultimate assist trophies that aren't all Krystal/Shovel Knight/Lyn types of popularity that got deconfirmed, some are there to just rep the series of existing playable characters. I just find it odd that no Brawl assists, aside from Gray Fox, have returned in general and that if Isaac did have an assist, and he has such a huge and hard to ignore demand, I'd have dropped that ticking time bomb early, rather than hold on to it. Either way I did state way back if Sakurai was touching Isaac's old Brawl assist at all, it'd be to make him playable.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't like it when people use or make a fake leak with this series symbol.

That is wayyyy too complex for a series symbol.

Something like this would look much better and would be WAY more believable.

(I have no idea why this image wont show up)

https://i.imgtc.com/W2PsVS8.png

If Isaac gets in and his series symbol looks like the first one i'll eat my words but for now i'm pretty adamant about this.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

If Isaac gets in and his series symbol looks like the first one i'll eat my words but for now i'm pretty adamant about this.
Complex symbols are infrequent but not new.
CastlevaniaSymbol.png
EarthboundSymbol.png

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

Castlevania has an entire castle

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Been a while since we got a song from a series with no playable characters. Would be cool to hear something from like Hotel Dusk or Advance Wars (I would love a playable AW character but I'm not exactly optimistic about that lol)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Been a while since we got a song from a series with no playable characters. Would be cool to hear something from like Hotel Dusk or Advance Wars (I would love a playable AW character but I'm not exactly optimistic about that lol)
Got that Tomodachi Life song like two weeks ago...

Though I guess you could relate that to the Miis.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Oh boy! This is going to be fun:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9os0is/guy_who_leaked_cloud_back_in_smash_4_says_there/

Apparently a guy named Tagnut who was the only one who actually leaked Cloud back during the Smash 4 DLC days has come out and said that there is a legit leak that we've seen (but have discarded as fake) that Nintendo is pretty upset about. He doesn't know what leak it is, but knows it's not the Ken leak. Any ideas what it could of been? My money is on either the Skull Kid trailer footage where he fights Fierce Deity or a random Geno pic leak.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9os0is/guy_who_leaked_cloud_back_in_smash_4_says_there/

Apparently a guy named Tagnut who was the only one who actually leaked Cloud back during the Smash 4 DLC days has come out and said that there is a legit leak that we've seen (but have discarded as fake) that Nintendo is pretty upset about. He doesn't know what leak it is, but knows it's not the Ken leak. Any ideas what it could of been? My money is on either the Skull Kid trailer footage where he fights Fierce Deity or a random Geno pic leak.
Skull Kid (as much as I want him) leaks seem fake, that trailer footage looking like it was made in Source Film Maker, and images using the same model as his SSB4 assist trophy.

My money is on this Geno image:
Geno.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

This is like an anti-leak. He may be telling the truth but the only thing that'll come of it is people continuing to spin their wheels. Going back to comb over old leaks seems kinda futile til we learn more.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
This is like an anti-leak. He may be telling the truth but the only thing that'll come of it is people continuing to spin their wheels. Going back to comb over old leaks seems kinda futile til we learn more.
While I agree, I also think.
"It's not as the community has anything else to do atm so people might as well do that"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly, it could be referring to a leak of an already confirmed character, like Isabelle or K Rool
I don't recall any K. Rool or Isabelle leaks, at least none that look like how they are in Ultimate, nor the others.

Plus it'd be weird if they freaked out over already-revealed characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While I agree, I also think.
"It's not as the community has anything else to do atm so people might as well do that"
If people knowingly want to head down a (currently) dead end, no one's going to stop them. But even for Smash speculation, it seems a pointless use of time and energy.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I don't recall any K. Rool or Isabelle leaks, at least none that look like how they are in Ultimate, nor the others.

Plus it'd be weird if they freaked out over already-revealed characters.
Well, he didn't mention when they freaked out, unless I read too fast lol

edit: anyone want to place money on what leak it is, i have no clue, i just think it would be fun lol

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If we got Hotel Dusk music that’d be nuts. I love the noir atmosphere it builds, I could listen to it all day.

Advance Wars has great music too, but I’d be bummed because it would mean Andy disconfirmed (despite knowing in my heart that it’s not gonna happen).

We need more awesome music from awesome games, that’s for sure.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Honestly, it could be referring to a leak of an already confirmed character, like Isabelle or K Rool
The guy on ResetERA said it was an image leak. There were no K. Rool image leaks for Smash Ultimate as far as I'm aware. My guess is Geno or Skull Kid... Was hoping that nice looking Isaac one was for real... And if Nintendo is peeved about it, that means whichever one he is hinting at IS the real deal. The image must be of a higher quality model. Image blur might've been necessary to get the picture..

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I think it’s probably this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14E0T1c5c9Y_bBkOfu9n3nvLvPQInPbnf/preview

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Rayman. He's by no means at all a bad suggestion, in facti 'd be happy with his inclusion. it's just that I feel his demand to be in smash didn't get going seriously until 2015 with the artsy omni leak.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
If there is indeed a true leak out there that was disregarded as fake, I'm 99% sure it's Geno. His image leaks are the most plentiful.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Even on the off chance this is being said to stir the pot during this drought of information, Geno is already backed up by Verge as the likely 'Square rep' anyways. I'm more surprised to learn that the Ken leak is apparently not legit? Probs still likely regardless.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The guy didn't say the Ken leak wasn't legit, I think it's just not the one he's talking about; he probably heard some other character, but isn't sure which leak it is.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The guy didn't say the Ken leak wasn't legit, I think it's just not the one he's talking about; he probably heard some other character, but isn't sure which leak it is.
It's funny cause if he didn't specifically say not the Ken leak, it's probs the one everyone would assume since it seemed to be the image leak with the less nitpicks from the community.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Honestly, the DD logo is pretty much perfect for the team to use for Smash.

It’s pretty much an awesome logo that represents the series name sake “the Sun”.

Top Bottom