• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Call me crazy, but I think we're getting a new version of Mute City, hopefully for a new F-Zero. There's no reason to not confirm the Melee version even if it is just images, and that should count for any of thew other deconfirmed stages.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Call me crazy, but I think we're getting a new version of Mute City, hopefully for a new F-Zero. There's no reason to not confirm the Melee version even if it is just images, and that should count for any of thew other deconfirmed stages.
Are there any reasons Mute City may not be compatible with stage transitioning?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I for one need some opinion on this guys. The fact that the official smash bros website only has two empty slots when you click on fighters worries me a bit. Is that just placeholders or does that mean we are only in for a couple newcomers? Cause I for one think we are in for at least 3 in the next couple months with Isaac being one of them.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I for one need some opinion on this guys. The fact that the official smash bros website only has two empty slots when you click on fighters worries me a bit. Is that just placeholders or does that mean we are only in for a couple newcomers? Cause I for one think we are in for at least 3 in the next couple months with Isaac being one of them.
They've added new rows to accommodate new characters before. Don't worry, it doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
It is actually hard to say. They have been just filling in order, that's why it has those spaces. The extra have been appearing as soon as one row gets filled so we can't know for certain, it isn't the first time people have theorized with this in past Smash games and it normally is a wrong assumption but we will have to wait.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
The bitblock is a racist SOB, he is a stain on the AC community and the Nintendo community
His channel only ever even got big because he was on Gamexplain's channel box for a couple years till they realized how big a piece of garbage he was. His viewership and sub's have dropped dramatically since the start of the year cause he's rightfully getting turned on by fans and people in the community that supported him before.

Honestly. Never take a thing he says seriously. He's just a big joke anymore.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Space has been made before on the Super Smash Brothers 4 Website when dealing with the situation.

They've added new rows to accommodate new characters before. Don't worry, it doesn't mean anything.
^ Exactly this.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Just did a full MC Melee stage cycle and checked if Port Town Aero Dive is in Ultimate (it is), so I don't see a reason for it to not work with morphing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And, less than 72 hours after the Direct, optimism is back at a feverish pitch.

It's incredible what happens when you lay waste to an argument that can improve morale.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That's what I'm saying. Why name Mute City 3DS under [Snes] unless you have another Mute City.
I mean, it's basically Port town, but with Mute City as the background and setting.
If port town can work, there's no reason Mute City can work.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah, his European popularity really shouldn't be understated. Spain and France both still love him a ton after all these years. I wanna say I heard he might have some decent popularity in Brazil, Mexico, and/or Germany? The latter of which I'm surprised don't have their own unique translation of Isaac's name.
here in Brazil we don't have any oficial translation, also we have a loyal but not huge or vocal fanbase

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Didn't know about that, gives me even more reasons to dislike him and never watch him again. I'd rather watch Billy and PapaGeno's great content anyway !
I mostly called him a weirdo because of his
strange diaper picture
he posted a few years back.

Still haunts me to this day.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Makes me wonder what adepts the Smash cast would be
Ooh this sounds fun. Let's see...
Donkey Kong
Peach
Wario
Snake
Ivysaur
Diddy Kong
King DeDeDe
Olimar
Lucario
R.O.B.
Villager
Little Mac
Simon
K Rool
Isabelle

Mario
Samus
Fox
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Falco
Marth :p
Young Link
Roy
ZSS
Ike
Charizard
Bowser Jr.

Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Mewtwo
Meta Knight
Pit
Sonic
Toon Link
Shulk
Ridley

Ice Climbers
Squirtle
Lucas
Greninja
Corrin
Inkling

Ness
Zelda
Mega Man
Robin
Ryu

Mii Fighter

Sheik
Ganondorf
Mr. G&W
Wolf
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Palutena
Pac-Man
Duck Hunt
Cloud
Bayonetta

I didn't bother with echoes.
Poor Mercury has very few just like in the games.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Psychic powers are related to Jupiter, so Ness, Lucas and Mewtwo go there.
Ike is totally a Mars, as he's the hero of blue flame.
Lucario is a Steel type, so he's a Venus.
Mega Man and R.O.B. are robots (the latter is a toy IRL, but it works), so they're Venus too.
Robin mainly uses Thunder magic (and can use Wind as a Tactician too), so he's a Jupiter.
Shulk can of course see the future, and one of his Monado Arts is called Cyclone, so he fits Jupiter the best.
Corrin is a Water Dragon, so Mercury.
Ink is liquid so Mercury should still fit the Inklings.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong
Peach
Wario
Snake
Ivysaur
Diddy Kong
King DeDeDe
Olimar
Villager
Little Mac
Simon
K Rool
Isabelle

Mario
Samus
Fox
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Falco
Young Link
Roy
Charizard
Bowser Jr.

Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Meta Knight
Pit
Sonic
Toon Link
Ridley

Ice Climbers
Squirtle
Lucas
Greninja

Ness
Sheik
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Mr. G&W
ZSS
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Mii Fighter
Palutena
Pac-Man
Robin
Shulk
Duck Hunt
Ryu
Cloud
Corrin
Bayonetta
Inkling (Thought Mercury but isn't water deadly for them?)

Ike has the radiant flame so that would be fire.

Mewtwo has psychic abilities and Golden Sun links that to wind adepts.

Corrin is like a water dragon.

Ryu is like either fire or water. Hadouken is a fire ball, but the meditation stuff is linked to wind adepts.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Donkey Kong
Peach
Wario
Snake
Ivysaur
Diddy Kong
King DeDeDe
Olimar
Villager
Little Mac
Simon
K Rool
Isabelle

Mario
Samus
Fox
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Falco
Young Link
Roy
Charizard
Bowser Jr.

Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pichu
Meta Knight
Pit
Sonic
Toon Link
Ridley

Ice Climbers
Squirtle
Lucas
Greninja

Ness
Sheik
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Mr. G&W
ZSS
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina
Mii Fighter
Palutena
Pac-Man
Robin
Shulk
Duck Hunt
Ryu
Cloud
Corrin
Bayonetta
Inkling (Thought Mercury but isn't water deadly for them?)

Surely Zero Suit Samus would be the same element as Samus.

Shulk would definitely be Jupiter (Future Sight).
---
In my GS Playthrough, I just beat the Star Magician.

It took me a few tries to beat him without anyone dying, but I did it.

Here's the strategy I used:
  1. Enter the Battle with 5 Venus Djinn, 8 Mars Djinn, 3 Jupiter Djinn and 3 Mercury Djinn on Standby, make sure the Shield Djinn and Eddy are not among the Standby Djinn.
  2. Use Granite on the first turn, then Summon Daedalus twice and Coatlicue once.
  3. On the next turn, use Eddy to speed up the refresh of your Djinn, and use your Support Djinn (e.g. Breeze and Corona) to boost your Defenses for when you aren't protected by a Shield, use Ground to stop the Guardian Ball from using Guard Aura on the Star Magician.
  4. Use Djinn until you have enough Standby Djinn to use Daedalus and Coatlicue again. Use Psynergy attacks if that Adept doesn't have Djinn to use that turn.
  5. Rinse, Repeat.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Psychic powers are related to Jupiter, so Ness, Lucas and Mewtwo go there.
Ike is totally a Mars, as he's the hero of blue flame.
Lucario is a Steel type, so he's a Venus.
Mega Man and R.O.B. are robots (the latter is a toy IRL, but it works), so they're Venus too.
Robin mainly uses Thunder magic (and can use Wind as a Tactician too), so he's a Jupiter.
Shulk can of course see the future, and one of his Monado Arts is called Cyclone, so he fits Jupiter the best.
Corrin is a Water Dragon, so Mercury.
Ink is liquid so Mercury should still fit the Inklings.
Ike has the radiant flame so that would be fire.

Mewtwo has psychic abilities and Golden Sun links that to wind adepts.

Corrin is like a water dragon.

Ryu is like either fire or water. Hadouken is a fire ball, but the meditation stuff is linked to wind adepts.
Surely Zero Suit Samus would be the same element as Samus.

Shulk would definitely be Jupiter (Future Sight).
Thanks guys, updated. I also added a group for ones that would fit in multiple/all adept types. Cause some just fit multiple.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even if the Box theory is true, I feel like we'll both get our characters through DLC

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I'm so tired I was at the state fair all day today. It was so hot, but I tried to keep up with the smash news in between fair food and midway games. Nothing interesting come up while I was away?

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It's up and down and up and down with this thread all the time.

I'm so tired I was at the state fair all day today. It was so hot, but I tried to keep up with the smash news in between fair food and midway games. Nothing interesting come up while I was away?
Unfortunately, not really. We've spent most of the day debating the whole "108 stages" and "box theory".

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yeah!

pholtos pholtos , I bet you're glad you won't have any reason to do the Bonus Bosses in the Lost Age for your PPO run. :laugh:

I imagine they'd all be a nightmare (especially Valukar and Dullahan) if you can't use Summons against them.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah!

pholtos pholtos , I bet you're glad you won't have any reason to do the Bonus Bosses in the Lost Age for your PPO run. :laugh:

I imagine they'd all be a nightmare (especially Valukar and Dullahan) if you can't use Summons against them.
Don't forget Sentinel. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
pholtos pholtos . *looks up Sentinel*
"The main catch to this particular battle is that Sentinel is immune to Psynergy."
Oh.

...Well, good luck, I guess.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom