• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
It's exactly why Shulk is so unique to me. It's the things he can do WITH the sword, not just being a sword user himself.

Isaac also has this going for him, except the sword isn't the one with abilities. But it's Isaac himself, and the manipulation of the world around him.
And this is also the reason I main Shulk in Smash 4. He really stands out from the others (and is incredibly fun to play with), same thing for Robin.

Welcome Ypsen Ypsen another french buddy to the list !
Merci l'ami ! Just by chance, are you in french FB smash group ? My pseudo there is IceDarkBen, maybe we already know each other (or maybe you avoid this group, wich I could understand.)
Speaking of pseudonymes, I like yours. (I love Tales of Series)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Merci l'ami ! Just by chance, are you in french FB smash group ? My pseudo there is IceDarkBen, maybe we already know each other (or maybe you avoid this group, wich I could understand.)
Speaking of pseudonymes, I like yours. (I love Tales of Series)
You're welcome ! No I'm not on the FB page since I usually don't use FB for anything else than keeping in touch with my friends.
I sure do love the Tales series too hehe, can't wait for Vesperia definitive edition to come out :happysheep:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
How's the time of this Direct for European Smash fans (where Isaac's been requested a lot)?

3 pm PT seems like an awkward time for us in America.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Coming from Geno thread - Good luck to you Issac! and to us as well :) Tomorrow we shall see (assuming there will be a reveal) :D
Good luck to you too. I'd be hyped with a Geno reveal too, he's my second most wanted now after Isaac.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
How's the time of this Direct for European Smash fans (where Isaac's been requested a lot)?

It's even more awkward for Europe. Ireland/UK gets it at midnight and then on mainland Europe it's something like 1am.

I was thinking though that the unusual timing may be due to the typhoon in Japan.

Last edited:

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
I'd imagine the Summon pose
Someone earlier in the topic mentioned falling asleep could be a victory pose; I had forgotten being a heavy sleeper was a big part of his character.

It's been too long since I've played Golden Sun.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

It's a good thing I have no class on Thursday. LOL. It definitely paid off!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Random question to all you French users: Would you freak out if Ladybug and Chat Noir got in Smash? Or a more realistic approach, Mii costumes for the two? I wouldn't mind that actually.

Anyway, I am freaking out right now! Here's to our Golden Boy!

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
My heart is trying to beat out of my chest. I’m trying not to get too excited but I can’t help it...

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
It's so awesome we are getting a direct earlier than I actually expected. Remember guys we either celebrate or we keep on fighting in a civil manner for his inclusion until we get him in no matter how long it takes, we should hype responsibly but it's still an exciting thought that after over a decade of being ignored this could be his chance

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Speaking of victory animations, if all the celestial bodies line up and Felix gets in, what do you think of him doing the arms + legs checklist from early TLA?

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
I wonder when the next full Smash Direct is, that **** is gonna be hype. TBH I don't think we're gonna get Isaac from a normal Direct but we'll see

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Coming over from the Banjo-Kazooie forum to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow! Hope Golden Sun gets the representation it deserves! A new universe with character representation in Super Smash Bros. is a win for all of us!

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Coming over from the Banjo-Kazooie forum to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow! Hope Golden Sun gets the representation it deserves! A new universe with character representation in Super Smash Bros. is a win for all of us!

Thank you, I love you wish the best for Banjo, in my heart he is always a Nintendo character

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Dang it! I have work at this time. I'll probably get home to see a bunch of youtube videos with thumbnails spoiling everything. Wish I could watch it live.
Don't go to youtube, go to the official smash site. If there is info for smash thw video will be on the main page and it won't spoil the content. Just don't look at the character roster or you might spoil it for yourself.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Banjo is my number 3, hope they can both make it in. Thanks!

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Do you all remember that Mario Partyish mode in smash 4? it would be cool if they rebooted that so you went around nintendo themed maps. Nintendo Party would be amazing

also venus light house will be the GS stage right? or sol sanctum?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I do hope for Banjo to get in.

Just so I can say "Nintendo still has more respect for Banjo than flipping microsoft."

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I do still think that it is quite likely that our next newcomer will be from an RPG title (Isaac, Geno, Pokemon, etc.). I do want Banjo to be in the base game, but I think he is more likely to be a DLC addition (just my opinion).

xNaz

Smash Cadet
Wew best of luck lads. Sakurai himself said he is extremely careful on social media because he hates disappointing people so I'm thinking you guys got this

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Saw some of you guys spreading love in the other threads. Never played Golden Sun but I want to see Isaac for you guys!

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Oh I have got a really good idea for an intro. This will be for all the sword haters.

Link, Robin, and Marth come out of the woods into a rocky valley. The camera pans around and you see Isaac sitting on a rock. Isaac sees them and vets up into a fighting stance. Robin says, oh he only has a sword *and starts charging Thoron*. Isaac gets his angry face bubble over his head, ththe caption appears "Isaac shakes it up" and when Robin fires Isaac shoots a rock pillar out of the ground. The pillar takes the hit and explodes, dust covers the area. Suddenly vines come up and catch Marth immobilizing him. The ground splits open and Link and Robin get seperated and Robin looks up to see Isaac calling down Ragnarok. Then gameplay ensues.

Top Bottom