• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I wonder how many other Hispanics here love Isaac.

We got a Cuban here. Yoshi is Peruvian, wonder if we can have one fan per Hispanic country
I'm a white boy but I still love Isaac and Golden Sun as a whole.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
i would be hype if he was revealed this week

then i would run to the ray thread or andy thread and give them my energy :B
Man if the Andy thread had 1/4th the activity this thread had I would be the happiest man alive lmao.

Of course me being said owner lol.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Man if the Andy thread had 1/4th the activity this thread had I would be the happiest man alive lmao.

If GS can come back I can def seeing Switch Wars being a thing.

Don't use 3d models but use sprites, I think it will do well since FE is loved.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

I remember making a thread for Andy yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs ago on Nsider.

That being said I would love him in the game, but the main reason I want him is so I can get another game ;-;

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If GS can come back I can def seeing Switch Wars being a thing.

Don't use 3d models but use sprites, I think it will do well since FE is loved.
Well i'm not sure if one leads to the other but that would be great. I prefer Advance Wars though because that's the name it always takes (same with Famicom Wars in Japan).

I actually want 3D models TBH because I think they would look a lot flashier. Of course sprites are fine given they directly reference Andy.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I'm a white boy but I still love Isaac and Golden Sun as a whole.
Us GS fans come from everywhere and from all races, from what I can tell. Me, I’m just some mixed race kid from Texas who lucked upon this series in Smash 4 speculation (was my first Smash game). Ever since I’ve really wanted Isaac in Smash. I hope this is finally our time!

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice

We got a Cuban here. Yoshi is Peruvian, wonder if we can have one fan per Hispanic country
I saw a lot of Spanish people in this thread but Hispanic not too many. At least I expect a Mexican here, they are everywhere.

PD: I remember seeing a Brazilian fan here last week

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

That being said I would love him in the game, but the main reason I want him is so I can get another game ;-;
Same here with Isaac and Ray.

Custom Robo, Golden SUn, Advanced Wars, a lot of RPGS that need to be revived.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I don't know how you do it! I could never be a vegan haha.

However, all my AC recipes are vegetarian and or Vegan.

I tired to get some Vegan recipes for https://twitter.com/legendscookbook?lang=en
But my boss wants me to focus on what I am good at.

Started to learn to cook vegan food though. I got to learn how to cook anything if I want to succeed.

If the BOTW inspired cookbook does well, Animal Crossing is next.
Ha ha ha, that's what we all vegans said at some point. :p It's definitely easier than it looks... once you learn certain things, you just can't bring yourself to keep eating as most people do, so going vegan becomes much easier at that point.

Anywho, it's really cute that the AC recipes are vegan and vegetarian. And it makes complete sense, considering it's a series about living with animals. :laugh:

And of course, after watching your first video, I've subscribed. :love:Embarrass

Ha, I was about to ask if you were mexican due to your accent. I am from México btw, glad to see other latin Isaac/GS fans. :grin:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I haven't participated in a forum in years, but like keeping track of every post and meeting chill people, reminds me of the good ol days on Nsider. This thread brings me back. :D

I remember all the people sad Isaac wasn't in it.

Same here with Isaac and Ray.

Custom Robo, Golden SUn, Advanced Wars, a lot of RPGS that need to be revived.
yeah as much as i love those games, i just want a sequel. pit got a sequel and fire emblem got their games ported over. thats the power of smash.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ha ha ha, that's what we all vegans said at some point. :p It's definitely easier than it looks... once you learn certain things, you just can't bring yourself to keep eating as most people do, so going vegan becomes much easier at that point.

Anywho, it's really cute that the AC recipes are vegan and vegetarian. And it makes complete sense, considering it's a series about living with animals. :laugh:

And of course, after watching your first video, I've subscribed. :love:Embarrass

Ha, I was about to ask if you were mexican due to your accent. I am from México btw, glad to see other latin Isaac/GS fans. :grin:
How many latin isaac fans are we actually here? This is awesome lol

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Well i'm not sure if one leads to the other but that would be great. I prefer Advance Wars though because that's the name it always takes (same with Famicom Wars in Japan).

I actually want 3D models TBH because I think they would look a lot flashier. Of course sprites are fine given they directly reference Andy.
Both Camelot and Intelligent Systems need to get slapped upside their heads a bit. They're sitting on a gold mine and they both think they're not. I still can't wrap my mind around the one IS guy saying they would make more Wars games if they could add a relationship mechanic.

Unfortunately one would probably not lead to the other since they're both controlled by different companies. Both companies are also using their resources for other things. I like Fire Emblem, but I wish they would also work on Wars. It's too good to let dissipate into nothing. I still remember the Advance games having a flourishing VS community playing each other on Dual Strike and making maps.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Yeah a big reason why I want Andy is for the Nintendo Wars series as a whole to be more widely known and recognized by more people because it's a shame that a series this great and historic goes unoticed by so many. And said inclusion would naturally lead to a huge spike of interest in a series revival from people that only got in to it through Smash in this scenario.

Well that and I think Andy would have the coolest moveset in Smash Bros history lol.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

haha, well thank you, I am glad you enjoy my stuff!

I am a meat lover, however, once a week I will not have meat to help as much as I can. I had Vegan Pizza a month ago it was something else. The Nyer in me didn't want to try it lol. I got to do a bunch of pocket camp videos soon, I have a bunch of recipes I tested, I just got to record and such.

I am Cuban Chinese Italian.

Hence how I go from Hola to BADA BING BADA BOOM!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I may not be Hispanic, but I did live in many areas around the east of Mexico, Mexico City (Districto Federal) like San Buenaventura, Bosques de Aragón, La Neza, Arenal, etc. and I was honestly surprised to find more people that knew and love Golden Sun there than I ever did find in the States. It really blew my mind!

Haha! Wow! You just earned a subscriber, cuate!

I still think eating a Dawk Dawn cartridge would be dangerous though.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Sin and Punishment, Custom Robo, The Wonderful 101, Arms and many more deserve representation in Smash. After Isaac I will cheer Wonder Red and Andy(even if I didn't liked AW)

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
It's great to hear that every mix race can come together here and talk about Golden Sun and support Isaac.
I would have never known about the cultural impact that Golden Sun had on every Country if it wasn't for
this forum. You guys are honestly awesome! :D

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
So guys, not saying this will happen but think - Imagine we're in the timeline where there's a direct on the 6th, in two days time, and Isaac is announced as a fighter.

Your reactions?
I would cry like a baby back b itch, cause I would be so happy that we finally reached our dreams from the gutter and made it a reality.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Both Camelot and Intelligent Systems need to get slapped upside their heads a bit. They're sitting on a gold mine and they both think they're not. I still can't wrap my mind around the one IS guy saying they would make more Wars games if they could add a relationship mechanic.

Unfortunately one would probably not lead to the other since they're both controlled by different companies. Both companies are also using their resources for other things. I like Fire Emblem, but I wish they would also work on Wars. It's too good to let dissipate into nothing. I still remember the Advance games having a flourishing VS community playing each other on Dual Strike and making maps.
Yeah it's amazing to see the parallels Advance Wars and Golden Sun have.

- Both were killed only 2 years apart from one another and died towards the post-Brawl era.
- Both ended with a "dark" sounding title as their last installment (Dark Dawn, Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict).
- Both should have been in Brawl.
- Both are staples of the GBA era.
- Both are sorely missed by Nintendo fans and those who grew up with the franchise. Their fans tend to overlap a lot such as myself.

Really cool to see the crossover between fans of these series.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
We're reaching brawl levels of hype.
For better or worse, better start preparing for impact.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I may not be Hispanic, but I did live in many areas around the east of Mexico, Mexico City (Districto Federal) like San Buenaventura, Bosques de Aragón, La Neza, Arenal, etc. and I was honestly surprised to find more people that knew and love Golden Sun there than I ever did find in the States. It really blew my mind!

Haha! Wow! You just earned a subscriber, cuate!

I still think eating a Dawk Dawn cartridge would be dangerous though.
Oh wow! Mexico City is beautiful! When I was a kid I would go to all the different places in Mexico with my family.

Haha, yes yes, I think it would. Plan B was to dress up as cooking mama for a video, so if anything I might go with that

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I always wanted to try Advance Wars back in those days.

Sadly, I just stuck with Golden Sun and eventually got into Fire Emblem instead thanks to Melee. It was a shame though, since I don't have any nostalgia for the series even though it always piqued my interest. I'd still like to get into it... just don't know when I will get the time to do it. :sadeyes:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well if anyone wants to talk more about Advance Wars feel free to drop in the Andy thread. We can use more activity in that thread lol.

cheap plug.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We're reaching brawl levels of hype.
For better or worse, better start preparing for impact.
Honestly i've never seen a character with this amount of hype before. As a huge Golden Sun fan this is really something to see.

Really is insane how much activity this thread gets.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yep. And I'm pretty sure there's potentially poisonous materials in game cartridges. :scared:

Don't do it Pwnapplez Pwnapplez ! Just make a Golden Sun recipe instead. :laugh:
Oh wow! Mexico City is beautiful! When I was a kid I would go to all the different places in Mexico with my family.

Haha, yes yes, I think it would. Plan B was to dress up as cooking mama for a video, so if anything I might go with that
Pwnapplez Pwnapplez You should definitely make a recipe for some of the food boost items in GS like the cookie or better yet, Djinn shaped cookies! Yum!

Mexico City is beautiful and HUGE!!! Yet, my favorite place in the city was a 4-5 story building that had Anime and Games galore. It was awesome! Forgot what it's called unfortunately. :/

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

- Both were killed only 2 years apart from one another and died towards the post-Brawl era.
- Both ended with a "dark" sounding title as their last installment (Dark Dawn, Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict).
- Both should have been in Brawl.
- Both are staples of the GBA era.
- Both are sorely missed by Nintendo fans and those who grew up with the franchise. Their fans tend to overlap a lot such as myself.

Really cool to see the crossover between fans of these series.
Actually, Both were killed during the 7th Gen Era. which is also the same era which kille Custom Robo and even Sin and Punishment.

Man, The 7th gen era claimed a lot of franchises.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That's actually quite possible. There's already rumblings about it from our new friend "LeakyPandy" and others (apparently).

View attachment 161699

That's a good topic to touch upon. Any thoughts guys?
Man, I hope it’s real. I desperately need more info. I’m beyond hoping for the date of a Direct, I’d be happy knowing a date of announcement for the date of the Direct.

So guys, not saying this will happen but think - Imagine we're in the timeline where there's a direct on the 6th, in two days time, and Isaac is announced as a fighter.

Your reactions?
Extreme happiness, followed by me explaining to all of my friends who the hell this Isaac guy is, followed by trying to come up with a pun as good as ‘Chrom Chromfirmed, Chromgratulations’, followed by some 50 Cent memes, followed by migration to, like, the Bandanna Dee thread.

Might as well represent good ol’ Argentina. Man, it’s crazy seeing how many Latinos are fans of GS.

Yeah a big reason why I want Andy is for the Nintendo Wars series as a whole to be more widely known and recognized by more people because it's a shame that a series this great and historic goes unoticed by so many. And said inclusion would naturally lead to a huge spike of interest in a series revival from people that only got in to it through Smash in this scenario.

Well that and I think Andy would have the coolest moveset in Smash Bros history lol.
You know, I hope Andy becomes the new Isaac for games to come. He really deserves it. Shame the thread doesn’t get more activity.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice

Your reactions?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10 minutes straight.

Pwnapplez Pwnapplez Yet, my favorite place in the city was a 4-5 story building that had Anime and Games galore. It was awesome! Forgot what it's called unfortunately. :/
Frikiplaza

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, I hope Andy becomes the new Isaac for games to come. He really deserves it.
I really do to haha. I actually hope he gets a major boost in popularity the way Isaac did post-K. Rool, Maybe not on the same level as this but even something lesser would be amazing.

And that way I would have my two most requested characters in Smash.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
All this GBA era nostalgia makes me want to dig up my Golden Sun and TLA game boxes I still have somewhere, with their inserts and all. Those were some good times. :')

To this day, I still consider playing Golden Sun as one of the best and most memorable gaming experiences I've had. Man, I loved those games. Embarrass

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this GBA era nostalgia makes me want to dig up my Golden Sun and TLA game boxes I still have somewhere, with their inserts and all. Those were some good times. :')

To this day, I still consider playing Golden Sun as one of the best and most memorable gaming experiences I've had. Man, I loved those games. Embarrass
I myself am going to do a huge replay of Golden Sun going from The Broken Seal, The Lost Age, then doing Dark Dawn. Hopefully i'll do all playthroughs before the end of the Fall.

Top Bottom