• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, I stopped watching them. They're really bad clickbait that as far as I can tell, have their decisions made with a dartboard and a bunch of characters/percentages on it. Their ratings are inconsistent, even among different characters, and their arguments are rarely well built, IMO. I don't want to give them more money.

Thanks for the link, though.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah, I stopped watching them. They're really bad clickbait that as far as I can tell, have their decisions made with a dartboard and a bunch of characters/percentages on it. Their ratings are inconsistent, even among different characters, and their arguments are rarely well built, IMO. I don't want to give them more money.

Thanks for the link, though.
Ok so I agree the series has been pretty **** so far, but SG definitely deserves a little appreciation around here. They didn't get any real substantial compensation for all the great work they did on translations, and all the data they compiled for Smash fans. I can definitely see why they've gone the route of making clickbait.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, the reason I think the RTC videos from Sourcegaming are so inconsistent are the numerous amounts of staff members which all have their own opinion and scale for how likely it is for a character to get in.
If it was just one guy doing all of them, I think we'd be able to see the patterns better.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Honestly, the reason I think the RTC videos from Sourcegaming are so inconsistent are the numerous amounts of staff members which all have their own opinion and scale for how likely it is for a character to get in.
If it was just one guy doing all of them, I think we'd be able to see the patterns better.
I like how they have group up their opinions on certain topics, I feel like they should do the same with RTC only in video format. Like have a few of them get together, discuss the characters, and all give their rating at the end.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Something interesting to discuss.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That's definitely interesting.

Although depends on how many people consider Isaac a longtime fan favourite or not.

I have seen many fanmade lists which always somehow seem to omit Isaac but include other weirder, less popular additions >.>

DogManStar

Smash Ace
This rumor definitely bodes well for Isaac, but I would feel better about his chances if it was more than 5 newcomers for sure, and if most of them were fan favorites instead of unpredictable choices. Though I guess Isaac would be unpredictable in a way because almost everyone expects him to not get in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyday i keep thinking of E3.

Everynight i dream of E3.

Every moment, i wait for E3. What have i done to father time to deserve this fate?

Anyway, new comic:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Something interesting to discuss.
It certainly would be nice. And Isaac fits that bill. But there are more than a couple longtime fan favourites out there...

Olo

Smash Cadet
Well if this is trustworthy, (and I think RelaxAlax is), then he just means he knows five of the newcomers. There are certainly more I would imagine.

Also, does anyone know what's going on? Why did Nintendo choose to release some info to a few Smashtubers? I assume it is a total mystery at this point? And I've heard that we may get info tomorrow? Ahh, everything's so exciting!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It certainly would be nice. And Isaac fits that bill. But there are more than a couple longtime fan favourites out there...
Yeah, this is the only problem I see here. I could even think of 5 first parties that are probably considered a bigger deal than Isaac to Nintendo. Nonetheless, this still gives him better chances than what I had assumed before, if it's true.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, this is the only problem I see here. I could even think of 5 first parties that are probably considered a bigger deal than Isaac to Nintendo. Nonetheless, this still gives him better chances than what I had assumed before, if it's true.
I’m hoping that Isaac has special note for being a Nintendo IP not yet represented. Every Smash adds new IP. But apart from the Inklings, Takamaru, and possibly ARMS (which I think came too late and is too new), what other IP not yet in Smash matches Golden Sun?

D

Deleted member

The wait.........it is slow.

It’s only being lazy when something doesn’t work out. When it does, it’s called “being efficient.”

That was the last comic from Minato, now we move onto the next artist: Koutake Hiroyoshi!.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Not that I'm confident RelaxAlax is telling the truth, but in the hypothetical scenario where his twitter post was true, he's clearly talking within the context of long term fan favourites among the Smash community as he's definitely has noted Isaac as a Smash fan favourite in one of his videos. This would likely boil it down to characters whose support base have been big within the community since at least pre-Brawl since the pre-Smash 4 era wasn't that long ago.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not that I'm confident RelaxAlax is telling the truth, but in the hypothetical scenario where his twitter post was true, he's clearly talking within the context of long term fan favourites among the Smash community as he's definitely has noted Isaac as a Smash fan favourite in one of his videos. This would likely boil it down to characters whose support base have been big within the community since at least pre-Brawl since the pre-Smash 4 era wasn't that long ago.
I don’t think he was. He was saying YouTubers we’re getting a lot of info. That being the case, someone would have leaked it by now.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think the Alax thing ended up being fake. Either way though, it would make sense if what he said ended up being true anyways. We did have the ballot for a reason after all. Bayonetta won, and she's not exactly extremely popular with the whole world, but did receive noticeable support in fan polls. A lot of characters, like Isaac, K. Rool, and Geno, fit that description. Isaac would be one of the easiest and most sensible characters for Sakurai to add, I think. There should be more new series represented, and besides The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Splatoon, and Rhythm Heaven, what else is there? I'm not counting third-party series either, for this. Three new first party franchises getting represented doesn't quite feel like enough. But what else is there? I'd love Andy, but I don't think Sakurai would add him, since the only representation the series has so far is generic soldiers. Sin and Punishment and Starfy feel too small. Most new series don't feel big enough yet either, and ARMS might get DLC but I still think it's too recent, as was Splatoon when it didn't get DLC for Smash 4. Isaac just feels like a natural choice. Though, relevancy probably matters the most still so I'm probably gonna end up eating my own words. I hope Sakurai doesn't think that again though, and goes with Isaac, because it just feels right.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
People need to stop using Splatoon not being picked for DLC as a case against ARMS no first party newcomer was chosen to be added except Corrin and he was only picked because executives wanted promotion Sakurai's team convinced him he was a good choice and his game wasn't out in the West yet. Inklings weren't added because they weren't veterans that's it. They did get costumes though so they were big enough to get something.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Hey there, old guard here. Isaac supporter since I played the OG Golden Suns in 2005. I've somehow forgotten to post in this topic since the game was announced. Put me back in coach.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
One week. I'm quite nervous now. I feel like it's a make or break point. There are so many questions, and no answers.

And, despite all the leaks, I don't think any of them are accurate. Too much backtracking, and not enough of the "reputable" people with a consistent story. I think the roster has stayed secure.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
One week. I'm quite nervous now. I feel like it's a make or break point. There are so many questions, and no answers.

And, despite all the leaks, I don't think any of them are accurate. Too much backtracking, and not enough of the "reputable" people with a consistent story. I think the roster has stayed secure.
I still don't really have any hope in our cause, but I'm pretty sure the leaks are all inaccurate so far. Not that I would really mind Ridley or Simon Belmont though.

Leaks never mention Isaac unfortunately. Leaks always seem to boost visibility for characters.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
But all the Banjo leaks... They have to be real.....
Ugh I want them to be real. Well, some, certainly not that "heroes vs villains" garbage.
Still, Isaac has a really good shot and there are plenty of chances for him to be revealed outside of E3 or even an unlockable. I'm still pleasantly optimistic about his chances.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I was charmed by Isaac's design back during the Brawl and early Smash 4 days. I took the plunge and played Golden Sun not too long ago to be taken in by the nostalgic art style and amazing music. Definitely one of my most wanted newcomers, and to True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior , please add me to the support list!

I put my vote for him in the Ballot and hold a good amount of hope many others did as well. If Sakurai took it into consideration like I imagine he did, this might very well be the Golden Boy's time to shine!

D

Deleted member

Lord... We're less than 6 days away, and I can't wait for it to come. Even with work and errands, it will feel antsy.

Of course, as a Switch & Xbox One owner, I do have multiple events to look forward to.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
All this job hunting these days made me forget about E3 completely! In less than a week we might know, Isaac's fate.

If this Smash is not a 5th game but a port? Like Smash for Switch? Isn't he like 100% sure to be included then?

Also if I am not mistaken, E3 is not where we will see everything considering 5mash, the fall direct is also a thing right?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
All this job hunting these days made me forget about E3 completely! In less than a week we might know, Isaac's fate.

If this Smash is not a 5th game but a port? Like Smash for Switch? Isn't he like 100% sure to be included then?

Also if I am not mistaken, E3 is not where we will see everything considering 5mash, the fall direct is also a thing right?
How exactly is he "100% sure to be included" if it is a port? I don't think that has any bearing on his inclusion, certainly not one that steep!

I will say one thing, though: If the game is a port and doesn't include playable Isaac I will not touch it. If it's a new game, I'd consider it even without Isaac, but a port would just be so underwhelming.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Every time a game was a port they came out and directly stated when the game was announced. Why would Smash be different? Plus it wouldn't have a working title if it was a port. It's definitely a new game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Every time a game was a port they came out and directly stated when the game was announced. Why would Smash be different? Plus it wouldn't have a working title if it was a port. It's definitely a new game.
Oh I agree, the evidence definitely points toward a new game. However, some people were so certain that Nintendo was going to release a deluxe port of SSB4 for the Switch that they seized any vagueness in the reveal and are still insisting that it just has to be a port. Some of these people are so certain that I'm sure they'll look at any similarities they can find in the final product and still say they won.

It baffles me how much these people want a port instead of a new game. Jesus.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
They want a port just so that there are no cuts.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That’s kind of like saying you want a sequel to just be a port of the original because you want it to be just as good.

If you like Smash 4’s roster so much, just keep playing Smash 4.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Why can't people want this to be a new game and no cuts?
They can. They just don't think it's likely.

If it's a port, licensing rights for third party characters are much easier to handle.

If it's a new game, third party rights have to be completely renegotiated, which means it's more likely that characters will be cut.

Basically, if we get a new game, people think losing some of the third party characters is inevitable (some are also afraid that some first party characters, like Lucina, could be cut if the game isn't a straight port).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I get not wanting characters to be cut, but to say that we should keep on getting a port of SSB4 instead of a new game to just avoid cuts is... Well, how do I say this... Immature? That's probably not exactly the word I'm looking for, but I do know it's somewhere in the ballpark.

I love Lucina and hope that she comes back as an alternate of Marth. However, I'm not going to say that we should get a port of SSB4 instead of a new game just because she might be cut. SSB4 already exists. I own it on the 3DS and the Wii U. It's not like the game is going to vanish into thin air when SSB5 comes out.

I'm just going to say it: As a Wii U owner, the Switch's library has been quite unimpressive outside of Super Mario Odyssey because so many of the games being released for it I already own on the Wii U or didn't play on the Wii U because I wasn't interested. Super Smash Bros needs to be a new game, no matter what.

I mean now with the new Pokemon being a generation I pandering mobile game, Super Smash Bros may be the only Nintendo Switch game shown at E3 that I have to look forward to. If it's another port, I will sincerely wish I never got the Switch because this is getting really old.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I get not wanting characters to be cut, but to say that we should keep on getting a port of SSB4 instead of a new game to just avoid cuts is... Well, how do I say this... Immature? That's probably not exactly the word I'm looking for, but I do know it's somewhere in the ballpark.

I love Lucina and hope that she comes back as an alternate of Marth. However, I'm not going to say that we should get a port of SSB4 instead of a new game just because she might be cut. SSB4 already exists. I own it on the 3DS and the Wii U. It's not like the game is going to vanish into thin air when SSB5 comes out.

I'm just going to say it: As a Wii U owner, the Switch's library has been quite unimpressive outside of Super Mario Odyssey because so many of the games being released for it I already own on the Wii U or didn't play on the Wii U because I wasn't interested. Super Smash Bros needs to be a new game, no matter what.

I mean now with the new Pokemon being a generation I pandering mobile game, Super Smash Bros may be the only Nintendo Switch game shown at E3 that I have to look forward to. If it's another port, I will sincerely wish I never got the Switch because this is getting really old.
Don’t worry. It’s clearly not a port. New logo, new character designs, and unlike every other port, they haven’t revealed that it’s a port or shown anything about it. According to some E3 info, it’s title is still tentative.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It makes sense that they would start by porting over a lot of the data from Smash 4 and then work outward with it (slightly update graphics, add/remove moves/modes/stages/, balancing, etc.) just to allow for the largest amount of content possible. The game can still be a sequel in spite of that because there's going to be a lot of content that is improved upon (menu interface, some character VAs, single-player modes, etc.). I just don't see many cuts simply because it doesn't make sense to start from scratch with anything that isn't brand new or being completely reworked.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

I understand how you feel but so many people didn't have a Wii U so these re-releases aren't for you they're for the millions of other people who never bought the system. So it may not sit well with you but they aren't running this system with people who already bought the Wii U in mind. That being said at least they didn't just re-release games they also added some extra incitive to play that's already better than 90% of companies who do re-releases. And of course Sushi Striker is out in a few days so that's new and one of Nintendo's wacky experimental titles so try that out if you wish.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don’t worry. It’s clearly not a port. New logo, new character designs, and unlike every other port, they haven’t revealed that it’s a port or shown anything about it. According to some E3 info, it’s title is still tentative.
Oh, I know. I was sold on it being a new game pretty much immediately, knowing that's NOT how companies reveal a port, ever.

I'm more just responding to the people who are still insistent that it *has* to be a port. I just like to be dramatic sometimes. Forgive me.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Oh I do not insist it on being a port, it's just me wishing for Isaac, if he got indeed close (we don't know though how close he was) then in a port he should make it in (in my simple fanboyish mind) but like you said, there are new character designs (like Link for example) so there is a very much higher chance of it being a new game indeed (which is the best thing, new games are better than ports any day)!

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'm afraid that Isaac's chances are very low this time too...
I haven't played Golden Sun games yet, but I'm a supporter of Isaac for a long time.
The only thing I hope is that you all won't feel too bad if he wouldn't be playable

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Perhaps Isaac's placement on the ballot might at least convince Sakurai to reimplement him as an AT.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'm afraid that Isaac's chances are very low this time too...
I haven't played Golden Sun games yet, but I'm a supporter of Isaac for a long time.
The only thing I hope is that you all won't feel too bad if he wouldn't be playable
It depends on how much influence the Ballot had on Sakurai. While I don't think he cracked the top five or so of realizable choices, he was likely considered this go-around at the very least. I think his chances are higher once we get to DLC since the Ballot would be the perfect place to pull from for newcomers that would cost money.

Top Bottom