• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sora would be my second choice followed by Geeno(Nothing can ever replace Isaac xD)
So proud of you guys though, the ammount of speculation and fan outcry is literally providing a bunch of YouTubers a chance to create videos of Isaac. Just been watching a whole load of YouTube video's whilst awaiting some sort of confirmation and i'm not going to lie but my doubts are begging to low, I somehow feel that Isaac actually has a chance now, there are so many things that point towards him being playable, but who knowx xD.

I've played through Golden Sun but i've never really played much of Lost Ages even though I've heard incredible things about it, if i was to try Lost Ages, I will have to play through the original at least one more time xD.
Play The Lost Age. I myself never played Dark Dawn, and even thiugh everyone said it was worse than the GBA games, I enjoyed it as much. Grown to appriciate it for what it is. You'll not regret playing TLA, but make sure you link the code you get for finishing the first game to TLA. The puzzles of TLA and it's overall scenery is definitely a huge improvement over the first game. At least, that's my opinion. You really should try to play at least TLA.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Interesting to see another Custom Robo fan here, XenoWarriorX. : D

Somehow, the leaks aren't surprising me anymore.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh yeah... if we get Felix as a echo... who would you all main?
Probably Felix. His design is overall less "generic" and he kinda looks like 18, 19 yo me. I always prefered Isaac in game tho. Gave Isaac the Sol Blade over Felix for example. But I think I played more TLA than the original game, so that also applies. But knowing Sakurai, we could only get Dark Dawn Isaac and have Matthew as a Echo. In that case I'll alternative between them.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
0ver 200 pages and 8k posts. This is truly amazing.
Honestly though, if Isaac actually makes it in, we should migrate somewhere where we can discuss and speculate on the future of the series. Expand our net and catch more people that don’t know anything about the series.

I don’t think it should end with Isaac in Smash. I think once that happens that should open the door for fighting to revive the franchise.
So, do you all agree?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, I've long been part of a Golden Sun discussion forums for a few years before coming here. Used the same user name and all. We talked about popularity of Golden Sun in the North American and European regions, and I remember most of the forum was American and a few Europeans. Site was called Golden Sun Syndicate. Anyone remember it?

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
You know, I've long been part of a Golden Sun discussion forums for a few years before coming here. Used the same user name and all. We talked about popularity of Golden Sun in the North American and European regions, and I remember most of the forum was American and a few Europeans. Site was called Golden Sun Syndicate. Anyone remember it?
I was more into Golden Sun Realm TBH though the two seem to be damn near identical. Except Realm to this day looks visually appealing.

Both Sites, while operational, are kinda dead. Also just a quick look at Realms shows that the fanfic section has recently been updated with a new story. The first in a long time.... and it’s a hentai... yeah ok no.

Sigh... there used to be such neat stories. I even made a few.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
You know Isaac getting in Smash means he'll be officially branded with a 'smash personality' from folks who'll be introduced to him through Smash so get ready for him tons of new fanfics where he's paired with every princess and swordsman as far as the eye can see lol.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
You know Isaac getting in Smash means he'll be officially branded with a 'smash personality' from folks who'll be introduced to him through Smash so get ready for him tons of new fanfics where he's paired with every princess and swordsman as far as the eye can see lol.
At least he'll be in the conversation with said other characters. Besides, I would prefer to think he would be a big hit with the rest of the cast.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yup! And Golden Sun Realm as well! Very good sites back in the day. There was another that I miss going to called Golden Sun Adept's Refuge. It's completely gone last I checked. They had some fun stuff like, Comics, Ask Sheba, Felix In Your Mind, Piers' Magic 8 Ball, Tales of the Staff, etc.

My favorite segment that site had was "Isaac's Interview" where anyone could put any game character and Isaac would ask them 3 questions. The first two were set questions while the third was random:
1) Which GS character would you go on a date with?
2) Who is your least favorite character and what would you tell them?
3) Any type of question!

Even though Isaac's Interview is gone (I haven't been able to find it.), that didn't stop younger me from printing it all out beforehand. And I still have it all in a folder to this day. Though looking at it now, it's really cringeworthy stuff with a few good ones here and there.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Certainly not what I intended to post when I opened this topic but I remembered something I doodled years ago that seemed appropriate for the current topic:

As much as it pains me I just don't expect Isaac at all in Smash. I supported him a lot for Smash 4 due to his enormous potential as a fighter, but my hopes aren't high for him anymore...

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Hey, at this point I don’t mind.

I will get an Amiibo, a new main, and potentially a series revival.

They can ship Isaac with rob for all I care.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh My god they will start Shipping him with FRobin... wait... ROBIN IS JENNA NAME IN MY "Golden Sun Smash" PLAYTHOUGHT DAMNIT!

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Hey, at this point I don’t mind.

I will get an Amiibo, a new main, and potentially a series revival.

They can ship Isaac with rob for all I care.
Nah, it's meant in an amusing way. I always found it funny seeing how the smash fandom portrays a character and you get hilarious art and comic strip interactions so I want to see what fandom gimmick is given to Isaac. But boy did I have a laugh at that Isaac and Rob suggestion.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Nah, it's meant in an amusing way. I always found it funny seeing how the smash fandom portrays a character and you get hilarious art and comic strip interactions so I want to see what fandom gimmick is given to Isaac. But boy did I have a laugh at that Isaac and Rob suggestion.
Nah I get you, it’s like Little Mac and Zero Suit.
Look, the good thing is more Isaac art. Hopefully non of him making love to ROB, but I’ll take that sacrifice for him to be a fighter

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well for Isaac's "Ship's" I predict

Lucina
FRobin
FCorrin
ZSSamus
Master Hand
Any Golden Sun AT if we have
Rosalina
Isabele

Because of this I want Jenna as a AT to show to the shippers her Killing everyone of them

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Well assuming Palutena’s guidance is back we all know Viridi will most likely have a massive crush on Isaac. That’s were the shipping will start!

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
0ver 200 pages and 8k posts. This is truly amazing.
Honestly though, if Isaac actually makes it in, we should migrate somewhere where we can discuss and speculate on the future of the series. Expand our net and catch more people that don’t know anything about the series.

I don’t think it should end with Isaac in Smash. I think once that happens that should open the door for fighting to revive the franchise.
So, do you all agree?
If Isaac makes it, then yeah, if we can make something to discuss and speculate about GS i will follow. Unfornately most of my friends arent too much fan to video games. They know Golden Sun thanks to me but don't really care so i prefer discuss with you guys ^^

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Lucina
FRobin
FCorrin
ZSSamus
Master Hand
Rosalina
Isabele

Because of this I want Jenna as a AT to show to the shippers her Killing everyone of them
YOU FORGOT ROB!
If Isaac makes it, then yeah, if we can make something to discuss and speculate about GS i will follow. Unfornately most of my friends arent too much fan to video games. They know Golden Sun thanks to me but don't really care so i prefer discuss with you guys ^^
Isaac makes it in, holy ****, Golden Sun will have a nice revival. People will want to play it.

Roy is the reason I got into Fe

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Certainly not what I intended to post when I opened this topic but I remembered something I doodled years ago that seemed appropriate for the current topic:

As much as it pains me I just don't expect Isaac at all in Smash. I supported him a lot for Smash 4 due to his enormous potential as a fighter, but my hopes aren't high for him anymore...
If King k rool came back from the grave, then so can Isaac. :3

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I support! I say his spot on the roster is well deserved. To hype myself up for him, I've started playing Golden Sun for my first ever recently. I'm enjoying it so far!

KMDP

Smash Legend
If King k rool came back from the grave, then so can Isaac. :3
King K. Rool and Isaac! I command you to WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE and join the Smash!
I can't believe this is my first post today on this thread.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
King K. Rool and Isaac! I command you to WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE and join the Smash!
I can't believe this is my first post today on this thread.
HELL YEAH. An altered beast reference.

Though, a Shining Force teammate revival reference would be much more appropriate.

KMDP

Smash Legend
HELL YEAH. An altered beast reference.

Though, a Shining Force teammate revival reference would be much more appropriate.
I don't know all that much about Altered Beast and Shining Force, I just know the Altered Beast reference 'cause memes. ;laugh:

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Lucina
FRobin
FCorrin
ZSSamus
Master Hand
Rosalina
Isabele

Isaac with F!Robin or Rosalina seems pretty likely to me if we don't have Jenna as an AT. Somehow, I feel like Isabelle might end up being a thing, too. People shipped Matthew and Sveta after all

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just caught up on 17+ pages....

Well not that I'm complaining but it took a while xD

What I'm looking most forward to Isaac's reveal now is definitely the CG trailer. It has SO MANY possibilities, just like he has a huge possible moveset, they could do so much in his reveal!

Besides his new HD look we'll also see moves like Ragnarok! Megiddo! Judgment! Felix + Isaac tag attacks (if Felix is added as Echo)! Ahhh it gets me so excited!

So any new 'fake' leaks? That one linked a page or two ago was removed.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Klap trap was revealed as an assist trophy before K Rool was revealed.

So maybe.
Yes and no.
We could get Matthew as an AT and just that.

I just caught up on 17+ pages....

Well not that I'm complaining but it took a while xD

What I'm looking most forward to Isaac's reveal now is definitely the CG trailer. It has SO MANY possibilities, just like he has a huge possible moveset, they could do so much in his reveal!

Besides his new HD look we'll also see moves like Ragnarok! Megiddo! Judgment! Felix + Isaac tag attacks (if Felix is added as Echo)! Ahhh it gets me so excited!

So any new 'fake' leaks? That one linked a page or two ago was removed.
This was the fake leak (I’m on my phone so please excuse me)

E00627FA-FBD0-4BC4-BF0B-542869370C14.png
9E45CAEC-2CD2-42B0-88A4-1669C959F3F8.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well fooie.

The genesis is like my 3rd favorite Console of all time.
I had a Mega Drive, though I had a very limited selection of games for it.

Just the 8 games on the Demo Cartridge (which included Sonic 1 and Streets of Rage, can't remember what the other games were), Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic 3D and a weird Tazmanian Devil game where he gets abducted by Marvin the Martian or something.

Also Quackshot and Castle of Illusion (loved Quackshot, though I couldn't beat it)

No, I didn't have Sonic 3, not for lack of trying (I had Sonic 3 on the PC though).

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Yes and no.

View attachment 159905View attachment 159906
Thanks Pwnapplez Pwnapplez . Well, at the very least, he didn't make the grave mistake of misspelling most of the fighters. Main reason I don't believe these too much though is because it just provides 'too much' information, if you know what I mean. I could understand if you found out about the different new fighters and echos and even some ATs, but then adding "There is also a Steve trophy in the vault" is just 'off' to me. Who in the world would notice that or even go through to look for it?

The rest is all of mixture of what has been out there already really. Has the popular picks like Skull Kid and Black Knight who feel like a more recent speculation. And as much as I would LOVE it to happen, Felix as an echo of Isaac? I really am quite shaky on that and I wonder if it's just because other 'leaks' have put it on their list as well. Tapu Koko I could actually see happening and I'd be okay with since I'm not super high on Incineroar, although it does feel to me that it would be a Pokeball Pokemon if anything. Riku AND Sora? This is the nail in the coffin for me. Sora is hard enough to believe as it is, and I'm a gigantic fan of Kingdom Hearts. Sora just never felt very Smash Bros. to me, and, to be quite honest, if KH did actually get Sora in, that's all it would be able to get in.

Finally, doing the 'two sources' thing is clever, but not clever enough. He's basically setting it up to where the flimsy info he wants to 'leak' has an out while he can put everything else on the first source. It's a way in psychology to get you to accept a truth more readily. Which means it's all faker than fake.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yes and no.

Honestly, I would be completely ok with this. I get my Isaac (and look like Felix too) and Sora. Sad that Shadow isn't in but hey, I'll take Tails.

You know, IF Geno is not playable, I wonder if it would be because Square Enix was very stingy about what characters they wanted in and that they wanted Sora in instead (Yes, I know about the Disney thing, but that's besides the point).

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Guys guys... Clearly the best stage idea for Golden Sun is the Lamakan Desert. The battle will be constantly interrupted by one of the characters talking about the heat every 10 seconds.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Yes and no.

Oof okay, imma disect this monster

firstly lets reiterate what sakurai recently said *ahem* he's adding characters based on the top contenders on the ballot

Minecraft representation im gonna skip on since there's no real right or wrong in this scenario, it just exists

Having shadow not as an echo of sonic is completely absurd (especially if tails is the echo fighter) since at the very baseline of shadow, his structure is the same as sonic and has uncannily similar moves to sonic. Tails is shorter than sonic, and would defeat the purpose of the echo treatment, plus then the absence of shadow's assist would be really odd imo (and just a personal opinion, i really hope shantae isn't an assist)

Geno not being playable is what kills this leak for me, no way in hell after all the signs we've been given that he's still a mii costume. It would be a big f you to the fans. Plus what sakurai said about king k rool's inclusion seems to suggest that both k rool and geno's costumes were added in 4 because of their popular demand as playable characters and high votes on the ballot, and that they were put there simply because they didn't have enough time to make them their own characters. Geno is in. enough said.

Dr. Luigi being an echo would not be the reason that Dr. Mario isn't one. Dr. Mario isn't an echo because of his weight differences and him being from melee.

Sora to me seems way too out of place, as much i like kingdom hearts, there's no way Sora: a character who semi belongs to disney which is a huge block on getting him in, would be picked over Geno: a highly requested chaaracter who actually comes from the mario universe. square being stingy about it doesn't cut it for me, if they truly were stingy, they'd just leave Geno out of the game entirely, like they have been for years.

this leaker seems to claim that he has insider info as if he himself knows what's happening, when other times he seems to have the sources from other people, so which on is it?

this leak is just filled with flaws, it's fake guys

Last edited:

SoraSaturn

Smash Rookie
Yes and no.

Honestly I do feel like it's the darkest timeline. Although it's a great roster for us, look at all the fans who get the short end of the stick. I mean geno not playable, that's crazy. I'd just feel bad for the other fan pages if this is what we got.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

CA6B44E0-99F7-47E9-9FFA-E0877A2D9E94.png

I open up this thread and this is the first thing I see... WHY!? (I’m sorry)

Anyways, anything new Isaac related?

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
That said what character final reveal could have a big enough shock factor to top Ridley, K rool and possibly characters like Isaac's reveal ? If I think of it that way I can see Sora happening.

Top Bottom