• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I’m kinda sick of getting picked on for what is low post count, and not necessarily low content.
I should have clarified, I'm not scum reading you, just saying I don't have enough information to read you confidently. Part of that is that I think you have a meticulous scum game. I still don't understand how Sabrar caught you in Texas Hold'em Mafia. So it's not just about less then average content.

And I fully understand and expect you to have the amount of content you do. I'm not asking for more. I'm just noting that my read is uncertain.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I still don't understand how Sabrar caught you in Texas Hold'em Mafia.
It was a fluke. bessie didn't react to my nonstandard confirm-post because she didn't understand the reference. Then I tunneled the hell out of her based on that single point of 'evidence'.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
BTW should I bother bringing up something against Handorin or have we stopped caring about him altogether for today since we're expecting a check on him tonight and he's off the table?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
BTW should I bother bringing up something against Handorin or have we stopped caring about him altogether for today since we're expecting a check on him tonight and he's off the table?
I'm still interested. Scum could have a redirect for all we know, our current plan isn't foolproof.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Handorin finds DB's reads suspicious in #360. He votes for him in #375 and proposes a DB, me, Xivii scum-team in #540. He re-states that the reason behind the link between DB and myself is DB's readlist (#642). He doesn't build a case against me outside of that.
D2 he seems to accept DB's claim (#1340, #1354). However this obviously means that DB's original readlist would be genuine and therefore no links could exist between him and myself. But Handorin doesn't acknowledge it and continues to scum-read me like nothing happened.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 2.1

I sorta used up all of my flavour on Day 1. Maybe I shoulda planned this out better... Oh well. I'm sure I'll think of something. Sorry about the delay in posting this, by the way. Just continuously distracted for most of the past 24 hours. I even missed an IRL commitment too.
Sabrar (1) - LogicoftheVI
Jackrito (1) - BoomFrog
BoomFrog (2) - Jackrito, Deadbananas
Handorin (1) - Malakandra

Not Voting: Bessie, Cuthalion, fontisian, Handorin, Sabrar, Spak, Trisscar, Xivii, Pythag

Day 2 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, May 29th at 10:15 PM PST.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Handorin finds DB's reads suspicious in #360. He votes for him in #375 and proposes a DB, me, Xivii scum-team in #540. He re-states that the reason behind the link between DB and myself is DB's readlist (#642). He doesn't build a case against me outside of that.
D2 he seems to accept DB's claim (#1340, #1354). However this obviously means that DB's original readlist would be genuine and therefore no links could exist between him and myself. But Handorin doesn't acknowledge it and continues to scum-read me like nothing happened.
Yea, just because a link was broken doesn't mean you aren't scum. You just have another mate, mate.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Xivii - scum
Trisscar - town
LogicoftheVI - town
Deadbananas - town
Spak - town

malakandra - town
Cuthalion - town
Pythag - scum
Fonti - town
Handorin - scum

BoomFrog - town
Jackrito - scum
Sabrar - scum
Bessie - town

Also, can't wait to either be confirmed vanilla and laugh, or cop gets night killed and I get lynched anyways and I flip town mafia and laugh anyways.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Sabrar Sabrar Absent my meta read you've been fairly scummy. So far you've pushed Ninja for what most people will think is a weird reason, and he turned out town. You pushed DB and he's likely town. And you pushed an info lynch between Handorin and Fontisian when Fontisian is very likely to be town. I mean, obviously no one has hit scum yet, we are all failing to scum hunt effectively so far. But besides the Ninja push you've been doing fairly shallow scum hunting.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Because the four five others I have listed as scum are scum, and since I doubt there are more than that, the result must be town (or indie, but I guess I don't want to speculate that right now)
Alright. Why is Pythag more scummy then malakandra?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sabrar Sabrar Absent my meta read you've been fairly scummy. So far you've pushed Ninja for what most people will think is a weird reason, and he turned out town. You pushed DB and he's likely town. And you pushed an info lynch between Handorin and Fontisian when Fontisian is very likely to be town. I mean, obviously no one has hit scum yet, we are all failing to scum hunt effectively so far. But besides the Ninja push you've been doing fairly shallow scum hunting.
What's your meta read?

Sabrar Sabrar I appreciate the Handorin case.

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
so far in my catchup:

v: triss, Z25, logic all with a fairly good degree of confidence

not very v: spak

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is absolutely screwing with my head.
Wiisp Wiisp

Bad is not necessarily scummy in my mind, but it's those that I don't have a good read on either.

Xivii - bad
Trisscar - good
LogicoftheVI - good
Deadbananas - good
Spak - bad

malakandra - bad
Cuthalion - good
Pythag - good
Fonti - good
Handorin - bad ( but probably town, eh?)

BoomFrog - bad
Jackrito - good
Sabrar - good
Bessie - good

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really!?! Why?
Why is Fonti very likely town?
You, Jack and I were pushing DB EoD yesterday, I don't know that you can call Sab out for that and not incriminate yourself
I personally saw 3DS as town from a meta view, but others, like Ran absolutely disagreed. So does that mean that you find Ran scummy for that?

The Info lynch made sense to me at the time too. I had forgotten we had a vanilla checker though, so if Sab is still on that, then yes, I would have a problem with that.

That being said.

Your response seems super genuine, I like that.

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
That's interesting. I've felt spak's logic has been pretty solid. Can you point out something specific?
I categorically disliked everything he said in his opening wall, but that's about the extent of what I've read so far

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why is Fonti very likely town?
Because they are a power role and Z25's response to thinking they were lynched was very pure and townie. People are their most honest when they are emotional. Not discussing the replacement, just the lynch and twilight.

You, Jack and I were pushing DB EoD yesterday, I don't know that you can call Sab out for that and not incriminate yourself
I'm talking about pushes during the middle phase when wagons were being formed. If Handorian is town then EoD was three town wagons and no good choices.

I personally saw 3DS as town from a meta view, but others, like Ran absolutely disagreed. So does that mean that you find Ran scummy for that?
Yes, I hold that against Ran's slot, but it is outweighed by other things. I don't think scum-Ran attacks Xivii D1. That's an uphill battle. Also, the too wolfy-to-be-wolf comment that Ran said he'd been trying to make a case on Xivii since start of day. Scum don't admit that they are gunning for someone.

The Info lynch made sense to me at the time too. I had forgotten we had a vanilla checker though, so if Sab is still on that, then yes, I would have a problem with that.
It only make sense if you think Fonti is likely to be scum. What was your opinion of ZFonti at start of D2 and what is it now?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm talking about pushes during the middle phase when wagons were being formed. If Handorian is town then EoD was three town wagons and no good choices.
That's....a really good point.

It only make sense if you think Fonti is likely to be scum. What was your opinion of ZFonti at start of D2 and what is it now?

Because they are a power role and Z25's response to thinking they were lynched was very pure and townie. People are their most honest when they are emotional. Not discussing the replacement, just the lynch and twilight.

Yes, I hold that against Ran's slot, but it is outweighed by other things. I don't think scum-Ran attacks Xivii D1. That's an uphill battle. Also, the too wolfy-to-be-wolf comment that Ran said he'd been trying to make a case on Xivii since start of day. Scum don't admit that they are gunning for someone.

ahhhhhh nooooooo.

I was thinking Fonti = Ran replacement. I keep thinking Z was lynched. I know he wasn't, but my play isn't reflecting that.
I was confused how you were giving that blanket town. In my mind those weren't two separate questions.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
What's your meta read [on Sabrar]?
D1 Sabrar pushed a 3DSNinja lynch because the description of Ninja's PR seemed logistically impossible for a Mod to handle and therefore Sabrar assumed the PR claim was fake and as a liar Ninja was scum. Sabrar has very strong ideas about how a mafia game should be run (and it makes him a fantastic mod btw) very by-the-numbers. So it makes sense for Sabrar to find the PR unbelievable. However, if Sabrar is on a Mafia of 4 (or more) then he knows there is no other mafia in the game and would know that Ninja was sincere and would not have been in the right mindset to come up with thinking the role is fake.

But, thiere's caveats. Sabrar might have still thought the role was fake at first, logiced that it must be real but grabbed onto that initial feeling as the townie reaction and posted in that mindset. Or the Mafia could be 3 and he suspected Ninja was on a Mafia team of 2. Multiball and indies aren't that rare on our home site, and we don't really know how rare they are here. I'm still leaning town, but I'll expect more from Sabrar in later Days.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
ahhhhhh nooooooo.

I was thinking Fonti = Ran replacement. I keep thinking Z was lynched. I know he wasn't, but my play isn't reflecting that.
I was confused how you were giving that blanket town. In my mind those weren't two separate questions.
Huh... this reaction feels real but... if you thought Fonti was Ran's slot then why did an info lynch between Fonti and Handorian make sense?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
But, thiere's caveats. Sabrar might have still thought the role was fake at first, logiced that it must be real but grabbed onto that initial feeling as the townie reaction and posted in that mindset. Or the Mafia could be 3 and he suspected Ninja was on a Mafia team of 2. Multiball and indies aren't that rare on our home site, and we don't really know how rare they are here. I'm still leaning town, but I'll expect more from Sabrar in later Days.
I don't know if you even need that much, 3DS I think was lynch bait the last game we played, and while I read that as relatively genuine meta, many others didn't agree. I don't think it'd have been hard to push on 3DS for any reason really.

Huh... this reaction feels real but... if you thought Fonti was Ran's slot then why did an info lynch between Fonti and Handorian make sense?
Because didn't ran claim VT as well? I thought it was two VT claims, and with Ran's actions /push on Xivii I was still unsure of how to read that, and thought an info lynch would be good
Am I just making up my own game that I'm playing?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Because didn't ran claim VT as well? I thought it was two VT claims, and with Ran's actions /push on Xivii I was still unsure of how to read that, and thought an info lynch would be good
Am I just making up my own game that I'm playing?
Yes...? When Sabrar proposed the info lynch Handorian hadn't claimed VT yet. Ran never claimed and was never in any danger of being lynched so had no need to claim. So... :ohwell:

Wiisp

Smash Lord
So assuming 4 mafia, where are they?
Also that read on sabrar makes no sense
Why could mafia!sabrar push that

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes...? When Sabrar proposed the info lynch Handorian hadn't claimed VT yet. Ran never claimed and was never in any danger of being lynched so had no need to claim. So... :ohwell:

You're right..

Sab voting for info then doesn't look good.

I thought Hando was scummy, and then imagined that Sab was in the same mindset, but that isn't the same mindset.

I'm just freaking playing this whole game by myself it would seem.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
When Sabrar proposed the info lynch Handorian hadn't claimed VT yet.
Handorian didn't claim when in danger of being lynched. I would have been very surprised if he'd claimed PR. I thought he would have been a great check N1 for fonti.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
either hand is the most obvious scum here, and mafia is bussing him, or he is town
the Vanilla claim makes in more likely to be town atm

Next scummiest is Sabrar with 5
and Boom with 5 as well

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
talk to me about your xivii scum reads?
I don't know if I call it a scum read, it's just less certain.
Initially I was town reading xivii due to meta.

but I don't totally get how xivii gets to proclaim "shoot ran" and then when Ran isn't killed he doubles back thinking that how Ran acted was townie after all.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
jesus christ the multi quote function is garbage on this site
the first line was to sabrar
and the second was to Pythag

Top Bottom