• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag
why exactly is it wolfy?
do you find the process to be disingenuous?
I mean I did the same thing with Ran. I read it, started viewing Ran as scummy
His immediate vote on me or throwing me in the bottom four was pretty funny, and so I began approaching him as town.
His primary case was xivii's lack of push and his OMGUS vote on Ran.

He hadn't done much today other than say he thinks Ran is town, and that Sab is a wolf. (and, yes he woofed at a few other people too)

So that leads credence to now a town viewed Ran slot's case on xivii.

I belive I said in the first thing I'm not convinced he's a wolf, I'm just re-evaluating since I was reading Xivii as town D1.

Pythag I was tied up in the moment, and Ran’s reaction came after that statement.
Tied up as in, lost in the moment, or tied up as in you were unable to post?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Yea, just because a link was broken doesn't mean you aren't scum. You just have another mate, mate.
From what I saw, the reads you had originated from Deadbananas interaction with Sabrar, not the other way around. Whats your connection case now then?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
also for those that don't know, no wolf can ever show up as vanilla, so any vanilla check is confirmed town
Couldn't Osie just, add an ability where scum show up as vanilla? I'll trust the Vanilla check but saying theres no way it can be faked is a bit much.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
"
  • This is not a ******* game.
  • Roles may exist which may present false information to other roles. These will never affect role reveals or the original role PM. Acceptable roles include but are not limited to variations on Millers, Godfathers, Framers, Tailors, Lawyers, Ninjas, and Strongmen."

Per the 1st page rules, just so's ya know.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
...is it? Can you explain how this counters your original point?
I just don't think I had thought of the 'macro' of that.

looking at the chopping block, then it was DB, Z, and Hando, and none of them were scum?

Plus the 'info' lynch actually doesn't hold for me.

Once z/fonti claimed I wasn't interested in voting for that slot whatsoever.
That doesn't seem like a place to start looking.

My mistake was thinking that Fonti replaced Ran. and a Ran - Handorin info lynched made more sense to me, though I obviously was more interested in the Hando lynch. Plus I also misremembered that Ran had claimed VT, so I thought it was VT-VT lynch.

VT always stands out to me just cause I always think it's like the safest possible thing to claim, there's no counter claim to it. It's what I expect scum to claim most of the time, so because of all of my created misunderstandings, I thought the Ran - Handorin was reasonable for Sab to come to.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This was your original point:
You, Jack and I were pushing DB EoD yesterday, I don't know that you can call Sab out for that and not incriminate yourself
So how does this change your point:
I'm talking about pushes during the middle phase when wagons were being formed. If Handorian is town then EoD was three town wagons and no good choices.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Triss and Wisp can you walk me through step-by-step how you are using the quoting function? This site actually has the most efficient multi-quoting on any of the forums I've used.

Use the +Quote button when you want to quote multiple posts. Then beneath the text box, select "insert quotes" to add all of the quotes you selected. Do NOT use the "reply" button for multi-quoting. Only use the "reply" button when you specifically want to only quote 1 post.

Also if you only want to select part of a post to quote, highlight that part of the text and it gives you the option to either add it to the multi-quote or reply to it there.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What is spewed?
I forgot to answer this. Spewed is when a player's alignment is revealed based on how a flipped mafia member treated them. For example, if Ran flipped scum, then I would be spewed town because of his push. That is the official way the term is meant to be used; however, its meaning has begun to be conflated with "cleared" or "outted" (regardless of how that came to be) and that is the sense that Wisp was using it.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So assuming 4 mafia, where are they?
Also that read on sabrar makes no sense
Why couldn't mafia!sabrar push that
Obviously, someone in my town list is scum. I'm not going to catch the deepwolves until I catch the shallow wolves and find links. But trying to find the deepwolves first just ends up with a bunch of paranoia lynches.

scum!Sabrar would not be so vicerally offended by the impossibility of Ninja's role because he'd know Ninja is town and is sincere.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'd add that on this site quotes within quotes are removed by the "+quote" and Reply functions, that's why things mysteriously disappear from quoted posts.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Xivii - bad
Trisscar - bad
Deadbananas - good
Spak - bad

malakandra - good
Cuthalion - bad
Pythag - good
Fonti - good
Handorin - bad

BoomFrog - good
Jackrito - bad
Sabrar - bad
Bessie - good

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
scum!Sabrar would not be so vicerally offended by the impossibility of Ninja's role because he'd know Ninja is town and is sincere.
Goddamnit boom....why do you have to make sense here? Are you sure Sabrar wouldn't go for the newbie mislynch?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't Osie just, add an ability where scum show up as vanilla? I'll trust the Vanilla check but saying theres no way it can be faked is a bit much.
Roles may exist which may present false information to other roles. These will never affect role reveals or the original role PM. Acceptable roles include but are not limited to variations on Millers, Godfathers, Framers, Tailors, Lawyers, Ninjas, and Strongmen.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Why couldn't he fake that?
The easiest thing for a wolf to do, is attack mechanics, rather than the player

in regards to the multi quote, my first quoted message got yeeted, even though it was in the preview

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'd add that on this site quotes within quotes are removed by the "+quote" and Reply functions, that's why things mysteriously disappear from quoted posts.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, that is negative. I didn't use to do that. I feel like it's something recent.

Also triss clicking on the arrow or name takes you to the quote. And all multi quotes save forever until you insert them. Regardless of whether you leave the thread or the site.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Okay boys, I'm here. I'm supervising a research group, which is hard when we are suddenly told we can't use the labs, so I've had to dedicate all of my time to finding a work space and figuring out what the heck to do for the next two weeks lol. Will start reading up on things that have happened since the flip.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I was kinda suspicious of him so I figured if he was scum then I may have a chance of being targeted by scum for pushing him and that could kill him, and in the case that he wasn't scum I figured I wouldn't be a target for mafia tonight and if they tried to kill him I could stop that from hitting their target.
Why do you think the Mafia would have aimed for you? I'd have thought that you would've been a safe target to keep alive since you were so close to death last game... Only thing I could think of is a bus driver with a high and low target player, but it wouldn't make sense to have a bus driver flip you and someone else, then have mafia take a shot at you (unless they wanted to negate protection, but even still that seems like a waste of a bus to cause confusion among the townsfolk as well as increasing the chances of getting caught by some sort of tracker). The role seems like a cool one (making it both easier to fakeclaim (smaller chance of a CC than a claiming standard vig) and harder to make up), but I'm not 100% sold... I'll have to sleep on it.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Okay boys, I'm here. I'm supervising a research group, which is hard when we are suddenly told we can't use the labs, so I've had to dedicate all of my time to finding a work space and figuring out what the heck to do for the next two weeks lol. Will start reading up on things that have happened since the flip.
you have 1 hour to make me like you before I vig you,
GO

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Osie is the mod, and he allows small edits
thanks
My bad, I just assumed he was going by forum standard rules of absolutely no edits (to avoid editing out slips, since there's no editing history on SWF).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also Wiisp Wiisp what is your experience with Triss? 3DS mentioned that you guys played forum Mafia together, and Triss' actual level of experience greatly impacts my view of their slot.

Top Bottom