• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm going to go to bed. Will set my alarm for 8 hours and probably vote Jack then assuming bessie gives the OK. I may be on for about an hour after that.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Gnight! I guess I should probably head to bed too, I'll finish day 2 in my reading and hopefully wake up early enough to finish day 3 and still have a good amount of time left to post, if not then I'll have to skip finishing the read through for today, but I think jack hits scum either way here, so I can read through more later.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Fonti/Jack/Triss/Spak

Fonti and Jack make sense together from the clear d3 to a lot of the interactions today.
Fonti Jack and Triss work well together with Fonti getting a supposed red check on Triss, and then both fonti and Jack townreading her. Jack specifically bringing up things that would allude to Triss being scum but then ending in a town read.
Spak I'll admit is the loose part here, and in there due to PoE. Since I firmly believe Sabrar, and trust DB over Spak.

The stuff I've been reading through has not shown anything that contradicts this so far.

Why the hell does Fonti not just say Triss is vanilla in that world why would we make it so overcomplicated this theory is dumb. It is way easier to just say Triss is town for both of us and never doubt it.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Also we do not have masons. That does not make sense with Booms role and Ninja role add Z25 role to that as well. All of those are conformable as town to a degree you do not put masons in as confirmable as well thar is too much of a towncore.

Xivii and Bessie are scum team mates pretending to be masons to trick everyone it's a old trick. Mala is clearly their teammate based off today as well.

Whoever town is will just follow Xivii like a lost sheep because he can speak well and create BS because he has being power Wolfing all game like I said 2 days ago.

I may not be around for EOD so voting now. Only way I'm wrong and lose game off this is if Fonti is scum with Sabrar DB and Spak but I really doubt that is the scum team. Still not sure who last scum is in my Xivii scum team but I worry about that later.

This was always going to he a hard L for us today if we never got on same page and that looks like it's happening.

Vote Xivii

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Agree with Jack, that's a very complicated thing to do and therefore has way too many failure points.

Masons is a very convenient claim right now. Also just had someone in the concurrent game say they were going to claim masons with another scum team member. XD
Also Xivii's posting style changed after.... N2 I think? Which is weird, and I'm hoping it's for game reasons and not IRL ones. They became much less verbose and stopped explaining themselves.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Jack you say we don’t make sense with neap and db but one that’s not true and two it assumes that they are town.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If Jack were town, he’d reevaluate. It’s so obvious scum were gunning for me to be the lylo mislynch and weren’t expecting the claim. THAT was the goal, to remain alive to the point where our claim inconvenienced scum.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...No, I've been scum reading you for a while purely based on your tone, consistency, and choice of words. It's just taking me a while to put the things I've noticed into anything resembling formal language.
If you indeed are not scum, I'm going to want to go over some of your choices later with you if you're amenable. Because you're showing multiple signs of something and I'm trying to figure out what that is.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...Ugh I might be getting times wrong.

At some point after the EoD1 debacle you went silent for a good while. When you came back your entire method of communication had changed as far as I was reading it. You went from verbose, measured (usually) responses and questions, often with explanatory phrasing; to short or incomplete sentences and next to no explanation at all unless pressured into doing so, and even then the responses were short and mostly empty.
This could have been due to the debacle itself, it could have been due to out-of-game events, it could be due to something happening on the scum-chat side of things if you are indeed scum.
What I am worried about, is that it was an IRL thing beyond the current multiple crisis' going on right now. It makes me wonder if I should be asking for general wellness checks on the entire game each day phase or something.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hm, probably just because Ran. I always intended to be low key and chill in thread and have the bulk of my figuring things out with bessie in private. If you read early D1, this is how I started out. It’s also how I played in my two previous games. Ranmaru and I have a long history together and he’s on multiple occasions pushed a mislynch on me Day 1 because I wasn’t playing verbose as you put it. I’ve explained to him multiple times tpost-game that this is not a scum trait and he’s promised over and over that he’d stop treating it as it is and let me play how I do, yet he still does it every game. I was particularly pissed because he just outed me as cop in the last game D1 the same way, promised not to do it again, then almost did it again.

When he was no longer in the game, I was able to go back to how I started.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is when it all began:
Dude. You are letting like one thing cloud your vision. Zen's scum. Like so scum that I'm taking the the ****ing time to make a case. Chill.
Zen Scum Play in Dr Who Mafia

Ran and Zen interactions (a good read to understand why zen claimed scum and stuff)

Zen's scum play in dr who mafia:

- Enters game, doesn't do anything. Not even a random vote, which I call out.

- Once called out, instantly vote Kary.

- I vote Zen for no reason to get a reaction, he votes me back and says "Oh hey prod-dodge why isn't anyone posting"

- I vote Kantrip for being lazy as hell, and my other scumreads consist of inactives (soup/zen), who were both scum. I'm voted by Kary for this. Zen is fine with lynching me for this. He's not even trying.

Big play:

- Zen makes a big case on Orbo and Pawn, and then says he doesn't want to lynch me anymore. A flip flop.

- Soup asks me to vote pawn, while I'm townreading soup.

- Pawn flips town.

Day 2

- Zen claims tracker, and says he tracked Orbo to Kantrip.

- I doubt this, and don't vote and wait for a CC.

- Others are like "WTF RAN" But I stay firm and stand my ground.

- Lotsa dumb stuff (and funny stuff) happens in between, eventually Zen gives up and votes himself, claiming scum.

- I vote him, and he tries to implicate J as his partner and votes him, and I tell him nah. (J was town)

- After some time (and more interactions) J comes in and slaps us all silly, and tells us to lynch Orbo.

- Zen says "FINALLY" and votes orbo. Him claiming scum was just a ploy.

- Zen chastices Orbo for not knowing some mechanic wasn't true.

- Zen sticks to his "I'm town stop tunneling me ran i'm dead now :(" stick.

- ZEN FLIPS MAFIA

So as you can see, this is Zen's scum play. It's a bit more obvious there, but here he is playing it a bit safer.

My thoughts, is that there is never a null play. Sure, there is meta, but you can only really read it as town, or scum. This is not Zen's town play. As scum he tends to just go for whatever lynch, and does go for crazy things such as claiming tracker, and even claiming scum, as a ploy. But this doesn't mean you can just handwave them all as null, therefore he is unreadable. This also doesn't mean he doesn't do crazy things as town, he does. But his intentions are different, since he is a different alignment, and he shows it too, he can really shine his townieness when town, and is doing things and trying to GET DEM READS. Not in the newb, nor here. That's not true at all, if that was the case he could have won the game there if I let him go with a null and voted Orbo. No.
Good...god...

Ran you just wasted your entire day making a case that no one sans joey is going to read. And on top of it you're wrong...
How were you so confident though?
It seeped through your play this entire game. You having a null on me, you not doing much, you trying to fake content, you having a null on others and 'understanding' my points, and then you getting this big scumread on me. It basically showed when you challenged me. If you were town you'd be able to see townme, but instead you were trying to twist it and also you didn't care to reply to my response. If you really had a problem with me you would have stated it EARLY GAME when you were talking to me. Early game scott pilgrim you were like "Ran what are you doing" and that showed you really did care. Here, you did not.
The problem is though, you asked me about the null thing like 2 days into the game lol. You expected me to have a read on you when not even everyone had posted and when you had under 10 posts.
Zen (Furbies, vanilla townie) was lynched!
This was 2013. You can see that his arguments there are identical to the arguments he made here. This has been an ongoing thing ever since that game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Forgot to post our Day 1 alternating crumb last night. Alternating, the first post made after the other had been posting begins with the letter spelling Masons. So bessie started with M, then she could make any number of posts, and when I came on I would continue with A and make any number of posts, then when she came on she would continue with S and so on.

Much of the posting in this game will probably happen when I’m at work. For those of you that I’ve never played with, I don’t play when I’m working but I should be available after this time every day. This is a little earlier than usual for me. I will make an effort to be available around deadline, but I’m usually still working at 5.

If this is a serious vote, then you are voting for xivii because you don’t like his gambits, and because he is hard to read?
If this is actually RVS, why are you defending this vote?

I think that if this is part of 3DSNinja’s role, then it is not out of game, and Ninja is the one that brought it up. If this just means he’s being advised by someone unofficially, he should get the mod's blessing. But from post #76 it sounds like it is part of his role.

I just never really have. When I place a vote, it will be serious. I’m not really good at the small talk that usually starts off the game, though I recognize it as necessary, because we have to get talking somehow. I like to go right for analysis. Also, totally meta reason, almost all of the games on my old site tended to start while I was at work, by the time I got home, there was some actual content to analyze (and RVS was more or less over). Or I like to analyze confirmation posts. See Post #45.

My playstyle is what works for me. One thing I like about mafia is playing with different people with different playstyles. The difference, and the conflict, is what drives content. If everyone played like me, well for one thing, it would be hard to get anything going because I’m more reactive.

Well, there’s like a few more posts since I started typing this out. Back later.
Are you upset about Token mafia?
So it appears I was wrong and there’s going to be a good amount of posts in the evening as well as during the day time.

Hi LogicoftheVI! You said you were at work and would post 5 hours or so later. I also don’t post when I am at work for reasons, the obvious one being, well, they are paying me to work. So I don’t see anything that would have drawn undue attention to your post. And you followed up as promised.

I’ve never heard of a shadow role either. It’s not rolefishing, it was asking for information on a claim.

This is interesting, that you should attribute annoyance to town. I didn’t ask you to change or remove your vote, I asked you if it was serious. I have seen players voted or lynched in the past because they are hard to read, and possibly a liability at endgame.

Why are you trying to play “right”, or as you think town should play? I asked you this in Flavorless Mafia too. See my post #222 in that game.

I don’t have anything against RVS, I just have never done it myself (except that game where I was pretending to be Madge, for LaserGuy’s weirdly selective memory).

The stuff that sticks out to me on first read is the stuff I’m quoting and questioning.

Playstyle differences between here and me/my home site, where we didn’t vote early and often. IIRC, this was discussed a lot in the Crossover Mafia game with DGames and xkcd. That you played. And you should remember this from other games you played on xkcd. Give me some time to adjust to my new surroundings.

Why are you having so much trouble coming up with content that you have to ask me a question that you already know the answer to?

I think that this is not necessarily true. The last game on xkcd, Ranmaru made a big read list (and I thought a good one) toward the end of D1. Unfortunately, the game is no longer accessible for me to link.
O hai Wisp
No way… why didn’t I think of using the search feature before to filter. Yeah this is not ideal but it helps out a lot.

Me too. I wept.

And I'm tired, back tomorrow.
Sumting Sumting Maifa.

Exkcdians I just want to say, I'm really happy you guys are here

I'm going to try and get some more sleep before I have to get ready to head out.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Holy s***, you guys actually did. What even yall. Irregardless of whether that was a VERY early scum plan or genuine, that is still amazing. XD

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jack you say we don’t make sense with neap and db but one that’s not true and two it assumes that they are town.
Did I say DB eariler I meant to say Ninja I still think DB could be scum so not including them.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Forgot to post our Day 1 alternating crumb last night. Alternating, the first post made after the other had been posting begins with the letter spelling Masons. So bessie started with M, then she could make any number of posts, and when I came on I would continue with A and make any number of posts, then when she came on she would continue with S and so on.

I'm going to try and get some more sleep before I have to get ready to head out.
I do not have the time today because of work to try and think about if scum would plan this far ahead. Masons still just seems so uneeded and give town too much confirms. It would mean Fonti is scum which is a weird world for me to be in.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
If Jack were town, he’d reevaluate. It’s so obvious scum were gunning for me to be the lylo mislynch and weren’t expecting the claim. THAT was the goal, to remain alive to the point where our claim inconvenienced scum.
Im town and being the main one pushing for your lynch so not really scum gunning for you.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
  1. Xivii - Claims Town Mason with Bessie
  2. Trisscar - Claims Town Vanilla
  3. 3DSNinja - Town Imaginary Friend, Died N1.
  4. Deadbananas - Claims Town Regretful Kill-Redirector
  5. Spak - ?
  6. Malakandra - ?
  7. Ranmaru Cuthalion Toko Fukawa - Town Vanilla, Died N3.
  8. Pythag - Town 2-Shot Bulletproof, Lynched D3.
  9. Z25 fontisian - Claims Town Neapolitan
  10. Handorin - Town Vanilla, Lynched D2.
  11. LogicoftheVI - Town Vanilla, Died N3.
  12. BoomFrog - Town Friendly Neighbour, Died N2.
  13. Jackrito - Claims Town Vanilla
  14. Sabrar - Claims Town Vigilante
  15. Bessie - ?
  16. LaserGuy - Town Vanilla, Died N1.

Seems correct so far?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Confirmed Town Roles:
Imaginary Friend
2-shot Bulletproof
Friendly Neighbor
3 Vanillas

Trisscar

Smash Ace
.....I'mma be honest, the play here if this was Town of Salem would be to lynch the Vigi or Kill driver.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I dreamed Handorin was still in the game, we killed him and he flipped scum. It was a pleasant dream.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Opinions on whether Spak and Malak claiming is useful and/or appropriate at this juncture?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I'm masons with Xivii. I need to go to work but will try to follow the thread I can't guarantee when I will be able to post though.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm masons with Xivii. I need to go to work but will try to follow the thread I can't guarantee when I will be able to post though.
Ok.

I think the extent of the crumbs means that Xivii and Bessie are either masons or they've been planning this from the beginning of the game. Where I play, it's not /usual/ for scum to plan this kind of thing out, but it's not unheard of either.

Xivii Xivii what's a pet theory you had in mason chat that you never brought up in the thread. If the rules allow it, maybe paraphase a post in there. Same question to bessie bessie if you're around to answer (this, by the way, is why it would have been better to claim earlier.)

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I tend to be against claiming unless there is a reason and keeping power roles hidden as long as possible. Reasons to claim: a night result that leads directly to scum like cop or watcher; a claim that can prevent a mislynch like if someone was jailed and couldn’t have preformed a kill; or for strategic advantage late in game. One reason I have been suspicious of Spak is that there was no need for the vig to claim D2 a claim wouldn’t lead to scum or prevent a possible mislynch, and looking back now that there has been a claim it would have exposed the odd night vig on an even day. And Xivii was also right in that I don’t like claiming in general and have a long history of arguing about this on my former site because there are a couple of players that would always push to claim early and make it into a game of planning out the night actions to catch scum instead of well, playing mafia (many of our games were high power with no vanillas). Let me think about if I want to answer the other question or Xivii can answer it.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
If I'm willing to believe this mason claim which is a big if. One of DB or Sabrar is scum here. I refuse to believe that all claims are town that is far too many. I also never lynch Fonti today because of overall play and claim.

This leaves me with Spak Triss Mala Sab and DB. If I'm removing Bessie and Xivii. That would mean 1 of them is town and the rest scum. That does not feel right tbh. So let's go through .

I see Sab as town because of play and claim to a degree. Triss feels ok but can be scum here I don't know it's weird to explain. I see DB as more likely scum then Sab based off DB play and I still don't trust their claim. I would lynch Mala today for pushing our only invest role and poor play overall. Then that leaves me with Spak who I don't think is scum today either.

So my best scum team there is DB Triss Mala and Spak that does not feel right at all. Since I struggle to see DB and Triss same team.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hard to type everything on phone. Some things that come to mind:

-bessie bringing me down to earth on Ran. Didn't like that me and him were posting so much hard to keep up
-both of us pinged by Sabrar d1, were planning on pushing him if his claim didn't like up, we did think he was probably a PR
-Bessie disappointed Boom didnt do a little dance for her
-started speculating that Fonti could be scum Neap after boom died
-discussing Triss' personality type. Conclude she is very much a female sabrar
-lots of convincing on jack read
-debate over Spak alignment

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Still wanting to know what your "more" is on me, Jack.

Now you've got me curious what "female Sabrar" means Xivii. XD

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I might just have to vote Mala here since works as scum in all my world's. We have a hour left. I feel like we won't get any lynch and lose tbh.

IThat Mason claim is not real though. It can't be or this setup makes zero sense to me.

Top Bottom