• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI have you seen the thread since your last posts? Any thoughts on the game you would like to share since you aren’t voting?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He has viewed without posting.
Interesting I was wondering that since he hasn’t said anything in awhile. But I hadn’t see him viewing. What about Spak Spak ?

It’s the final hours of the day spak, so I have the same questions for you if your around.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Lynching Ran is still viable. LaserGuy LaserGuy Jackrito Jackrito Pythag Pythag @ All we should sort me and Ran today. If you're not following my arguments, then follow the data: I've played probably more than a dozen games with Ran and I have only misidentified him as scum once (and also as town once). This is not town Ran.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Bessie will join if it comes down to it.

Ran, ever since you stated you were willing to die to prove I'm scum, you've been trying to wiggle out of it. If you think I'm scum put your money where your mouth is.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am willing to die to lynch you the next day. Bring it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This just shows you will say anything to justify a scum read of me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nah. If you thought I was scum, you wouldn't have anything to prove. You self voting there reveals that you're putting on a show. Town!Ran wouldn't have anything to prove to someone he thought was scum and so wouldn't the command to self-vote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let me ask you this: what is the purpose in you asking me to self vote?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You have mentioned my willingness to die more than once. Your motive wasn't to sort me any further. You are full of beans. You say I am putting on a show. I am willing to die to get you lynched the next day. I will be keeping my vote on me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I had a group final project due yesterday so I've been gone for a bit (my phone registers me as viewing while I have a tab open in the browser, even when I'm not viewing)... And I assumed deadline was midnight (trying to spend time with parents before leaving for my internship), but I'll be around and try to catch up before deadline.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is bad town play, but lynches within (me, zen) are more fruitful for day one then any other wagons.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Unvote

lol if this doesn't confirm Ran scum, I don't know what else will
I don't really buy the logic here. Nobody is interested in voting for you at the moment. I don't see what scum!Ran gains here by going on a suicidal crusade against Town!you.

Unvote; Vote: Ranmaru
*sigh*. This is one of those games where I'm going to wrong about every read isn't it? Okay. Bananas wagon is too soft. He's picked up 5 votes and the closest thing anyone has come to defending him is your half-hearted defense, and no other wagons have rolled up against it. So it's probably bad. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more you/Zen makes sense as TvT.

This is bad town play, but lynches within (me, zen) are more fruitful for day one then any other wagons.
I don't think so. Nobody is eager to take sides on this.

I'm going to need to try skim back over things and regroup. Going to put this as a placeholder in the hopes he shows up:

Vote: Logic

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't really buy the logic here. Nobody is interested in voting for you at the moment. I don't see what scum!Ran gains here by going on a suicidal crusade against Town!you.
Because he's not actually suicidal. It's for show. If you thought someone was scum and they told you to self vote, would you? Scum have this sense of needing to prove themselves even to the players they are "scumreading" because they need to come off as town to them as well. Whereas town aren't worried about coming off as town to their scumreads. It's a subtle tell, but I really think if Ran genuinely thought I was scum, he wouldn't be trying to prove himself to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't see how this shows I don't believe in my read on you. It was all built up from the beginning of the game. You haven't responded to my response of the points.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LaserGuy LaserGuy He doesn't see it because he isn't looking at intent like I mentioned in my read on him. He is only trying to justify his fake read on me further. You are letting his meta blind you. Remember, his push is omgus.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t even know what is going on with these plays right now. But I stand by not voting a ran wagon.

Ran is definitely a little different but they still have a lot of their tone and analysis skills that so far have been good at generating discussions.

I find it hard to believe scum Ran could manage as well with keeping content alive but I could be wrong. I’m staying where I am right now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I were to change my vote I would maybe move to DB but I’m not overcrowding that wagon this early

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
LaserGuy LaserGuy He doesn't see it because he isn't looking at intent like I mentioned in my read on him. He is only trying to justify his fake read on me further. You are letting his meta blind you. Remember, his push is omgus.
Actually his push was that you were arguing in bad faith.

He held off on calling you scummy until your reads list
Then he challenged your reads list and wasn't happy with how you rebuffed him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
...Ran, I know you're town, but doing crap like that's gonna get you lynched.

...Xivii, I don't think Ran is a good D1 lynch.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Z if the logos isn't convincing, then what about the ethos:
I've played probably more than a dozen games with Ran and I have only misidentified him as scum once (and also as town once).
Based on the data, Ran is the best play here.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Ran why do you think getting yourself lynched here will cause people to lynch Xivii. The majority of people seem to think this is TvT or are slightly sided one way with more being towards Xivii being more town. If you flip and reveal town I don't see a lot of people then saying its not TvT.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Banana: People will see Zen was arguing in bad faith, and will cause them to reconsider their reads on him and others involved with our interactions.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
But we'd also lose a very valuable townie just to get a mafia out.
I'm of the opinion we should save exeing either of you until D2

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rather, people will see that Zen was omgusing when I had good points on him. Most importantly that he was disengaged, and brought little to nothing to the table. Between him and myself, who is trying to process the win condition of town?

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
It may cause reconsideration sure but I think it would be more effective to stay alive and make more arguments later.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Xivii Xivii : If there were a hypothetical world where I had an N0 cop clear on Ran, where would you move your vote?

@Ran: Same question with names reversed.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Rather, people will see that Zen was omgusing when I had good points on him. Most importantly that he was disengaged, and brought little to nothing to the table. Between him and myself, who is trying to process the win condition of town?
Neither of you now since I don't see how self voting helps progress town win condition at all. But for the sake of argument before you self voted you did appear to be working on it more.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Banana: People will see Zen was arguing in bad faith, and will cause them to reconsider their reads on him and others involved with our interactions.
You have played a ton of games. You should be fully aware that people generally don't reevaluate their line of thinking just because a dead townie told them to. Mainly because the dead townie won't be there to further argue their cause.

Top Bottom