• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Here's an example of Ran similarly pushing me in bad faith as mafia (I'm Ro Laren): https://smashboards.com/threads/basic-mafia.447409/
WAIT, you were the one that I had to replace into that doomed slot for? I put in all the work I could that game, but it was awful trying to clean up for that slot lol. To be fair, I also thought thought Ro Laren was scum as I was reading up before I got to replace in lol.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii I have learned that Ran's confidence exceeds my ability to imagine Ran's confidence. I'm not going to lynch him for being overconfident. That's Ran doing as a Ran does. Both your wagons have no traction. Get off it and come back to this D2. We're burning the most precious data gathering hours here by focusing on you two. There's like 3 other scum to find even if Ran is scum. Hunt elsewhere.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
WAIT, you were the one that I had to replace into that doomed slot for? I put in all the work I could that game, but it was awful trying to clean up for that slot lol. To be fair, I also thought thought Ro Laren was scum as I was reading up before I got to replace in lol.
Ro Laren was obvious town. She led the scum lynch on Ranmaru Day 1.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reason for why I'm doing this is because in this game, my position isn't as good as it was in Oasis. No one will listen to what I say. So this is my last resort. It's my fault for trying out this new playstyle.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
We have 7 hours until deadline. In Oasis D2 at that time I was not even considered to be anywhere near a lynch-candidate. It is way too early to disregard wagons.
I'm not disregarding new wagons. I'm trying to clear out old wagons that aren't going anywhere. These wagons have been discussed thoroughly and people aren't on board. We need to consolidate because only votes that have a real risk of lynching someone are actually useful for analysis later. Votes on these dead wagons are basically null tells at this point

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
On page 15 right now, and I feel like Xivii/Ran is TvT... I just think that scum is letting two old players with some beef have it out, then they put themselves in a situation where they want to waste the first two day's worth of lynches on each other. Unless there's something more condemning somewhere down the road from my current spot, I wouldn't want to vote either of them. Ran's always read super town to me and I don't have enough experience with Xivii, but I've never seen Ran suicide vote before (seems like way too risky of a gambit for him to throw as scum knowing his playstyle imo) and Xivii's frustration with the situation seems genuine (although I do think that being "90%" confident in scum!Ran at this point based off of purely meta is overkill, especially D1).

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Reason for why I'm doing this is because in this game, my position isn't as good as it was in Oasis. No one will listen to what I say. So this is my last resort. It's my fault for trying out this new playstyle.
We believe you are town, that's not the problem. Having more townie credit wouldn't help you get listened to here. Dying and flipping town won't get you more listened to here.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
For example: Your counter point doesn't make sense with your town read of me. (Top town read) What is the purpose in making that post? #602
Playing devil's advocate? I feel like giving someone a town read doesn't give them a free pass from speculation. I'd be more worried if they just locked you away as a Townie 100%; that'd make me think they were trying to just put something together for some sort of reads list rather than genuinely search for the truth.
I also see Sabrar, Logic, Lasor, Xivii as my main town reads atm also partly because of meta reasons. If I'm wrong on Ran then I relook at Xivii
What about a ran flip would make you relook Xivii? Pushing someone this hard knowing they're town would be (bar WIFOM).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Logic is strong town lean from meta. Token Power Mafia was a really quick game if anyone wants to skim through it for town jack and scum logic and z meta.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why day 3 this makes it sound to me that your role has something special on day 3.
Could be breadcrumbs to refer back to later; generally safer if you don't point those things out lol.
Z this game (stances)
There have been more stances (a read list, commentary on you v. Xivii being TvT, etc.) that weren't listed here...
Ro Laren was obvious town. She led the scum lynch on Ranmaru Day 1.
As I remember it, Ro Laren was a slot that caved under pressure, then left the thread lol.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How does Logic's meta differ from Token here?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
He was very friendly trying to get on your good side. Here he's aggressive with no concern for stepping on toes.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Okay. Bananas wagon is too soft. He's picked up 5 votes and the closest thing anyone has come to defending him is your half-hearted defense, and no other wagons have rolled up against it. So it's probably bad.
When you made this discussion was it influenced by my post?

I used to have deadbananas but I've taken then out because of a secret reason
If yes, what was your interpretation of my "secret reason"?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fine I'll go back I like the older one better anyway.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Vote Trisscar

Unfortunately I don't see the Ninja vote going anywhere so Im going to my second strongest scum read.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I brought up Dead in the first place; just didn't vote for him on my intial post.
Dunno about pythag tho.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag states my reads are town, but his read of me in his read list is very wishy washy. He wants to scum read me, and is trying to get to that end result.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I brought up Dead in the first place; just didn't vote for him on my intial post.
Dunno about pythag tho.
I still don't know why. You have failed to give explanations for a majority of both yours and your shadows stances.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I... honestly just found it weird you just jumped on voting me and said me being in the background was suspicious, but then when I said why I was in the background for that period of time you never acknowelged it and you only became active when someone voted you up.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Your shadow had Mala, Lasor and Hand as PoE before and when asked about it you said you'd ask your shadow about why those where the case and when you came back you didn't give explanation for those and voted me, again with little explanation as to why.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because Xivii's play is consistent with something I recognize, and your play had not.
Your reads list and confidence are VERY Town Ran. I haven't played with scum Ran, so my antenna is up.
I still air on the this being TvT as LG just said though. I'm just trying to discern if you're arguing in good faith or not.

Xivii - Gotta see how Ran v Xivii turns out tbh.

Ran - I'm beginning to see things from Xivii's side, and I'm not certain Ran looks that great anymore. I'm trying to figure out who's playing me in this fight.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I... honestly just found it weird you just jumped on voting me and said me being in the background was suspicious, but then when I said why I was in the background for that period of time you never acknowelged it and you only became active when someone voted you up.
Could you link me to where you explained why you were in the background.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I basically said, "I'm busy with finals and haven't had time for mafia."

And in response to why my shadow thinks you're a good lynch, they think your reads list is disingenuous and the scum reads are... really bad.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
These are who my shadow is firmly against lynchin D1
Logic/Xivii/Jack/Ranmaru/Pythag

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
and here's the explanations
Hand feels better seeing Z25 on him
Malak hasn't done much of anything, which doesn't make him a wolf, but he certainly isn't townie
I wouldn't really prefer his lynch yet
Deadbanana's read list is so fake, and he is just attacking low hanging fruits

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I basically said, "I'm busy with finals and haven't had time for mafia."

And in response to why my shadow thinks you're a good lynch, they think your reads list is disingenuous and the scum reads are... really bad.
I must of missed your post about the finals before but I still don't think your town for it since my points still stand. Bad in what way. That your shadow thinks they are wrong, think I came to them in a wrong way, both?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Pythag states my reads are town,
Not exactly, you exclude the part where he says that he only knows town!Ran so what he's basically saying is that you play the same way as before. He has no experience with scum!Ran and can imagine the world where scum!you replicates town!you-s reads.

Top Bottom