• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I honestly view the first day as the least useful one. You get some suspicions from behavior, yes, but who the victims are and looking back over a victim's posts makes catching a mafia a far easier task then trying to catch a mafia simply on behavior as in the end, behavior can only be so helpful. You need to find a killer's signature in order to catch them, after all.
3DSNinja, is this your thoughts, or your shadow's thoughts?

I think that Ran is acting slightly suspicious, but also I don't think he's scum. I mean, he was suspcious in Oasis as well... and he was town there. I think that mafia usually try to blend in and hop on to bandwagons, which is why I feel like Xivii is still closer to the scum scale, but I'm not sure if he is scum because while he could be trying to go risky as scum, I genuinely don't get why you would do that when that means you're immediately gonna become a lot more suspicious the next day. Scum are generally the people who seemingly go with the crowd, which is also why I'm certain Sabrar is town; he's gueinenly thinking and not trying to go along with the crowd, and what he's saying makes a lot of sense, even if I know I'm town. You guys don't, and you shouldn't assume a power role is town because it's a power role.
How is xivii hopping on the bandwagon by going after Ranmaru?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Those are my thoughts Bessie. I say everything that my shadow thinks with a preface of "My shadow said/thought"
Xivii...Honestly isn't bandwagoning there, he's just more suspicious to me then Ran especially since Ran feels a lot like last game where he was town.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Your first and second points are fair.

Your town reading Triss now, but your early game really didn’t back that up before you switched to Ran.
I seriously think you must have me confused with someone else. My very first comment about Triss is in #207, where I said I thought his claim was more likely to be Town. In #237, I look through the discussion between him and Boom in detail and again say probably Town. In #242, after learning Triss has one game of mafia under his belt, I say he's newbie Town. In #291 I explain what I mean by newbie Town. I switched from you to Ran.

And I’m well aware it was based on Ran’s suggestions but as a scum read there was really no need to entertain their bottom 3 options when you had your own. Obviously it’s just a question at the end of the day but you could have touched upon your actually reads there more and state why you didn’t agree with a list. But I suppose that’s more of a meta point in regards to how one would play and respond to their biggest scum read
That's... kind of what I did here. Ran's question was in regards to whether I would reconsider on Xivii. My answer was essentially: I have reasonably solid townreads on Xivii and 3DS (which I sketched in very brief detail) and am not interested in pursuing either of them today. The only person who we agree on is Z25.

Bessie and I thought for sure that you knew after I was indirectly quoting him to you in B99 haha.
I vaguely remember you quoting Hari at some point in that game. I feel like maybe I thought it was kind of amusing that you had taken the time to read our old games, but didn't give it much more thought than that. bessie probably should have known better though as we have had communication issues in the past because she is very good at being subtle and I am terrible at picking up subtle hints about anything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Disgengaged - As you quoted, I had the same number of (and content in them) as Token Power. This is also the case for Sorcerers. Invalid
Yet that was a smaller game, so you were active in that sense. Here you weren't, and your play is different than Token, as I've quoted. Your only 'push' was on Pythag.

No conviction - You haven't seen me play yet. It's Day 1 in a large. You made this same statement about me in Crossover, the last large we played. Invalid.

Fake scumhunting. These questions were already asked and waiting:
The only time I have early conviction is when I just happen to catch scum from a discrepancy (for example, I caught Vicarin for using a period in his confirmation in the last game I played with him. And Z25 for his push on the haiku in sorcerers) or if I'm just trying to get things started. That is not the approach I am taking this game.
Then what approach are you taking? To quote you, you are playing like scum.

Tone is different - Explicitly provide examples of how my tone differs from my town games and is similar to my scum games. You wont be able to because I literally play with a different tone each game. Which you're aware of. Likely Invalid.
I'm talking about this quote:

Oh yeah I also agree with Laser that Ranmaru not informing Triss that he couldn't edit posts is weird...
This felt opportunistic and cheeky.

and this quote:

Fake scumhunting. These questions were already asked and waiting:
This felt flat.

Which I found townie, and yes I still somehow scumread you even though you had town tells there. Here, there isn't any of that.
Slinging mud after asked about his play - Describe the difference between slinging mud and finding someone scummy. Explicitly state the differences. Likely Invalid.
Also why did you go invisible?
Oh yeah I also agree with Laser that Ranmaru not informing Triss that he couldn't edit posts is weird...
Both were un-founded.

No explanation for why Pythag became better to him - #437 Invalid.
Only after I had to ask you for it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

Ironic, considering you're analyzing a joke vote. Did you really think I could read someone based off their profile pic?
Why are you addressing Ranmaru instead of challenging me directly, seeing as I'm the one that explicitly asked for everyone to help Mamboo out. If anyone was to be buddying it would be me.

Additionally, there's absolutely nothing wrong with all of us playing as IC's for Mamboo. We can still vote/push him as any other player and inform him not to trust people just because they are being nice (Mamboo don't trust someone simply because they are being nice! You can take our advice as genuine, but you should still look at each player critically. Also if someone says something that is obviously a devious attempt to try and manipulate you, the others will call them out).

@UtopianPoyzin why are you being so aggressive? See:

Also, why did you go invisible?
Which I found townie, and yes I still somehow scumread you even though you had town tells there. Here, there isn't any of that.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Yeap. Assuming there is only a single scum-team in the game and no indies, your individual scum-reads must make sense as a team as well, otherwise you're incorrect about at least one fo them.
No you missed my point, like every time before when we have had this um discussion. It's a valid method to hunt scum as individuals and not as a team. Some of our brains don't work the same way as yours, and aren't all that good at that type of read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is stubbornness town Laser? Why not scum Laser?
I've seen this from Town Laser in Crossover where he scumread me and tunneled me. In the previous game where he was scum, there was no stubborness or the comments he'd given to triss this game. "Congratulations, you've won a town read!" Reminds me of Town Laser. (Who I incorrectly scumread in Crossover) So meta is the reason why.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
bessie bessie What's your read on me? You seem to have given a stance on Zen but not myself. What's your take on each side?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
This is the post where Ninja edited, and you never see me warning him about it: Oasis Ninja Edit
I... don't see how it is relevant. 3DS posts, edits. 3 posts later BoomFrog notices and asks about it. 3DS says he edited it, BoomFrog is surprised because he is not used to edits being a thing. pythag confirms they are not. 3DS apologizes. This all happened in a span of about 5 minutes. You weren't involved in the exchange at all before it was resolved.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Those are my thoughts Bessie. I say everything that my shadow thinks with a preface of "My shadow said/thought"
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate that you are giving reads. I know that there was something that I wanted to comment on from those quotes after you answered my question but I've been at this for about four hours already and I'm getting tired out and can't remember so I'm going to sleep.

I vaguely remember you quoting Hari at some point in that game. I feel like maybe I thought it was kind of amusing that you had taken the time to read our old games, but didn't give it much more thought than that. bessie probably should have known better though as we have had communication issues in the past because she is very good at being subtle and I am terrible at picking up subtle hints about anything.
Aw LaserGuy I thought you knew, I'm... not sure how to process this information.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I... don't see how it is relevant. 3DS posts, edits. 3 posts later BoomFrog notices and asks about it. 3DS says he edited it, BoomFrog is surprised because he is not used to edits being a thing. pythag confirms they are not. 3DS apologizes. This all happened in a span of about 5 minutes. You weren't involved in the exchange at all before it was resolved.
Yet I wasn't immediately involved with Trisscar's edit either.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rather, I wasn't involved with either edit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's almost 4am. I'm going to sleep. Good night thread.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie bessie What's your read on me? You seem to have given a stance on Zen but not myself. What's your take on each side?
It took me all night just to read everything that's been posted in the last day. I skimmed a lot of your and Zen's posts and I didn't read anything linked. And all my thoughts are scattered like my posts and I haven't had time to collect and arrange them all. I think everything I've posted on Zen was independent of his interactions with you so I don't have a "take on each side". I haven't even processed it in my mind that way. So this will have to wait until tomorrow.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
The more I keep thinking about it I really don't like LaserGuy's conclusions. His logic sounds fine, but I disagree with his town read of Triss and his scum read of Ran, (and I think one other thing, probably about Ninja but I'd have to reread to see what it was but I'm going to bed now)
I'm confused at how you arrive at the conclusion that I'm scum because we differ on two reads.

I suspect he is having to twist good conclusions to avoid early bussing of scummates.
I hate to self meta here, but... I'm pretty sure I compulsively bus at least one buddy in every game when I'm mafia regardless of whether it's a good idea in practice or not.

Yet I wasn't immediately involved with Trisscar's edit either.
You noticed it (two of them, apparently) and mentioned it in your read. AFAIK, nobody else did before that point. So when you mentioned you had noticed, but didn't explicitly tell the player himself, as a courtesy, that doing so was problematic, I found it very weird.

Aw LaserGuy I thought you knew, I'm... not sure how to process this information.
Sorry. Boom didn't know either and he's much more clever than I am, so I don't feel too bad about it :grin:

And... now I need to go reread the scumchat of that game in light of this because I recall it being kind of a masterclass in scum play.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 1.8

I got off on a tangent... Where was I? Oh yeah, file names! So Sibelius allowed us to save the files and I had to come up for an idea for a title...
Trisscar (1) - Malakandra
BoomFrog (1) - Trisscar
Deadbananas (4) - Handorin, Jackrito, Pythag, 3DSNinja
Handorin (1) - Z25
LaserGuy (2) - Spak, BoomFrog
3DSNinja (2) - Sabrar, Deadbananas
Ranmaru (2) - LaserGuy, Xivii
Xivii (1) - Ranmaru

Not voting: Bessie, LogicoftheVI

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to lynch by majority.

Day 1 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, May 22nd, at 5 PM PST. (Roughly 12 hours from now.)

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Deadline in 10 hours.
bessie bessie LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI We need 9 votes to secure a lynch. You both need to find someone to vote for.

I don't think Ran is happening today and some of his recent posting has given me second thoughts anyway, so I'm going to vote my next best scumread.
Vote: Deadbananas

Handorin

Smash Hero
Who's the play today peeps? Clock's a tickin'. My vote is still on bananas.

tenor.gif

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I won't be voting dead because I don't think he flips scum. I want xiivi, but that isn't happening.

Unvote: Vote: Z25

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would like to see Bessie and Logic vote as neither of them have made any direct stances.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Boom, what is your bottom four right now?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
"bottom 4" isn't really how I think about this kinda thing. And I'm inclined to keep certain reads to myself because of what the options are for what they could be doing.
The problem is we need accountability. For me to get a read of you I need to see your thought process and know what your reads are. As a VT, and a player with some level of suspicion on them, you are in no danger of getting night killed, so I don't see what the danger of sharing your reads is.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Trisscar

I’ve voiced my suspicions of him in previous posts and I didn’t like his reaction in #760.

I am suspicious of 3DSNinja and think he is non-town. Deadbananas I was suspicious of him in #278 for his questioning of BoomFrog it struck me as not trying to sort him but of having an agenda.

Friday at 5:00 pm is a terrible time for a deadline for me. I will try to get in a post if I can and I will make an effort to be here the last half hour.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom, what is your bottom four right now?
LaserGuy, Handorin, Jackrito, Trisscar

I used to have deadbananas but I've taken then out because of a secret reason. I could also consider LogicOfTheVI but I think their lack of good content is from lack of time so I don't think we should go for them D1.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Why? Who are you to decide which wagons are viable?
Well first, I think you agree with me on all those wagons but the one you are on so I'll address ninja3ds specifically. Very few people have put Ninja in their bottom 4 and many people have said they are strongly against lynching them D1. Same goes for most of those wagons.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
We have 7 hours until deadline. In Oasis D2 at that time I was not even considered to be anywhere near a lynch-candidate. It is way too early to disregard wagons.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, it is time because we need time to discuss any changes. and consiladate.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No we don't. Don't pressure folks into voting early.
Yes, but instructing people on how to play based on false premise is a bit different.

Well, the fire drill on LG would have been great on Oasis if it had succeeded.
Why? Who are you to decide which wagons are viable?
:thinking emoji: :thinking emoji: :thinking emoji: :thinking emoji: :thinking emoji: :thinking emoji:

Don't be daft. We literally do need 9 votes for it to happen. I guess what you really mean is we don't have to lynch someone today. And he isn't deciding viable wagons, rather the ones most likely to succeed in the current vote count. Of course anything can happen.

So my question is

Who are you protecting?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wait, is that plurality lynching I read? Literally never seen that in a game, if it means we lynch the most voted automatically.

My B

But who are you protecting on that Voted list? Still seems like it

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Why don't you tell me? Since you seem to have figured out my ulterior motives so easily even though your premise is incorrect...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not sure why you are asking me this, when I explained in length what my current thoughts are after this vote.
at the time of me posting that I didn’t see any additional information relating to your reasoning.

Top Bottom