• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Can you explain how my reads list is forced to you with examples? Also, it's ridiculous to me that we are allowing players to have null reads on Day One.
I don't know what games and community you are used to but I play with people who have null reads on day 3 sometimes, so having some null on day one is fine imo. I gave some examples eariler on how fast you changed your mind on DB after a readlist which I felt was done to get pressure off themself. I would like to think you would be appeased that easy. What I mean by forced though is it felt like some people should be null but you stretched reasons to make them town espically on me. I don't believe you think I'm town for voting with you, they is no way you think that after last game. Having me as null or light scum would make sense.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I did say you were slight town and you are very low in my ordered list. It is a weak read, but that is natural. I also applied wisps meta of you, and don't think you would play the same as you did as mafia again here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Having you as null or null scum would be fake because I don't believe you are scum or close to it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25, that's true. He never said word about my posts being edited...
BUT... last game was SCUM Laser. Which means that his behavior last game would be suspcious if he acted more like that now.

But him saying he'd only vote for Z25 and then immediately ya know contradicting that entire statement which is immediately setting off a million red flags is a little odd.
That is a fair point but at the same time it may not occurred to them before that by pointing that out and “helping” a seemingly townie player(Or confirmed townie if laser is scum) would look better. After all he had mixed reactions day one last game. Trying new ways to look better is always plausible

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jackrito Jackrito What is your thoughts on my read of Xivii? Break it down for me. On my town flip, who is the scum team?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag Pythag I am curious why you haven't been posting lately. Why are you wishy washy on your stance on me?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I did say you were slight town and you are very low in my ordered list. It is a weak read, but that is natural. I also applied wisps meta of you, and don't think you would play the same as you did as mafia again here.
Which Wisp meta on me are you using? I assume its the leave me alone day one thing. I will be honest I have a pretty clear style that carries over to all aspects of my play and I tend to do things the same a lot so last part not true. You have a very limited sample size of me, so don't make assumptions.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag Pythag I am curious why you haven't been posting lately. Why are you wishy washy on your stance on me?
Ideally I'd like to see xivii post more.

I agree with Jack about you, I'd rather vote you than Xivii right now, but I also kinda don't like Jack, so that throws me for a loop.
I understand you don't get wishy-washyness, but not everyone can solve the game as quickly as you can

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jack, in particular, is probably a little more abrasive as wolf
probably likely to feel more involved, cause he sure does love to play as a wolf
I hate that he labeled me as a red, like so much
like I was super serious when I said he might be a wolf

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito What is your thoughts on my read of Xivii? Break it down for me. On my town flip, who is the scum team?
My view of your read on Xvii is what I would call a tunnel to a degree, I think you have high standards and are mad he is not meeting them. I don't have the meta on each of you like everyone else, but based off the reaction it seems to be more TVT then anything that is what duel tunnels like this are like I just had one myself in a game with another townie. The reason I scum read you more is because of my own reasons to see you as scum not Xvii. Xvii just comes off as very pure to me to a degree and his frusation feels like mad town then caught scum.

If you fliped town I would review him of course, but intrested to see where he goes next because normally if a town is wrong in their tunnel it will knock their confidence while a scum won't care and just carry on. I would say that I go for DB because he is very underpar and I dislike that readlist as said before. Also I agree with your points on Z25 so would look into that deeper as said before. I also want to get to the bottom of 3DS soon because I feel that I may get stuck in my own tunnel. Those are my independnt scum reads if I get a hit then I look for interactions and work from there. I don't think they are a team because normally they is 1 deep wolf but not always.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

I took a real confidence hit and wim hit for playing wolf after that Oasis game, so that meta is not true anymore tbh and as I proved last game Wisp does not know my scum meta at all since it is in flux and it was his 1 time facing it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag is the fourth scum. He replaces Triss.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ideally I'd like to see xivii post more.

I agree with Jack about you, I'd rather vote you than Xivii right now, but I also kinda don't like Jack, so that throws me for a loop.
I understand you don't get wishy-washyness, but not everyone can solve the game as quickly as you can
I'm intrested in this actually you agree with me on Ran, but eariler you said that he was town this game but then spend a whole post just destroying his reads which is a main reason I see him as scum and the style change. So explain this to me in detail.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
If laser is somehow scum this game which I doubt, I'm going to be mad how much more natrual he sounds this game, compared to Oasis where he did nothing but bus me and do wall posts which forced me to scum read him. Here it would be so much easier to town read him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is crossover Laser. He is over confident and wrong and stubborn.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think you are focusing too much on Xiivi's tone and not enough on his actions. He is also a good mafia player, and has a good range, and plays it differently. So I will implore you and the whole town to reconsider him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Alright, my shadow is most suspicious of dead rn and is strongly against a Ran exe d1

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag is the fourth scum. He replaces Triss.
LOL, ok, maybe you are town.

I'm intrested in this actually you agree with me on Ran, but eariler you said that he was town this game but then spend a whole post just destroying his reads which is a main reason I see him as scum and the style change. So explain this to me in detail.
Early game I had no idea, cause he was so distant. Normally ran is up here totally making his case.

Xivii gave me a 'scum tell' of 'I'm only going to vote for ran if he never posts a reads list.'
I was happy to go along with that.
Plus his reads list was pretty typical ran play.
I can find ran to be town and disagree with him.

I started getting lost in the conflict between xivii and Ran, to the point where I actually started seeing Xivii's point of view. Ran did seem to be dodgy, whereas xivii seemed to be consistent in my eyes. Perhaps this is ran trying a different play style, and me having difficutly seeing it, but I read and reread their interaction probably 3 times, and as much as I didn't want to admit it, Ran was looking worse. You worded almost exactly what I was thinking.

That makes me go kinda back to the drawing board.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I think Ran is town here after real time interactions and him doing more things I expect last couple of pages. Not sure if this means I'm wrong tbh on Xavii but not intrested in lynching Ran today when others are much worse and duel tunnels like this are TVT normally in my exp.

So I'm going with my gut scum read which is my strongest also.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Ran is town here after real time interactions and him doing more things I expect last couple of pages. Not sure if this means I'm wrong tbh on Xavii but not intrested in lynching Ran today when others are much worse and duel tunnels like this are TVT normally in my exp.

So I'm going with my gut scum read which is my strongest also.
I liked what Shadow the Hedgehog had to say too.

This pinged me early

Pythag- I like his clarifying questions and find myself agreeing with a lot of his stances and the ones I don't i think come from a town place. Will admit a bit of gut feeling boosts this slot up.
1. I'm never town read
2. I don't think I even made any stances, I don't know what he would agree with at this point in the game.
3. Ok it's gut, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't like putting the heat on players new to our forum, but I feel good about this. At least I feel WAY better about this than trying to figure out Ran v. Xivii more.

Vote : deadbananas

Jackrito

Smash Ace
LOL, ok, maybe you are town.

Early game I had no idea, cause he was so distant. Normally ran is up here totally making his case.

Xivii gave me a 'scum tell' of 'I'm only going to vote for ran if he never posts a reads list.'
I was happy to go along with that.
Plus his reads list was pretty typical ran play.
I can find ran to be town and disagree with him.

I started getting lost in the conflict between xivii and Ran, to the point where I actually started seeing Xivii's point of view. Ran did seem to be dodgy, whereas xivii seemed to be consistent in my eyes. Perhaps this is ran trying a different play style, and me having difficutly seeing it, but I read and reread their interaction probably 3 times, and as much as I didn't want to admit it, Ran was looking worse. You worded almost exactly what I was thinking.

That makes me go kinda back to the drawing board.
I think that interaction fight did none of them favors tbh and just showed how much of a tunnel it was. first viewing I agree with you that I thought Xavii came off better but that could just be a personality clash. I don't have enough meta on Ran to try and meta game him on day and don't feel comfortable using others which can be twisted to suit agenda. So giving him room to breath for today and see where he goes.

I found the Xvii scum tell on Ran dumb by the way you never say it, because the person will do one for sure. I'm not used to Ran's readlists or remember them from Oasis so not sure if I'm being overly harsh on them as being forced.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I think Town!Ran would reevaluate here. The fact that he is ignoring that his initial points were incorrect I think signifies that he isn't trying to actually solve me. I was looking through a game on MU today where I also played close to the chest and he also was refining his playstyle. He had paranoia of me there, but kept going back and forth on his vote and reevaluating. And even though he kept pestering me for damn read lists, he did actually work to give me breathing room. The way he's gone about me here feels like he is trying to simulate his typical interaction with me but not quite getting it right.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I liked what Shadow the Hedgehog had to say too.

This pinged me early

1. I'm never town read
2. I don't think I even made any stances, I don't know what he would agree with at this point in the game.
3. Ok it's gut, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't like putting the heat on players new to our forum, but I feel good about this. At least I feel WAY better about this than trying to figure out Ran v. Xivii more.

Vote : deadbananas

You don't make early stances mainly questions it why I tried to push you in Oasis, but backed off pretty fast.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Both of you can do you. I'm not getting involved in your fight today anymore, you are both good enough players I don't risk the lynch on one of you today and chance being wrong and giving scum a big adv early. If other people want this fair enough, but I'm not being stuck at eog with people I don't believe in because I paranoia lynched the ones I do on day one.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I realize this means I'm voting with one of my scum reads, but if this is Wisp I know his scum meta a decent bit now especially, so lynching who he wants to is a decent idea espically if I agree also.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jack, what is your stance on Pythag after seeing his answer to your question?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jack, what is your stance on Pythag after seeing his answer to your question?
It does not affect my read of him which is still town. I follow his thought pattern and it makes sense to me. He feels similar to last game also which helps that read.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm also suspicious of dead, (no, not just because of my shadow) and hell my shadow brought it.up so
vote: deadbannanas

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I couldn't make my case on Xiivi early game because he wasn't doing anything.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I couldn't make my case on Xiivi early game because he wasn't doing anything.
Do you really not understand the absurdity of this statement. Why were you looking to make a case on me? Additionally, earlier you said you intended to let me be D1. If that were so -- again -- why were you planning a case on me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I had a gut scum read on you from the beginning, but I can't case you when you aren't doing anything until recently. It is why I have been asking you questions. I also said I let you do your thing this day one, I gave you your space. You did nothing with that space, so you deserve death.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Man it'd be crazy if this entire speal was a maf play to keep two of them out of suspicion for a few days..... XD

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Giving me space means not expecting me to play to your expectations. You were planning this approach since RVS and you haven’t re-evaluated giving contradiction to your argument.

Top Bottom