• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SummerSmash 09 (QLD, Australia) [Melee & Brawl]

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
SummerSmash 09 (QLD, Australia)

For now I wanna say two things. I would have liked to have seen a better performance from myself in Brawl singles. I know I can place higher than that. I call Amaterasu johns for having him as my first match in double elim. An MK then two Snakes >.> *Siiiigh*

Secondly, I was very suprised with the new and old faces that have come through this past weekend. It was good to see Syke and Kas turn up for Melee (LOL) and Sloth as well. More than that, despite the relatively low attendance compared to Queensland Brawl Buddies, it was good to see the return of familliar faces from that tournament, as well as the introduction of more new players for both Melee and Brawl.

Also, working with LanSmash is definitely a step in the right direction. I'll be posting my thoughts on that later, but, all I can see is good things from now on.

Link to discussion thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215622

Brawl Doubles:

1: Flaming Sausage (Amaterasu and Jei) [MK & Pit]
2: Tacos of Poor Imagination (Luke and Shaya) [Snake & Marth]
3: Meteor Arrow (Meteor Master and Arrow) [Ness (?) & Snake]
4: Rocko (Hotdog and Rocko) [Kirby/MK & ????]
5: One Banana, Two Banana (Vyse and Gords) [Diddy/Marth & Diddy]
5: Armageddon (DJkaion and Jesmo) [Olimar/ROB/Samus/MK/Shiek/Zelda/Diddy/Lucas & Wolf]
7: Ghost of the Rune (Ghost and Azure) [Sonic & Wolf]
7: Prince of Parties (KK and Scrubs) [Marth/DK & Kirby/Wario]
9: Team Angel (Yokai and Helender) [Ganondorf/???? & Zelda]
9: You fat, obese, motherf**ing b**ch, fat piece of sh** (DJ Cat and Dino) [Yoshi/ROB & Yoshi/Luigi]
9: 3rd Strike (Sieg and Booker) [ZSS & IC's]

Brawl Singles:

1: Amaterasu [Metaknight]
2: Shaya [Marth/Falco]
3: Accelerate [ROB]
4: Jezmo [Wolf/Metaknight]
5: Hotdogs [Kirby]
5: Jei [Pit]
7: Moose [Ike/Marth]
7: Meteor Master [Ness]
9: Rocko [????]
9: Kaion [Olimar/ROB/Samus/MK/Shiek/Zelda/Diddy/Lucas]
9: Atyeo [Snake]
9: Scrubs [Wario/Kirby]
13: Yokai [Zelda/Ganondorf]
13: Gords [Diddy/Toon Link]
13: Vyse [Diddy]
(epic fail >.>)
13: Luke [????]
17: DJ Cat [Yoshi]
17: Helender [Zelda]
17: Ghost [Yoshi]
17: King Kong [Marth/DK]
17: Azure Rune [Wolf]
17: Arrow [Snake]
17: Tolam [????]
17: PorkLord [????]
25: l3o0keR [Ice Climbers]
25: Sieg [ZSS]
25: Dino [Yoshi]

Melee Doubles:

1: Love Love Sakura Kisses PINK (Syke and Sloth) [Marth & Fox]
2: Prince of Parties (KK and Scrubs) [Sheik/Fox & Jiggs/Peach]
3: Super Amazing Mega Awesome (Moose and Sieg) [Peach & Samus]
4: The Adventure of the Salesmen (Meteor Master and Shaya) [Ness & Marth]
5: Story of the Shady Yoshi (Jei and Vyse) [Yoshi & Marth/Sheik/Yoshi for one match]
5: Jumbo Hunks (Kyle and Nathan) [????]
7: Ramrod (Dan and Ben)
7: Champions of Sexiness (Azure Rune and Arrow)
9: Femme Fatale (Gords and Dedu)
9: Big Bad John and his poisonous Dimsum (Dj Cat and Dino)
9: Tell Tintin I just fooked his doog (Billy and Friends)

Melee Singles:

1: Kas (FUUUUUUAAAAAAXXXXX/Marth)
2: Syke (Fox/Marth)
3: Accelerate (Falco)
4: Sloth (Ice Climbers/Falco)
5: Scrubs (Peach)
5: King Kong (Sheik/Fox)
7: Gords (Sheik)
7: Vyse (Falco)
9: Meteor Master (Ness/Mewtwo)
9: Shaya (Marth)
9: Jei (Yoshi)
9: Sieg (Samus)
13: Azure Rune (Sheik)
13: Ben (????)
13: Dino (Yoshi)
13: Nathan (Marth?)
17: l3o0keR (Ice Climbers)
17: Dan (????)
17: Dedu (Marth/Fox)
17: Kyle (????)
17: DJ Cat (Yoshi/Falcon)
17: Arrow (Marth)
17: Moose (Peach)

There's more to be said, but I'm tired and want to sleep.

I will just say the following:

"Shuot up ya fookin cuont"
"Step into the world of Myst!"
"One chicken leg for three silver coin"
"Perhaps the jingle of cooooin will change your mind"
"Talkin on the phone, Talkin on the phone, who he's talkin to, nobody knows"
"FUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAXXXXX"
"OhMehGodI'mKasIShineAllderTime"

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So Shaya, we still going to White Water World today?

: 0

DJ just told me to call Gords. So I better do just that :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
man hope ya had an awesome time there!

TAFE was a waste of a day. I knew i shoulda come back on tuesday instead of lameday</3

Azure Rune

Smash Journeyman
Lansmash gets better evertyime. Keep it up mister tourny director.

Melee was more fun then brawl this time round. Woulda luv'd some more Shiek practice but got cut short in the tourny -_-

People, prepare your rides better next time. I don't mind traversing Brisbane at 11 at night but i won't always be around a'ight?

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Lansmash gets better evertyime. Keep it up mister tourny director.

Melee was more fun then brawl this time round. Woulda luv'd some more Shiek practice but got cut short in the tourny -_-

People, prepare your rides better next time. I don't mind traversing Brisbane at 11 at night but i won't always be around a'ight?
sorry doug =(

Azure Rune

Smash Journeyman
Not what i meant billy. You were with me from the start ergo 'I' wanted to make sure you got to where you needed to go safely. That's part of who i am and how i take care of things.

I read the paper (every now and then) so i know wandering brisbane late at night on foot is not a good idea. Just a matter of playing it safe kay?

Soz if i sounded upset or something, i'm just concerned for you people. Most of the time :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Moose, how the **** did you catch up to me in Brawl singles? >.>

Shaya: I used Ness a couple of times in melee singles, he's pretty manly whenever he's not recovering. :)

Sirias

Smash Champion
MMMEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand why Sydney people came to LanSmash thingie.

Mm...

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's disappointing to me that the only Yoshi from Australia I see on that list got last. o_o

Gords

Smash Champion
please read the results before posting. There was at least 3 yoshi players at the event. heck Jei even placed well in melee using Yoshi

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts :)

Vyse: Thanks for making it a great tourney, hope we get 2 have more friendlies next time.

Shaya: Congrats on 2nd, i learned a lot from your Marth

Kaion: Congrats on 9th dude hope we can have even more friendlies next time. Armageddon will rise again lol :)

Chris: You owned me with your Metaknight, i've got a lot to learn from you. Congrats on 1st. Can't believe u got 7 KO's in the crew battle!!

Jei: Your Pit is awesome, congrats on 5th. I'll have 2 train my Pit up to play against u in some friendlies next time.

Ghost: It's cool 2 see a Yoshi player, Thanks for teaching me how to fill MR G&W's bucket with Yoshi. btw; awesome Yoshi chain

Atyeo: Your snake rocks man! Thanks for helping me with the crew battle, i was really nervous :)

Accelerate: kudos on the R.O.B dude, hope we can have some friendlies next time.

Porklord: Hope u can make it to the next tourney so we can have some friendlies. Looking forward to playing your D3 again

HotDogs: Great games man, your Kirby had me really worried :/

l3o0keR: That Ice Climber lock u did on that R.O.B was awesome! Great games dude.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Here goes my epic shoutouts:

Accelerate:
Technically, you are now the best overall player in Queensland, considering your representation in both games. Though, even without this tournament I could’ve told you that (or you tell me that, as that’s usually the case :p )

Even though you groan every time I say the next venue is far away, you never fail to make it, because I know your drive to win is what makes you, well, drive all the way to wherever the next meet is. People should stop to listen what you have to say, even if they don’t want to hear it. When it comes to Melee, your advice has helped me more than any other.

Amaterasu:
ZOMG Congrats on 1st place in Brawl >.<
As if be my first opponent in the double elimination!
You’re still far too good. My Diddy did alright on Final Destination, but I need to learn how to exercise better control on smaller stages. Thanks for supplying equipment and driving the skill level of QLD smash ever forward.

Arrow:
I’m sorry I beat you T_T. lol, thanks for your help in driving people around the place over the course of the weekend. We need to train your Snake more! Your Snake’s got the moves, you just need to practice more >.<

Atyeo:
Thanks for coming up man! It was good to see you again. We shoulda talked more, oh wellz. Your Snake is waaaay too good. I just couldn’t outcamp you like I do to other Snakes. Maybe I’ll have to road test my Falco next time : )

Azure Rune:
A real champ right here. Doug, thank you so very much for always driving us around. I musn’t show it enough, but I really really appreciate everything you do for both myself, and the other Wardians. Without individuals such as yourself, I fear that the smash community would buckle under its own weight. Your wolf is solid as ever too. And I heard you made Dedu rage! Lol.

Dedu:
STUUUUUWIIIIIIEEEE. I’m so glad you came up. Hanging out with you is always a blast. Next time we’ll go out drinking together for sure. Go out to Surfers Paradise up here and party all night.

Dino:
Dino, I’m sorry you got so sick =_= I hope you get over your tonsillitis soon, that’s nasty. Dino, you and bob are so good to put up with my impossible demands of player hosting and what not. I’m really grateful to the both of you.

We’ll have to play again soon. We need to train your Luigi into a beast!

DJ Cat (God/Captain Falcon):
Bo----------------------b! You are my hero, seriously. What a champ, right here. Without you, the smash scene wouldn’t be half as enjoyable and organized and on time in general. Seriously, tell me your birthday. I mean it, we’ll have the biggest, baddest birthday party for you evar! You deserve the most praise from everyone. Thank you for being such a valuable member of the community, and an even better friend <3

Ghost:
Ghost what was up with the ski mask man? You looked like Hannibal Lector. Ah, I’m glad you were able to make it, it was good seeing you again. That Yoshi around your neck is something I don’t get tired of seeing. Great Sonic/Yoshi combo you had going. Hopefully you’ll be able to make it to a few meets between now and the next aye?

Gords:
Gords it was awesome teaming with you again for Brawl. We’ll make our team combination work someday. Also, all hail to our epic match in the crew battle. You really had me against the wall a few times. We must practice together more to make your Diddy unstoppable!

Helender:
You probably won’t read this (lol) unless James directs you here. It was great to see you come in and participate on Brawl day. For your first tournament ever, I think you did pretty well : )

Hotdogs:
Hot fu**in dogs. How the heck are you still so good? Rofl. Some say his luck is incredible when it comes to bracket runs. I say your Kirby is BEAST. Lol. Hope to see you at the next tournament in a month or so : )

Jei:
Jei it is always great to see you. You’re really a nice guy you know that? : )
I had fun teaming with you for Melee, even as a last minute thing. Lol.

I’m glad there is people like yourself supporting the Brawl community the way you do. I really believe that with the effort of individuals such as yourself, I can see the tournament community flourishing for years to come.

Jesmo & Family:
Jesmo! Jeez you’ve come a long way. Literally and metaphorically. Not only did you drive like, 5 hours to be here, you took 4th place. 4th! That’s better than I’ve ever done at a tournament this size. You should be extremely proud of yourself. You’ve done extremely well. All that practice online seems to be really paying off for you.

More and more online players seem to be doing well in America. Perhaps one day I should look at competing online as well.

Also a big shoutout to your family. I think it’s amazing that you all came up to support him. I wish my family would come to a tournament just once and watch me compete.

Kaion:
Kaion. Before I forget. Wait, crap. I forgot. I still have your $15 T_T. Oh well, consider your next tournament entrance fee free. Since I’ll be the one taking the money, you can remind me then. Lol. Either way, good stuff making it out for this tournament! It was good to see you again. I heard your Olimar was running amok in the bracket!

King Kong:
KK it’s always a joy to see your face at our tournaments. I feel that way about all the core scene players, since we’ve known each other for a long time. I’m really glad you decided to jump back into things. Good tip doing the ‘swap partners’ trick for doubles. You and Ben make an awesome doubles team as well. Keep it up!

l3o0ker:
BILLY. Hanging out with you is too good. Maccas at 11pm is too funny. We coulda had a harem each! Rofl. Sunnybank is lol. You and Michael are my street fighter heroes. Lol. I’ll only be able to keep up for a little while til eventually you’ll get waaay better. We need to train your Melee IC’s. They’ve got definite potential to be beastly, you just need to learn ze wavedash. Also we need a higher tiered Brawl character for you. But I don’t know. You still seem like you’re trying different characters.

Meteor Master:
Dude, it was good playin with you. I wanna see a low tier match between you and Shaz. It would be too epic. Lol. It was good fun hanging with you at wet n wild. Uwahhh, your tier defying characters are unbelievable =_=

Moose:
Moosey! Good job in Brawl. You placed way higher than me! Lol. You gotta stop selling yourself short man. I think nothing but the best of you and your ability as a player. I think you could’ve placed much higher in Melee, but you just had a bad draw : (

Rocko:
Didn’t talk to you much, if at all. But you and Hotdogs make a dynamite team. I hope you’ll stick around the scene in the future!

Scrubs:
Ben, you’re a lot of fun to hang out with and talk to. Also you’re too tall! :mad:
But seriously. Your Melee Peach is awesome to watch. I used to play Peach, but I’ve just become so rusty I don’t know what to do with her anymore, whereas you seem to be getting better and better. Your Melee and Brawl games are just about equal in strength, keep it up!

Shaya:
Shaya, looooool. It was great seeing you again. You’re really a nice guy to be around, though a lot of people have trouble putting up with you sometimes, lol. People seem to forget how much of an asset you are to Sydney, but don’t let it discourage you. All of our matches were weird, I beat you every time with Diddy, but in Melee you 2-0’d me in pools. Wtf is with that!

It was good to be around someone who follows the Brawl scene in America and Brawl in general as much as I do. To be able to sit there and talk about the latest happenings with COT4, or talking about character match ups. I used to have Paff here to talk like that with, but now he’s gone too. I have Billy to talk to sometimes, since he somewhat follows IC’s players and I talk to Ryan occasionally about the Melee scene over MSN, but yeah, it was good to have somebody to talk to who’s on my level.

Sieg:
Michael, your Falcon in Melee really took me by surprise. I was expecting it to be really rusty, but I heard from Ryan you even gave Syke a scare or two. Good job 2-0ing me in pools, lol. I’m glad you keep coming along to smash meets and such, even if you don’t feel like you have a competitive drive anymore. Though, I’ve got a few ideas in mind to remedy those doubts about competitiveness in the scene.

Sirias:
Kas you’re too fookin good as smash. Wtf is this crap. You and Syke both, neither of you cease to amaze me with how talented you both are. Make sure you get your *** to more smash meets and tournaments. You’ve got the Melee crown (or tiara) to defend. Also, hi to your ‘friend’. Lol. He seemed like a pretty nice guy.

Sloth:
Lol, sorry about not recognising you. I’ve never really had a chance to talk to you much at all. But I’m glad to have been able to meet you. Reaaal solid job placing as highly as you did. Awesome stuff.

Syke:
Zomg Zac stop chain throwing me. There’s only so much grabbing me you can do before it becomes homo. Unless that’s your plan o.O I was surprised that you managed to haul your *** there. In fact, I was really impressed with the attendance of smashers. Given that indication, I will definitely continue to hold Melee tournaments in the future.

Vyse:
Stop failing in Pools, and stop failing in Brackets. L2rig brackets to get an easy path to victory >.<

Yokai:
Always good to see you James. We placed the same! Your Zelda is very solid. It’s like a tank. Hold position and fire away! Always a good friend to be around, mate. Congratulations on winning the Smogon Pokemon Wifi world championship btw! This guy here if people didn’t know is the current pokemon world champion. That is INSANE. He did it with UU pokes. Amazing!

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know why Christ didn't play melee? I would have liked to see if he did any good =(

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Umm, I didn't play melee because my friend wanted to have an anatomy study session
-But I'll try my hardest to come to next ones, and to keep up my young link and fox (as soon as I find my mem card)
-Also vincent, all the best with vce =D

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Ah k, that's fine. Just wanted to know what happened xD

Sounded like a pretty awesome tournament.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll need it =/

Good luck with uni Chris!

~Vince.

-Lithium-

Smash Rookie
Lol i did find my way here, with help from James of course..

Thanks for the encouragement, I felt I played pretty miserably to be honest, but hopefully I'll get a bit better. You guys seem in dire need of some female competition. As long as you keep holding your tournies somewhere accessible by bus or train, me n James will keep coming.

Oh, and to Azure Rune - thanks for the lift at lunchtime. You and Ghost were so nice to me and made me feel welcome on my first day of competitive gaming :) Although, now I sorta see what James means when he says Yoshi and Wolf are tough to battle against XD

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Shout out's aaaaay.

Amaterasu:
Gah, I hate your Meta-knight haha, he's too good... Infact, I hate all Meta-knights in general =P
It was good playing with you man, looks like I'll have to learn how to beat Meta-knight one day.

Jezmo:
I hate your Meta-knight also haha, I can't seem to beat them =( I'll have to learn to beat your MK first before I move onto Amaterasu's one lol

Jei:
Those friendly matches were fun, you have one crazy *** Pit and Yoshi, lucky I didn't have to vs you in the brackets or I would've gotten smashed =P

Meteor Master:
And lucky I didn't have to vs you in the brackets either, I've never seen a Ness player as crazy as yours haha.

Vyse:
Vyseeeeeeeee, I was disappointed you didn't make it as far as you should have, you have one hell of a Diddy ay. Hope we vs in next month's tourney =)

To everyone I forgot/vs'd:
I had heaps of fun, good to vs lot's of people with so much different varieties of play, hope to see you all at the next tourney! =)

Aight, I have alot of practicing to do for the next tourney! So much new characters I have to learn to beat @_@ Gotta try and get better... must... beat... MK! >_<

Top Bottom