• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer Smashcon "A TWO DAY EVENT! $400 in Pot Bonuses! Online... - June 22nd, 2013 - Slidell, LA

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I've joined a few Fighting Game Community groups on Facebook in the past month and I've advertised to the guys in there so I know a number of them know about it, specifically which area they are from, I don't know. There's a group for FGC in the region and one for LA only. Either way, I'm confident we will have a nice sized turnout for fighters.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
According to our TOs who are heavy into the community. Everyone from LA is coming and some MS sides that I do not know.I'd expect a pretty good turnout.

-Erick

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
I can offer my place in Slidell if you need some place to crash.

-Erick

D

Deleted member

Ill bet you good money that both of those numbers are wrong.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's hard to say really. Our community is pretty small as it is, or at least from my point of view based on who shows up to my monthly events. Last event we had 15+ show I think? So as a conservative/ underestimating guess: 20+ people for Brawl. At least 20 because I know that is how many Brawl players I know LA can supply between the competitive and casual players, noob and verteran. The rest will be whoever from out of state bothered to pay attention to us and take us seriously enough to make it out to this. As long as we provide a good service this convention and show those who attend/watch the event, that we mean business, our rep will go up and we will see growing numbers of entrants for future conventions. It's all about the rep building right now. :D

It also helps if everyone in the community shows long term hype for these events, not just the TO's. After all, why should OOS players come to an event the locals aren't even hyped about?

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Ill bet you good money that both of those numbers are wrong.
You're right. I could come in 4th out of 28, buttt I'd have to try a little harder :) but foreal, 40 for melee is a lot. Id say 30 at most. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though. Also, $1 MM any OOS players?! Yea im cheap

Tesh

Smash Hero
TX might come to this, but like only like 3-5 people. Not sure if we are confirmed or not but its possible Vinnie and Denti will come to this.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I want that salty with Mura.. Hate sheik. Robo, you coming?! Griff??

Lets fuggin go son!

Also, there's like 70 people who have RSVP'd do go to this thing in the facebook group. Do we have any idea what tournies they're entering/ if they're entering tournies at all?

D

Deleted member

realistically i only expect 20-30 for melee. jake i predict you will get 7-9

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Hey Austin-RC, Tirno was in your group that came to LasT right? Is he coming? Cuz he and I need to MM to settle the score.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Remember last time we expected only 20 for melee and it ended up being one of our biggest turnouts. 64 is looking quite big already with OOS pull for once.
Did Rice and his guys seem interested in coming Taylor?

-Erick

Vinnie

Smash Master
TX might come to this, but like only like 3-5 people. Not sure if we are confirmed or not but its possible Vinnie and Denti will come to this.
I would go if it were possible for me to go. I can't take public transportation there because it's impossible apparently. And nobody can drive me. :I

If you are in Houston and are able to drive me let me know!!!

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Hey Austin-RC, Tirno was in your group that came to LasT right? Is he coming? Cuz he and I need to MM to settle the score.

He was but he wont be coming this time. Also he's gotten a lot better. He's as good as I am if not maybe a bit better. Just fyi. >.>

D

Deleted member

im not really doing it, but tell him im talking **** about 2-0ing him in houston.

Oracle

Smash Master
probably a good 2-3 hour detour, doubt denti wants to deal with that (nor anyone else in the car)

Kraezy

Smash Rookie
How much of the Brawl tournament will be on day 2? Are you just doing pools day 1?

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Who will be the TO for Melee? I hope it's someone who knows what they're doing and I hope Taylor doesn't have to run it again. Unless he wants to?

D

Deleted member

Mindgames. I am the TO. mandie will run the bracket after it gets going.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
How much of the Brawl tournament will be on day 2? Are you just doing pools day 1?
Once you've already paid on Saturday, there's no repaying the entry fee on Sunday. Since so many people have told me they want top 8 for Sunday, I'm most likely going to run pools so I can have an 8 man bracket for Sunday. It really all depends on how many people enter the event, which will affect how much time I have to run the event, etc. Regardless, top 8 will be played Sunday no matter what I do Saturday.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
On our schedule, it does say Finals will start at 1pm on Sunday. I just realized it should have been more specific. Sorry about that miscommunication.

Edit: Regardless of who comes, I'm running pools Saturday. Eight man bracket will be Sunday.

Edit 2: I'm going to bed. I have an early morning to wake up to.

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'll finish brawl the second day. Saturday we should finish up fine. :-\

Top Bottom