• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Summer of Smash: Week #4 - CEO, Karisuma 8, Xanadu

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
fatality eliminates FOW and VoiD eliminates fatality

my heart

life isn't fair

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace

How angry is Zero right now

Dude is 2-0'ing anything with a pulse

Last edited:

sedrf

Smash Journeyman
Not like they were hard opponents for zero.
also larry worked scatt over the first time

Fenny

Smash Ace
Not like they were hard opponents for zero.
also larry worked scatt over the first time
CEO has proved that it isn't as clean cut as 'hard opponents' and 'easy opponents'. Everyone expected Zero to clean house with Prince Ramen and the next thing you know he's sent to losers in pools.

The speed of which Zero dealt with those three is pretty crazy no matter how you look at it.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
Except Megaman isn't but he isn't really bad or mediorce

he's just in that area of good mid tier characters that can do really well like Ike,Peach,Rob but have setbacks that prevent them from being really consistent. I always considered him that.

I understand its annoying to see mains overrate their character alot but I think you shouldn't jump the gun so fast like that. Also tbh I don't its just his mains I think alot people (in this thread at least) "overrated" Megaman at alot of points here who don't really use the character.

Djent

Smash Champion
The last matchup involving a character proves how good said character is. End of discussion.

...wait, what? Using results to determine character placements actually requires long-term memory?

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
hyuga 2-1 nairo

hold up let me the appropriate theme for CEO

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm just tired of the mega man mains that keep saying he's some top 15 character
By my estimation the following characters are definitely better than Mega Man, on account of having better, more consistent, and or more overwhelming options:

:4cloud::4diddy::4fox::4mario::rosalina::4ryu::4sheik::4sonic::4zss:

The following characters are probably better than Mega Man for similar reasons:

:4bayonetta::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4ness::4pikachu::4villager:

That would be top 16 at best for Mega Man in my mind. He's probably in the upper end of the nebulous mid-tiers that generally perform well but are overall inconsistent:

:4falcon::4corrin::4greninja::4myfriends::4lucario::4marth::4megaman::4tlink::4yoshi::4wario2: etc.

Question, who did False use against Ramen?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Except Megaman isn't but he isn't really bad or mediorce

he's just in that area of good mid tier characters that can do really well like Ike,Peach,Rob but have setbacks that prevent them from being really consistent. I always considered him that.

I understand its annoying to see mains overrate their character alot but I think you shouldn't jump the gun so fast like that. Also tbh I don't its just his mains I think alot people (in this thread at least) "overrated" Megaman at alot of points here who don't really use the character.
The last matchup involving a character proves how good said character is. End of discussion.

...wait, what? Using results to determine character placements actually requires long-term memory?
I'll admit my post was rather rash.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I think the bigger issue here is the lack of 3/5 in Top 32. If Dath wins this, we get ZeRo vs Mr. R early.

Last edited:

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
Dath making Mr R sweat. If it hadn't been for that SD he might've had a better shot, but it was still damn close. Looks like Dath is one of those players who levels up throughout the set.

Djent

Smash Champion
My snarky post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I just don't want this thread to go from using patterns of results (good) to using last weekend's upsets only (bad).

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
More Wario players should play like Sonic for Waft.
I dunno why they don't just circle camp or run away and build rage.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Now I wanna mention something. I feel like the Rosa v Cloud MU is like 60-40 for cloud at low to high levels. However once we enter the top level of play, then I feel like it gears towards being 55-45, and potentially, but not likely, even. Tweet lost to Dabuz at Apex and to falln here. It might have been slight matchup inexperience, however I will look more into that.

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
Now I wanna mention something. I feel like the Rosa v Cloud MU is like 60-40 for cloud at low to high levels. However once we enter the top level of play, then I feel like it gears towards being 55-45, and potentially, but not likely, even. Tweet lost to Dabuz at Apex and to falln here. It might have been slight matchup inexperience, however I will look more into that.
You're forgetting how much better Dabuz is compared to all of those players.
Yet he's still at risk of losing to any decent Cloud.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
You're forgetting how much better Dabuz is compared to all of those players.
Yet he's still at risk of losing to any decent Cloud.
What about falln? I'm just going to mention PG rankings here, but he is also worse than Tweek. Was that match streamed cause they would be interesting to watch

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
A full day dedicated to top 64, and no 3/5 top 32? That makes little sense.

Ninety

Smash Journeyman
ZeRo vs Dath wasn't on stream? Damn. Still, good stuff to Dath. Played well, placed well -- 17, I believe? Among the highest placings for midtiers in this tournament.

Last edited:
Top Bottom