• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer of Smash, Week 4: CEO 2017, Sumabato 18

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about "The Duck Hunt Question" lol

Raito keeps getting phenomenal wins with a supposed "low tier"?:dizzy:
Duck hunt is in the upper portion of the lower mid tier so I guess he's not too underrated. I could see him lingering around bottom of the upper tier by the next list.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
And now Raito is up 2-0 on Dabuz..

EDIT and Dabuz reverse 3-0 for the win.. but still an amazing perfrormance from Raito taking it to last stock.

Last edited:

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Raito shouldve played more aggressively. The match up isnt that bad if you learn to pick and choose when to go in. Every time they play, Raito plays so well game 1 and 2 and then plays scared/defensively come game 3. You can see this in his set with Elegant too when he just sat back and shot things in a corner as Elegant powershielded his way in.

Might be something to work on in the future if he has an exhaustion problem or nerves or whatever

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Ok..someone please remind me again why so many people think ZSS is just so overrated and not in top tier?

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
...or we don't determine mus based on single sets?
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Leo so far the only :4marth: that has been able to beat Larry? I don't know if Mr.E has fought Larry in the past but for example in New England, Pugwest almost never defeats Light.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Ok..someone please remind me again why so many people think ZSS is just so overrated and not in top tier?
Ppl really wanna believe ZSS is honest.

Lol ok
Not going to go into details here but honest is definitely not something I'd use to describe ZSS. Ever.

She does have a few notable weaknesses (few moves that safely hit a target in a low crouch, light weight, general susceptibility to short characters with strong short hop games), but her mobility, conversion combos, and a handful of really ridiculous buttons will always keep her relevant (and impossible to count out of a set until she's lost).

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Ppl really wanna believe ZSS is honest.

Lol ok
I'm not watching the tournaments this weekend. What set (s) are you guys referring to? (trying to switch mains to ZSS and wanna research)

Edit: I'll review the Ryu sets and give my thoughts in the Competitive Impressions thread at a later time

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I'm not watching the tournaments this weekend. What set (s) are you guys referring to? (trying to switch mains to ZSS and wanna research)
Marss and Nairo are both in top 8. Nauei actually hasn't dropped a gane yet and 3-0d both captain Zack and Salem.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Top 8

Winners:

KEN :4sonic: vs ZeRo :4diddy:
Larry Lurr :4fox: vs Nairo :4zss:

Losers:
CaptainZack :4bayonetta: vs Marss :4zss:
Salem :4bayonetta: vs MKLeo :4cloud::4marth:

Great tournament showings for ZSS, Bayo and Sonic.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Did you see during game 3 of Salem vs MVD where Salem Witch timed Diddy's barrel pack and it somehow negated the explosion? Weird little quirk

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Top 8

Winners:

Losers:

But a pretty poor one for Sheik, Ryu and Mario (Partially due to Ally DQ'ing himself)

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
But a pretty poor one for Sheik, Ryu and Mario (Partially due to Ally DQ'ing himself)
but also partially due to ANTi losing early on and then being eliminated.

Also not the best of days for cloud since Tweek and Komo got iirc 33rd or lower. But Leo's in top 8, so it's not as bad as it could be.

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 Mr. E fought Larry at Civil War and got 3-0'd. So yeah, Leo is the only Marth that has been able to beat Larry.

Afterwards, Mr. E Tweeted out that he wants to pick up Cloud for Fox.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Ark of Silence101 Ark of Silence101 Mr. E fought Larry at Civil War and got 3-0'd. So yeah, Leo is the only Marth that has been able to beat Larry.

Afterwards, Mr. E Tweeted out that he wants to pick up Cloud for Fox.
He actually tried to use him for ZD there at CEO. I still find it impressive that you reverse 3-0d Texas's top :4fox: with a character that is still considered low tier, despite his recent results showing otherwise.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
Top 8

Winners:

Losers:

The thought of zack getting a top 8 entrance is too much for me to handle

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
Masashi :4cloud:2-0 Kuro :4pit:
Compact :4mewtwo:2-1 Fuwa :4marth:
Tamiflu :4rob: 2-0 Ri-Ma :4tlink:
Edge :4diddy:2-1 Songn :4gaw:

Small update:
Kuro :4pit:2-1 Fuwa :4marth:
Masashi :4cloud:2-0 9B :4bayonetta:
Compact :4mewtwo:2-0 Earth :4pit:/:4corrinf:(not sure who he actually went)
Uto :4kirby:2-1 Ri-Ma :4tlink:

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

Fuwa got like 97th, lost to Compact in R1 and immediately after she faced Kuro. Her losses weren't bad but that's an unfortunate seeding for her. Just commenting because she's one of my favorite players.
:196:

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
He worked hard and broke his bad streak only to get a chance on the spotlight. Gotta admire that.
:196:
CEO top 8 was custom made for him

I've been waiting on this moment since he really made himself known. If anyone deserves to walk down that catwalk it's him

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I ended up waking up at 5 this morning so I forced myself to stay awake the two hours just to see Zack's entrance

so, so worth it

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Captian Zack :4bayonetta:3-0 Marss :4zss:

Zack had Marss's number the entire set. I lost count of how many times Zack fell out of ZSS's boost kick..or that it failed to kill when Bayo was definetly at kill %

Zack must of had some godlike DI or something

Last edited:
Top Bottom