• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer 2009 Grand OTL Tournament | S2009GOTL- 114/128

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
*Now has infinite replay and music hacks*
Awesome. I could use a favor from you though. Can you kinda help me do it too. Or at least link me to what helped you hack your wii
Thanks in advance ^_^

And Oh noes and bunny chaco drama D=

Oh and I can do Falcon challenges tomorrow, but not in the evening, I'm going out again

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I really should get to bed... I don't even know why I'm still up, lol.
We can do our match tomorrow.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
STRAKED GO TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and why is it noone has replied to my questions0.o

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yep, you just sign up here, but it doesn't look like Chaco is keeping track of any names right now lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm gonna hack Mute City to play when I do the Falcon Challenge, lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Still some spots for the Bi-weekly?

Well I'll enter then.

Rutger / Rtgr / 0946-1916-9724 / Ike

Barge

All I want is a custom title
More like the awful stages and planking not being banned.
Oh, I see, so you're a scrub.

All of the legal stages are accepted by the SBR in their official ruleset, they're legal for a reason, and the banned ones are banned for a reason.
Would you really want to die by a 8bit Donkey kong throwing a spring at you in a final match of a tournament?

Planking is not banned because it has no reason to be. It's used to force an approach, to ban it would to give OTL a scrubby reputation.

I don't like to flame, but if you're going to come in here and call a ruleset ********, without knowing anything of the accepted rules, that deserves something.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The only bad stages I see are YI Pipes, Corneria, Green Greens, and Pirate Ship. :x

I dunno why people make Pirate Ship a CP. If you're gonna make that stage a CP, you might as well make Port Town a CP too.

Barge

The only bad stages I see are YI Pipes, Corneria, Green Greens, and Pirate Ship. :x

I dunno why people make Pirate Ship a CP. If you're gonna make that stage a CP, you might as well make Port Town a CP too.
Yes, but they're not reasonably as bad as the other banned ones.
Chaco made up the list prior, I just copied and pasted. And listed the banned stages that he didnt.

Ganons Pride

Smash Rookie
Oh, I see, so you're a scrub.

All of the legal stages are accepted by the SBR in their official ruleset, they're legal for a reason, and the banned ones are banned for a reason.
Would you really want to die by a 8bit Donkey kong throwing a spring at you in a final match of a tournament?

Planking is not banned because it has no reason to be. It's used to force an approach, to ban it would to give OTL a scrubby reputation
A scrub that would 3 stock you, sure. You should try to figure out who I am before you draw your ****ty conclusions.

The SBR ruleset is awful, so you can suck their ***** all you want, but that doesn't make some awful ruleset any good.

The stage you're referring to is also awful.

Planking has no reason to be banned? You've got to be ****ing kidding lol.

Yeah. I can agree with this. If port town was on the ****ing SBR "official" list, I'm sure everyone would say its a completely good stage.

Barge

A scrub that would 3 stock you, sure. You should try to figure out who I am before you draw your ****ty conclusions.

The SBR ruleset is awful, so you can suck their ***** all you want, but that doesn't make some awful ruleset any good.

The stage you're referring to is also awful.

Planking has no reason to be banned? You've got to be ****ing kidding lol.
You're not giving me any reason to WANT to ban it. I think you just got anal ***** by it and are crying to everyone who supports it to ban it.

Ganons Pride

Smash Rookie
You're not giving me any reason to WANT to ban it. I think you just got anal ***** by it and are crying to everyone who supports it to ban it.
it? I never even gave you a stage. I just said some stages on there are really bad, and planking should be banned.

Lol, you really need to stop assuming stuff.

Barge

it? I never even gave you a stage. I just said some stages on there are really bad, and planking should be banned.

Lol, you really need to stop assuming stuff.
I was talking about planking.

Also, about what you said before about knowing who you are before I make an assumption...
How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're....
a. New to this site
b. Have no friends, videos, HELPFUL posts at all on this site
c. Have made no contribution to SWF at ALL
d. Come in here, bag on the ruleset, bag on the SBR, and bag on me.
and
e. Give no commentary to your arguments on why you feel that way.

Ganons Pride

Smash Rookie
I was talking about planking.

Also, about what you said before about knowing who you are before I make an assumption...
How the hell am I supposed to know?

You're....
a. New to this site
b. Have no friends, videos, HELPFUL posts at all on this site
c. Have made no contribution to SWF at ALL
d. Come in here, bag on the ruleset, bag on the SBR, and bag on me.
and
e. Give no commentary to your arguments on why you feel that way.
1. I'm not new to this site. The profile I'm using right now is though.
2. LOL ok sure.
3. Once again, my profile hasn't, but I have.
4. I'm just pointing out how a tourney you're trying to hold that has 50+ people has a horrible competitive ruleset.
5. Because I really don't have the time to make an essay as to why its awful.

Barge

1. I'm not new to this site. The profile I'm using right now is though.
2. LOL ok sure.
3. Once again, my profile hasn't, but I have.
4. I'm just pointing out how a tourney you're trying to hold that has 50+ people has a horrible competitive ruleset.
5. Because I really don't have the time to make an essay as to why its awful.
If you don't have the time to explain why you think something is awful, then don't ****ing post here.
That's called being an idiot. If you come in here with an argument, but have no TIME to back it up, it's just a pointless post.

In fact, I do actually believe you are a troll. Your past posts are rude, homophobic, and idiotic. One cannot be that stupid without TRYING to upset people.
Why would you use a profile you just made, instead of using your main one unless its for trolling?

Ganons Pride

Smash Rookie
If you don't have the time to explain why you think something is awful, then don't ****ing post here.
That's called being an idiot. If you come in here with an argument, but have no TIME to back it up, it's just a pointless post.

In fact, I do actually believe you are a troll. Your past posts are rude, homophobic, and idiotic. One cannot be that stupid without TRYING to upset people.
Why would you use a profile you just made, instead of using your main one unless its for trolling?
I thought it was common knowledge why planking should be banned, but some people like yourself don't know. That's not my problem though.

You can believe whatever you want.

Barge

I thought it was common knowledge why planking should be banned, but some people like yourself don't know. That's not my problem though.

You can believe whatever you want.
I guess it's not worth arguing with an idiot.

Just, next time, actually research and make time for your arguments if you're going to state them.
Planking is accepted by the majority of SWF as a competitive and legal tactic, not just because the SBR says its legal. Hell, I got planked last night by bunny, lmao, I don't care.
People like you, and the other scrubs who probably wont ever go to a tournament in the first place, are the ones who cause the spam, annoyance, and idiocy that makes SWFs community laughable.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Barge said something about planking is a legit strategy because it makes the opponent attack. Guess what? So does running around the map for ever, a good example of a map that allows this is norfair. And guess what? Running around the map forever is banned because it's considered stalling. Planking is also under the banhammer because people are saying it's a form of severe stalling.

Just putting out what I think.

Ganons Pride

Smash Rookie
Whats funny is I've probably been to more Irl tourneys than you've ever entered before, and probably placed better than you would ever dream of placing.

MM me for 50 bucks at genesis or something if I'm suck a scrub, lololol.

Barge said something about planking is a legit strategy because it makes the opponent attack. Guess what? So does running around the map for ever, a good example of a map that allows this is norfair. And guess what? Running around the map forever is banned because it's considered stalling. Planking is also under the banhammer because people are saying it's a form of severe stalling.

If there was a million dollar question, you would have just won it.

Barge

Yes, but with planking, you're not running around, wasting out the timer, trying not to get hit.
You're waiting for your opponent to approach from one spot, I guess you could say a close equivalent to camping, and punishing if they make a mistake.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I would laugh if it was linguini, but it's not because he doesn't play online brawl.

Let him flame, don't bother fighting him, its pointless.

Uh...barge...you are running out the timer. You are intentionally putting yourself in a bad position by trying to approach the planker, and you will most likely get hit. The purpose of planking is to time a match out when you have a % lead and doing so in the safest way possible (ledgestalling)

crewster

Smash Lord
Which stage is planking?

@ Flamer... I mean ganons pride: *cough*G*cough*L*cough*Y*cough*P*cough*H*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom