• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer 2009 Grand OTL Tournament | S2009GOTL- 114/128

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Chacooooo, I love your new avatar! Goodness, it makes me want to break out the eevee. Imma have to win the next tournament with a title change as the prize, cause i want eeveelicious or something.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
All the people from the toon link general discussion, I'm not surprised. They're always looking for new ways to get banned ;P

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
sign me up for the 32 man double elimination bi -wekly
Narigo1/Nari/1590-5017-2763

Ike, Luigi, Metaknight, and Diddy

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Bunnyma, my good chum. :)
Planning on winning that bi-weekly, are you?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Whats even crazier is the pokemon I was looking at was Jolteon

Chacow followed me!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Jolteon. Reminds me of some really cool porcupine... fox thing.
I've always liked Umbreon/Leafeon, to be honest.

:fox:

Frio

Smash Champion
I'll join aswell just to screw Alphicans over XD Frio/Frio/0903-2413-6461/Pikachu + Ike

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Gah Joteon doesn't really work well. I'll keep it for a bit though

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hmm... then I guess that means I need to get Flareon. :evil:

Frio

Smash Champion
What about Umbreon, and the pink 1. Not to mention those other 2 new ones from diamond :/. This is why pokemon fails

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think this is the best Vapore - oh. Wrong avatar.
Well, this works for now.

It looks delicious...

@Frio - Lol. You really don't know anything about Pokemonsz.

Frio

Smash Champion
I love pokemon. Strange way to start a rant but give it time. Anyway as I was saying I love pokemon. I love it's depth. I love creating a team and I love filling out my collection. I love facing trainers and gym leaders, all to lay the smacketh on the elite four and the champ. Those that think it's only for kids haven't played it enough to truely get into it. Your team becomes an extension of yourself. It's brilliant.

Though it is also annoying. Very annoying. You may remember back in october I was saying how I needed to finish Leafgreen and do another quest before I could trade between versions and get my old party back.

It gets worse.

There is only one tool that allows you to transfer by box, Pokemon Box. Some may say that this is pointless, but I'm glad I used my stars to buy it. When you want to move your entire collection between versions you'll praise the fact you don't have to do it six at a time. Also you can't trade into an empty space, it's only pokemon for pokemon. Do you know how many Pidgeys and Rattatas I've collected just so I had something to trade with when I moved my collection? Too many.

But even that's annoying in that you need to get 100 pokemon in each version before you can transfer pokemon from box to your GBA cart. I restarted Sapphire to get the other fossil and another starter. I rushed through the story again while my collection stayed on LeafGreen. Didn't bother filling out my pokedex and only got 34 entries.

Now I have to capture 60 odd pokemon just to transfer my entire collection which has those pokemon already. Worse if I want to bring a high level party across I have to transfer from Box to LG, from LG to Colloseum, to Collosuem to Saph. It's just pointlessly annoying.

On top of that you have those events which give you special items to get special pokemon. Do they ever come near me? No. It's a 3 hour car journey just to attend an event designed for youngsters.

Only way to get Mew is to buy Emerald. Just for that ONE pokemon. Actually I can see three worth collecting on it (Mew, Groundon and Latios). Still a lot of momey for a game I already own just to finish a collection. I mean do you honestly think an Emerald owner is going to just give me their mew? or a Ruby owner willing to let go of their Groundon and Latios. Stupid.

And then there's Pokemon XD. Has only ONE exclusive pokemon, Lugia. Would've been nice to have Celebi, Jirachi and Dexoys available for capture.

And the worse thing, in Diamond and Pearl we just have to do it all over again. Is it so hard to give an option to bring over your GBA collection? I mean you have the GBA slot, you have the interaction between DS slot and GBA slot. Come on give us the option, PLEASE.

I love Pokemon but sometimes it feels like they go out of their way to make it so annoying you rip out your hair, and tempt you to spend more money on the same game with a little bit more.

Right now I feel I need Emerald...**** YOU NINTENDO, ARGH!

My point being: They`re just making us do the same thing each game but adding these new stupid looking pokemon ._.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Biweeklys will probably just be for fun for the most part.
Fun and practice

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I thought Flareon at first. Then I saw Xsy had it... :(

Edit: Err, not any more.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC