• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary?

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Snake will fit in Subspace Emissary? Will he have a boss? What part will he play?

I think he will, because the video released with him has him set up (story wise) to kill Mario. I can see this going a couple ways:
1) This is all there is, and you fight Mario, or as Mario, and that is all.
2) Snake ends up in a humorous scenario that teams him up with one of the joke/cute characters, gets to a point where he can kill Mario, but refuses to, because he grow's to respect him from previous scenario.
3) The Colonel he was talking to was GW from Metal Gear Solid 2, or something similar.
4) I am wrong.

What do you guys think?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Solid Snake is a hidden character, so he may not have a role in the Subspace Emissary. If anything, I'd say he would team up with Samus or be an extra character to be a replacement if you unlock him.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I did hear that those videos were part of some sort of Adventure Mode for Snake, so who knows? Maybe they'll be a part of some separate entity or gameplay feature that has not been revealed yet. I have been wondering though, if maybe some parts of the Subspace Emissary would have to be unlockable. Like you would have to unlock Sonic or Snake before you could play their levels. I thought I saw Sonic in some of the same stages as DK and Diddy in his video, which is the only reason I think he may be in the SSE. Any ideas?

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I like to think he's a "bad" guy who really is just spying on the Army. He does have to hunt Mario in one of these missions, but doesn't hurt him and instead gives him information on the Army.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he's something like Strider from Lord of the Rings, at first I thought that the idea of Snake as a villain wouldn't be accepted, but then I realized that at least 70% of Smash Brothers enthusiast have no idea who Snake is.

So maybe it will work.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Haha, well I was thinking that they could never get away with making Snake a bad guy. Its just not apart of his character, his philosophies are very positive. But yeah I don't know how many smashers know this, and if the dev team would dare to make this stretch. It would be misrepresenting Hideo Kojima's character, and I don't think he would like that. <_<

But if he were just a spy working with the baddies to actually assist the good guys, then I can see how this could be incorporated into the storyline after Snake was unlocked.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Snake pairing with Zero Suit Samus would bring a sense of infidelity.

By his introduction video, it seems that he is more than honored to be on the same screen as Mario, and is more of a friendly rivalry towards Mario.

My dream- theory about his scenario is:

This is later on in the SSE storyline, when you happen to unlock Snake.

Samus finds her way on the Halbred after exiting her ship, and she is walking in to break into the strong hold, and Snake walks up behind her and grabs her, and tries to restrain her for her own benefit to not make any noise because there is an over abundance of enemies around. Samus doesn't interpret it that way and she confronts him in a battle.

Of course, you chose between the two characters.

After the winner of the match defeats the opponent, another FMV shows Samus aiming her paralyzer at Snake, and Snake sneakingly put a C4 under Samus, and he is holding the detonator for it, so Samus puts her paralyzer away and they both digress their aggressive position and hear a loud wicked laughter. So they turn around and see that it's no one other than...

DUN! DUN! DUN!

Zelda amazon antagonist, TWINROVA!

Both Snake and Samus team up to take her on. After battle, Samus and Snake join each other for a stroll aboard the Halbred until another scene occurs where Samus gasps and runs off gravely concerned about something, and Snake can't keep up, staying behind, only to find Meta Knight, and Samus branches off on her own to meet a new partner.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well I don't really see Snake as a villain, but more of a hero who will probably be paired up with the likes of Samus or Mario, but I do have to say, I always thought that maybe Snake would have his own Subspace Emmisary Boss (such as Liquid with his Hind D or Big Boss)

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I know this doenst' have much to do with the topic of this thread but what if Subspace Emissary is teh way you unlock characters?
I mean, imagine having cutscenes that show you a new character!!! And then you go on with those characters if you win.

As for Snake being a good or bad guy, there's a lot of possibilities, but it's more likely that he's a good guy.
There's even the question of whether secret characters get to be in subspace emissary.
Its' also very likely that only the initial roster gets to play subspace emissary.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Snake pairing with Zero Suit Samus would bring a sense of infidelity.

By his introduction video, it seems that he is more than honored to be on the same screen as Mario, and is more of a friendly rivalry towards Mario.

My dream- theory about his scenario is:

This is later on in the SSE storyline, when you happen to unlock Snake.

Samus finds her way on the Halbred after exiting her ship, and she is walking in to break into the strong hold, and Snake walks up behind her and grabs her, and tries to restrain her for her own benefit to not make any noise because there is an over abundance of enemies around. Samus doesn't interpret it that way and she confronts him in a battle.

Of course, you chose between the two characters.

After the winner of the match defeats the opponent, another FMV shows Samus aiming her paralyzer at Snake, and Snake sneakingly put a C4 under Samus, and he is holding the detonator for it, so Samus puts her paralyzer away and they both digress their aggressive position and hear a loud wicked laughter. So they turn around and see that it's no one other than...

DUN! DUN! DUN!

Zelda amazon antagonist, TWINROVA!

Both Snake and Samus team up to take her on. After battle, Samus and Snake join each other for a stroll aboard the Halbred until another scene occurs where Samus gasps and runs off gravely concerned about something, and Snake can't keep up, staying behind, only to find Meta Knight, and Samus branches off on her own to meet a new partner.

I like this, TwinRova thing IS kind of out of the blue, but that doesnt mean it wouldnt work, if the story has twinrova in it at all:cool:

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that snake will start out by himself and have to fight Metal Gear Rex. It would be a similar battle to the petty pirhana one. He finds DK trapped by whoever is manning the metal gear and then frees him. Then Snake meets DK, because somewhere along the line they must have been separated (diddy teaming up with fox and all) and then procede to fighting many Genime soldiers as they try to escape.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
well I don't really see Snake as a villain, but more of a hero who will probably be paired up with the likes of Samus or Mario, but I do have to say, I always thought that maybe Snake would have his own Subspace Emmisary Boss (such as Liquid with his Hind D or Big Boss)
I really have to agree with this viewpoint the most, because I honestly can't see a reason why Snake would want to kill Mario. It didn't seem that way in the video. Besides, I don't think anyone is getting "killed" in Super Smash Bros.

Question: Will Snake be vulnerable to Wario, ie able to be turned into a trophy. I think that'd be an interesting route.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Just looked up the meaning of the word "emissary." It is a spy or secret agent. I think he'd fit the bill quite nicely.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
i think the emissary part stands for the enemies instead of the characters.
(someone who is sent on a mision to represent another person)
maybe the enemies work for meta knight deded and bowser ? (hopefully ganondorf) lol :)

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Solid Snake is a hidden character, so he may not have a role in the Subspace Emissary. If anything, I'd say he would team up with Samus or be an extra character to be a replacement if you unlock him.
This seems right. I don't think that they would make a single character so much more important than the others. They'll probably just fit him in somewhere when you unlock him.

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
i agree but i hope sub space emissary only unlocks a couple of characters because if not it will be short and less fun than melee.
im just worried because they put so much emphasis on the single player aspects of the game
but the characters seem to be lacking
(keep in mind that unlockables are unknown)

sorry for long post :(

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
i think the emissary part stands for the enemies instead of the characters.
(someone who is sent on a mision to represent another person)
maybe the enemies work for meta knight deded and bowser ? (hopefully ganondorf) lol :)
Maybe meta knights the emissary. I think bowser is really behind everything and meta knights is just incharge of the army. And if thats the case, snake could be from the subspace army, but comes to get mario who is the only one that has ever beat bowser before.

I think Snake teaming up with mario is a more likely path because of the way he was talking about him in the video and it insinuates that snake came to find mario.

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone assume that you can't see unlockables prior to them being unlocked? It's possible that maybe you will, or maybe you'll unlock them along the way.

unlockables could easily be in SE.

pepin

Smash Cadet
have anyone thought that the SSE would be like a story mode that can't be passed in 10 minutes like the classic mode and that you can save it and continue it latter and that like the events you have to unlock the dude before play like the dude but you can see the dude.

and that you can play as the bad guys at some point in wich you will have to choose between mario and snake wich will end in a team up

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
Snake: ****, that's one big ship. I'll have to find a way to blow it up.
Meta Knight: No, dont destroy it. Thats MY ship, and those *****es stole it. I'm trying to get it back.
Snake: Whaddya see we team up?
Meta Knight: Fine.

And so Meta Knight and Snake team up to fight the Subspace Army.

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Snake in SE

I thought it would be cool if snake was shown as one of those character who acts like mysterious stanger.... don't get it hears what i mean.

Mario and Pit are standing on the peak of a mountain, weakened and surronunded by SE troops, one of them advances as the step the foot reveils a mine burryed under the earth, it explodes in a ring KOing a lot of minions but also covering the peek in smoke, Mario and Pit see their chance and run, as the smoke starts to clear we see the a clocked humanoid shape only showing up because of the dust.

Later on Fox and Diddy are fighting there way through leagues of pokemon in a cutscene they are backed up against a tree, a pokeball falls from it Fox grabs it and throws it, staryu comes out and deals a swift attack scattering the pokemon Fox and diddy look up into the tree, they see a shadowy figure moving away quickly.

These sort of things happen 5 times

then near the end, Mario is about to go and fight The minister, There is a cardboard box outside the door, mario look at this snake pops out and says:

'Mario only one of us should try and hold of the minister while the other make there way and only the stronger of the two must do that... you know what we must do'

Mario nods

As mario you fight snake if you beat him you unlock him

Once unlocked a new supspace chapter is available, Snakes story, and you play as snake though all the times you have helped the others

Torchik

Smash Ace
I think Snake is going to be with Samus. In a screenshot of Zamus I saw some where, she was in a very high tech area (it wasn't her ship). I think this could be Snake's area and this is where they meet. Of course, I could be completely wrong and Snake is actually teamed up with Jiggs. >_>

Kirby__fan

Smash Cadet
I think snake and kirby are going to team up in a battle

when snake is going to kill kirby he can´t do anything because he doesn´t have neck

my reasons?: Sakurai said that Hideo Kojima "practically begged" for Snake to be included in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which did not happen since the game was too far in development and they included in brawl

Questions? :ohwell:

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Do you think Snake will fit in Subspace Emissary? Will he have a boss? What part will he play?

I think he will, because the video released with him has him set up (story wise) to kill Mario. I can see this going a couple ways:
1) This is all there is, and you fight Mario, or as Mario, and that is all.
2) Snake ends up in a humorous scenario that teams him up with one of the joke/cute characters, gets to a point where he can kill Mario, but refuses to, because he grow's to respect him from previous scenario.
3) The Colonel he was talking to was GW from Metal Gear Solid 2, or something similar.
4) I am wrong.

What do you guys think?
WAIT!!!, I dont remember the colonel wanting Snake to kill Mario, just to maybe meet him in battle.
If Snake is in Subspace, he should get paired up with Samus, but if paired up with a random character, IDK.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
WAIT!!!, I dont remember the colonel wanting Snake to kill Mario, just to maybe meet him in battle.
I agree.

In fact, Colonel didn't give Snake any orders except to get into battle, I doubt it was specifically targetted as an order to kill Mario, just for Snake to rise up to the challenge. Since Snake and the Colonel seem to think of fighting Mario as an honor, I doubt Snake has an agenda against him.

espio87

Smash Ace
it would be awesome if David Hayter (snake's voice) provides his voice in snake's cutscenes. although it would be weird beacause it seems that every other charater doesn't talk

shinodude

Smash Cadet
have anyone thought that the SSE would be like a story mode that can't be passed in 10 minutes like the classic mode and that you can save it and continue it latter and that like the events you have to unlock the dude before play like the dude but you can see the dude.

and that you can play as the bad guys at some point in wich you will have to choose between mario and snake wich will end in a team up
actually I am praying that it is like that.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Who Snake teams up with: It will be a similar character versus a completely different character.

Sakurai could pair Kirby/Jigglypuff with Snake for laughs. Snake running alongside a pink blob... It would be hard not to smile at that.

Or he could pair Snake with someone like Zamus or Captain Falco, just because it would be badass.

OR he could just be primarily rolling solo throughout SE, set at odds in the Nintendo universe. Taking down one target after the next.

Top Bottom