• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-~-Subspace Emissary RPG-~- No Spots Open

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
Subspace Emissary RPG

*UPDATE! PLEASE CHECK "RULES".*

Well, what i'm trying to start here, is a novel-like forum RPG. If you don't know what I mean, here's an Example;

As Sonic dashed for his enemy, a loud bang startled them both. "Wait." Sonic strongly said, screeching to a halt. A purple aura resignated in the distance. "Let's go." Captain Falcon stated as Sonic nodded. Putting aside their differences, Sonic and Captain Falcon dashed for the nearby location, questions floating above their heads.

So the fun of this is, you can change the story however you want, keeping a main storyline in mind. I don't want levels, stats, and attacks junk to get in the way, just a pure, fun Role-playing adventure! :joyful: Of course, you could always go script-style. For example:

Bowser: Bow down before me! *Raises arms victoriously*
Snake: Not so fast... *Shoots rocket launcher, knocking Bowser down*
Mario: Take this! *Punches Bowser strongly, transforming him into trophy form*
Snake: Well done. *Salutes Mario*

How To Join

If you are interested in joining the Supspace Emissary RPG, follow this simple template.

Character: Choose a chracter from Smash Bros. Brawl (Characters Limited, more information in "Member List")

Colour: If you want an alternate colour for your character, just say so. (Must be from the SSBB)

SWF Username: Just tell me your username so I remember who's what character.

And no other information is needed! Any descriptions or appearances or obviously not required, since characters already have distinct personalities and appearances. Fill out the template, and i'll put you on the list.

Rules
*VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

1. Please be polite, and appropriate. This means no inappropriate language or actions.

2. No god-modding. You don't want a battle to end in one attack. This includes taking control of another person's character, and speaking\acting for them.

3. No over-powered characters. Your character can't be an awsome-uber-destroy-everything-killing machine.

4. Be fair with items and power-ups. For example, you can't get a Final Smash ball at the beginning of every battle.

5. Please try to keep your grammar in check. I don't expect you to correctly spell everything, and have the best grammar in the world, I have some trouble myself. Just make sure it is understandable.

*UPDATE*6. When your speaking out of character, please clearify by typing "OOC:", (for "Out Of Character").

Any violation of rules 1-4 WILL lead to punishment. Which will be the following;

First Time- Warning

Second Time- 24 Hour Suspension

Third Time- 48 Hour Suspension

Fourth Time- Permanent Suspension and Possible Report

Member List
- -Olimar- as Olimar

- Zook as Yoshi (Dark Blue)

- A6M Zero as Fox

- smashbot226 as Wolf

- YaYa as Mr. Game and Watch

- Lotasin as Lucario (White)

- karthik king as Marth (Gold)

- Rockin as Peach

- Spike as Samus

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
Finally someone joined. :estatic: Ok, your both on the list. Once it's full, we'll start, (5 more!). And tell your friends, by all means, spread the word! :) Well, only if you want to, Lol. :laugh:

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
Perfect! Two more members. :) I'll put you guys on the list.

I tried this, like, three times. Let's hope yours succeeds.
I hope it does too. :) I have also done this many times, and only few of them lasted for long. :ohwell: By the way, i'll PM everyone on the list when it will start. (3 more people).

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
Nobody ever talked in SSE. They all telepathically spoke. Ever noticed that? No one spoke, all they do is grunt and moan.

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
OOC: Wow, I didn't know they spoke telepathically... Ok, just talk, but pretend it is telepathically, lol. :) I have assumed that everyone has read the rules. If you haven't, I URGE you to look them over. Very important. Ok, now that the list is full, let's get started! :)

As Olimar slowly walked, it created dust clouds beneath his small feet. As he screeched to a halt, his Pikmin stared at him curiosly, stems perked up. He heard russeling in the forest aroung him. Getting louder... Closer... He was afraid. Out of panic he dashed in a random direction, his pursuer catching up with him. After a while, Olimar stopped, panting, his hands resting his upper body on his thighs. His tiny legs didn't do much good, and neither did his over-worked lungs- he wasn't used to running fast for so long. He slowly started hearing the russeling once more. I worked myself for nothing... I must face my pursuer- maybe he means no harm! He though confidently. "He-hello?" He asked nervously. "Who's there?" His Pikmin jumped with excitment, as if they sensed something. Olimar frightengly curled his arms over his face as he crouched in fear, shaking, expecting an ambush.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
"Why do you and your small aliens run away?" The thundering voice seemed to come from all sides. As Olimar looked around, trying to locate the source of the deep, forceful voice, there was a bright blue blur that seemed to dash right in front of his helmet.
"Answer me!" the voice yelled.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Rules
*VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ*

2. No god-modding. You don't want a battle to end in one attack.

OOC: God moding doesn't have to be just no godly fighting. this also means that you can't take control of someone else's character and respond for them, even if it's little. Not to mention other powerful stuff like read minds and whatnot.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
OCC: I didn't think I got god-moded. Nor was i going to end it in one attack. And I guess i didn't read the part where i'm not allowed to respond for a character. And in the first post, as an example, -Olimar- took control of 2 characters; Mario and Snake. Sorry, I won't do it again.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
OCC: I didn't think I got god-moded. Nor was i going to end it in one attack. And I guess i didn't read the part where i'm not allowed to respond for a character. And in the first post, as an example, -Olimar- took control of 2 characters; Mario and Snake. Sorry, I won't do it again.
OOC: Because no one is playing as either Snake or Mario, they're NPCs- anyone can use them as needed. You didn't do anything major, just avoid doing it again.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
OOC: I wasn't planning on doing anything drastic, I just asked if he wanted to fight. I wasn't going to read his mind, or fly or w/e. The blue dash, as I hope you know. was ExtremeSpeed. Do you want me to erase my post or just keep going?

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Character: Samus
Colour: Varia suit(aka orange, or default colour)
SWF username: Spike6sic6

OCC: I'll wait for a few posts before joining in. Trying to get the feel of what's going on.

Edit: Ack sorry, didn't see registration was closed :(. Just tell me if you want me to participate anyways.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
OOC: It's okay. No one's mad. and Olimar just showed an example as to how the writing style format. I I think it's best if it stays in novel format. >>

OOC: I wasn't planning on doing anything drastic, I just asked if he wanted to fight. I wasn't going to read his mind, or fly or w/e. The blue dash, as I hope you know. was ExtremeSpeed. Do you want me to erase my post or just keep going?
It's best if you just post again and treat your last post as a void, since you can't really edit your post here (that's a rule in Decisive gaming).

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Fox McCloud was sitting leaned against a tree, in the distance he saw the pitter-pattering of many footsteps.

I don't suppose that's who I think it is...

He didn't put his hand on his weapon or perk his ears more than they already were. If he was right...than there was no need to worry (not that there ever was). He was the best there was. He DID wonder who else he heard, though...Heavier footsteps.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Deep in a forest, the clicking of footsteps were heard, a mysterious black figure was walking through.

Now, if you saw this figure, you would of thought you had lost your mind, for one, it was completely black, not a speck of any other color, oh, not to mention the fact it was two dimensional.

It kept walking, it's unique beeping footsteps pounding against the ground.

It truly was an astounding sight.

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
OOC: Yeah, it IS considered god-modding, since you preventing me from doing what I wanted to do. But, it's probably my fault, since I forgot to mention the factor of taking over someone's character. But it's all good. :) And thank you Rockin for pointing this out for me. :bigthumbu No, don't erase you post. Just end it at "Anwser Me!". I'll start from there. And Spike, what the heck, join in. :) We just started so you don't have to worry about catching up, and I was planning to add one or two more people anyway.

Olimar was taken aback. Him and his Pikmin aggreed- this specimen does NOT prove to be peaceful. Though Olimar found a small shred of light inside of him. He wanted to know more. "I'm sorry, I got scared, and I ran, and- wow, you're big!" Olimar rambled. Olimar gathered himself. The mysterious creature proved to be a threat, but he could be reasoned with. Olimar put out his hand, and looked up at what could be his friend, or his enemy.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Fox grinned, it WAS Olimar. He's going to need some help...That creature doesn't sound so...social. He stood and silently walked to behind the tree and through a tangle of bushes. The gentle whooosh of the arwing cockpit spent across the air. Fox sat behind his controls, and prepared to start up the craft if things got too messy, but not to run. He was thinking of playing with an especially hot fire.

-Olimar-

Smash Rookie
Olimar pulled is hand back. "Do- do you hear that?" He asked curiously as the sound of leaves swaying, and engines running filled the air. Olimar saw a strange space craft a short distance away. He stepped back as he saw it start up. "Who- or WHAT- is that?" Olimar asked as he stepped back once more, resulting in bumping into a tree. "Ow!" He quietly cursed to himself, rubbing his arm.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Fox put his finger on the trigger. His G-diffusers hummed with minimal power, just enough to turn the Arwing towards the two. His left hand found a button on the control panel - a loudspeaker.

"I would like to suggest a hasty change of position." He smirked, his voice booming through the leaves. His finger squeezed and the trigger depressed. Cannon-blasters blew through the woods. A tree in front of him saw it's midsection explode in a shower of molten bark, and fell to the left. The rest of the shots flew unimpeded towards the two.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
Lucario dashed out of the way. 'Maybe if I charge an aurasphere, I can take out the canons, but I'll need some time...I hope that strange little man is still okay, because if we are getting out of this alive, I'll need some help.' Lucario thought strategically.

Lucario peered into the cockpit which was covered by a thick, tinted glass. But what he could see astounded him. It was an animal controlling the strange machine!. Lucario did not have to guess whether this was friend or foe. The evil little grin on the animal's face said it all.

'What have I done to him?' Lucario thought. 'No matter...I shall have to destroy him before he destroys me!'

"You and your little aliens cover me if you wish to live!" Lucario yelled, as he began charging his sphere, hoping for the best.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
(OOC: The edit was fixing my italic coding. I'd typed [/] instead of [/i])

If you wish to live. So he isn't an enemy. Doesn't mean we can't have some fun anyway!

Fox slammed down on the engines and G-diffusers, and swung his Arwing as hard as he could to the side. He didn't have time to see if his wing had hit his opponent as hoped, because he pulled back hard to aim his Arwing straight up. The G-Diffusers whined on the corner of a stall, and Fox slammed down on the boost. The Arwing shot straight up and Fox leaped out of the cockpit with a backflip, firing his blaster down at Lucario before finding footing on a branch.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
Lucario watched as the lasers came right toward him, shooting what what little Auro Sphere he had gotten charged, in hopes that the lasers and Sphere would cancel out each other. They did, and just in time.

"Why are you doing this?" Lucario called out to the beast perched atop the branch.

"....Strange little man, do you know him?" he said quietly to Olimar

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Fox wasn't going to wait for Olimar to reply.

"Why not!?" Shouted back Fox. He shot twice at Lucario and glimmered blue, blurring past and firing another two shots at Lucario's back.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
OOC: Before I post, is Yoshi capable of speech? I just want to make sure he can or can't before I go IC.
OOC: You can make him speak if you want. But if you want to be more in character, no, he doesn't speak unless he says his name. He says stuff like 'Waah!,' 'Oooooooh,' 'Yoshi!' and little things like that.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
(OOC: I'm sure it's fine, he said it was okay. We don't care ;) He speaks in mario party, so does DK and stuff. )

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
OOC: It's an RPG. Anything's possible :) BTW, the edit was just to make the post more "colorful" or descriptive.

Lucario dodged the first two lasers, but had not time to react to the last 2, which went right into his back, putting two burn holes in his fur.. Lucario arched his back in pain. He was weakened, but he could still fight.

After recovering a couple seconds from his injuries, Lucario replied, looking where the fox had gone.

"I have done nothing to harm you! What is your motive for doing this? For fun? Are you just that sadistic? I have no desire to fight you, beast, but if I must, I will decimate you. And you will regret it. Now, I ask again, what is your motivation for fighting us? Did someone send you?"

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
"I thought you would be up for some competition!" Fox noted his foes pain and holstered his blaster.

"I guess I'll have to go easy on you. Come on!" His scouter finished scanning.

~Target: Lucario (Pokemon) Adept fighter. Threats: Aura. Avoid close combat for easiest fight.~

Well this will be interesting.

Fox let Lucario make the first move.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
The dinosaur walked blissfully through the forest. Yoshi had decided that today would be a nice day to go for a hike throught the forest, and maybe eat a Shy Guy or two along the way.

Up ahead, he noticed a commotion going on. He quietly bagan crawling to the scene, keeping low as to avoid being noticed.

Lotasin

Smash Cadet
"Let's do this. Strange man, stay back." Lucario ordered.

Lucario rushed towards the speedy animal, going in for a force palm grab. Lucario had a hold of him, but before he launched him, he got 2 inches from the fox's face face and muttered the words "Prepare to regret".

Yaya

Smash Champion
The figure peacefully strolled on, when it crossed paths with a strange lizard-like, body.

The black figure bumped into the body, and tried to say, "I'm sorry."

Another strange fact about this figure, the only sound it makes is a loud beep, so, a sentence like, "Good day to you, it's a great morning, we should enjoy it," is the equivalent of an alarm clock right next to your ear.

Top Bottom