• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary (By: Sluigi123) GOLD Coming Soon!

Do you like this stage?

• Total voters

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
oooh, was just about to use the older version til I read that, sounds exciting. Guess Ill have to wait a bit

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
This just in...

1.2.75 Released for
Casuals and Tournament Play!
Only differences between versions is that there'll be a Crazy Edition included in the pack! Also, the background is bigger in general for any black corners to appear ever again in all editions! More songs are added in the pack as well!

A few songs may be missing, but I'll be adding them by tonight.

Be ready for more hype in the Final Version within the next 9 days!

Doq

Smash Lord
Quick question/issue/whatever with your staj.
What is the difference between the Original, Special Edition, and Crazy versions of the stage? And if it's what I'm thinking is the difference (the layouts) then can the stages be loaded via Alternate Stage Loader? (they run from the same REL)

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
The Original is the original.
The Special Edition de-clones all layouts from the original.
The Crazy Edition makes all layouts completely different and new at the same time from any other stage.

Overall, you're correct; all three versions should be able to run on the same REL via ASL. ;)

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
yoooo, now I can add this stage to my pack :3 love the stage

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
So I was trying to put this on P:M. I used the rel and stuff. Tried everything. Am I naming it wrong? Am I unlucky? Am I a tree in a woodchipper's world? I don't know. Help?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So I was trying to put this on P:M. I used the rel and stuff. Tried everything. Am I naming it wrong? Am I unlucky? Am I a tree in a woodchipper's world? I don't know. Help?
Are you using the right .rel file? It uses a Battlefield .rel. So don't try it with PictoChat or whatever... cause won't work... Also you didn't say what problem you were having exactly lol. Is it just freezing when you try to load the stage?

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Are you using the right .rel file? It uses a Battlefield .rel. So don't try it with PictoChat or whatever... cause won't work... Also you didn't say what problem you were having exactly lol. Is it just freezing when you try to load the stage?
So we can't use it with Pictochat? What stages can it work with? The download came with a st_pictchat.rel.

It was just freezing when using it. My bad.

I'm fairly bad at stage replacing's intricacies. I merely know the basics. I know it needs a .rel. That's it. Lol.
So my Big Blue is replaced with Melee's battlefield. Could I just change it to replace Big Blue?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Correction:
st_pictchat.rel is normally over Battlefield, but made it so that it would go over Pictochat. Also the name of the PAC file itself would have to go like this, since I changed the names of all of the files inside: "STGPICTCHAT.PAC".

Let me know if it works, or doesn't work.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Amazerommu will be making the videos by the time the stages are at their final versions. The color packs will be released later after the final release.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I got it to work over Big Blue (Had battlefield over that, as I think I mentioned), and Pictochat. So no idea why it wasn't working on my friend's SD card. Maybe he's just a ponce. I'll tell him. That he's a ponce.

Thanks for your help. I hope this stage or something similar gets included in P:M eventually. I've always wanted a subspace stage like this.

Edit: I think it would be cool if there was a way to randomize the platform setups, and if instead of the platforms floating to and fro if you could make the transition cause them to like dematerialize in a wispy fashion it would suit the overall aesthetic more.

Suggestions. If I'm asking too much or if you have a better direction it's fine. I just wanted to give the idea.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Thank You! :colorful:

Also the release will include Color Pack V2, but will be separate with the main pack.

The release will be out within a few hours! :grin:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
MEGA Update!
Final Version Released!
Very sorry for being late, cause my family had misunderstood each other for the meet.​
This above is my final music add-on for this final version.​
Wondering what else is new? Look at the last part of the Crazy Edition and you'll find this layout below.​
That layout above is the first layout I made. I made it for slope collision testing only, during its beta state.​
Other than the background darkened a bit (You'll notice the background difference.), I'm pretty much done with this stage in general. The color pack will be up to date sometime later this year. If you made multiple fixes to this stage that I don't even know about, PM me your version and I'll update the main pack and color packs later, and will credit you after that.​

Also, anybody who wants to use my stage as part of a Smash Bros. mod, are allowed to do so. All you have to do is ask, I'm a very nice guy, but am bad at stuff when it comes to estimating things.​
Enjoy my stage(s)! :pimp:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I'm taking a break at this moment right now, so that you guys can take care of other Christmas-related stuff that will or is going on for you guys. My break will be over after Christmas. By then, I might be able to make video(s) of this stage!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I'm taking a break at this moment right now, so that you guys can take care of other Christmas-related stuff that will or is going on for you guys. My break will be over after Christmas. By then, I might be able to make video(s) of this stage!
I actually made a preview for the standard stage. Just haven't got around to uploading it. I was gonna redo it and make a better one though.

Also are you gonna update the other colors? I have the rainbow textures still. Was gonna do something 'special' for that one. Like... All the way special.

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
This stage looks marvelous, but I have no idea how to properly install it.

Do the tracks have to replace an existing track, such as the ones currently used on Smashville?

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Simple. If my stage is replacing Pictochat, then rename the PAC file to "STGPICTOCHAT.pac," and place it in the pf/stages/melee folder. Once you've done that, you need to use one of my modules in the module folder in my zip file. The names of the module should be simple, and move the correct one to Project:M's module folder; the correct one should be "st_pictochat.rel."

I'm gonna be making a tutorial, along with all the needed preview files, to make the stage look like, as if the old stage that my stage is going over was never there before, or make my stage look professional. The tutorial will I think should be somewhere in the Brawl Workshop section.

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
Ah okay, thanks. Honestly I think just a simple readme.txt included with those instructions is all anyone would need.

EDIT: or maybe not?

I just tried to replace the Ice Climber stage with the Crazy version. When entering the stage everything is black except the characters. What did I do wrong?

EDIT EDIT: Okay so I decided to go with your Pictochat example and it works fine now. Guess changing it with Summit was no good?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Ah okay, thanks. Honestly I think just a simple readme.txt included with those instructions is all anyone would need.

EDIT: or maybe not?

I just tried to replace the Ice Climber stage with the Crazy version. When entering the stage everything is black except the characters. What did I do wrong?

EDIT EDIT: Okay so I decided to go with your Pictochat example and it works fine now. Guess changing it with Summit was no good?
You'd need a different .rel file if you were to put it over Summit. Ummmm... lemme find a link. There's this thingy: http://www.lakora.us/rel/ Also BrawlBox has this same capability built in. Just check the stage that you have on the left. (For this stage it would be 'Battlefield' if I'm not mistaken. On the right, select the stage that you're wanting to replace... in your case 'Summit'

Click 'Download' and place the acquired .rel file into the 'projectm/pf/module' folder. Then rename the stage to STGICE.pac and place it in the 'stage/melee' folder.

These are all kinda general knowledge if you're going to try to replace a stage. Google can be a great help when you're having trouble with Brawl modding haha, no matter how new you are to it... I basically learned all this ^ and a crap ton of other stuff searching Google for answers... aaaaaaaaaaand fumbling around in BrawlBox often resulting in my Wii shrieking at me...

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
@ 210stuna 210stuna : I was doing some other project that I was working on that is not related to Reality 64 nor this stage at all. The stage's camera may not act like the one on 3.02, but I'll try and make sure the cameras for all versions will be ready, along with the color pack by maybe February. This is just an estimate. :ohwell:)

@ Amazerommu Amazerommu : Speaking of updates, how're those videos coming along? Also, since you found and fixed a graphical problem, mind if I borrow it, so that there'll be no problems whatsoever, graphically and physically? That would be awesome! I would like to try and get this stage up to legitimate 100%!

To the rest of you watching this thread:

If you find any [very] minor problems with this stage, PM me or post one on this thread. I hope I see some new users for me to meet! ;)

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
@ 210stuna 210stuna : I was doing some other project that I was working on that is not related to Reality 64 nor this stage at all. The stage's camera may not act like the one on 3.02, but I'll try and make sure the cameras for all versions will be ready, along with the color pack by maybe February. This is just an estimate. :ohwell:)

@ Amazerommu Amazerommu : Speaking of updates, how're those videos coming along? Also, since you found and fixed a graphical problem, mind if I borrow it, so that there'll be no problems whatsoever, graphically and physically? That would be awesome! I would like to try and get this stage up to legitimate 100%!

To the rest of you watching this thread:

If you find any [very] minor problems with this stage, PM me or post one on this thread. I hope I see some new users for me to meet! ;)
I haven't fixed any issues. I only found the issue with the background animation not looping correctly haha. If you can fix that, I'll go ahead and update the videos before I post them. As far as I know that's the only issue with the stages that remains.

Top Bottom