• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary (By: Sluigi123) GOLD Coming Soon!

Do you like this stage?

• Total voters

Kati

Smash Lord
I assumed that I already had a stage over pictochat, as I couldn't remember having played it in so long. I just tried subspace, and it is such an improvement. With boundary tweaks from the community/pmbr, the flicker fix, and other detail work, I personally would prefer this stage over Dracula's Castle.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I already know where the black flickering is coming from, but right now I'm tweaking the stage itself, and the flickering is the last of my concerns.:glare:
The stage in the next version will have a change-log.

Kati

Smash Lord
Definitely not for the official version. Download brawl box and try it yourself, it is a very handy skill to have to brawl modding.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
@Mithost: It is in sequential order. There will be everything that you need to know once I bring out the Change-Log between v1.0 to v1.1.

@Q7: How about trying out the stage that I have out in the download, and see what problems there are.

Kati

Smash Lord
what is so wrong with being able to go under the stage?
In this case, it goes against what people who are experienced with the stage know, aaaaaand... have you seen the stage? Where would the ceiling collisions go? there is no clear place it put it because its all misty and hazey, which would obscure the characters as they go under...

Nothing wrong with going under (unless repeatedly for stalling I guess), but this isn't a hand crafted stage, but modified one that is shaping out to be a fantastic addition.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
To tell you the truth, Kati is right about one thing, some stages' base is floating, others are just a big block, like WarioWare, Inc. for example. Not all of the stages will be floating for players to go under, just for stalling.

As for the Changelog from v1 to v1.1 will be coming out in the next couple minutes.

EDIT: The Change-Log for V1.1 is now in the OP. :) Go see it yourself.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
For the last few days I have been giving 5 hours to bug testing a day and I must say I have tried everything and can`t find one bug.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Well, that is a surprise. Although this isn't going to be the only version of the stage. I added one of the mysterious add-ons to my Subspace Emissary Pack, which will be in V2.

Kati

Smash Lord
Why would hard mode have larger boundaries? that just makes it easier for characters with the best recoveries/glides. I already shrunk them on my own build as 290 is far larger than even Final Destination's boundary values.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
The AI's know what they are doing. the reason I did that is because It is hard for all characters to be taken out, since most of the characters are very floaty in the first place. If you want to know how far the camera and death boundaries are, here's the list:

ex. Old -> New

Side Camera: 170 -> 200
Top Camera: 145 ->160
Bottom Camera: -50 -> -60
Side Death: 290 -> 350
Top Death: 245 -> 260
Bottom Death: -125 -> -135

Kati

Smash Lord
The AI's know what they are doing. the reason I did that is because It is hard for all characters to be taken out, since most of the characters are very floaty in the first place. If you want to know how far the camera and death boundaries are, here's the list:

ex. Old -> New

Side Camera: 170 -> 200
Top Camera: 145 ->160
Bottom Camera: -50 -> -60
Side Death: 290 -> 350
Top Death: 245 -> 260
Bottom Death: -125 -> -135
Unfortunately that's not really how character balance works. Making the boundaries bigger won't make it harder to ko a character if their recovery was bad to begin with. Larger boundaries simply favour characters like Peach, Jiggs, and the fliers, while having no effect on characters such as GW, Falcon, or Falco.

I'm not sure what your plans are for integrating the stage into the P:M community, but the stage won't be accepted if the boundaries are larger than Dreamland 64.

And I'm only being hard on you because I think this a fantastic stage. Thank you for responding to my questions so far.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Well, the bigger boundaries are for adventure mode, while the boundaries similar to Luigi's Mansion is for will be readjusted for VS mode stage. But, I might leave the boundaries in adventure mode the same, but I want everyone's opinion whether to leave the boundaries the same, or be like what my earlier post said.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
If the hard mode is just for SSE, then try to tailor each stage to the character. Give Pit and MK large boundaries to give them an advantage. Maybe give G&W close boundaries, so his mediocre recovery becomes less of a disadvantage. Look at what the players of each character think is the best kind of stage for that character, and then design each character's sage with that in mind. It's the only way to really make a hard mode for the shadow characters if you're only changing stages.

Kati

Smash Lord
ahh I did not know that there was going to be an adventure mode version.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
what is the point of a SSE version when SSE doesn`t work (very well) in project M because of 1. Balancing issues (SSE has separate balancing for the characters then in VS mode) 2. Buggy character select (1/3 of the finished SSE character select screen is ivysaur and when playing through story mode characters like Pokemon Trainer and Samus with suit make the game freeze) 3. constant mario/ivysaur override (whenever a character select shows up in a cutscene that has a character not in Project M and you pick that missing character you will either freeze the game or play as mario and the same thing happens when on a SSE overworld character select except you play as Ivysaur). I honestly think you should wait until they fix story mode before releasing hard mode.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
There was a few problems with the color set, and I need to get screenshots of the new update and the color set as well, meaning that the stage update and other extra stuff won't be out for another 3-5 hours.:urg:
Those of you who are wanting to get this, please be patient it will be done by the end of today.:ohwell:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey Sluigi123 I saw you on the show me your news livestream. Can`t wait for this update and I can`t wait to see what you do with this stage in the future.

Also I was looking at the OP and you said that the first version will be 4 colors: Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow are you still working on White and Rainbow for a later version? The rainbow one was my favorite and I really don`t want to see it go.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
The rainbow one will be a hard one, cause I don't have a better "paint" program, like Photoshop, and yes I'll still be working on it from time to time. Will start working on removing the black flickering soon after I update the download.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The rainbow one will be a hard one, cause I don't have a better "paint" program, like Photoshop, and yes I'll still be working on it from time to time. Will start working on removing the black flickering soon after I update the download.
Thank you. I just really like the idea of seizure mode... I mean a rainbow version.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
The download has been updated to v1.1, but the color pack is not out yet. It will be maybe tomorrow or in the weekend. Not sure when.:(

@ R@bid: I like your idea. I'll look up on the statistics of each character in the game, except Toon Link, Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Sonic.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
The download has been updated to v1.1, but the color pack is not out yet. It will be maybe tomorrow or in the weekend. Not sure when.:(

@ R@bid: I like your idea. I'll look up on the statistics of each character in the game, except Toon Link, Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Sonic.
I wouldn't look up the statistics specifically, since more goes into how boundraies effect characters than their weight and fall speed- things like recoveries, kill power, etc, and you may very well end up with a stage that isn't so hard a counter pick as you'd like. I'd more look at each character's subforums and see if they have any threads talking about stage counterpicks, and see what they're saying about what they like to have regarding stage boundaries, and probably stage size/plat layout as well, since those are pretty big too. If they don't have threads about that, you can always ask, since I'm sure they'll be happy to answer you.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The MenSelmapFrontStname (aka the texture for the name of the stage) doesn`t work. If I put it in my common5 or sc_selmap.pac it just appears as a bugged up mess in brawlbox and it is invisible completely in the actual game

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Did you put in the format "I4," the level of detail of "1," and having no palette (or HasPalette = False) whatsoever for the name, or did you just put the name in there and left it as is?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
When I put it in I have 2 options (Format: I4 & MIP Levels: 1) and after I have put it in brawlbox the picture is messed up and it says Format: I4, Level of Detail: 1, and HasPalette: False. I am using Brawlbox 0.68d and I have redownloaded this 14 times.

Other then this the update is near perfect as far as I have tested

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Very excellent level! I've always been hunting down neutral but different stages. It's nice to see some variation. But one thing I would like to suggest is maybe make the level slightly darker, in my opinion it would look a bit nicer.
Keep up teh good work

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
1. Do you have a backup of the previous version`s name texture 2. I have been trying it with every version of brawlbox I can find and it is still not working

Top Bottom