• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary (By: Sluigi123) GOLD Coming Soon!

Do you like this stage?

• Total voters

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
News Update!

V1.2 Has Been Released!
Enjoy!​

I still need someone to make a video of this stage, if anyone wouldn't mind. :(

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Due to my internet problems, the smaller version of the stages have been postponed to 8/23/13. I'm still working on the other packs, like testing the first Hard Mode Pack, brainstorming the Weird Version, and what not. By the time this problem is resolved, I'll be able to post again. I'm using my brother's laptop for this post.

EDIT: Problem solved. I can post again. :cool:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
By units, the upper blast-line is at 215, while the upper camera-line is at 145. In other words, the difference between them is 70. The lowest that I'm gonna put it is at 195 (which is 50 in difference). Do you want me to do that? (It seem fine to me as is.)

The reason the upper blast-line is pretty high is because some layouts make it so that players would die pretty easily.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
News Update!

V1.2 Has Been Released!
Enjoy!​

I still need someone to make a video of this stage, if anyone wouldn't mind. :(
I can make a video of this stage if you want. I'm not sure when I'd be able to do it cause I'm still trying to get my Smash sorted out for the 2.6b update. But if nobody else does it by then I'll make one... Or possibly a few.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
We can both sort this out since I'm about to release the smaller versions of these stages. ;)

I'll probably letting you be the first one to try out the smaller edition. :cool:

Doq

Smash Lord
Omg I can't hold my toungue any longer. The Crusade theme isn't the main theme, it is the Final Destination theme.
There I got it out.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
We can both sort this out since I'm about to release the smaller versions of these stages. ;)

I'll probably letting you be the first one to try out the smaller edition. :cool:
Nice! I haven't decided yet, but I'm either... actually yeah. I'll make a video of all the different colors as well. Not sure where I'm gonna put the stage just yet. I'll know once I finish getting my Project M back to the way I want it. I'll make a video for each color and then one video for the smaller version. How's that sound?

I might not be able to finish doing that until the end of this weekend. If not then, I'll be able to do it some time next week.

Edit: The videos of each different color will be put together and then a separate video for the smaller one.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
@ Amazerommu: The color pack isn't updated with the latest update of the original, yet. Besides, I'm gonna try and update the color pack to the original, special, and smaller versions of the stage. This'll probably take all night. :tired: I'll let you know when the smaller version will be ready. ;)

@DoctorKirby: I'll fix that.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
MORE NEWS!
1.2.5 Update!

My bad on my part on this...​
What is new in this update? Smaller Editions of both the original and the Special Edition has been added. Also the Camera-Boundaries and Blast-Lines have been readjusted in the Normal Versions of the two stages to be similar to Luigi's Mansion's Boundaries. While in the Smaller versions, the Blast-Lines have been untouched, while the Camera-Boundaries on both left and right sides are closer to the main stage for its size. As a cherry on top, I added 1 more song into the main pack! Go check that out, too! :)

Also, I'm taking a shot out of the dark on this but, sometime this weekend The Color Pack Will be up to date with the main pack, meaning this will have all 4 colors of the Original, Original/Smaller, Special, and Special/Smaller versions of the stage, making a total of 20 colored stages!

Once the color pack is up to date, THEN I can finish up the first Hard Mode Pack consisting of the first five Dark Characters you fight in the Great Maze!

;) Have Fun! ;)

Kati

Smash Lord
congratulations on the new release.

...but 215 is silly. Final destination has a ceiling height of 188, where as dreamland has 250, but is known as a stage with huge blastzones. Subspace has very high platforms which calls for more moderate blast zones due to how safe/campy players can be.

But I'm glad you scaled it down from 230 in 1.1. :)

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Now in 1.2.5, the upper blast-lines are at 200.

EDIT:
Amazerommu said:
Nice! I haven't decided yet, but I'm either... actually yeah. I'll make a video of all the different colors as well. Not sure where I'm gonna put the stage just yet. I'll know once I finish getting my Project M back to the way I want it. I'll make a video for each color and then one video for the smaller version. How's that sound?

I might not be able to finish doing that until the end of this weekend. If not then, I'll be able to do it some time next week.

Edit: The videos of each different color will be put together and then a separate video for the smaller one.
IMO, I'd suggest creating a video(s) in this order:
Original
Smaller Version of Original
Special
Smaller Version of Special
Colors (your order of choice)

This is just showing people how each version of the stages are different to one another, but that's just me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Question: Which one?
Answer: (Original) It may be Shun`s Yellow Lucario Texture, but I used it yesterday without a problem with the only change to my sd card was adding this stage. Sorry for not saying witch one earlier, it was pretty dumb of me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Answer: (Original) It may be Shun`s Yellow Lucario Texture, but I used it yesterday without a problem with the only change to my sd card was adding this stage. Sorry for not saying witch one earlier, it was pretty dumb of me.
Sorry for double posting (for some reason it wont let me edit my post) when I said I used it yesterday, I meant the lucario texture

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I need to look at that. Redownload it just in case.

EDIT: I forgot. Who wanted to have a Rainbow color for the stage(s)? Cause I just finished it.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
1 Bad News1 Good News

The bad news is the Black Flickering is back for vengeance and is being a pain to me for the rainbow texture, so the update for the color pack is at a complete halt until the more difficult version of the Black Flickering will be removed. :(

Here's the good news...

Even though I won't be able to bring out the new color pack yet, but what I'm going to show you is my main character for P:M in my Rainbow Texture version of my stage! :surprised:

So have a good look at it! ;)

210stuna

Smash Lord
Sluigi I tested out your original small Subspace Emissary stage, and aside from the black flicker. I love it.

It's a great stage for anyone's set-up and I'm glad you did it. I found two songs that go swell over it!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Now in 1.2.5, the upper blast-lines are at 200.

EDIT:

IMO, I'd suggest creating a video(s) in this order:
Original
Smaller Version of Original
Special
Smaller Version of Special
Colors (your order of choice)

This is just showing people how each version of the stages are different to one another, but that's just me.
Alright I'll do that. I also actually made videos for the Special version and all the different colors with the special version. I just replaced the textures for the updated one. But if you're going to update the colors and add the rainbow version then I'll go ahead and wait so that you have the most updated previews possible. Oh yeah I'll try to make sure they're long enough to show the all the layouts of the stage. And if it's okay I'll put the 2 Original videos together, and the 2 Special ones together, and then do a video for all the colors together. And these all use Battlefield's .rel file yes? So that once I put it over a stage, I can just switch between each version?

Also I did notice a small irregularity with the animation of the stages (not the black flickering). It might be what that one dood was talking about earlier. But the windy-ish looking animation thingy doesn't loop correctly. I've managed to pick it out a few times and usually notice it happening with regular settings, when the clock is down to somewhere in the 6 minute 40th second is when it loops. It either skips backward or skips forward... not sure. But I've definitely noticed it... Oh and by wind I don't mean the tornado thingies, but the sort of cloudy wind effect that covers the whole stage.

And I have also found a few tracks that I think go so schwell with this stage. Which reminds me, I love that you included Macho Grubba's music from PM: TTYD. I frickin love that game and love that boss for his music! lol
Also Crumbling Laboratory and Final Destination from Tales of Symphonia... You basically hit home on a lot of the games I play or used to play quite a bit! Thank you for that. :bee:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Sorry. I just noticed that this website is back up and running again. :)

Since you two have found some music that I haven't found that works well with my stage, you can list them to me via PM'ing.

@ Amazerommu:
  1. I know what you're trying to say, man. I'm quite surprised, that even I didn't noticed the bad looping of the textures for the base and floating platforms. Thank you for letting me know. The black flickering was still coming back to haunt me, again.
  2. You're correct my friend, it uses Battlefield's rel file, so yeah, you can switch between them via ASL.
  3. I try to find some music that fits the setting, style and/or the background running smoothly for the stage.
  4. I almost forgot, as far as I saw your post just now, you have the most updated colored pack as far as I know. Sometime this week, I'll give you the rainbow textures of the stage once I'm done darkening the background of the stage.
If any of you were wondering what I was doing during the DDOS, I was working on another fighting game, which you can see some previews of the game about 3 months ago. I'm taking a break off that game for a bit and continue on making the weird version of my stage. I'll show you one of the layouts sometime later this week.

My project playlist: "Street Fighter Alpha 4: Mega Mashing" YouTube Playlist

This game will have a thread on this website in the Misc. area or another website, but I'll let you know when the thread will be available. :cool:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I'm announcing that I'm gonna livestream today at around 3pm EST with my progress and its continuation of the weird version of the stage.

Here's the link: http://www.twitch.tv/sluigi1234

Hope to see you there!

EDIT Didn't allow me to place this again in the last post. :facepalm:

EDIT2: This has been postponed to a later date. I'll let you know when. :facepalm:

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
This will be consider a bump towards my perspective, because of this...

You think I'm gonna forget about this game? Ha...ha...ha...WRONG! I'm not just a fan of SSBC, but SSF2 as well. On top that, this song will be added along side with my stage pack. You'll not find this anywhere else, unless someone decides to bring up their version of the song.

Progress Status:

Original Stage: 87%
(Special version included) :)

Weird Version: 56% :ohwell:

Color Pack: 89% :)

I know. Not much progress.

OP has been updated as of now, meaning a couple rel files can used to go over these list of stages in the changelist!

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Does the platform location change in a random order like in the Castlevania stage, or do they go through the same cycle like the earlier version of this? I had downloaded this stage a while ago and, while it was still awesome, the platform placement was the same every time. Am I doing something wrong?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
It's been the same, just like Dracula's Castle, so in other words, no, you're not doing anything wrong.
How long does it take to cycle through everything? Just curious is all. I think I read a post here somewhere saying 8 minutes.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
Weird version is almost done. Was working on a lot of 64 stages for my Reality 64 Team. I'd expect to release it sometime this week.

Sluigi123

NNID
Sluigi123
I actually have enough time for this to happen!

Version 1.2.75
Release Date!

Tomorrow!
You heard me! This release is just around the corner! Also, the Crazy Edition of the stage will be included in the main pack! Speaking of November...
Final Release Date!
:):):) My Birthday! November 10th! :):):)
:surprised: :grin: :surprised:

Last edited:
Top Bottom