• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Dedede could be boss bait, I wouldn't mind that much. Metaknight makes for a much cooler PC.
Sakurai would have to be on drugs not to include King Dedede as a playable character. Sure I suspect he'll be a boss, but you will unlock him; that I have no doubts about. This could Sakurai's last Smash game, to not include the main boss of the series is such a dumb idea.

Metaknight may seem cooler to other but King Dedede is more important than he is overall.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, this brings any chances for Ridley being playable to a low amount. Either, he'll be revealed next week as a PC or as a boss. I'm hoping he's playable, but...going by Petey, I wouldn't be surprised.

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking, from what I've seen so far, that the SUBSPACE emissary story will be like this:

You'll start with JUST the ability to be Kirby for the first level (the Stadium), then, you'll fight Petey Pirahna. If you save Peach, she will become part of your party and you will be able to use her for the second level. Same thing goes for if you rescue Zelda. So then, on the second level (for sake of discussion, let's just say it's a Kid Icarus stage). There, you'll meet Pit in a cut-scene and then, for the new stage, you'll be able to use: Kirby, Peach/Zelda and Pit.

Eventually, you'll recruit or rescue every character in time for the final battle against the Ancient Minister.

(BTW, don't think I'm saying you'd start the ENTIRE GAME with just Kirby. I'm saying that IN THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY you will start with Kirby.)
I like your theory. :]

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
All thes guys complaining about Ridley and Dedede should realize that most Sakurai games usually have a plot twist at the end of it. It's apparent that the Minister doesn't care about the VILLIANS either, so Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dedede may eventually team up with the heroes to rid the multiverse of the Ancient Minister.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Well,it looks like Petey Piranha won't be a playable character anytime soon. I'm definitely going to save Peach. I'm a Mario main, so I feel I should. Zelda, meh.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Look what I noticed : (Sorry if someone has already pointed this out somewhere)

As you can see, Mario is going kung-foo on their ***.

So as you can see, there must be something you do before the Mario vs Kirby or Kirby vs Petey Piranha.

Edit: Or, maybe he manages to make his way back to the arena after that cannonball sends him away.
We know this is before the ancient minister arrives so it has to be before the cannonball.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
This is going to be the greatest video game in the history of video games.

I definitely like this idea of having boss battles with characters drawn from various game universes. It gives us a chance to see more classic characters who don't deserve a roster spot, or who would be unrealistic as playable characters (and yes, Petey is DEFINITELY unrealistic as far as a playable character. He just isn't worthy).

I wouldn't mind at all if Ridley, Dedede, and K. Rool were all bosses only, as long as they're in the game in some form. I also wouldn't mind to see any or all of them playable, and I wouldn't be surprised if playable bosses like Bowser and Ganondorf/Ganon show up in this mode as well. I'm also anxious to see who else is in. Maybe the Koopa Kids (all 7 would be AMAZING)? Maybe Kraid? Darknut from LoZ:TP?

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Max, nothing would make me happier than to see the 7 original Koopa Kids. I never understood why we haven't seen them again in years.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
Here's how I think the story will play out:

Mario and Kirby are having a friendly match in the arena when the Halberd, being driven by the Ancient Minister, appears to swallow the arena in subspace with a Subspace Bomb. He sees that Mario and Kirby who are potential threats are already there, and sends down an army of Prymids to attack them. Seeing this, Peach and Zelda come down to help fight. Then the first level begins, where I believe the fight will be either Mario vs the Prymids, or Mario, Kirby, Peach, and Zelda vs the Prymids.

Once all of the Prymids are destroyed, the Ancient Minister begins to get worried and sends down Petey Piranha as a Plan B. Petey succesfully knocks Mario into the distance with a canonball and captures Zelda and Peach, all while the Ancient Minister is starting the countdown to the Subspace Bomb. Kirby, noticing he's the only one left, begins to fight Petey Piranha. Then the second level begins where I believe the fight is Kirby vs Petey Piranha. The fight ends either when 3 minutes are up and the bomb detonates, or when Kirby saves one of the princesses. Then, the story branches out from there depending on who you save. This is a random idea of how the branched storyline might go:

Zelda:
Kirby manages to save Zelda, but Petey Piranha flies back into the Halberd with Peach. Kirby and Zelda watch Petey fly away, but then realize that the bomb is about to explode. They rush over to the bomb to stop it, but it's too late. Zelda grabs Kirby and teleports them both out of the arena and into the surrounding desert, where they watch the arena explode in subspace and the Halberd get away. They both then decide that they need to find Mario, and use him to help save Peach. The following level is a sidescroller with them both searching for Mario in the desert. You can swich off between Kirby and Zelda. Either that, or the story switches to Link and Yoshi watching the Halberd get away. OR, the story switches to Pit being told what's happening by Palutena.

Peach:
The same thing happens with the Zelda storyline, except Zelda is the one being kidnapped. Instead of them teleporting out of the arena though, Peach uses her magic parasol to fly up to the Halberd and latch on without the Ancient Minister knowing it. Kirby and Peach climb into the ship, and the following level is a sidescroller through the inside of the Halberd to find the cockpit and defeat the Ancient Minister. Something happens along the way though, and the two are dropped down from the Halberd into the forest or something. Either that or the story switches to Link and Yoshi, or it switches to Pit. Maybe with a Link storyline, he sees Zelda being captured and goes to pursue the Halberd? We won't know until Sakurai tells us...lol.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I tend to agree with the people who think that the new Adventure mode has a preset "script" so to speak that dictates what character you play at each stage. There are probably other one player modes where you get the traditional "Choose Your Character" screen, like Classic and All-Star. Something that resembles the Adventure Mode from Melee, where you go through fights/stages based on a particular universe, would be nice to have as well, since the new Adventure Mode seems to be set in some kind of neutral setting unspecific to any particular franchise.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Lol...lazy....

I'm just worried it'll be the "fake branching" that we all know so well in a lot of RPG's. Like, you're given the choice between going left or right in a dungeon, but you end up doing the exact same thing anyway, as it's just a way of making the game seem more non-linear, but it's really not.

Although Sakurai hasn't exaggerated too much, so if he says the story changes depending on the princess you save, then I'll agree with him.

[If Brawl was a "fake branching" storyline, you'd end up doing the exact same movements and stages whether you saved Peach or Zelda. Just for clarification.]

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Why didn't Zelda Up+B out of the cage, and why didn't peach throw turnips at Petey? Lazy...
Zelda teleporting move cannot go though solid objects ( cage walls ) and if you saw Peach's new Turnips there's not way in hell they're going to fit though the bars lol.

:/ of course it has to be cliche that they cannot help themselves.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
My account of the SE events:

While drinking lemonade and watching a casual fight, with her good friend, Princess Peach, Zelda made a casual remark about Kirby favouring her over Peach. Peach was enraged and claimed that Kirby liked her more. Peach called her good friend, Petey Piranha, and asked him to capture her and Zelda. Petey, having secretly fallen in love with the princess during super mario sunshine, hastily obliged. Upon Petey's arrival some guy dropped some bomb that really has no affect on the story. After getting Mario out of the way, Petey "captured" both Princesses, and challenged Kirby to free one of them. Both Princesses waited patiently, in their respective cages, for Kirby to settle their dispute once and for all.

The End.

Wreked

Smash Lord
O_O wat if the person you dont take.... becomes evil O_O
I was thinking of something like that. Like the unsaved one is controlled as a minion later in them game. Like if you leave Peach, you must beat her with Mario. Same goes for Zelda and Link.

And i'm hoping that sometime next week sakurai does any update for Bowser or ganondorf and saying something like he is also a boss in subspace. So then people can rest easy that Ridley and DeDeDe. But that might bring back the Petey fans but oh well. I just hope that ridley isn't bossified.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'm thinking, from what I've seen so far, that the SUBSPACE emissary story will be like this:

You'll start with JUST the ability to be Kirby for the first level (the Stadium), then, you'll fight Petey Pirahna. If you save Peach, she will become part of your party and you will be able to use her for the second level. Same thing goes for if you rescue Zelda. So then, on the second level (for sake of discussion, let's just say it's a Kid Icarus stage). There, you'll meet Pit in a cut-scene and then, for the new stage, you'll be able to use: Kirby, Peach/Zelda and Pit.

Eventually, you'll recruit or rescue every character in time for the final battle against the Ancient Minister.

(BTW, don't think I'm saying you'd start the ENTIRE GAME with just Kirby. I'm saying that IN THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY you will start with Kirby.)
Wow, that makes a lot of sense. I could definitely see it being something along the lines of what you've said. That'd be a pretty genius way to do the subspace emissary.

M.K

Level 55
What if the character you choose beforehand is the character that stands in Kirby's place? I think that sounds more reasonable, seeing as if you start out with Kirby EVERY TIME it would get stale-ish. I think Kirby was just a character they used for a filler position that could be held by anyone.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think you will always start with Kirby. Because if you start with Peach... then you will just be captured immediately. And they cannot make cutscenes with every character combination for the beginning movie. So I think you start with Kirby, but you can pick different paths.

Croco

Smash Lord
We may start with Mario and VS Kirby..
Mario wins.. and Kirby looses.
(Chapter Event Unlocked)
Peach and Zelda are captured..
You rescue Peach..
(Chapter Event Unlocked)

etc
etc
etc.

It might work like event mode.. though it's setup with "paths" instead of one list.
And to unlock new chapters we may have to unlock more characters.

One of the chapters might only involve Pit..
One might involve Meta Knight getting the halberd stolen from him.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I think that Petey takes the princess you don't save with him and you don't catch up to him because time's running out.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
AT least now this means Ridleys not playable :D
No it doesn't.

A possibility maybe, but you can not make such assumptions and state them as a fact with as little information as we have.

Top Bottom