• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stutter Step on a Wiimote + Nunchuck?

Owa5489

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone. I play competitively every weekend with a friend of mine at my house. We have always used the Wiimotes and nunchucks since Day 1.

Now... correct me if I'm wrong but don't the Gamecube controllers have an advantage over Wiimotes+Nunchucks? I was always under the impression that the C Stick was always stronger than a click of the D Pad and a direction... As if the C Stick attacks had their own, separate power behind they're moves.

So, besides an explanation if I'm wrong or right above, is it possible to do Mario's Stutter Step with a Wiimote?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In short, yes it is possible.

The basic premise of doing Mario's extended reverse F-smash is inputting a F-smash the first frame you turn around. This is easiest to do automatically on Wiimote + Nunchuck if you set the D pad to Smashes. If you don't, then you just have to be reeeealy technical.

Alternatively Shake Smash can accomplish the same thing, but I don't like it very much personally.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
inb4 SKidd gets an infraction point for minor spam
Happened to me last time :(

Also, you can do smash attacks by shaking the wiimote?

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I've only use the Wiimote + Nunchuck once since brawl came out, and i realiez i suck with it....heh

Top Bottom