• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

fred_

Smash Rookie
I feel like there is a lot more content for NTSC shiek and like nothing for PAL; am I missing a thread? I've only seen the Video critique one.

Also is it worth watching NTSC Shieks even though I'm PAL, or does it **** me up?

fred_

Smash Rookie
Also, My movement is pretty bad. I'd like to practise it, should i pick up a secondary like falcon or something? Will a faster character help my movement and can I put it over to my sheik?

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
If there were a Sheik shirt, would you like the phrase, "All's fair that ends in fair"? Perhaps with two periods at the end of it, kinda dark/mysterious/merciless vibe from the shirt. Perhaps printed on the front or in the back.

WPGLean

Smash Rookie
Hey new sheik player to smashboards! So this seems to have been a social thread, but looks like people are just asking anything they want so: How many top sheik players are active on this board these days? It's 2014 I would have expected many to quit but it seems you guys are still here! Also a gameplay question, my training partner plays marth, I have better tech than him in most situations however he destroys me with well timed spot dodges and always gets free hits/combo starters off of them. I am having trouble incorporating my own spot dodges into my play and I feel like there is nothing I can do vs his quick reaction spot dodges besides just not approach. Help! :D

King Destro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3780-8151
Also, My movement is pretty bad. I'd like to practise it, should i pick up a secondary like falcon or something? Will a faster character help my movement and can I put it over to my sheik?
If you wanna learn to be faster with Sheik, the best thing imo would be just to stay Sheik. I had that same inquiry to a friend who's a Falcon main and that's what he told me. I honestly think it's the best idea to learn to be fast with Sheik and not learn to be fast with some other character. It usually won't transfer over.

virtuososteve

Smash Apprentice
Who is everyone's favorite sheik player?
My favorite Sheik player to watch is Kirbykaze, Ice and M2K. All have very different styles and its interesting to see how they implement their flavor of sheik against opponents.

Also...

I am having a really hard time punishing a tech in place or getup shine against fox/falco. I am really good with following tech rolls but when they tech towards me or right next to me I get punished really hard. Also, how do you deal with a fox/falco where their pressure is literally TAS level. http://www.twitch.tv/azmeleecommunity/b/562625546 At first the is me warming up against a local falco player and then later on towards the end I play Axe's Fox and Falco. Its CRAZY!!! Any tips?

Last edited:

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
So yeah i got a question

is borp for real? I mean, that movement is just awful lol

Like, i don't understand how you can physically space vs a player with solid fundamentals with such a limited toolset, even if you're being extremely smart about it. Like, does his entire game revolve around hoping his opponent spaces badly in close quarters using rolls and spotdodges/fadeaway aerials so he can start an autocombo?

I'm notorious for not being able to assess skill level through videos but can someone share light on this lol

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Again tonight I hear someone call Sheik quote "a gay character" on stream.
Falcon is cool, Fox is cool, Marth is cool, Falco is cool etc etc.
But Sheik is a cheap, gay, unfair, non technical character that requires little to no effort.

I guess people are really salty for losing to Sheik.

I can't help but smirk and prepare a large FFA bowl with all the tears for y'all.
Take a sip! It sure is tasty

Last edited:

MooMoo_Cowfreak

Smash Rookie
Ice himself said he felt like to win with Sheik he would have to play in a sort of "gay" way. I wish I could find the interview, but I just can't. He was talking about beating an Ice Climbers player in grand finals with Fox though, that's why he mentioned it.

I don't agree with him, but even top Sheik players understand the sentiment.

[yung] Link

Smash Cadet
NNID
herooftimelink

i've also been thinking about doing some falcon practice lately. i'm already pretty proficient with falcon, i'm just not technical at all with him, so i was gonna start learning more of that.

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
So yeah IMA decent sheik but I feel like a borp I SUCK at wave dashing and I hear that's one of the biggest things to a sheik help please

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Alright, what's your main problem? Are you wavedashing in a triangle or are you sorta air dodging in a different direction? What the problem is could come down to various different factors but the main thing is to not get right into it. Start with jumping to any height and then when you feel like it, air dodge diagonally down. Just practice that for even ten minutes every day or something and air dodging sooner, practice makes perfect.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Once upon a time (June last year) I had a rival. He would win every single match. In our small community of newcomer smashers he named himself: The Final Boss.
The other day he gave up after just 5 minutes. He couldn't handle getting 3-stock'd anymore

Last edited:

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
That's pretty crappy. It's definitely very tough to constantly get 3-stocked or 4-stocked consistently. That's been the case with me when I play my mates ever since I met them in December. It can be quite mentally straining but hey, if you get past that then you get really good. Must have been fun getting him pretty salty though, I can't wait until I get that good.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
He used to consistantly 3-4 stock me. And now that's reversed. Now how cool would be it if it flipped once again?
I find it really tough to believe it would be possible. It has to do with the fact that he doesn't practice tech, mental practice, analyse or study the game at all. Soon enough it WILL turn into consistant 4-stocks, I am pretty sure.
I sure hope he doesn't ge discouraged enough to stop playing.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
I'm actually sad that there's no more players in my region that can 3 stock me consistently, since those players are very good to practice against. When I joined the scene 1,5 year ago, our best player used to 3-4 stock me for hours running, and that made me improve rapidly. Nowadays we have closer games, though he still wins vast majority of them.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I'm actually sad that there's no more players in my region that can 3 stock me consistently, since those players are very good to practice against. When I joined the scene 1,5 year ago, our best player used to 3-4 stock me for hours running, and that made me improve rapidly. Nowadays we have closer games, though he still wins vast majority of them.
How about playing ranked netplay?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
So I just heard on the MIOM stream that apparently there is a Sheik player facebook group called 20TUTU (great name :D)
It's private atm and no way to read the stuff that is being discussed.
Most of all the top sheiks are active on there. Tafo said they want to keep it private for now in order to keep the info legit, which is fine and all, but at least let the rest of us read it.
Illuminatutu confirmed!!

Jackson

Smash Lord
So I just heard on the MIOM stream that apparently there is a Sheik player facebook group called 20TUTU (great name :D)
Most of all the top sheiks are active on there. Tafo said they want to keep it private for now in order to keep the info legit, which is fine and all, but at least let the rest of us read it.
Illuminatutu confirmed!!
Yeah, that would be a hell of a read.

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Illuminatutu confirmed!!
Man, I'm really curious as to what's in there. Probably just a back room and normal banter but hey, any banter and I'm in.

dj_red_lantern

Smash Rookie
So guys I just realized that teching is the most important thing in the game, it is a big part of the combo game. So much comes down to how you mix up your techs and how your opponent mixes up your their techs. You need to have all the tech lengths downloaded into your brain and know how to punish them as well as possible. In order to do that you must be patient and actually think about how your opponent is teching. Realizing this has made my combo game so much better and consistent. I am now starting to get some very legit zero to deaths. I highly recommend just spending time in your next play session to just think about how you and your opponent are teching, if you aren't doing that yet.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
So guys I just realized that teching is the most important thing in the game, it is a big part of the combo game. So much comes down to how you mix up your techs and how your opponent mixes up your their techs. You need to have all the tech lengths downloaded into your brain and know how to punish them as well as possible. In order to do that you must be patient and actually think about how your opponent is teching. Realizing this has made my combo game so much better and consistent. I am now starting to get some very legit zero to deaths. I highly recommend just spending time in your next play session to just think about how you and your opponent are teching, if you aren't doing that yet.
What did the red pill taste like?

Top Bottom