• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter V

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I was really disappointed with Ryu and Necalli in the story. Both of them barely ever showed up and I was really hoping that Necalli would've played a much bigger role in it and was the final boss of it instead.
I agree, it was odd, I think Necalli deserved more. Even if just a soulless monster, he should've shown up more... like fought somebody directly besides Dhalsim and Ryu.
I don't feel he should've been the final boss though, as Bison always felt like the main SF baddie to me (aside from Gill). Speaking of Bison/Necalli, I wonder what exactly Necalli's role in Bison's "plan" was... I suppose to help Ryu master the Hado, as Bison seemed more than anything to want the ultimate battle between himself and Ryu?

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I agree, it was odd, I think Necalli deserved more. Even if just a soulless monster, he should've shown up more... like fought somebody directly besides Dhalsim and Ryu.
I don't feel he should've been the final boss though, as Bison always felt like the main SF baddie to me (aside from Gill). Speaking of Bison/Necalli, I wonder what exactly Necalli's role in Bison's "plan" was... I suppose to help Ryu master the Hado, as Bison seemed more than anything to want the ultimate battle between himself and Ryu?
Honestly when Necalli showed up to fight Bison I really thought at first that you would play as Necalli and he would beat Bison and then he would be the final boss, but as soon as I saw I was playing as Bison for that fight I felt disappointed and I knew for the rest of the story he was just going to be kind of a pushover.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I think my favorite part of the story was when Helen got mad at Nash so she says that he'll die soon, and Nash is just like "yeah, I know" without even caring. That part was just so epic.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I like how Urien's whole role in the story was to walk into the room, call everyone gay, and kick Charlie's **** in.

And show up on a rooftop and call Helen gay again.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think my favorite part of the story was when Helen got mad at Nash so she says that he'll die soon, and Nash is just like "yeah, I know" without even caring. That part was just so epic.
After dying countless times in various Street Fighter media, he's probably used to it by now. Although, is this really the same Charlie we know? Because Urien's story mode seems to indicate that this "Nash" is just some soulless...thing with a Charlie-colored coat of paint. The whole thing with Charlie supposedly coming back to life but being dead but not really being Charlie was needlessly complicated, if you ask me. The nail in the coffin is that they just kill him/it/Charlie/Nash/Twelve off at the end anyway.
I was really disappointed with Ryu and Necalli in the story. Both of them barely ever showed up and I was really hoping that Necalli would've played a much bigger role in it and was the final boss of it instead.
Necalli I agree with; the story would've been just fine (if not better) had he not been in it. However, I kind of like that Ryu wasn't the focus here. I like that instead the spotlight was on Karin and Rashid, two likeable characters who actually needed the screentime.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Karin's role in the story ticked me off because at some points it felt like it was just her doing everything. Rashid stole the show and I'm glad he showed up a lot, however. Though him
basically doing what Cammy's whole purpose was (freeing the dolls)
was dumb.

Speaking of story flaws, it's amazing how Capcom was like "We couldn't think of a way to fit Sodom into the story." but Alex, Urien, Guile, Laura, Ibuki, and Birdie don't really do anything. Alex is understandable because III is his story, but the others have no real excuse.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Necalli I agree with; the story would've been just fine (if not better) had he not been in it. However, I kind of like that Ryu wasn't the focus here. I like that instead the spotlight was on Karin and Rashid, two likeable characters who actually needed the screentime.
I wasn't really thinking of having Ryu as the focus, just rather have him have more of a presence in the story. I liked how they gave Rashid a lot of screen time (I actually wish there were more times you got to play as him), but I was so tired of playing as Karin by the time I got to act 3. I honestly don't find Karin to be all that likable never been a fan of rich snobs even if they are not a bad guy.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wasn't really thinking of having Ryu as the focus, just rather have him have more of a presence in the story. I liked how they gave Rashid a lot of screen time (I actually wish there were more times you got to play as him), but I was so tired of playing as Karin by the time I got to act 3. I honestly don't find Karin to be all that likable never been a fan of rich snobs even if they are not a bad guy.
Karin's not a snob anymore. She occasionally says snobbish things, but she treats everybody equal for the most part, regardless of their social class.

As for Ryu, what could he really have done? He's not out to kill Bison like Charlie or Chun-Li, he lets Ken take his spot among the World Warriors, and considering that Gouken and Akuma aren't in this game, Ryu really doesn't have a purpose aside from staring at his fist every time someone talks to him.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Karin's not a snob anymore. She occasionally says snobbish things, but she treats everybody equal for the most part, regardless of their social class.
I don't know to me she comes off as an annoying snob.

As for Ryu, what could he really have done? He's not out to kill Bison like Charlie or Chun-Li, he lets Ken take his spot among the World Warriors, and considering that Gouken and Akuma aren't in this game, Ryu really doesn't have a purpose aside from staring at his fist every time someone talks to him.
Yeah I feel that if they would've done more with Necalli he would easily be able to give Ryu a much better role in the story.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't know to me she comes off as an annoying snob.
Then you'd really hate her in Alpha 3. There, she's a real snob.

Yeah I feel that if they would've done more with Necalli he would easily be able to give Ryu a much better role in the story.
I will say, though, that scene where Necalli tried to take Ryu's soul was pretty cool. It was a nice little nod to what Gouken's been teaching him, too.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I know I've already asked this question within my earlier post, but since Mai Shiranui of King of Fighters/Fatal Fury is confirmed to be a guest character within Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, do you think there will be a guest character for SFV?

Also, seeing that they do have a panel lined up within EVO and San Diego Comic con which takes place this month, can we expect any new info for SFV?

Twewy

Smash Lord
Probably not, unless they're from the shared universes of Final Fight, Saturday Night Slam Masters, or Rival Schools.

Someone from Tekken, Frank West, Asura, or Gene would make me wet though.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Someone from Tekken, Frank West, Asura, or Gene would make me wet though.
How wo- nevermind. I could see Heihachi or Asura in SFV, though. Of course, first they have to finish the characters that belong in the game.

Twewy

Smash Lord
How would Frank West work, you possibly thought? Well, a lot of his Dead Rising 1 hand to hand arsenal was Street Fighter moves. Plus he could have a lot of grappling moves. The ones that weren't stuff like jump kicks and karate chops were wrestling moves.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
New content confirmed:

https://pvplive.net/c/capcom-reveals-cpt-crowdfunding-dlc-package-and-mo

• CPT Bundle, includes new colors and a new arena stage
  • M. Bison's SFII stage will be coming
  • SFIII Ibuki along with SFIII Alex coming (includes his jacket from his New Generation ending).
  • Survival colors will now be purchasable
  • They are looking into the 8 frame delay
I'm mainly excited for the Alex costume. Now I don't have to play as his french-fry haired alt!

Also, let's take a moment to laugh at this incredibly fake "leak." :joyful:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Can we please get the Thailand stage? Is that too much to ask?
New content confirmed:

• SFIII Ibuki along with SFIII Alex coming (includes his jacket from his New Generation ending).
I'm mainly excited for the Alex costume. Now I don't have to play as his french-fry haired alt!

To be honest, I might've believed it if it hadn't been for Sodom.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I knew it was fake as soon as I saw Oro's pic, which is just his 3rd Strike OE artwork. On top of that, Abel's is his SFxT artwork, Sodom's is his Final Fight artwork, and Q's is his 3rd Strike artwork. If you're going to make a leak, at least try to put some effort into it.

To be honest, I might've believed it if it hadn't been for Sodom.
I could actually see Sodom appearing in SFV, since he's one of the few Alpha characters that isn't in SFIV or SFV. Ono said a while back that he considered adding Sodom, but didn't because they didn't know how to fit him into the story. Seeing as how Alex and Ibuki's stories weren't that important to the overall plot, they could probably find a way to squeeze Sodom in there.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I knew it was fake as soon as I saw Oro's pic, which is just his 3rd Strike OE artwork. On top of that, Abel's is his SFxT artwork, Sodom's is his Final Fight artwork, and Q's is his 3rd Strike artwork. If you're going to make a leak, at least try to put some effort into it.

I could actually see Sodom appearing in SFV, since he's one of the few Alpha characters that isn't in SFIV or SFV. Ono said a while back that he considered adding Sodom, but didn't because they didn't know how to fit him into the story. Seeing as how Alex and Ibuki's stories weren't that important to the overall plot, they could probably find a way to squeeze Sodom in there.
Maybe, but I highly doubt they'd put Sodom in before Guy, and they'd probably add a character more important to the story, like Gouken or Viper or maybe even Decapre first. Nor do I think they would put Sagat at the end of the season.

Part of me kinda wishes it was real, though, because I really do want Rose and Sagat back.

Twewy

Smash Lord
As long as he isn't like O.Sagat.

TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER
TIGER

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I know Capcom isn't the best when making decisions, but this is getting ridiculous now...

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/754009786673266688

$10 for ONE stage (and no you can't buy it with FM)

I seriously wonder what is going through their minds when making this kind of stuff.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
They must've lost their minds, charging $6 for a costume. Who in their right mind would buy that?

FallenHero

Smash Ace
New content confirmed:

I've never seen that fake leak until now and honestly I got really hyped for a second when I saw this post before I read the last part lol. I am really glad that they are bringing back classic costumes and looking into the 8 frame input delay. My only problem is that they have not made all the costumes purchasable with FM.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I pity the poor suckers that bought the so-called "Season Pass." They got screwed six ways from Sunday.
"You get everything in this season in advance. Except for this. And this. And this. And that."

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I know Capcom isn't the best when making decisions, but this is getting ridiculous now...

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/754009786673266688

$10 for ONE stage (and no you can't buy it with FM)

I seriously wonder what is going through their minds when making this kind of stuff.
The pricing is pretty questionable. But out of all of the contents within "Capcom Pro Tour" bundle, I'm only interested at the costumes for now. The stage does look pretty good, but I'll consider whether I want to get it or not with that price.

Either way, there have been a load of negative comments regarding to the pricing of this bundle browsing around other different forums.

It is sort of disheartening to see Capcom's pricing methods for this, at the same time I think they have a lot of redemption to do in order to appese this negativity.

I'm also starting to worry about the future of Capcom fighting games as well, but I really hope that they do not use the SFV process for their future games (since I am still hoping to see a new Darkstalkers game and a new Marvel Vs Capcom sequel) and I really hope they can address and continue to listen to fan and community feedback as much as possible.

EDIT: As for the $25 price tag on the whole bundle, as I've stated above, I am only interested in the costumes and maybe the stage since I have no plans on buying the entire bundle. I only get DLC content if it is something that I am appealed to and interest me.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If this were the first time Capcom did an overpriced DLC, I might forgive them. Unfortunately, Capcom has done this a lot in the past, such as charging money for cheat codes in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and the whole SFxT on-disk fiasco. I will never understand why they don't learn from their mistakes.

I'm also starting to worry about the future of Capcom fighting games as well, but I really hope that they do not use the SFV process for their future games (since I am still hoping to see a new Darkstalkers game and a new Marvel Vs Capcom sequel) and I really hope they can address and continue to listen to fan and community feedback as much as possible.
It'll probably be a while until they make a new fighting game, since SFV is still in beta :smirk:.

But in all seriousness, I would kill for Capcom vs SNK 3 or MvC4.

Twewy

Smash Lord
MvC4 would be nice after Marvel lifts the ban on characters whose movie rights are owned by FOX.

Until then, WHEN'S GOD HAND 2?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If this were the first time Capcom did an overpriced DLC, I might forgive them. Unfortunately, Capcom has done this a lot in the past, such as charging money for cheat codes in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record and the whole SFxT on-disk fiasco. I will never understand why they don't learn from their mistakes.

It'll probably be a while until they make a new fighting game, since SFV is still in beta :smirk:.

But in all seriousness, I would kill for Capcom vs SNK 3 or MvC4.
I'm just hoping that this overpriced DLC of the "Capcom Pro Tour" will serve as a one-off mistake that they will take in and learn from this, so who knows at this point? But they do need to put all the loose screws together to prevent any further damage done.

I am aware that Capcom is doing everything they could to improve the communication with their fans and community and hopefully they will see the comments regarding the pricing and take in the feedback as a way to reconsider their pricing for future bundles/packages.

In regards to MvC4, even though we are ways off, I still think it will happen eventually considering the fan interest gauging to Marvel if I recall. In addition, even though Ono is still striving to get a new Darkstalkers game happening, I would really love to see that. As I said about their future fighting games, I just hope they don't make the same mistakes they've done with SFV.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Man what is it with Japanese game companies and ass backwards business practices? Capcom, Konami, and even Nintendo to an extent. Man Japanese share holders ruin everything :/

On the other hand I started using Bison today in SFV. It is kind of hard to practice with him online because I don't want to play ranked with him until I am confident in playing as him against others so that I don't lose my rank and in everyone in casual match is way better at the game than me. I had to look it up on google on how the hell I was supposed to do Bison's trial 7, I didn't know his V trigger lets you combo into his charge moves without charging them.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, there are a number of matches that I enjoyed watching.

Also, kudos to LI Joe for making it into the top 8 and I reckon Infiltration will win this year's tournament. Too bad we won't be seeing a rematch between him and Tokido.

Anyways, I do hope they have something better to show next week at San Diego Comic-con, since they are scheduled to have a panel there.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Rather than MvC4, how about Nintendo vs. Capcom? If you ask me, that's long overdue.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I dunno, I'm a sucker for Marvel comics anyways...

Iron Fist for SFV when?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I'm all up for MvC4.

However during the SNK panel, I believe there were people requesting Capcom Vs SNK 3.

Anyways getting back on topic, I know Capcom can't really catch a break with the "Pro Tour" bundle controversy, but I do hope they have something planned to appese this otherwise it will only make them really bad.

Also, I wonder if there is any chance they will do an artbook for SFV eventually?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I was up last night watching EVO on ESPN. It was great to watch, even though most of it consisted of Nash and Chun-Li matches (I don't think there was a single match in the top 8 that didn't have at least 1 of them). I wanted LI Joe to win but was still satisfied with Infiltration's victory.

It's a shame Capcom didn't use the giant stage to show off Juri or Urien. All we got was a small confirmation that Juri will be playable shortly. They could have sold even more people onto the game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I was up last night watching EVO on ESPN. It was great to watch, even though most of it consisted of Nash and Chun-Li matches (I don't think there was a single match in the top 8 that didn't have at least 1 of them). I wanted LI Joe to win but was still satisfied with Infiltration's victory.

It's a shame Capcom didn't use the giant stage to show off Juri or Urien. All we got was a small confirmation that Juri will be playable shortly. They could have sold even more people onto the game.
I didn't really expect Juri to come out at the end of this month and I highly expect a trailer of her to be shown at San Diego Comic-con (which is this Thursday.) I guess that means Urien will probably be next month's character and that will possibly be the end of Season 1.

Also to sum up this year's EVO tournament:

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Juri trailer, she'll be available this Tuesday:

I still can not get over how disappointing her critical art is.

Off topic but does anyone wanna play me sometime? I have no friends who own SFV and wanted to get some good experience. I use Alex and Birdie (and a bit of Guile and Balrog) if that helps.

Top Bottom