• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Story Mode & Adventure Mode~ Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The enemies really stunk and looked stupid and childish.
Agreed my smash brother!
For this one, I would love to just simply get the villians against the good guys and fight classic enemies, a la Goombas, Koopa Troopers, Waddle Dees, Octorocks, Badniks, Kremlins, etc.
It would be pretty awesome if common Pokémon like :012:, :015:, :016:, :017:, :018:, and so forth would be awesome common enemies. I haven't seen that mentioned. :bee:
I also think the levels need to be very creative. Have a Mario signature level and then one like a Kirby level, etc.
I think the story/adventure mode should have more influence from 2D platform/side scrolling games and series, like the many 2D Mario series, Donkey Kong, DKC, Zelda II, 2D Metroid games, 2D Yoshi games, 2D Kirby games, the 2D Metal Gear games, 2D Sonic games, and possibly even 2D various Mega Man series' games and 2D Castlevania games.
Voice acting isn't always the best answer though. Subtitles would work much better when you think it over.
Not necessarily. I mean, there is no reason characters who talk with actual voice actors in their games. You know, characters like :samusbrawl:/:zssbrawl:, :foxbrawl:, :falcobrawl:, :wolfbrawl:, :mewtwomelee:, :lucariobrawl:, :ptbrawl:, :snakebrawl:, :sonicbrawl:, and maybe :mariobrawl:, :luigibrawl:, :drmario:, :peachbrawl:, :kirbybrawl:, and :metaknightbrawl:. This could add depth to the story (and it is easier to hear things and translate what they mean than read it), and adds a lot of "fun moments" for the fans. That's what smash is about; fun and the fans. Now if :linkbrawl: were to start talking, that would be some creepy stuff! :laugh:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Turning Pokemon into enemies would seem rather odd if you asked me. Sure there could be the occasional boss Pokemon, but apart from that, most Pokemon should just be portrayed as Poke Ball Pokemon.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well it's not that odd, wild pokemons attack you in pokemons game don't they ? Also these pokemons don't have to be pokeball pokemon to be in the adventure mode, after all goombas and other bill balls were not assist trophy or items in brawl. Also you can still use pokeball pokemons as foes like the hammer bros was both assist trophy and foe in brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well it's not that odd, wild pokemons attack you in pokemons game don't they ? Also these pokemons don't have to be pokeball pokemon to be in the adventure mode, after all goombas and other bill balls were not assist trophy or items in brawl. Also you can still use pokeball pokemons as foes like the hammer bros was both assist trophy and foe in brawl.
I guess I just only see one Pokemon be portrayed as an enemy in Adventure Mode. Subspace Emissary had Rayquaza, but for here, a very hostile Pokemon would be a strong bet; Kyurem would be a good example.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I indeed see Kyurem as a boss. If you don't like the idea about wild pokemons what do you think about fighting pokemons being summons by Team Plasma grunts ?

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Voice acting in the next adventure mode doesn't seem likely for me. I mean, there's a reason that Sakurai didn't do it in the last one.

1. :robbrawl: :gwbrawl: :ganonbrawl: :toonlinkbrawl: :zeldabrawl: :sheikbrawl: :yoshibrawl: :linkbrawl: :diddybrawl: :dkbrawl: don't talk/have never talked before. (Zelda Voice-Acting is STILL a controversial topic)

2. I don't think people enjoyed :mariobrawl: :bowserbrawl: when they got the "full-on dialogue" voice acting treatment.

3. Even if you give character's like :lucasbrawl: :nessbrawl: :icsbrawl: :ptbrawl: a voice, you have the chance of a bunch of people going "That's not how I imagined their voice" or flat out can't stand the voice acting.

4. They're Toys/Trophies. Maybe because of this, Sakurai might even come out and say this is the reason why they don't talk

It seems way too difficult to implement/execute for Sakurai to even consider :/ I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the way of Miyamoto/Aonuma and say it wouldn't be fair to have half of the characters talk, the other half mute.

I guess you could go the way of Pokemon anime treatment for :robbrawl: :gwbrawl: :yoshibrawl: :diddybrawl: :dkbrawl: :kirbybrawl: (They don't talk but Characters still understand them).
As much as I don't see it happening, I think this would be the solution. The only problem might be the Zelda characters, maybe even just Link.

If you have Subtitles, you still might encounter a problem with Link. For Link has always been, 'the player' himself. (Maybe just make him a silent and mysterious, character haha then it might work)

Actually I think Link is the one that killed the chance of voice acting lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I indeed see Kyurem as a boss. If you don't like the idea about wild pokemons what do you think about fighting pokemons being summons by Team Plasma grunts ?
Then that would likely work out better, since the Pokemon are being utilized by an evil organization.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The voice acting is the thing that makes it a bit of a problem, some of the characters you mentioned like DK and the Zelda characters as well as Yoshi apart from Link did talk quite a bit in their series. It's just a matter of Sakurai/ Nintendo/ Whoever handles the scripts knows which Actor is suitable to voice which character. And of course not everyone will have the same opinion on which voice fits who. I think they should just keep it to subtitles and let everyone just talk in grunts, gibberish or perhaps even in Japanese? I don't know really... Or just keep them all mute and they should just try to be able to make it clear about whatever is going on.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Dialogue boxes would probably be the best way to go for SSE dialogue, for both the budget and so that we don't have to deal with the likes of DK, Diddy, and Bowser. Those three are particularly awkward, because they talk all the time, but only in text, and very rarely have voice acting. When they do, it's typically been just for a couple lines. The one time Bowser had full voice acting in Sunshine everybody hated it, and he was back to using dialogue boxes by the next game.

And yes, as far as mute characters, I assume that they can just grunt or whatever and other characters will interpret it as speech, at least in the cases of Mario and Link. For prime examples of this, all you need to do is look at the Paper Mario games, where he just raises his hand whenever he would speak.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, I think Luigi and Mario talking (a little bit) would be humorous. We all have heard their voice actor (the same guy) speak before. Maybe Wario could speak, too! :)

As for non-speaking characters, give them subtitles. For Link (and maybe Captain Olimar), just make them say nothing.

However, I will say if there is dialogue that the English voice acting can't suck like it did in Brawl (and kinda Melee) again. It's gotta be up to the Japanese Brawl voice acting quality.
Turning Pokemon into enemies would seem rather odd if you asked me. Sure there could be the occasional boss Pokemon, but apart from that, most Pokemon should just be portrayed as Poke Ball Pokemon.
While I agree most Pokémon should be Pokéball Pokémon, a few common Pokémon like a Rattata and the ones I mentioned would be nice. That and I want to respond to going into a cave in smash by saying what I say in Pokémon: "IF I RUN INTO ANOTHER FREAKING ZUBAT I'M GOING TO THROW MY GAMEBOY ACROSS THE ROOM!!!" :laugh:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
A SSE successor should do what the Adventure Mode did that made it a lot more charming than the SSE - use worlds from the original games, rather than coming up with a bland one. It would be harder, yes, but I would be fine even if they did something like "lol they're just right next to each other". That makes sense if they bring back the whole child-playing-with-toys aspect.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
For the Wii U version I think it'd be interesting if they went for a Kirby Superstar style & had multiple short adventures instead of 1 big plot. Each mini adventure would focus on a different crossover & maybe a different theme. Like a sci-fi theme with Fox, Samus & Falcon.

3DS version's a whole different story, it has to be designed around the character leveling element. It would be focused a whole more on playing a single character for hours & grinding against AI opponents. Perhaps something like Dissidia Final Fantasy where most of it is spent fighting low-AI fighting polygon team & "real" characters serve as boss encounters.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Why not use them as both enemies and Pokeball Pokemon? No need to put them to waste when you can get more mileage out of 'em, and when there's so much to make it'd be an effective way to cut corners. Sakurai already did this with the Hammer Bro enemy/assist trophy in Brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why not use them as both enemies and Pokeball Pokemon? No need to put them to waste when you can get more mileage out of 'em, and when there's so much to make it'd be an effective way to cut corners. Sakurai already did this with the Hammer Bro enemy/assist trophy in Brawl.
The Hammer Bros. are part of the Koopa Troop, so that's understandable. I guess in terms of finding potential enemy characters, Pokemon really isn't a franchise that I had in mind; a boss Pokemon is an exception though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I had written this post before, but frickin' Bad Gateways made me lose it before I could post it. Anyways, here are my core ideas for improving the Adventure Mode in both story and gameplay, updated from my old notes. I will continue updating them over time.

Warning: It's a big post. Some may struggle to read it all.

[COLLAPSE="Improving Adventure Mode (BIG POST)"]Improving Adventure Mode

Make Adventure Mode Unlockable: Adventure Mode should not be available at the start. Instead, the mode would be a reward for unlocking all of the hidden characters in the game. The intention of this move is mainly to prevent the mode from becoming a cheap, easy way to unlock all the characters as it was in Brawl's SSE. However, the move would also give players a very big reward for putting in the effort to unlocking the characters - they could now see those characters in action in an awesome storyline. Also, you can get to experience the classic and memorable "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" screens more than you probably did in Brawl.

Replacing Adventure Mode as a starting mode would be the old All-Star mode. Yes, the mode will begin with less characters to combat at start since you haven't unlocked anyone. But as you unlock characters through various means including this mode now, those characters will be added into All-Star mode, and the mode will become progressively harder and longer. I have more ideas for this mode, but the topic is Adventure Mode.

Improved, More "Nintendo-ified" Story: I don't need to expand on this idea since it's an obvious improvement most people agree with. What I will do is link to this man's excellent proposals for a premise for the Adventure Mode storyline; he has many amazing ideas. One idea I would like to repeat from Hex's ideas is the increased use of humor in the story. This is a game featuring a bunch of odd video game characters thrown together onto stages and set to battle each other; it doesn't have to be serious about itself all the time. For a fun example, Ness could try to use PK Fire on an enemy Wizzrobe in a cinematic, only for the Wizzrobe to reflect the attack with magic. Ness dodges, but Luigi isn't so lucky and seconds later is panicking with flames licking off the back of his pants.

Stories & Gameplay Individualized by Characters: Suppose you choose Adventure Mode in the menu. Then you enter a character selection screen and choose your character like any other fighting mode. Then you enter Adventure Mode, but you'll only be playing through the eyes and experiences of your chosen character. For example, you choose Mario. You'll then only play through the levels, fight the bosses, and witness story events that Mario encounters - you will not be distracted by what Pikachu is doing on the other side of the world unless it directly relates to Mario's story. To put it simply, you'll only experience that character's slice of the story when you choose that character.

The point of individualizing the experiences down to each character is to increase replayability. No character will traverse the exact same terrains or experience the exact same events as another character. Some levels and bosses would be events exclusive to certain characters which the other characters are not going to face. Players will be encouraged to experiment and play with all the characters on the roster to experience the full breadth of Adventure Mode. The individualization would also add greater detail to the storyline. Falco is not going to react and feel about events the same way Ness will, even if they meet early on and stick together for much of the story. With individualized storylines, you can explore the personalities of each character more and deepen the overall over-arching story.

There would points in a character's part of the plot where you cannot progress further until certain requirements are met, since I don't want players to end the entire storyline with one character in one playthrough. The requirement is simply that you play as other characters in the roster and play through their stories in the mode up until those "No Pass" points; after a couple characters or so, you can continue with your own character again until another point in the plot is met, or until you reach the end of the Adventure Mode storyline for your character. You will not be required to play as every other character to finish Adventure Mode with your own character, but a reasonable number.

Metroidvania Level Design: If you've played the classic Metroid and Castlevania titles, you are aware of the immense open-world design of the worlds in these games. This same open-ended level design, where every part of the world could link seamlessly to another, should apply to levels in SSB4's Adventure Mode.

For example, you're playing as Link in a forest level. While running across the forest floor, you notice a part of the ground with recently dug-up soil. You jump and use Link's Dair to smash through the weak soil and fall into a cave. Traversing this cave leads you outside to a grove with a Sky Cannon from TP. You can use the Sky Cannon to launch yourself up into Skyworld and explore the Skyworld level, which you may not even explore through in Link's main storyline.

Almost every level would link up with others in some way, and you, the player, could discover all the caves, chambers, and levels that connect them all together. A world map for Adventure Mode would only still exist for convenience, now that a player could technically travel most of the world with in one playthrough.

Limitations to exploration still need to be applied. These limitations would be implemented by way of character-specific obstacles (thanks to KumaOso for inspiring this idea). For example, there is a crawl space connecting two areas that only characters with the ability to crawl can use. For a more character-specific example, a certain switch on the ground is only activated by the power of Nayru's Love, or you need Pit to strike an otherwise unreachable target with his bow. Also, any additional levels you explore with a character do not add to that character's story; the levels specifically part of the character's plot are the only ones contributing to that character's plot.

BTW, the Metroidvania level design also means there should be plenty of secret areas. These secret areas could be very unique; for example, what if Mario discovers a hidden door that leads to a Super Mario Sunshine-type platforming challenge area? Board the Platform levels could be implemented as secret areas in Adventure Mode; once you discover a certain number, you unlock Board the Platforms as a Stadium mode. Another secret area could be a hard-to-find cavern that is the underground home of the NPC Muddy Mole (more on NPC's later).

Unlockables & Secret Goodies: Adventure Mode should be littered with ennumerous unlockables; trophies, stickers, music CD's, even new stages and game modes. Some unlockables are the rewards of simply completing a special level or boss encounter, or for completing a side-quest from an NPC. But most unlockables are hidden in the nooks and crannies of the world, waiting to be discovered. Replayability would benefit enormously from the scouring of dedicated players searching for all the unlockables.

Cameo Appearances from Non-Playable Characters: Marth and Caeda sharing a tender moment before Marth embarks on his quest. Seeing K.K. Slider at a barren train station performing the K.K. Western. Rattatas darting through the grasses in a prairire and Kokunas hanging from branches in a forest. Waluigi appearing out of nowhere to troll Luigi for a second. All of these characters save Marth aren't necessarily going to be full-on playable characters, but they could still have their little bit of stardom by starring in cameo appearances in cinematics and levels in Adventure Mode.

I understand the complaints of some that it would be disappointing to see their favorite characters only appear temporarily and not be full-on characters. However, a cameo appearance in Adventure Mode's story is better than just a trophy recognition or nothing, and supposing Adventure Mode is unlocked the way I suggested above, you would know who's playable and who's not when you start up Adventure Mode.

Side-Quests: Side-quests would either be given out by NPC's you encounter or would be passive activities you could participate in on your travels. These side-quests would be kept relatively simple in concept, as there's no need for a quest-organization system.

For an example NPC side-quest, Ness encounters a Nintendog in a forest, lost and without it's owners. Ness can choose to interact with the Nintendog and then accept or decline to help guide the Nintendog through the rest of the level to it's Mii owners. Once returned to it's owners, the player would recieve the reward of the Nintendog Assist Trophy for normal play. The initation and end of the quest could either be achieved through cinematics or with subtitles and basic "accept quest/decline quest" choices.

For an example "passive activity", Samus could be venturing through an ancient ruin system and notice unique runes on parts of the ruin's wall. Samus could interact with the runes and use her scan visor to translate the runes and discover the history of the ruins she is exploring with each deciphered rune.[/COLLAPSE]
I love the individual characters storyline ideas. I hated having to change characters while doing the story constantly. I also think, as I posted earlier, that for the story-line, if 2-3 characters are charging into a level/battle then you should have the playable one as in the SSE but the other characters should be either taking over by a player with another controller or go AI and act something like the AI of Tails in Sonic 2 (or AI players in Left 4 Dead).

I know it was kind of a comedy video but I kind of like the idea from Smash Kingdom were you had the villians against the heroes storyline. Plus that meeting was very funny with Mewtwo frying Wario's mind.

Villians:

Ganondorf
Bowser
Ancient Minister (bring him back)
Wolf
Mewtwo
Wario
King Dedede
Metaknight
King K Rool (hopefully they will add him)
Ridley (Hopefully he is in Smash 4 as well)
Dr. Robotnik (It maybe hard to add him as a playable character but have him in some way with the other villians).
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Petey Piranha
Dr. Wiley (If Megaman is playable).

We have a long list of great villians there to make our heroes life miserable.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When Mewtwo got mentioned on the last post, I can probably see where the enemy Pokemon idea came to play; in the first Pokemon movie, Mewtwo had a way to clone every Pokemon, making each clone a brutal fighter.

Of course, I'd still like to see Mewtwo play a Dedede on us, and actually fight against the villains. For those who are confused, in the Subspace Emissary, Dedede appeared to be a bad guy, but he actually had good intentions for taking the fighter trophies; he was trying to make a rebellion group against Tabuu.

volbound1700

Smash Master
LOL that is funny about Dedede because often times in the Kirby series he appears as the good guy more than the bad guy. Really the only game he is TRUELY bad in is the very first Kirby game (Dreamland).

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Imagine a big overworld,
You travel around this world from a top down perspective (think final fantasy overworld)
You move around the screen with a smaller version of your character. (Vertical and Horizontal Movement)
When you reach a town or location you press a button to enter it.
The screen fades to black and when it fades back to normal you are in the town.
But the top down perspective is gone and you are now moving in a platformer style
like you would the subspace emissary. (Horizontal Movement and Jumping)
Except in these towns are various NPC's. You can talk to them for missions,
or just for comedic reasons. (Maybe interact with them by attacking or taunting?)
Also you can enter buildings by pressing up when in front of a door.
This could be a way to access shops where you can purchase stickers.
I liked the idea of stickers in brawl's subspace emissary and how you could equip them.
Some stickers allowed you to start off a map holding a weapon (Like a Baseball Bat or Beam Sword)
Others increased your stats (Speed and Strength)
To leave the town simply walk off the edge of it (Exit Left or Right)
After exiting you are back in the overworld.
There isn't much to do in the overworld,
and I can understand it being replaced with a simple point and click to go places,
But it just adds to the interactivity.
JavaCroc mentioned unlocking adventure mode AFTER you have unlocked all the characters.
But having characters join you during the adventure mode could still be rewarding.
(Pikachu Joined Your Party!)
And some NPC's who are actual nintendo mascots would be cool.
Barbara (the assist trophy chick with the guitar) could run a shop
where you purchase CD's (extra music)
I liked JavaCroc's idea of hidden areas. Like you're in a town,
you push a crate out of the way and it reveals an open manhole.
Or you meteor smash an odd plot of dirt and an item springs out.
And could you imagine how fun this would be with Co-Op?
I haven't even mentioned how fighting would come into play here.
Maybe you enter a coliseum and sign up for a torunament.
Here you fight the other characters from the game.
Winning could award you with cash to purchase stuff or maybe
even unlocking a new character.
Imagine you make it all the way to the end of the tournament
and the final fight is against Takamaru or Geno.
Of course including goombas, koopas, octoroks, and metroids
in wild areas would be nice. Taking out these little minions
could be part of missions to rid someone of a nuisance.
The nuisance being koopas keep stealing their turnips.
Fetch quests would be annoying but help connect the stories
in towns. Like deliver this letter to grampa Kranky Kong over in
DK springs.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DK and Diddy can totally have voice actors. Just hire Richard Yearwood and Andrew Sabiston and we're all set!

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
I read it and there should be cameos at the peoples home worlds or places like on corneria foxes planet you see general pepper or peppy and sauria krystals planet general scales or someone and donkey congs place funky, crunchy, and all the others

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
donkey congs place funky, crunchy, and all the others
I googled crunchy kong after reading your post. The closest thing I found was a donkey kong cereal product. Don't even get me started on you're mispelling of Kong

...man after reading this I can't believe how worked up I got over this...

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
I googled crunchy kong after reading your post. The closest thing I found was a donkey kong cereal product. Don't even get me started on you're mispelling of Kong

...man after reading this I can't believe how worked up I got over this...
WOWWW your right though I meant chunky I haven't played a DK game since 64

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
WOWWW your right though I meant chunky I haven't played a DK game since 64
lol me neither. I actually was expecting to find out I was calling Chunky the wrong name this whole time! XD
But DK64 was the first game I ever owned and played so its kinda hard to forget.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Here are some ideas for Pikmin enemies in Adventure mode that I had. I've listed each enemy, which games they appeared in, their characteristics, and how I feel they should behave/attack. Hope you like.

[COLLAPSE="Normal enemies"]

[COLLAPSE="Grub-Dogs"]
Red Bulborb
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Probably the most well-known enemy in the Pikmin series. If Pikmin enemies do appear, it would only make sense for the Red Bulborb to appear.

Behavior:
In the series, Bulborbs usually stay asleep until attacked. This behavior could easily be dropped, especially if they appeared in a nighttime area.

Attacks:
All of these are based on behavior in the Pikmin games
-Run and lunges at the player.
-Shakes itself if it is being attacked.
-Bites/tries to eat the player(maybe tosses the player up in the air?)

Orange Bulborb
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Debuting in Pikmin 2, the Orange Bulborbs behavior is very similar to the Red Bulborb.

Behavior:
The main distinction between Red and Orange Bulborbs is that Orange Bulborbs are easier to startle, meaning that they wake up easier/faster than other species. They aslo have mor health than other Bulborbs.

Attacks:
Same as Red Bulborb, once woken up.

Spotty Bulbear(and Dwarf Spotty Bulbear?)
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]

In Pikmin 1, The Spotty Bulbear was just a bigger, stronger version of the Red Bulborb. In Pikmin 2, however, it gained the distinction of being one of the few Grub-dog species that would be constantly awake when the Player encountered them. They would patrol a specific area, often being followed by Dwarf Bulbears.

Behavior:
As mentioned, it should pace a given area until it saw the player character, and then would begin to pursue the player.
Attacks: Same as the Bulborbs mentioned.

Fiery Bulblax
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Fiery Bulblaxes are somewhat rare enemies in Pikmin 2. They behaved similarly to other Grub-Dogs, aways being asleep when the player encountered them. The main difference between the Fiery Bulblax and other species, as you probably already figured out is that the Fiery Bulblax is always on fire.

Behavior:
Would behave identically to the Red Bulborb.

Attacks:
Most of it's attacks would be the ones already listed.
The fire: since the Fiery Bulblax is, y'know, ON FIRE, naturally the fire would damage the player. I'd suggest that the fire did small continuous damage to anything close to it, but without any knockback.

[/COLLAPSE]

Breadbug mimics
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]

These are not actually smaller Bulborbs, but are creatures who mimic the appearance of Bulborbs to help protect themselves.

Behavior:
They would wander around, usually close to a Mature Bulborb. If startled/ attacked, some might let out a cry that would wake any nearby sleeping Bulborbs.

Attacks:
-Rush the player and lunge at them.
-Shake, dmageing players close to themselves.

Wollywog/Yellow Wollywog
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Wollywogs(Wollyhops in some regions) are found mostly in aquatic areas. They behave mostly identically to each other: once prey is within a cartain distance, they hop up in the air and fall to crush/eat their prey.

Behavior/Attacks:
As I mentioned, they would wait for the player to be within a certain range, hop up, then fall to crush the player.

Fiery Blowhog
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Fiery /blowhogs appear in both Pikmin games. Their main attack is their ability to spray fire.

Behavior:
Would wander about a giver area until they noticed the player, then would attack.

Attacks:
-Primarily, they would spit fire at the player.
-If the player got too close/ attacked the Blowhog, it would buck, dealing high knockback.

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Rarer/more difficult enemies"]
Puffy Blowhog
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Appearing in both games, the Puffy Blowhog is an airborn and somewhat difficult enemy to deal with.

Behavior:
Float around a specific area. If it noticed the player, it would move a certain distance from the player and ready its wind attack.

Attacks:
-Blow a powerful gust of wind at the player.
-Shake itself if the player were too close.

Burrowing Snagret
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
A rare boss-like enemy in both games. Burrowing Snagrets remain hidden in the ground until approached. Its head is its only weak point.

Behavior:
Buried until approached. When the player is nearby, it emerges from the ground, attacks, and then burrows.

Attacks:
-Emerge from ground
-Peck at player.

Pileated Snagret
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
A rarer, stronger relative of the Burrowing Snagret found only in Pikmin 2. Unlike the Burrowing Snagret, it can actually move once it emerges from the ground and could kill pikmin when it dove back underground. Like the Burrowing Snagret, it can only be damaged by its head.

Behavior:
Buried until approached. When the player is nearby, it emerges from the ground, attacks, and then burrows.

Attacks:
-Emerge from ground
-Peck at player.
-Dive and burrow into the ground

Armored Cannon Beetle
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
A boss-like enemy appearing only in the first Pikmin. It can only be defeated by attacking the red area on its back that it keeps covered.

Behavior:
Patrols around a small area. When it notices the player, it faces them and begins to suck in air through the white hole near the top of its shell, readying its boulder attack. Note that in the original Pikmin, it had to suck in and “choke” on a Pikmin to lift its “wings” and expose its vulnerable backside.

Attacks:
-Shoots large boulder at player.

Emperor Bulbalx
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

[/COLLAPSE]
The final boss of the first Pikmin, it was downgraded in size and became more common in Pikmin 2.

Behavior:
Would remain buried in the ground, only its eye stalks visible. If the player walked over the eyes, it would emerge from the ground.

Attacks:
-Bursting from the ground(1-time only), deals some knockback but no damage.
-Shooting out its tongue.
-Shaking itself if the player is too close.
[/COLLAPSE]
Boss time!

[COLLAPSE="Boss"]
Titan Dweevil
[COLLAPSE="Image"]

Note that here, the Dweevil is shown without any of it's weapons/armor.
[/COLLAPSE]
The final boss of Pikmin 2. Attacks with a variety of weapons(which are actually treasures). In Pimkin 2, ALL of its weapons had to be damaged/knocked loose before the main body of the Dweevil could be damaged.

Behavior:
Walks around over the player. Attacks with its weapons at constant intervals.

Attacks:
Flare Cannon: Sprays fire on one side of the Dweevil.
Shock Therapist: Shoots out electrical nodes, then some chain lightning
Monster pump: shoot balls of water into the air, which wall and damage the player.
Comedy Bomb: Sprays 3 rotating streams of poison gas. The gas could have various effects, like making the player fall asleep or giving a Lip's Stick flower.

[/COLLAPSE]

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, thanks M&S Guy! I forgot my sig doesn't show up on Quick Replies. Normally there's a link in there.

But yeah, thanks bunches!
No problem. You can't rely on signatures for everything after all.

@shinpichu: Regarding your Pikmin enemies, I actually inputted Emperor Bulblax as a boss. Of course, I was referencing the one from the original Pikmin, as it's bigger than the Emperor Bulblaxes from Pikmin 2.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No problem. You can't rely on signatures for everything after all.

@shinpichu: Regarding your Pikmin enemies, I actually inputted Emperor Bulblax as a boss. Of course, I was referencing the one from the original Pikmin, as it's bigger than the Emperor Bulblaxes from Pikmin 2.
Personally, I think the Titan Dweevil would be a more interesting boss fight. The Emperor Bulbax is cool, but his potential moveset feels too limited to be a full-on boss. In fact, that's a problem with a lot of bosses/enemies from the Pikmin games.

Also: anyone else think the whole "Mushroomy Kingdom" idea(i.e. memorable level from a classic game, but worn down from years of neglect) could work as a stage(stages?) in an Adventure/Story Mode?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
In other news, I'll be expanding the plot part of my story mode idea soon. I guess I'll be fleshing out the missions in the individual worlds and basically screenwriting the thing.

All interested parties should keep your eyes peeled.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A boss doesn't necessarily need to have a large movepool though; Petey Piranha obviously had a shallow amount of attacks in the Subspace Emissary.

Anyway, in Emperor Bulblax's case, its attacks could involve ramming players, and trying to grab them with its tongue; it would grab players and then chew on them before spitting them out. Of course, players can escape if they tap the jump button enough times.

When down to 50% of its HP, it would become more aggressive, and even attempt to crush players with its whole body. Also, whenever it grabs players with its tongue, it would spend much less time chewing, making it harder to break free from its grasp.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
True. And Grub-dogs are an iconic part of the franchise. Still, I personally prefer my bosses have varied/faster attacks tmo make them more challenging/fun. I also worry about the Bulblax being a wee bit too slow, but that could really be a problem with most enemies fro Pikmin.

Although with bosses, I feel like Sakurai might want to pick an enemy from Pikmin 3.

On a related note, I can't believe I forgot to suggest the Gatling Groink as a midboss type enemy.

And now for something completely different... If there were a Mother 3 world/area in the game, I think that different boss character should be found.
A lot of people in the Mother fanbase were upset after Brawl casually spoiled a lot of that game, and giving away who the final villain was. I think either the Mecha Drago or the Ultimate Chimera could work, as the Pig Mask Army could still be included in the story without spoiling Mother 3's plot.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
aporoids from star fox assault could be enemies or bosses and same with space pirates.....

Also imagine if leon made it in and wolf and him together would be the best since they're a true alliance. Oh and ridley and k. rool would be the best.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I say every last character and whatever should not make any sound or noise whatsoever. Leave everything to the imagination to the players.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Perhaps the adventure mode shall take place on the 3DS?
No why did I even suggest that! Why are they even making a 3DS version!?!
I swear if the 3DS gets exclusive content. I hope it's just a downgraded version of the WII U Smash Bros.
Then again if that 3DS could handle Street Fighter 4 they might not even have to cut anything out.
I imagine it'll be mostly used for online versus though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It wouldn't seem right if the 3DS version gets all the solo game modes. The Wii U version needs to have solo mode too, as you do need the solo game modes for unlocking characters, stages, and other things.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
I loved SSE, but yeah, something was lacking for me:
I wish that the characters actually visited each character's "world" (like: Mario in Hyrule, Sonic in the Lylat System, you know)
For me, they should add this.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well I had some character ideas where characters interacted. I originally focused on Lucas when I started and had a few interactions. One involves Lucas meeting K. Rool. K. Rool is on a rampage, but gets injured when Lucas, in his fright, accidentally lets off a psychokinetic chargeand runs away. Lucas then runs in to yoshi and they go off together. I can't remember what happens after that except that Yoshi keeps jumping on people's heads...

Anyway, my brother had a much better idea for the adventure mode. It goes a little like this:

You begin as mario and play a few levels in true mario style. Suddenly, you face up against Bowser and... lose. It fades out as Bowser rejoices over his victory (with Jr. and his other sons) and fades out.

Now you begin as link, and the same thing happens. You go in to a castle and do some puzzles, before facing up to Ganon. And Ganon wins. Same type of cinematic happens.

The basic point of this story is, the endings aren't playing out as they should be. Your job is to figure out why and hopefully return order. While you do this you'll meet the characters of various series who'll team up and work together with some funny cutscenes in between.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'm not exactly sure what I want for a new story mode as far as story goes, but I want everything the SSE tried to promise. I want a real crossover.

There should be more bosses that are actually BOSSES, not a specific order of commands and then do something when at low health. Bosses should be tricky, puzzling and have a different experience for each player.

Actually fight everyone in their respective Universe. Or atleast, if you meet a character you have to unlock, you should still have to fight them. And don't have characters like Jigglypuff, Toon Link and Wolf have nothing to do with the story and just put them in so you can unlock them faster.

Character development, a plot. Connect things together! Have characters that talk actually talk. Characters like Link or Mario who regularly don't talk should obviously not talk, it'd be out-of-character and weird anyways (although Mario did talk briefly in the Japanese version of Super Mario Sunshine).

Actually put things from outside of the story in the story. For example, actually fight on stages from the Versus mode; have a brief Classic Mode fight; have modified Event Matches.

Change things up. The SSE was usually the same: play a level, watch a cutscene, continue onwards. There should be a change to this. I was thinking of more RPG-inspired gameplay. Level up individual characters by free fighting (as in, not turn-based), have an overworld where going to a previous level gives your benefits. Have people move all around the Smash Universe looking for something, fulfilling quests, etc. etc.

However, above all, I want to learn of Master Hand's and Crazy Hand's background. Why do they exist? What's their purpose? I'd love to know more, they are really mysterious.

Oh and get rid of the Difficulty Level option. It makes bosses like Tabuu WAY too Easy and WAY too difficult. There should be a gradual increase of difficulty as you progress like, y'know, MOST OTHER games with stories (you don't see Super Mario Bros. 3 with a difficulty setting, do you?)

It wouldn't seem right if the 3DS version gets all the solo game modes. The Wii U version needs to have solo mode too, as you do need the solo game modes for unlocking characters, stages, and other things.
Indeed. Plus even if the 3DS and Wii U are inter-connected, it would be unfair and unjust for someone to purchase two copies of the game for each system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom