• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop the Melee vs Brawl garbage - I can't believe I'm wasting my 10k post on this.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
i took a class on forum etiquette in 5th grade too.

who was your teacher hyuga?

maybe we had the same class
Well you see back in my day we didn't HAVE so many interwebs like y'alls got in modern times. I learned it on the STREET yo. By street, I mean playing Diablo on bnet in 1996 when I was in 9th grade.

Wouldn't you know -- most people actually are tools.
Pretty much.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Qtf why is every1 attacking me. its true. Its more clear that on here, Gimpy is more respected on the forums than just some1 random that would be saying "OMG STOP THIS BRAWL AND MELEE HATRED!" Its just going to end of with some1 that is going to be like "Sorry brawl sucks. melee is better."

Compared to Gimpys post, that basically is getting praised. Thats what I am saying. Basically what I am saying is that his 2 cents is worth more than other peoples.

But I know whats going to happen... I'am going to get flamed again. oh well.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Qtf why is every1 attacking me. its true. Its more clear that on here, Gimpy is more respected on the forums than just some1 random that would be saying "OMG STOP THIS BRAWL AND MELEE HATRED!" Its just going to end of with some1 that is going to be like "Sorry brawl sucks. melee is better."

Compared to Gimpys post, that basically is getting praised. Thats what I am saying. Basically what I am saying is that his 2 cents is worth more than other peoples.

But I know whats going to happen... I'am going to get flamed again. oh well.
That's only because he takes the time to compose a coherent argument that's worth reading.

The other 98% of people on this board, not so much.

And to put it rather simply, his reputation is essentially the end result of his previous actions; it's shouldn't be "omg it's Gimpy we can't oppose him" etc. Unfortunately, too many scrubs have that mindset, and nothing can really be done about it.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
That's only because he takes the time to compose a coherent argument that's worth reading.

The other 98% of people on this board, not so much.

And to put it rather simply, his reputation is essentially the end result of his previous actions; it's shouldn't be "omg it's Gimpy we can't oppose him" etc. Unfortunately, too many scrubs have that mindset, and nothing can really be done about it.
Yes well put. Agreed.

and NP, I am 18 wtf. stop making childish assumptions.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I am 18 wtf. stop making childish assumptions.
1. P makes inflammatory comments (ie flamebait). It's your risk if you choose to take them at face value.

2. You style of posting suggests that you could possibly be younger than the age of 18.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Meh I am 18. But when I make like a 18 word post then people choose to react in a way that no one should really, what am I suppose to think?

Miharu

Smash Hero
You made a poorly-worded post. Of course it's going to get jumped on; what else would you expect from the internet?

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
i h8 broll cuz broll has no tech skil n broll is bad. melee is kool cuz it has fast caracters lik pichu.

BTW there wouldn't happen to still be any Melee biweeklies in Norcal, would there?

H&K2 rocked.

x.Ta.Z

Smash Rookie
i h8 broll cuz broll has no tech skil n broll is bad. melee is kool cuz it has fast caracters lik pichu.

BTW there wouldn't happen to still be any Melee biweeklies in Norcal, would there?

H&K2 rocked.
People who think there is no such thing as truth on the internet needs to read this post.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Hey Gimpy that's a mature and understanding post and all, but I'm not gonna act like brawl deserves any merit whatsoever in any situation. (It doesn't even deserve a capital b.)

Also, except for maybe Shane, I am pretty sure I'm the best in the world at Melee right now.

On a last note, Melee > Life(not just brawl.)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Hey Gimpy that's a mature and understanding post and all, but I'm not gonna act like brawl deserves any merit whatsoever in any situation. (It doesn't even deserve a capital b.)

Also, except for maybe Shane, I am pretty sure I'm the best in the world at Melee right now.

On a last note, Melee > Life(not just brawl.)
teach me how to play marth?

S2

Smash Lord
I think it's time all the true players show up and complain about both Melee and Brawl... because everyone knows there's only one fighting game with the depth, tech skill, and mindgames to keep players coming back for more.

And that game is Primal Rage.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Sigh.

This only shows that our Smash community needs to grow up.

I'm hatin' and tired of stupid and useless threads people are making too.

Great post Gimpy. Great post. This community needs to wake up and unite as one!

Zodiac

Smash Master
Look, the Pacific West forums are admitedly spam/drama filled at almost all times, but what exactly is the reason for this explosion of hatred lately?
The reason? BRAAAAAWWWLL SUUUUCCCKKKSSSS! Thats the reason. while I agree with the rest of your post, if the people who dont want to see brawl made a the tournament standard(AND RIGHTLY SO IT DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES) dont speak up then it will become the tournament standard. and then there will be no reason to be a competitive smasher. yes its time everyone stopped this brawl vs melee crap because people need to get used this.

BRAWL SUCKS AND IS NOT A GOOD TOURNAMENT GAME, IT NEVER WILL BE, GET OVER IT.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I like how you "agree with the rest of his post" and then unabashedly ignore what you supposedly agree with in the rest of your post. You should probably reread his post.

Melee or Brawl is a false dichotomy except when it comes to making any one single tournament Brawl or Melee (except we just ran BOTH at the NCB successfully). Nothing says that Melee and Brawl tourneys can't occur at the same time in different places (they already do). If Melee is "more competitive than Brawl" then the tourney numbers will return to Melee's side once people figure that out. You're just a complete moron if you think you can tell other people how they "should" have fun.
CCCCAAAALLLLMMMM DDDDOOOOWWWWNNNN

Miharu

Smash Hero
wow arent u mature
if u think brawl is "teh sucks" thats fine
this thread is slower than i expected it to be when i posted here since this argument can get quite heated
Shut the **** up fa
ggot.

Don't bother calling others out on their immaturity when you lack that very thing yourself.

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
saaaay whaaaaaaat????

Shut the **** up fa
ggot.

Don't bother calling others out on their immaturity when you lack that very thing yourself.
how did I in my comment that practically said that i respect his opinion if he thinks a game is better than another stand for immaturity. oh, and u dont know me and probably will never meet me in person so please dont say that I lack maturity

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
how did I in my comment that practically said that i respect his opinion if he thinks a game is better than another stand for immaturity. oh, and u dont know me and probably will never meet me in person so please dont say that I lack maturity
Your first post in this thread was, "Brawl > Melee" you know, the exact thing Gimpy was saying NOT to bring up anymore -_-

Miharu

Smash Hero
Based on your posts, you lack maturity.

More idiotic defenses please; I haven't seen enough.

Top Bottom