• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stongertron 2009 [Hickory, NC] Results

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Awesome tournament guys. Sorry the place was hard to find for some, and I hope you all enjoyed it. I'll host another one in the future since this one had such an awesome response!

Melee Singles:
1. Dr. Peepee :falco:/:fox:
2. Twitch (Dr. Peepee's younger brother) :fox:
3. Lord Karn :shiek:
4. ptown :marth:/:falcon:
5. stingers135 :jigglypuff:/:falcon:/:shiek:/:marth:/:falco:/:peach:
5. Pyrostormer :ganondorf:
7. NC-Echo :shiek:
7. Munkey :peach:
9. Dark Hart :falco:
9. JMH :falcon:/:samus2:/:drmario:
9. Dollar :samus2:
9. Zero
13. Yeroc :fox:/:shiek:
13. EMB :marth:
13. Seven :marth:
13. Vilt
17. Josh
17. Popo :falcon:

Melee Doubles:
1. Piss n Twitch (Dr. Peepee and Twitch)
2. The Kids (Stingers and Pyrostormer)
3. Corey and Peter (Yeroc and Ptown)
4. Munk and Dollar
5. Intersection of 24th Street Drive NE and 24th Avenue Place NE (Lord Karn and Vilt)
5. Seven of Harts (Seven and Dark Hart)
7. Team Awesome (JMH and Popo)

Brawl Singles: (NOTE: Sushi had to leave after Winners Finals (he beat Dr. Peepee) and was given 2nd. Losers Finals became Grand Finals for the 1st and 3rd spots)
1. Dr. Peepee :marth:
2. Sushi :metaknight:
3. stingers135 :rob:/:metaknight:
4. NC-Echo :olimar:
5. Flamingo :metaknight:
5. Lord Karn :snake:/:wario:/:metaknight:
7. KillerSOS :olimar:
7. DullRazor :rob:
9. Zero Gamer :zerosuitsamus:/:lucario:
9. Twitch :diddy:/:metaknight:
9. the_c00l :marth:/:pit:
9. theapexp :dedede:/:wario:
13. Blae :peach:
13. Landis :falco:/:marth:
13. Sergio :marth:
13. Jason :yoshi2:
17. Matt
17. Vilt :diddy:
17. Chaos :pit:/:marth:
17. Alicia :lucas:
17. Phil :kirby:
17. Smith :toonlink:
17. Dark Hart :roymelee:

Brawl Doubles:
1. Buff Physiques (Dr. Peepee and Stingers)
2. 24th Street Intersection Place Drive Avenue (Lord Karn and NC-Echo)
3. Dull and Sushi
4. Team Blackup (the_c00l and Chaos)
5. Team Gordita (Sergio and theapexp)
5. Diddy and the Other (Vilt and Jason)
7. Landis and Alicia
7. Flamingo and Killer
9. DarknessBlae (Blae and Ash)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
copy/pasting shoutouts from the other thread.

Shoutouts:

Thanks for teamin' with me Sushi. We should really try to team more often. And, good stuff in singles. Really good stuff.

Dollar and Munkey: Really good seein' you guys again, seriously. I wasn't plannin' on going until Stingers said you were comin'. So... yay. lol.

Bill: Rly tough Olimar & thanks for the friendlies. If its any consolation, I hayt MK too.

Twitch: Should have banana locked me. You had it.

Aaron: I got incredibly lucky. Really. U won, imo.

Peepee: Fun, FUN games in teams. I wanted to squeeze in some friendlies with you, but- blah, next time!

Stingers: Great tourney, lots of fun. Incredibly legit ROB, and LOL @ me talking durin' the match an runnin out of fuel. You'da won anyway.

KillerSOS: Really solid Olimar, trufax. I happened to get a little lucky a few times. Good stuff.

Chaos: Your pit *reall* worked me over second teams match.

Angel? (Tag was cool): Fun Marth. I almost had the zomgcomeback with wolf. ;_;

Jason: LOL GANONCIDE, FTW

Vilt: Fun stuff broski. Hope to get some friendlies with ya next time I see ya.

I think that's mostly everyone I met... anyone I forgot, I'm sorry. Had a blast & hope to see ya all at HERB

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
They're rusty and they started goofing off partway through lol.

Shoutouts time!:

The Kids: Awesome tournament guys! I was impressed with the response you guys had, and with how well the tournament was run.

Stongers: Hahaha bro you're so crazy. =p The gay Foxy voice at IHOP was too good, and you ***** in both games once again. Sorry I fail to live up to your imaginary expectations of me in Brawl, but you'll just have to understand that I have a mental block while fighting Meta Knight, and all of the experience in the world cannot fix that. Regardless, you did very well vs me in Losers Finals and probably deserved to win due to my crappy attitude, and I hope it goes your way for that reason next time. Antwain all day.

Jim: Dude you were mad chill this tournament. The Ganon is lookin better bro. Keep it up and I really believe you can get to that #4 spot. Dat a$$$$$$$$

New guys: Sorry I forgot your names, but I'll do my best to make up for that if you come to more tournaments. =p The three Melee bros I met, you're chill and host stuff plz. Brawl bros, we should friendly more.

Munkey- It's been forever, but I finally got to meet you. I could tell you were extremely rusty, but I could tell how smart you are regardless. We definitely need to play some before I ship off to Winston-Salem(I'll be back in Shelby on some weekends though).

Dollar Store Dereck- It's been such a long time man, but I'm glad to see you're still playin and doin well. I could see some rust on you too, but if you come to another tournament or two, I'm sure you'll be fine(and I'll get to play you more then =p).

Josh- I hope you had a fun time bro. We didn't talk....

Phil- Your Pikachu is verrrry sneaky lol. In Melee, get that tech skill down before working on how to apply it. I SUPPOSE you can play floaties for now though. =p

Willy- Great to meet The Entertainer. That breakdancing was sick man. I hope you enjoyed the tournament as much as we did bro, and it'll be cool to see you around again.

Sushi- Nice.

Peter- I had a feeling the Marth might come back. =p Either way, you're still too smart as always. Hit me up for idea-swapping or just a fun time anytime. XD

Boss Nasty and Travis- You guys is gay.

Corey- Lol you're so gay for ****** my 5 minute world record. XD

KillerSOS- LOL BlueBlaz. Glad you came to a tournament.

Flamingo- It was cool to come to another tournament bro. You know you liked sitting on our side of IHOP beter, admit it!

Cool and Chaos- Didn't talk to you guys much, but good to see ya again. Marth is too good.

Dark Hart- Good mindgames going to this lol. Everything at this tournament was too fun(as far as Melee and other shenanigans go =p), including those sleep-ridden friendlies. XD I kid, good shiz in all of our matches bro, and I'm seeing some improvement. I think one day everything will just click for you. Keep workin at it man.

Omniostrich- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA get ***** lol.

Foxy- No johns.

Christina- #1 On biting and scratching PRs over Stongers' siblings(and Bill). What a beast.

Oh yeah, and Stongers' siblings- GTFO

Karn- You just keep getting better in both games lol. You probably should have beaten me in Brawl as I fail miserably vs MK, but all the same good shiz. Good stuff vs Twitch too, and I'll do my best to get those matches uploaded and critiqued tomorrow before I leave so you can look at them.

Ph00t- Hahaha you're crazy bro. The dancin and music and driving and that negro voice on Omni were all wayyyy too good lol. Group hug awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Reverend Echo- Don't kill no one no mo. Also, it was really fun hangin with you at IHOP and McDonald's. Cool sermon bro.

Vilt- Goooood shiz drivin Gboro everywhere like always. Bein too good about HERB registration was pretty tight too. Oh I just remembered, did I give you the same amount for both me and Twitch? I don't think Twitch is entering Brawl teams(at the very least), so I may need a little money back.

Smith- Hahahahaaha loooool you got SOOO high. XD *swings at Lucas and gets beaten up by Bill.

Zero- I'm so sad to hear that you're leaving man. You're too fun and your stories raaaaaape. I hope some of the Melee help I tried to give you will be useful when you're playing vs one of the 5 AL players, and you'd better still come to future HERBs! It's been fun man. Catfish and Brozards fo eva.

People I forgot- remind me to put you in.

Everyone- this tournament ***** because of you. Good stuff.

Edit: Ohhh man post 6666

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Alex: Cool tourney, bro. You're really good, man, but I'm beginning to wonder whether it's a good idea to bring you out in public any more than is necessary for you to get your vitamin D. You're kind of insane. Sorry about giving you crap about my speakers. I'm an audiophile, so I don't like overtaxing my sound systems.

Bill: Dude, your Sheik+ is so cool. I'm so glad you came to this. Too bad about MKs, man. That stuff's really gay. I didn't get to say goodbye to you because you were asleep. Made me sad, bro.

Donald: Even after I left the room, I was still singing Magilla Gorilla for sale for good luck.

Adam: Dude, your Snake is either mad lucky or hella legit. My money's on the second. Good ****, dude.

Trey: You should have gone Sheik the whole time. Also, what'd you think of that Kirby?

Antwon: Hey there. Also, "negro voice?" Wow. Luv ya mang.

Corey: ZSS dittos were fun, as always. I can't ever get a consistent lock on you. You always manage to evade me just enough.

Seven: Aaaaaah, I love Kirby, don't you?

Zero: I can't wait for Talk Like LoZR day.

Dave: I embarrassed the Dark Lord. But Jim was there to call me out on it. You would be proud (of him).

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait for HERB. My two other Asheboro guys are practicing as we speak. Too much fun, for our first tournament, haha. Thanks for the shoutout Dr PP, and don't worry, our names weren't too important. Well, so long as you gave Vilt our HERB moolah.

Also, to everyone else, awesome Melee, we were very happy to give you guys our money, haha. Team Awesome will make a valiant return in HERB, if only to get SUPER-owned again.

Lastly, I'm not too sure what all of this "Amy" stuff in the avatar pic is, but I'm on board!

Jmatthewh

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and for Melee, I used Falcon, Dr. Mario, and Samus. EMB (you guys wrote down Ian B, haha) used Marth, and Popo used Falcon. Team Awesome was comprised of two Yoshis, in case you wanted to add team characters.

Foxy

Smash Master
Wow, these results are AWESOME!

I wish I had been able to come with Karn.

Speaking of Karn, pure Sheik and outplacing Peter? Wow, finally getting the results from all your improvement. I'm glad your patient Sheik is doing well, especially since really nobody plays her in NC.

Also impressed with Stingers in Melee, awesome **** bro! Almost placing in singles and 2nd in doubles? Very nice. You're probably gonna get PR'd above me next time.

Also it's awesome to see Bill enter Melee singles finally, maybe he's aiming to get more into that now that he's quit Brawl? And nice placing.

Also great to see Zero enter again and Dark Hart make it out there with Karn.

And whaaaat happened to Seven? Did he forfeit or something?

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
Nice tourney, guys. I had a blast coming to this, and hope to attend more in the future. My real tournament experience was definitely positive.

Everyone, it was good meeting you all. As a whole, you guys seem to be an awesome group of people.

Vilt- Ridiculous with the two psuedo rests in a row.

Twitch - You're way too fast and too smart.

Dark Hart - Good matches.

Munkey - The one match I played with you was a lot of fun.

PP - Thanks for handling our money stuff and just generally being super cool. I'll make sure to pester Jmatthew until he hosts stuff.

Stingers - Thanks for hosting all this.

JMH and Popo - Lol @ you guys.

I think those are all the people I played or came in contact with really. Forgive me if I got all of your names wrong, I'm just learning them. I look forward to hanging out with you guys again soon. Hopefully next time I'll be able to stay for Brawl, B+, etc.

Until next time then.

-EMB / Ian (I may or may not stick with Ian. I like it, lol)

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
That's cool bro. Easy mistake. For a second I did feel stupid for not seeing my name on the bracket, even when you pointed to it. I eventually figured it out though. I like it better than my name though, haha. If only my account on here didn't already have this name, oh man.

Top Bottom